012

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
012

Kang Raena

I picked my sister up from her school as we drove towards the café that she had always wanted to go. It was an interactive café that allows younger kids to develop their love for animals. This particular café was filled with white sheeps all over.

When we entered the place, I left Lae Ahn at a seating booth that was near the sheeps for her to be kept entertained as I made my way to the counter to order both our food. Coming back with our orders of a cup of Mocha, one strawberry iced tea and the café’s signature dish – the vanilla waffles, I found Lae Ahn with a company.

A male company in particular. Making my way over, I cleared my throat and firmly asked;

“Lae didn’t Oppa teach you to not talk to-“

I was cut off halfway as the male turned to look at me. Hell, I finally realized why he seemed so familiar. It was him. Although we didn’t know each other for that long but it was long enough to make an impression, alright?

“Oh, wow. Such a coincidence, you’re the sister she’s with?”

“Yeah, thanks for trying to attempt to kidnap my sister, Nam Woo Hyun.”

“Tsk, I swear your sister has better manners than you’ll ever do.”

I pulled up the seat and sat opposite Woo Hyun who was sitting beside Lae Ahn. Woo Hyun made no attempts to leave the booth as he just sat there, glancing over at me.

“Aren’t you going to leave?”

“Unnie, why are you chasing Oppa away?”

“Oppa? You just met him and you’re calling him Oppa?”

My sister was defending this man who was a stranger to her just mere 3 minutes ago? Did all those lessons Seungyoon taught over the years go down the drain by one measly male species? Sorry Seungyoon, seems like Lae Ahn have forgotten all about those bed time stories you tell her about princesses being kidnapped by foreign witches.

Woo Hyun openly rolled his eyes as he crossed his hand. I glanced over at him and signaled him to get away from the booth as he just smirked slightly.

“Don’t you have other places to be, Nam Woo Hyun?”

“I’m free to stay here with Princess Lae Ahn.”

“Of course you are, you witch.”

He amusedly looks over at me as a third voice cut us off.

“Nam Woo Hyun, why are you disturbing customers!”

Woo Hyun’s smirk fell off as he called back towards the counter,” They are my friends, Umma. Don’t worry!”  

Taking a second look over at the counter, an older looking woman was an almost copy of Nam Woo Hyun. She gave me a warm smile as we received each other’s eye contact, giving her a slight bow, she waved and turned back to the kitchen.

“That’s your mother?”

“And you’re sitting on my family’s chair.”

“Your family own this café?”

“If you must know, yes we do.”

Lae Ahn cut through our conversation,” Oppa, I can’t cut the waffles!”

Before I could reach over to cut the waffles for her, Woo Hyun had be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter