036

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
036

Kang Raena

The next day came very soon. I made my way up the Seoul National University Hospital. With my tag in my hands, I made my way up and scanned to get through the staff area. I opened my locker to see my white coat, with ‘Seoul National University Hospital’ sewed on to the pocket, and my first stethoscope hanging by the hook. I put over my coat and clipped my tag on the pocket. Putting the stethoscope around my neck, I looked at myself in the mirror. Yes, it’s doctor Kang for now.

I made my way out of the staff area and headed to the area where I was told to report to, I gave 3 knocks and went in to see Saemin and Eun Hee there as well. They gave me a slight smile and motioned for me to stand in front of the desk as the older man gave me a grandfather-like grin.

“Great, now that all 3 of our medical interns are here, I’m the head of the hospital, Dr. Hun. And you are all under me, directly. Here’s the main folder you’d need as a doctor here.”

He passed us all a thick folder and then dismissed us, after telling us that our duties are inside, so are our schedule sheets. We made our way out and Saemin commented,” He’s a nice man.”

Eun Hee teased,” Amongst all the men you meet, of course he’s the nicest man.”

And with that, it official starts off the ways we go, in different directions. We were all under different sub-departments, we filled in our forms individually and now we have to work on our own. They would never allow 3 interns to work in the same hospital all under one sub-department. I was placed under Critical Care*, also known as the Intensive Care Unit. Saemin was under Gynecology* and Eun Hee? She was under Oncology*, we never knew why she picked that.

A message came in.

From: Seungyoon

Good luck for your first day. Love you.

Sent on: 8:00 am

It was soon followed by Han Bin.

From: Han Bin

Do well today and we can go for ddeobokki soon! Jiwon says good morning too.

Sent on: 8:01am

I grinned at the messages before checking my schedule while heading towards the intensive care unit area. While replying to both their messages, I had bumped into another person in white.

“Oh, sorry.” I murmured as I looked up.

It was another doctor.

“Ah, you’re the new intern? Kang Raena-sii under critical care?” I nodded slightly, how did he know me?

“I’m Dr. Go Yi Jung, I’ve been looking for you. This is a file that you would need, she needs to be check now as she was in pain earlier.”

He passed me the file and gave me a tooth smile before patting my shoulders.

“Glad to know that you’re working for us, it’s always nice to have interns from Shinhwa.”

With that he went away, the opposite direction. Opening the file that was handed to me, I saw the information of the patient I was supposed to head to.

Name: Im Jung Eun

Nationality: Korean

Diagnosis: Heart burn, has a hole in her heart since born, Atrial Septal Defect*.

Symptoms: Occasional pain in chest when strained.

Note: Haves injection on daily basis by Senior Nurses. On full clock supervision.

I entered the room and was expecting to see a teenager or perhaps an adult, but no, all I saw was this young girl, no older than Jae Han, sitting on her bed, playing with her fingers.

“Im Jung Eun-yang?” I called out to her.

Her eyes twinkled as I knew immediately that she was an optimistic patient in the critical care unit.

“Are you my new doctor, I was told my senior nurse yesterday! Wah, you’re really pretty, you should smile, Doctor!”

I ignored her words and just went straight to my job,” You were having heart pain earlier?”

“It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter