030

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
030

Kang Raena

Today was that day that everybody gets hype about, every single year. It was the day when it was Eun Hee’s birthday. Technically, she was still 18 years old till this weekend, but she is still born earlier than the boys. Her birthday parties are always wild, and everybody gets invited. Why? Because it gets held in a club every single year. It would just be endless partying of our university students and sometimes other university students sneak in too, just to join the fun. Today was the day of information release to where the party will be at. There will be endless chatters about it and honestly, it was just another excuse for Eun Hee to indulge herself in alcohol.

I made my way out of the university, and I was already hearing about the invitation that was spreading around. God, Eun Hee, you sure work fast for alcohol. Here’s to the weekend of watching girls dance around in skimpy clothes and downing shots after shots.

“Hey, I heard about how wild Eun Hee’s parties are.” I heard Nam Woo Hyun’s voice talking to me.

“It has always been like this, she is one herself, by that, I am referring to the wildness.” I replied him nonchalantly. We have started to converse slightly more on human terms now. Especially after he had helped me during the volleyball injury.

“Will you be there?”

“I’ll literally get dragged there even if I don-“ I was cut short as I turned around to give a look to Woo Hyun but all I saw was a pale boy trying to breathe and stabilize himself. He held himself up against the wall as sweat started appearing on his forehead.

“W-Woo Hyun!” I called out and ran the distance where he had stopped earlier.

And then I saw Myung Soo walking by, I called out to him and brought him to Woo Hyun. When he had saw Woo Hyun’s condition, he put Woo Hyun on his back and ran towards the medical center. We opened the door loudly, and Min Ho stood up about to murder us till he saw Woo Hyun. Myung Soo placed Woo Hyun on the bed and walked out as Min Ho checked on the boy’s condition.

What exactly happened?

Myung Soo sat at the crème white sofa and held his hands together tightly, I couldn’t sit. I paced around, worrying.

10 minutes went past, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 40 minutes and finally Min Ho appeared out of the curtain.

“He had overworked himself, I’ve put him on an IV drip. Thank goodness, you two were there with him when this happened.” Min Ho nodded towards me and Myung Soo as he pulled me away demanding to talk to me in a corner.

He whispered,” He’s fine, I need you to breathe. He will be well and kicking like he was just hours ago.”

I took one look at the patient on the bed and walked out of the medical center silently and emotionlessly. I blame Nam Woo Hyun for making me remember everything. I walked out of the university, ignoring Myung Soo’s voice which slowly faded into the crowd’s chatter.

I boarded the bus and it was as though my brain was of its own. It led me to somewhere I hadn’t been to for a year. I exited and walked into the entrance, the gravel crunched under my feet as I found the corner spot where I always was. I kneeled in front of the tomb and brushed away the dirt. I had used the sleeves of my shirt to clean over the picture a few times. My heart wavered and my eyes shook as I saw the piercing eye staring at me. It wasn’t a cold stare, to others, the girl in the picture was happy and bubbly, smiling. To me, it felt as though her cold eyes were judging me whenever I came here, it felt as though she would blame me for all these.

The tombstone neatly engraved on her name; Go Min Hee.

The flowers were wilting in the weather. My vision started blurring as tears overtook my sight. The picture seemed to be mocking me and blaming me, blaming me for something I could have stopped.

With a cracking voice, I called out,” Go Min Hee.”

I closed my eyes and thought of your laughter. That happy, bubbly and sweet smile you’d flash to Oh Kang Joon, you’ve always gushed about how cute he was and how the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter