002

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  002     

Kang Raena

After a few hours, we ended practice. All the players were focusing on their game as though it was a real match instead of joking around or taking notice of the crowd that was forming at the benches. After all, Saemin would be slaughtering them if they didn’t give their 101%. As the volley team’s vice captain, she never expected anything less than that. Especially since our captain was not returning until 5 months later, according to the words she said. Jin Hwan and Chan Woo got off the bleachers and wrapped both of us around with two huge towels that was most probably from our sports bag.

“Please wear a larger t-shirt next time, we really need to clean our ears hearing those comments from those guys on your exposed skin.”

“It’d be better if you just wore a sweater to come for practice.”

Chan Woo chimed in agreeing with the older boy’s words.

“Not if you want us to die from heat or suffocation. This is a sport’s court not any theater or auditorium that puts up free shows.”

Saemin rolled her eyes as she spoke to the two men. Since both of us wanted to avoid hearing a lecture from the older man and possibly the younger one, we made our way to the changing rooms where it was out of bounds for them to enter. Not like anybody would mind if they did. Except, the female volley ballers were the only ones inside and they weren’t that fascinated with the two men. They were already used to seeing them around during practice that they didn’t feel normal if they actually started acting like those fan-girls out there going on about them for the entire day. After all, in our school, the sports players were really chilled and laid back kids. Especially since the volley ball and basketball team get along too well. I swear if the Top Notch guys had a chance, they would want to pull the volley ball team’s guys over to their basketball team.

Saemin tied her hair into a bun so the ends of her hair that were blonde were obviously tied around the outer layer of the bun. We exited the locker room with fresh new clothing. A new person was standing against the bleachers’ railing waiting for us this time. We made our way over as I asked him about the two missing men.

“Where’s the other two?”

“They have their second practice to attend to, you know, they aren’t as free as you thought they’d be.”

“I can sort of guess since Kim Han Bin is their leader after all. I’m even surprise Jin Hwan Oppa is in the second session with the younger ones instead of the first session with you and Yun Hyeong Oppa.”

Saemin and Jiwon both cracked a small smile of amusement at my sentence. Saemin pointed out towards my statement.

“And both sessions are overlooked by your best friend.”

Kim Han Bin was known as the devil in practice, he wanted nothing less than perfection. It is sort of like Saemin in volley ball practice. Anything less than 101% of hard work is not enough. Both of them do not even believe in the 1% from being a genius and 99% from hard work. They only believe in 101% hard work and not being lazy bums, hanging around slacking.

I took my bag from Jiwon as Saemin took hers from him as well. His hands were filled with my hand carry books that Jin Hwan had passed to him from before. I made no attempts to take them from him as he held them in the arms of his right hand easily. I could practically hear swooning from the girls behind about how Jiwon is a perfect man and a boyfriend material. My eyes twitched at those comments. It’s disturbing to hear all that about one of my best friends. Ignoring all the comments, Jiwon told us easily;

“I’ll drop both of you since I don’t have any other practices and both of you are lazy pieces of crap who don’t want to bring your cars despite having a driver’s license.”

Glancing at the huge digital clock that flashed in red right above the exit of the sport’s hall, a thought came to my mind.

“Jiwon, can you go a longer route?”

“Where do you want to go?”

“Pick Jae Han up from school since it’s about time.”

“I thought Seungyoon Oppa does that?”

Saemin asked from the other side of Jiwon.

“He has training tod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter