019

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
019  

Kang Raena

Before I entered the university, I received two continuous messages.

From: Unknown

Games we play are usually fun, haunted houses are our thing, is it yours?

Sent on: 7.45am

From: Unknown

Keep thinking it is soft till it reaches you.

Sent on: 7.56am

Haunted house? The rest room incident! So it was intentional.

I went into the lounge in the basement of the university ignoring the messages. It was a lounge room that we started using whenever we didn’t want to use the group’s house, especially if we needed to have meetings or relax before class. I the lights and muttered,” We haven’t been here in a while.”

A second voice scared the wits out of me,” Glad you know that.”

Jin Hwan laid on the sofa with his eyes close, hands crossed. He laid freely, seemed like he had been here for a while now.

“Did you not go home?”

He cleared his throat, eyes still close and murmured,” I can’t handle a drunk Dong Hyuk and 5% sober Jun Hoe. They were screaming at the top of their lungs how their life is too hard and they needed a jet plane to fly them to another island.”

Jin Hwan opened his eyes abruptly as though he just thought of something.

“Heck, Dong Hyuk was screaming about how this girl doesn’t even spare a glance at him. If only he could keep his little crush secret down, the police wouldn’t have stopped by our house. He was wailing like a little baby and I had to think of an excuse for him to the cops. I told them he just had a bad break up and we got away with a sympathetic warning.”

I held my laughter in as Jin Hwan shuddered at the thought. I never knew how he managed to survive with them coming home after drinking at the group's house almost every single day. Just as Jin Hwan spoke of the devil, Jun Hoe and Dong Hyuk entered the lounge and crashed on the sofa beside him. Jun Hoe curled into the sofa’s corner as Dong Hyuk murmured something about needing some pain killers.

Han Bin and Yun Hyeong came in together screaming at the top of their lungs about their arrival. The only welcome they got from the two hung over boys were 2 pillows thrown with full strength to their faces. This only caused Han Bin and Yun Hyeong to scream even louder, shoving it up their faces. I was laughing at the scene, however as the next person came in, my smile dropped slightly. Jiwon came in with his hood up as he looked around and greeted everyone. When we got eye contact, he broke it first. I didn’t want this awkward atmosphere to continue any longer, I don’t want anything to happen between us.

“Yah Kim Jiwon, you look like an absolute hobo.”

Jiwon looked up and caught eye contact with me, a smile crept up his face as he playfully muttered,” An absolutely cute hobo you meant?” 

His ego is still as big as before, I see. Our small interaction was broken by a loud slamming open of the door accompanied by screaming. I swear Dong Hyuk and Jun Hoe were ready to bleed from their heads. They held it and shoved a pillow up their ears to block the noise out. Our attention was brought to the door where this stranger was standing there.

She seethed under her breath,” Where the hell is Jung Chan Woo?”

Chan Woo came in at the wron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter