016

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
016

Kang Raena

I used the makeup remover from the bathroom island which Han Bin kept from ages ago since we always seemed to love crashing his house. Partly, the reason was because he lives alone since he was 17, his dad is always out and about, just like the rest of ours and his mum stays home to take care of his little precious baby sister. He thought that it’d be better to learn to be independent earlier on. Whenever the group wanted to party or hang around, his house was the priority option after the lounge house of Jun Hoe’s.

I walked out of the bathroom to see that Han Bin had put my clothes to the washer and started playing the Mickey Mouse cartoon, I swear this boy never changes. The theme song of Mickey Mouse played in the background as I walked over to him. He hummed along under his breath and grooved to the beat. When he saw me approaching, he gave me a small grin and patted the spot next to his. I snuggled in comfortably next to him as he let me rest in a ball just like we were younger. He gently put his arms around my shoulder and drew circles on it. It slowly lulled me to sleep as he didn’t question he freak show that happened earlier in school.

By the time I woke up, I was wrapped in a blanket with Mickey prints. I really question the boy’s mental age sometimes. I removed the cover and stood up to stretch, just in time to see Han Bin changed and walking out from where his room was. He threw me my clothes from the washer.

“Unless you want everyone to think you played reckless before going to class, you better change out.”

I looked down at the oversized men top I was wearing with a pair of shorts that I had left behind when I stayed over the last time. Well it’s best I change out before another rumor starts, not that I really bother. I headed to his room and changed out of the men top, back into my own ones. I threw the two pieces of fabric at him as he grumbled about him being the helper to me all the time. I grabbed my eyeliner and touched up to look decent as he muttered under his breath about how it was a waste of time.

He held onto my bag as we went to his car. When we were in the car, the radio was playing the remember-whens of G.O.D. When it came to the song which Han Bin and I had always been jamming to, One Candle by G.O.D. It was a sentimental song but it brought both of us past the tough times that we were going through. As we screamed the lyrics out, Han Bin and I exchanged eye contact as we laughed aloud until the atmosphere settles.

“You know, I feel that I’m lacking.”

Han Bin looked over at me, wondering what I had meant as I elaborated.

“I realize I have been lacking my best friend duties ever since we entered high school. You, on the other hand, have been diligently making sure to be there for me, and doing everything a best friend is supposed to.”

He uttered softly,” Hey, I never knew you feel that way. You’ve been doing more than enough for me, I swear. There isn’t a rule book on how this was supposed to be done. Don’t beat yourself up, we act differently in a friendship. I don’t feel like I’m on the losing end, yeah?”

I gave me a small smile as he patted my head and continued driving.

When we arrived, Han Bin went towards the opposite direction as he needed to collect the team’s new song, burnt in a disk. When I made my way to class and sat down, I heard many murmurs after a while. Looking up, I didn’t expect that I would see this.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

“Your game level is really high up there now, at least come in decent, non-alcoholic smelling clothes.” I heard another voice exclaim, turning to confirm my theories, it was Saemin.

Eun Hee ruffled her hands through her hair and groaned,” I lost track of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter