045

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
045    

Kang Raena

I pulled at the edge of my dress. It had been a long time since I had dressed up ever since I started working as a doctor. Being a Critical Care doctor meant that whenever there was an emergency, whether it was at 3am or 3pm, I better be there if it was my main patient, there wasn’t any time or chances for fun in the middle of dawn breaking.

Kang Raena: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=201098416

The vibration in my pocket alerted me of the new notification.

Jung: Get your out of the house.

I rolled my eyes and went out, his midnight blue car was waiting there in the evening dark blue sky. I entered the passenger seat and buckled in. He took one look at me and teased;

“You look 10 years younger now that you’ve put some effort, Rae.”

I took a look at him, he was wearing casual white tee and a dark blue blazer, matched with a good pair of black jeans and dress shoes.

“You guys don’t even have to do much to look ‘dressed up’, all you need to do was to put a blazer over.”

He tsk me and drove towards the restaurant. We had reached within 20 minutes and parked quickly. Being the gentlemen now that I have dressed up, Yi Jung opened my door. On daily basis, when he had given me a ride, he’d just lock up his side of the car and complaint that I was taking too long.

We entered the restaurant and naturally, his arms went around my waist as he spoke to the waitress.

“Table under the reservation for Go.” The waitress guided us towards the table as a lady was already seated there. I took one look at the awaiting woman and scoffed.

I lowly muttered, loud enough just for Yi Jung to hear,” Your taste in women is really horrible, how old is she?”

“A good wealthy 26 women, running a company.” He whispered back.

“No worries, I would date you in a heartbeat if you had come into work dressing like this every day.”

I rolled my eyes at him,” I never said that I would accept you.”

“Ouch, I’m hurt, hon.” He murmured, lips brushing my ears.

A smile ghosted across my lips as our light banter was the usual for both of us, it was like a second nature, the doctors in the office had enough of it after a while, and they had found it cute when we first started but now they had gotten annoyed by it. The last time we bantered across the office, Doctor Lee, a lady in her 40’s threw her pen at the general direction of Yi Jung.

 The women saw us approaching, her eyes lit up at the presence of Yi Jung but when her eyes followed his arms and saw me, wrapped around it; her frown was seen.

What have I gotten myself into?

“Who is she?” She was controlling her anger as she scrutinized me.

“My girlfriend, and we are dating if the status that I had introduced her by wasn’t clear enough.” He was calm as he spoke.

He pulled out the chair for me and tucked it in comfortably, before settling beside me. He squeezed my hands underneath the table as though he was asking me to do my work.

“Uh, yeah, we’ve been dating and I heard that you kept harassing him.” I tried to make out words that sounded logical.

The lady gave me an unwelcomed look as Yi Jung squeezed my hand under the table to reassure me.

“You’re rejecting me for a plain Jane like her? I could give you much more, money? Yes, I’ve got them. Status? That’s easy.” Yi Jung wanted to laugh, I could tell from the way he was squeezing my hands and covering it up with a cough.

If I haven’t said before, my parents had always blocked us from the me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter