047

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
047     

 

Kang Raena

I made my way towards the other end of the hospital where the department for oncology was at. Eun Hee had told me to go over to pick up some files that were for patients that needed Critical Care. I went over and headed into their department’s staff room.

“I’m looking for Doctor Kim Eun Hee?” I asked the senior doctors.

“Ah, Eun Hee went out for a while, you can just take the folder from her desk, she had told me a doctor was coming over for it.” I gave him a grateful smile and headed over to her table.

Taking the folder from the table, I made my way out of the staff room after thanking the doctors and read the file on the way down to the level which would have a bridge to lead me back to the Critical Care department.

Name (as stated on birth certificate): Park Jae Hyun

Diagnosis: Leukemia, blood cancer.

Symptoms: -

I flipped through the patient’s document, Eun Hee had told me that the patient she was going to transfer over was going to be a patient with Brain Tumor, not a patient with a type of blood cancer. I flipped through to check if this was indeed the correct file. It only when I had flipped to the last page of the folder, I saw a small white post it note with Eun Hee’s handwriting scribbled all over.

4th March.

Rose Hill Cemetery, North Wing, 34.

What was all this? I flipped back to the front cover page and I instantly knew whose folder I had taken. I carefully scanned through the page and confirmed my suspicions.

Note: Passed away in the States, March 4th, time of death: 0926 EST.

That was why the symptoms was crossed out, there weren’t any, anymore. Park Jae Hyun, the name had ring a bell in my head and I knew why. Dong Hyuk had casually mentioned before that Eun Hee had liked this man in United States but they had broken up, his name was Park Jae Hyun. It can’t be a coincidence, could it?

I speed walked back to the oncology staff’s office, hoping that Eun Hee wasn’t back yet, to my dismay, she was standing there at her table, in her hand was another similar looking file. I went over and swallowed the lump in my throat, she had knew that I saw his folder. Her eyes shook slightly as she looked away from me. I gently placed the folder on her desk, and I finally noticed something that I didn’t before.

Sitting at the corner of her desk was a small picture that matched the photo in the file. Except, he looked happier in that photo, with Eun Hee cuddled in on his side, they were both laughing and facing the sea as his arms were wrapped firmly around her waist while hers were coiled around his neck, her head was tilted back laughing and not for drinking shots.

“I’m sorry, I took the first file I saw.” I whispered to Eun Hee.

Her eyes were masked as she shook her head and smiled,” No, it’s fine, we all make mistakes.”

She handed me the file and with difficulty, I asked her,” Do you want to grab a cup of coffee together?”

She gave me a smile and grabbed her phone, signaling that it was a great idea.

Here is where we were, sitting in the hospital’s park bench, with a cup of coffee in our hands as we watched children running and squealing.

“I’m guessing that you’ve read the file?” She asked softly.

“Yeah, i-is that him?”

“Yes, that’s him, Park Jae Hyun, the man that I was, no, I still am, madly in love with.” She smiled and played with her fingers.

“What happened?” I wrapped my hands around the cup of coffee, looking down.

Kim Eun Hee

I never knew that Raena would find out about him so quickly. When I had returned to the office, the file on my table had disappeared and the senior doctors told me that the doctor I had informed them about had taken it. At the other corner of my table, sat the actual folder with the patient’s information in. She had taken the wrong folder, when she came back with it, her eyes widened and I knew that she had read the information in it.

I took a look at the children running around and decided that it was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter