039

Brave And Fearless
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
039

Kang Raena

I woke up the next day, my doctor’s coat was hung up, clean with a yellow note.

Told your housekeeper to wash it. See you later.

-Eun Hee  

I changed and put on the doctor’s coat and made my way to the hospital. After listening to what Doctor Go Yi Jung said yesterday about God being the main controller of our lives, I had woken up, and decided that if I wanted to be a doctor, I’ve got to jolly well be prepared for all these. This was why, I made my way to the hospital and made sure to inform Eun Hee that I was in for work, Saemin? Saemin seemed slightly better than yesterday after she had cried it out, hints from her puffy eyes.

One of the nurse called me towards the wards, treating me like how a nurse would treat a doctor, I guess nurses are used to all these happening, huh?

“This patient needs surgery on her nose after her boyfriend broke it, she instructed him to break it but if she doesn’t do the surgery now, she would not be able to breathe, her breathing pipe is smashed, and she is relying on machines now. She doesn’t want to do it.” I entered, and saw the person she was talking about.

“Why don’t you want to do the surgery, Miss Yuen?”

“My nose is ugly, it would still be ugly if I do the surgery!” She said in an annoyed tone.

“But your breathing pipes are affected.” My voice rose above hers.

“But it’s not your nose, yours looks perfect, even your life is perfect, your job as a doctor? Definitely a high paying job, you have everything in your life don’t you, doctor?” She sneered at me.

“Everything in my life is screwing me up, I’m forcing myself to come today but here I am and guess what?” I leaned in and lowly uttered,” You’re making it worse.”

He eyes widened. If this was a teenager talking, I could understand but no, this is a grown 30 year old woman, speaking in an immature thinking.

A nurse came over,” Doctor…”

Before she could continue, the patient said the magic words,” I- I will do it, I’ll do the surgery.”

Done.

With that, I walked out of the room and leaving for her to sign the papers.

“Daebak, we’ve almost sent our entire unit of nurses and when Doctor Kang does it, she accepts it immediately.”

I took one last look at the patient, her eyes were still widened from surprise at the uncoated blunt truth that I had just told her.

I got a call from the phone in my staff room.

“Doctor Kang, you have a visitor! Do come down to the reception area!”

I put the phone down and headed down. A visitor? Who could it be?

My question was soon answered. Kim Jiwon leaned against the counter, as he conversed with the receptionist. When he saw me, he came over and smiled widely.

“Hey.”

“Hey back.” I murmured.

He followed me into the lift as he muttered something about going out to eat after my shift is over. Thank goodness, I’m only on early shift today.

I headed up to the Critical care unit and headed into Jung Eun’s room.

“Doctor, did you bring your boyfriend today? He’s really handsome!”

I laughed and told her it was injection time, I gave her the injection, it was getting longer and larger as the days go by and my heart aches for her. She had to endure through this and survive. Before I had left, she leaned over and hugged me tightly.

I returned my coat to the locker room and headed out to the car that Jiwon was driving today. I entered the passenger seat and buckled in.

“What made you come over today?”

He gave me a nervous smile,” I heard of what happened yesterday, are you okay? I didn’t get to call you back after the miss call you gave me.”

Yes, the first person that went to voicemail was the person sitting next to me, by the name of Kim Jiwon.

“Yeah, I woke up and I had a stronger mindset.” I muttered to him as he placed a comforting hand above mine and rubbed circles.

My heart started warming at the feeling of him being beside me again. It didn’t feel like we had no contact with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter