Chapter 9

How I Met Your Appa

Chapter nine

As they stood in the living room, looking around, not really moving, with the kids surrounding them, Chanyeol and Baekhyun came to them. They had been in the master bedroom preparing their bed and unpacking.

"Chennie!" Baekhyun exclaimed and gave his best friend a big hug. "So glad you finally came. What took you so long?" Jongdae smiled at his jolly best friends after giving them hugs.

"Sorry we're kind of late," he said. Then he motioned to Sandara standing beside him. "Remember Sandara?"

"Of course!" Chanyeol said and gave her a hug. "I remember this girl." Sandara tried to hide her smile and looked at the floor.

"Well, she's grounded," Kyungsoo stated with his neutral expression.

"You know, Kyungsoo, when kids are grounded they are not allowed outside their house," Baekhyun said with a teasing glint in his eyes.

"I'm not a kid," Sandara said.

"If you would let me finish," Kyungsoo said to Baekhyun, ignoring Sandara. "I was going to say that Ryeowook couldn't take care of her, due to a business trip, so he asked me to look after her while he's gone. I told him that we were going on vacation with you guys, but he decided that it was better to leave her with me, than taking her with him to another country or even leaving her home alone."

Chanyeol nodded after hearing the story. "So she's staying with us?" He sounded happy. Kyungsoo nodded.

"Can I get a room now?" Sandara asked. She hadn't moved her sunglasses yet and looked like she didn't care about anything.

Kyungsoo sighed. "Jongdae, will you please follow her to a room?" Jongdae nodded and the two left up the stairs.

"So what has she done since she's grounded?" Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo looked around at the kids, who all looked at them curiously. "Kids, go unpack your things. This is a conversation for adults. Have you even found out who you're sharing a room with?" All the kids nodded, but kept standing still. "So?" Baekhyun looked at them with a gaze saying that it wasn't up to discussion, and all the kids - including Kyungsoo's - left upstairs to unpack their things.

"What has she done?" Chanyeol asked Kyungsoo.

"She's been to clubs with a fake id, partying and drinking. She's under aged," Kyungsoo said, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol nodded understandingly. They too would have put a foot down if they surprised their kids in doing the same thing.

 

Upstairs it was being discussed where all the kids were going to sleep. Amber, Aron, Byunghun and Chanhee were supposed to sleep downstairs in the bedroom having two bunk beds, but Joonmyun argued against it.

"Amber, I don't care!" he said, determined. "I don't want you to sleep in the same room as them."

"Appa, they're my friends! They're not going to do anything if that's what you're afraid of!" Amber said. The two had moved to a quiet less-crowded room so they could argue by themselves.

"I don't think they would attack you either, Amber, that's not why I'm against it," Joonmyun said, calming his voice down a bit.

"Then why?" Amber crossed her arms and looked angrily at her appa.

"I just don't think that a boy and a girl should be sleeping in the same room before marriage," Joonmyun explained.

"Why are you being so old fashioned?!" Amber groaned. Her eomma came to the room. "Eomma, please, tell appa that I can share a room with my friends." Taeyeon looked from Amber to Joonmyun and back again.

"If your appa is against it, you can't. I'm sorry, sweetie," she said. Amber groaned at her parents. "But you can sleep together with Sohee and Luna," she suggested.

"Well, do I have a choice?" she mumbled and walked out the door with her parents behind her. Then she walked to Aron, Byunghun and Chanhee, all looking at her hopefully. "I'm not allowed to," she said, clearly opposed to her appa's wish. The boys sighed. "I'm going to share a room with Sohee and Luna instead." With that she turned around, glaring angrily at her parents, and taking her bag going to the room Sohee and Luna had chosen.

Aron, Byunghun and Chanhee turned to each other.

"Should we still sleep in the room downstairs?" Chanhee asked the others, who shrugged.

"Kids, can you please come out here in the hallway? Everyone," Minseok called and all the kids gathered in front of him. Amber, Luna and Sohee came out of the room they had been in, and everyone else already stood in the hallway between the bedrooms. "Now that Sandara are here, you need to divide yourselves differently. She and Ji Yong are a bit older than you, so you must understand that they need their space and therefore a room for themselves."

"But how should we divide ourselves then? Can't we share with the same people as before?" Chanhee asked his appa.

"I want to share with Luna! We've already decided that beforehand," Sohee exclaimed.

"And Amber unnie," Luna said and smiled to Amber, who'd told them she'd have to share a room with them because of her appa.

Minseok thought for a moment. "I don't really know who you're all sharing rooms with. Can you please stand in the roommate groups so I can do the math?" The kids did as was told. Sohee, Luna and Amber already stood together and so was Aron, Byunghun and Chanhee; Namjoo and Hayoung took each other's hand and stood by each other; Taehyung, Changjo and Junhong also went next to each other; Minki took Jonghyun's arm and dragged him to a place, so it was clear to see they didn't share with anyone else but themselves.

"All the rooms are with two single beds." Lu Han came next to his husband and helped him.

"Except for one," Aron said. "The one downstairs are with two bunk beds."

"We're going to sleep there," Byunghun said. Minseok and Lu Han looked at each other.

"Well, you three really want to share a room together, right?" Minseok asked the two seven year olds and the eight year old, who all nodded. "Is it okay if it can't be in that room downstairs?" The boys looked at each other, and then nodded again.

Then Lu Han turned to the five remaining boys. "Is it okay if all of you share a room? Perhaps in the room with the bunk beds?"

"But I want to sleep with Jonghyun!" Minki said pouting.

"I know, and you're going to." Lu Han looked at him. "But you're also going to share with the other boys? Is that okay?" Minki hesitated, but then nodded with a big smile. Lu Han smiled back and looked at the other four boys. "Is it okay with you too?" he asked them. Jonghyun nodded as Minki had already agreed to it.

Taehyung looked at the two remaining and hesitated. He knew that it was up to him to decide; the others were kind of shy. So he smiled and turned to Lu Han with a grin, as he nodded.

"Great!" Lu Han said. "Then we just have to move some beds around." He looked at Minseok, who sighed with him.

 

When Yi Fan, Yixing and Jongin had carried a bed from both Sandara's and Ji Yong's room into two other bedrooms, everyone sat down in the living room. They had found out that one bedroom was actually with a king sized bed - luckily, because if not there would be missing a sleeping spot for one child - and so Sohee, Luna and Amber would be sleeping in that bed: there was enough space for three young girls.

Currently they were talking about what to do next.

"I'm thinking that maybe we should drive to the city; buy some food?" Joonmyun said. "After all it's already four o'clock."

Chanyeol nodded. "I think so too. We need to buy groceries," he said agreeing.

"Okay, so who should go?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Me and Lu Han hyung!" Chanyeol said. Lu Han looked surprised at him, but didn't argue against him.

"I'll go too," Joonmyun said.

"Hyung, you don't have to look after us anymore: remember you're not our leader anymore!" Chanyeol laughed.

Joonmyun looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "If I didn't, then who would? Somebody has to." Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at him and the kids giggled.

"Does anyone else want to join?" Joonmyun asked then, looking around at the kids. But they all just shook their heads. "Okay then, should we leave?" He looked at Chanyeol and Lu Han who both stood up, and together they went to the hallway, getting shoes and coats, and a little later they closed the front door behind them.

"So, what do you want to do?" Baekhyun looked around at all the kids. Taehyung sat on his lap, leaning his head against his eomma's chest.

"Can we go swim?" Namjoo asked, looking at her parents.

Jongdae hesitated. "Sure," he finally said. "But you have to be ready for dinner when it's time."

Namjoo sent a bright smile to Jongdae. "Of course!" Then she jumped off the couch and took Hayoung's hand - after Hayoung had received a reassuring smile and nod from Sehun - and the two girls ran upstairs to change into bathing suits.

"Can I swim too, eomma?" Taehyung asked Baekhyun, and Baekhyun nodded with a smile.

"And me?" Changjo asked Taemin.

"Of course!" Taemin smiled at Changjo, and together Changjo and Taehyung ran to their room to change too.

"I actually want to swim too," Amber said after a while, and looked at Aron and Byunghun. "You want to?"

"Totally!" Aron said and Byunghun agreed.

"Chanhee?" Byunghun asked, looking at him.

"Okay," Chanhee nodded.

"Luna? Sohee?" Amber asked the two girls. They nodded and everyone turned to their parents, who all said yes. Then the kids went to their separate rooms, after agreeing to meet at the swimming pool after changing.

"Appa!" a little girl voice came from upstairs.

"That's probably me." Sehun said and stood up.

"Appa, help!" it came from upstairs again.

"Yeah yeah, I'm coming!" Sehun called back as he walked up the stairs.

"Papa!" the other little girl called and Kyungsoo stood up.

"Yeah?" he replied, but was already on his way upstairs.

"Come!"

The rest of the parents laughed at the cute little demanding kid of Kyungsoo and Jongdae.

"Don't you want to swim too, Junhong?" Taemin asked the little boy, who sat comfortable next to his baba.

"No." He shook his head and buried his face in Zitao's arm shyly.

"Why not?" Taemin asked kindly.

"I don't like it," he mumbled.

"Don't harass my child," Zitao said with a serious tone, but everyone knew he didn't mean anything harsh with it.

"What about you, Jonghyun? You love to swim," Jongdae said.

"I don't want to. Not right now," the boy replied.

"Then will you play with me?" Minki asked him, as he sat next to Jonghyun in the couch.

"Sure." Jonghyun smiled and Minki happily grinned back.

 

Now all the kids - including Ji Yong - were in the swimming pool, playing and splashing around. The small kids all wore water wings and were keeping in one end, as the older kids were playing more wildly at the other end: it was the adults telling them to split up into ends like that. Currently Yixing was in the middle of blowing up a beach ball that Aron had brought, so that the kids could play with that in the water, while Kyungsoo was blowing up another beach toy. It was Taehyung who had brought it and he had first asked his eomma to blow it up for him, but Baekhyun didn't want to and gave it to Jongdae instead, who gave it to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had no other choice than to just do it.

"Baba, we need the ball," Aron said from the water.

Yixing didn't answer, instead he just continued blowing up the beach ball. If they were the least bit intelligent, they would see that he was doing the best he could at blowing it up.

"Baba!" Aron called once again when Yixing didn't answer the first time. It didn't do much of a difference, so he called for his dad instead. "Dad! We need the ball."

"Don't you see your baba is doing the best he can to blow up the ball? You realize he could have just told you to do it yourself, but he didn't?" Yi Fan defended his husband, as his son seemed to be unfair.

Aron looked down, as he had swum to the end and was holding on to the edge of the swimming pool. "Sorry," he said. As much as he could, Yixing smiled at Yi Fan while blowing up the ball. Not even a minute later, Yixing was done and he threw the ball into the water. "Thank you, baba!" Aron said as he caught the beach ball.

"You're welcome."

Most of the parents sat on the terrace and just at that moment the patio door opened behind them. The sixteen year old brunette, Sandara, came out wearing a towel that revealed a pink bikini strap underneath.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kyungsoo looked up from his job of blowing up the beach toy.

"Um, to the swimming pool," she replied, clearly not having much patience left towards him.

"No, you're not," Kyungsoo said and stood up.

"Aunt Kyungsoo, are you finished with my beach toy?" Taehyung called.

"You can't tell me what to do," Sandara exclaimed at Kyungsoo.

"Uh, yes I can," Kyungsoo said.

"Aunt Kyungsoo!" Taehyung called again. Kyungsoo didn't answer, but instead just shoved the toy he had in his hand into Jongdae's, indicating he should take care of it.

"No, you can't! You're not my dad! You're not the boss of me. I don't have to listen to you!" Sandara said.

"Yes, you do. At least until your father gets back," Kyungsoo said firmly. "While your father is away, I'm in charge and you have to listen to me and do what I say. You're grounded and you know what for, this is not a vacation for you. This is a luxurious place, but there are limits regarding to you. Understand?"

Sandara scowled at him, but didn't say anything. Instead she turned away from him and sat down on a lounger. As Kyungsoo just kept looking at her, she turned and glared at him.

"Am I allowed?" she asked, rolling her eyes.

Kyungsoo was left slightly dumfounded. He hadn't actually expected her to listen to him. "Um, sure," he said. He didn't like being the bad cop. She turned away, putting her legs up on the chair, taking the towel off and lying down comfortably.

Kyungsoo sat back down on his own chair next to Jongdae, who looked at him with a smile.

"Hey, good job," he whispered and patted his back. "She actually listened to you."

Kyungsoo looked at him. "She actually did." He was still surprised himself. Jongdae smiled at him and shoved the beach toy at Kyungsoo, but Kyungsoo just shook his head, laying back in the comfortable chair. Jongdae pouted, but Kyungsoo didn't take his 'job' back, so he had to finish it himself.

Down by the swimming pool, Minseok was sitting by the edge, playing with Hayoung and Namjoo. He was throwing a little plastic cup to them - at lack of something else to throw - and they would swim after it by turn. It would float in the water and he was only throwing it softly, so they wouldn't have to get far away from the edge.

In another corner Taehyung and Changjo were playing. They were playing 'who can get the furthest under water'. This wasn't the greatest idea, but they were missing the beach toy and needed something to play, and both Minseok who was playing with the girls, and Jongin (told by Taemin), who was sitting on the grass by the pool, would keep a sharp eye on them, as they had taken off their water wings. Taemin, sitting on the terrace with the rest of the parents, would also keep an eye on them, being awfully concerned and making a twitch every time they went under water. But the two five year olds seemed to have it under control.

In the opposite end the older kids were playing with the ball, splashing and swimming around. They had formed two teams - the girls versus the boys - and they would try to get the ball from the other team and score in the opposite edge where the goalkeeper was. The goalkeeper for each team were Sohee and Chanhee, and Amber, Luna, Byunghun, Aron and Ji Yong would then have to get the ball and try to score. Meanwhile the score was 2-1 to the boys.

"Finally!" Jongdae exclaimed with a huff. He held the beach toy slightly away from his body, looking at it satisfied. "I'm done."

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes and looked at him. "You know, I did most of it. You're not allowed to be that proud of yourself."

"Yeah, you both did a good job." Baekhyun stood from his chair, pretending a stretch. Then he quickly took the toy from Jongdae's hand, running to the pool. "Boys, it's done!"

Taehyung and Changjo both looked up from the water and smiled.

"Thanks, eomma!" Taehyung said and took the toy from Baekhyun's outstretched arm. Baekhyun smiled and walked back to Jongdae and Kyungsoo with a satisfied look.

"You took the credit!" Jongdae stood up. Kyungsoo sat with his mouth open.

"Of course he did!" Kyungsoo shook his head.

Baekhyun stuck out his tongue. "Of course I did."

Meanwhile Zitao and Sehun were playing with Minki, Jonghyun and Junhong. They were playing tag on the lawn and every time one would seem to get caught, the kids would laugh out loud. Mostly it was the adults who were it, mainly because the kids found it funnier to run away from them rather than after them.

And when the clock was thirty minutes to six, they heard the car by the front door. Taeyeon, Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Yi Fan went inside to greet them and help carry the things in doors. While they did that, Minseok, Baekhyun and Taemin helped the four small kids up from the pool so they could dry. The older kids didn't need as much time to get ready, so they let them stay in the water a little longer. Sehun and Zitao were tired and lay on the grass, while Minki, Jonghyun and Junhong played by themselves.

As Taemin and Baekhyun helped Hayoung, Namjoo, Taehyung and Changjo put dry clothes on - though they didn't need much help - Minseok went to the kitchen, helping Taeyeon, Kyungsoo and Jongdae with the dinner.

 


A/N: I hope you liked this chapter! If you did, please comment and subscribe. I always get happy when people subscribe, thank you for doing so ^_^ Also, I would be glad to know your thoughts, so please don't be shy to comment~

And as always: thank you for reading :) Many cuter moments to come~ ;)