Chapter 33

How I Met Your Appa

                          

    Byunghun (L.Joe from Teen Top) everybody!             And Byunghun and Changjo's brotherhood. Younger brother Changjo teasing older brother Byunghun

 


 

Chapter 33

They arrived at the island an hour later. It was a beautiful island with grass areas, trees and old buildings. By the harbor there were a couple of cafes and shops, including some benches they could sit on while eating lunch. It wasn't lunch time yet, though, and they began a walk around the island to look at the incredible surroundings.

"Are you feeling okay again, Aron?" Yixing asked his son with a pat on his head. Aron nodded. They had been standing still for a few minutes, which worked perfectly for the boy's benefit, as he was a bit dizzy when they came to solid grounds again.

"How about you, Taeminnie?" Jongin asked Taemin, as the couple walked with Yixing and Aron. He turned to Yixing for explaining. "He was seasick too, for the whole trip."

"Jongin, didn't I tell you that I didn't like them to worry about me?" Taemin said, shrugging Jongin's arm off his shoulder. Jongin furrowed his eyebrows.

"No, you just told me you didn't want them to see you like that," he told honestly, clearly not taking the hint. Taemin rolled his eyes.

"I'm fine, thanks," he answered the previous question through gritted teeth. Then he walked off, moving faster to the front and leaving the others behind. Jongin stood back, dumbfounded with furrowed eyebrows.

"What did I say?" he mumbled, looking after his husband.

Three parents walked behind everyone else, talking and looking at their kids in front.

"I really don't know what to do with Amber," Joonmyun stated. The other two looked at him. "She always argues with me. I don't know if it's me who has done something wrong?" He looked at the others for help.

"Don't worry, Joonmyun," Minseok said with a sigh, showing his empathy being a parent. "Ji Yong never listens to me either. But I don't think it's our fault. It's just a phase, I hope. Many kids go through this."

They looked at Yi Fan, expecting him to share his troubles as well. But he only shrugged nonchalantly.

"Aron's actually not a big problem for me and Yixing. He does what we tell him to. He's a good kid," he said.

"You make it sound like me and Minseok hyung don't like our kids!" the two immediately were in defense, feeling offended.

"Yeah, jeez, Yi Fan! We love our kids, too! They are not a problem either!"

Yi Fan raised his arms, turning to surrender. "That's not what I meant!" he exclaimed. "I was just saying that not every kid goes through that phase. Well, I hope they don't. Aron doesn't argue like Amber, and he listens to us in contrast to Ji Yong. But we have our quarrels with him, too. If only you would have let me finish," he sighed, shaking his head. Minseok and Joonmyun looked guilty, but only for a second.

"But you're still indicating that your kid is better than ours..." Joonmyun mumbled. Yi Fan rolled his eyes.

"Stop, Joonmyun. I love my nieces and nephews."

Ji Yong walked a little further ahead with his sister and brother, Amber, Luna and Byunghun. They weren't talking much, since they were silently glooming over the fact they had to walk for a while, before their parents allowed them to eat lunch. A few silent growls were heard from their stomachs.

Amber groaned. "Ugh! I'm so hungry! Why can't we just walk after eating? Then we'll have more energy, too."

"Because," Ji Yong said with fake solemnly. "It's so interesting to see the beautiful nature and old buildings of this little tiny stupid island." He couldn't keep up his mask to end his sentence. Amber snorted.

"Well, I don't know about your parents, Amber, but ours love taking long walks, experiencing our surroundings and the world," Sohee said and Chanhee nodded agreeing. Amber sighed.

"My uncle and aunt don't go for walks very often..." Luna featured to the conversation. "I think they get tired easily." They all laughed quietly, too hungry to really give a reaction.

"Then how long do you think we'll have to walk?" Amber asked. Sohee shrugged.

"Why aren't you saying anything, Byunghun? Do your parents like walking, too? Or are you just tired?" Luna asked Byunghun who was walking beside them in silence. They all looked at him. He merely shrugged; he hadn't fully recovered from the ship yet, to be honest, and he wasn't even sure if he could eat anything when they were going to.

"Are you okay?" Chanhee asked him, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder. Byunghun just nodded and gave him a smile of reassurance.

"I'm fine," he said. "My parents like the nature and stuff, but because of Changjo we haven't really taken long walks."

"It's not my fault!" Suddenly Changjo, Jonghyun and Taehyung came up to them. Changjo looked offended up at his older brother.

"Yeah it is; you're small and have short legs. You get tired easily," Byunghun said, the others by his side giggled. Changjo just crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well, you're short too. You have small legs," he said with a pout. Byunghun made a face at him and the others laughed. Changjo just stuck out his tongue at him and ran away with Taehyung and Jonghyun.

"Should we?" Byunghun hesitated, looking towards his younger brother and younger cousins running further away from them, before he looked at the others who walked next to him.

"Let's!" Ji Yong said, and together the six cousins ran after the smaller kids. Changjo, Taehyung and Jonghyun soon noticed and tried taking up pace.

"I want to play too!" Namjoo exclaimed when they all ran past her and Hayoung, and the two girls began running after their older cousins.

"Why are they running?" Minki wondered, who had been walking in the front with Sandara and Junhong.

"I don't know," Sandara answered.

"I want to run too," Junhong stated, tugging Sandara's hand which he held.

"Me too," Minki said. "Come on!" He started running and Junhong followed behind, though their cousins were already further ahead and their short legs didn't move them very fast.

Sandara stayed behind, slightly grinning at the adorable sight of the young kids running after each other.

"What are they running for?" Baekhyun laughed. He and Jongdae walked together.

"I don't know, but it looks like they're running from the devil!" Jongdae laughed too.

"It's so cute to watch them run like that, isn't it?" Sandara laughed as she walked over to them.

"It's adorable!" Jongdae agreed.

"Their small legs are just moving so fast, like tiny engines!" Baekhyun made running motions with his hand, making both Sandara and Jongdae laugh.

"It's like their legs are on fire, but they don't come very far!" Jongdae grinned.

"Are you guys making fun of our kids?" Kyungsoo came warningly up to their side with Chanyeol.

"No, they're adorable!" Sandara said with a smile.

"Don't make fun of our kid," Chanyeol said, giving Baekhyun a light smack on his shoulder. Baekhyun looked hurt, and he opened his mouth to object.

"I'm not!" he exclaimed. Then he turned to Kyungsoo accusingly. "Why are you stealing my husband? You're making him evil!" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"It's not him who's making me evil. It's you, Baek," Chanyeol said. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow at him in question and surprise. "Why would you tell our son to lie?" Baekhyun's lips became thin as a line and he tried avoiding Chanyeol's gaze. Jongdae grinned at Baekhyun's expression.

"Jongdae, can I speak with you for a sec?" Kyungsoo asked, and immediately Jongdae's grinning expression turned fearful. He wasn't sure of what to expect, but he was definitely sure that it wasn't anything good, judging by Kyungsoo's tone. Jongdae nodded his head and stepped together with Kyungsoo a little away from the other couple.

"I'm just going to..." Sandara began, motioning to the side as she felt the uncomfortable tension between the remaining couple. She stepped a little back, walking with her uncle Yixing and uncle Jongin instead.

"Baek, why did you tell Taehyung not to tell me the truth?" Chanyeol asked when Sandara had left them alone.

Baekhyun looked like he was in an inner battle with himself, until he asked suspicious, "Did Kyungsoo tell you?"

"No, I saw for myself what happened on the ship," Chanyeol answered. "I asked Taehyung why he had run and what his eomma had told him, and he said he didn't know anyone of that name. Then he ran away." Baekhyun giggled a bit by his son's action. "Baek, he lied to me. Why did you tell him to lie?"

Baekhyun thought and looked at the ground while they walked. "I don't know," he admitted. "I didn't ask him to lie, Chanyeol, I just told him that you didn't need to know what had happened." He looked into Chanyeol's eyes. "I'm being honest."

"But why, Baek?"

Baekhyun sighed. "I just didn't want you to worry, Yeol. You were stressing because we were on a ship, and more cautious than usual..."

"Yeah, because we were on a ship, Baekhyun! I didn't know whether Taehyung knew the danger of that or not."

"I was worried too, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun said, and looked into his eyes again. "But I didn't want my kids to feel like they would have to be afraid of the world! It's bad enough that Luna's slightly uncomfortable in a car, but if Taehyung was afraid of ships... I didn't want that. But the reason I told Taehyung not to tell you, was because..." He looked at the ground, slightly embarrassed. "Sometimes I feel like you're a better parent than I am..."

Chanyeol looked shocked. "What? Really?" Baekhyun nodded silently. "Baekhyun, that's crazy!" He laughed, and Baekhyun looked at him with pursed lips looking slightly offended of being called crazy. Chanyeol cleared his throat." Listen, Baek." He took Baekhyun's hand in his while they were walking and Baekhyun looked down at it. "You're a great parent. You're funny and kind, and you may not be the most serious person all the time... but that's what I love about you." Baekhyun looked up at him with a small smile. "And that's what our kids love about you as well... among other things of course!" Baekhyun grinned. "And I know you're being just as worried as I am, under all that goofiness of yours." He kissed Baekhyun's hand and Baekhyun slightly blushed. "But I think it's great if my kids grow up being fearless and strong like you."

Baekhyun blushed again and looked embarrassed but flattered at the ground, before turning his gaze at Chanyeol again. "And I think it's great if they know how to respect the world, like you do." He intertwined his fingers with Chanyeol's, and they kissed shortly while walking.

By their side, a few meters away from them so they couldn't hear each other's conversation, Jongdae and Kyungsoo were walking.

Jongdae waited impatiently for Kyungsoo to tell him what he wanted to talk about. Kyungsoo took a deep breath.

"I just want to apologize for earlier..." Kyungsoo said and Jongdae widened his eyes a bit.

"For what?" he asked, as if he didn't know. Kyungsoo turned a glare towards him.

"For slightly overreacting, calling you a kid..."

Jongdae laughed. "But I am a kid!"

"You're not, and I know that." Kyungsoo sighed and stared at the ground in front of him. "I don't know why I became mad earlier... I'm sorry."

"Hey," Jongdae said and made him look at him. "Don't apologize. If anyone, it's me who should. I'm sorry, Kyungsoo, for acting like a kid. I don't know why I was being like that. I'm sorry for not taking it more seriously and for giving you all the responsibility over the kids."

Kyungsoo slightly smiled. "It's okay, Jongdae. I'm pretty much used to it."

"And that's exactly why I should apologize! I'm sorry, Kyungsoo. It's always you who do the hard work while I just play around, being a kid. It's not okay!"

Kyungsoo looked at him surprised. "Jongdae, you don't have to apologize, I didn't mean anything with what I just said. I am used to it, but that doesn't mean I hate it. Jongdae, I love you for being who you are. Sure I could use some help once in a while with the kids and I don't like being the bad cop all the time. But you have your moments too. It's just who we are."

Jongdae stopped, making Kyungsoo stop in his tracks too, turning around to look at him.

"Kyungsoo, don't pretend you're okay with this," Jongdae said seriously.

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows and didn't know whether to laugh or yell. "What are you talking about?" he said with a slight grin. "Okay with what? Jongdae... listen to me: I love taking care of the kids. I've always done it; remember how it was like in EXO? You guys could drive me crazy at times, but I handled it. You were a bunch of kids sometimes." He laughed. "But you take care of the kids too and they love you! You are serious when necessary, and can play too. We are a team with the kids, Jongdae. It's just how it is. We have equal responsibility. I love my job as a parent, Jongdae. And I know you do too." He ended his speech, waiting for Jongdae to process his words.

Jongdae breathed in, looking at his husband. "Are you sure? You don't want anything to change?"

Kyungsoo smiled. Then he nodded his head. "Everything is perfect the way it is." Jongdae smiled relieved and put his arms around him, pulling him into a hug. "Just do what I ask you to, when I need help, okay?"

Jongdae smiled and kissed Kyungsoo's forehead. "Always," he whispered, before letting go of him and taking his hand as they started walking after the others again.

Some minutes later they called for the kids to come back, starting to return to the main harbor to buy lunch at the cafes. Everyone was really hungry, especially the kids who were being extremely noisy, playing and talking as they came to the benches.

"Oh my gosh!" Somebody exclaimed with a girlish squeal, making some of the parents jump in surprise. "What are you doing here?!"

In the next moment Changjo was almost being hugged to death by a slender, delicate looking man.

 


 

A/N: Good evening, guys! I hope you all had a nice weekend!

So, they are on the island now! And someone is coming!! Who could it be? >//< keke "slender, delicate looking man"?!! O_o

Yeah, some people aren't really in this chapter... Everyone can't be in focus in each chapter, so... There's just so many people T^T

As always, Thank you so much for reading! Thank you so so much for subscribing and commenting, too! You make me so happy ^_^   <3<3

I hope you'll have a nice week!