Chapter 28

How I Met Your Appa

Sleepy Ji Yong~

 


 

Chapter 28

"Wake up, guys," Jongdae called in the room in an attempt to wake up the young boys. He stepped closer to the beds and gently shook Jonghyun's leg. "Wakie wakie!"

"Mmh," Jonghyun groaned and just rolled onto his stomach.

"I know you're tired, but it's time to wake up," Jongdae sang, as he was a man fond of the morning sun. He went to the bunk bed to his left and grabbed Minki's leg. "Wake up, you guys." Minki almost kicked his face in his attempt at shaking Jongdae's hand off of him. Instead Jongdae managed to dodge and went for the top bunk, patting Changjo's leg. "Changjo, wake up," he sang and finally, with the third child, his wish came true: Changjo opened his eyes sleepily and looked at his uncle. Jongdae smiled. "Good morning."

Then Jongdae went to the other bunk bed where he playfully tickled Junhong's feet, which unfortunately for Junhong had found its way out of the blanket. Junhong laughed and opened his eyes.

After that success he went for the boy in the top bunk bed. "Taehyung, wake up!" But Taehyung just shook his whole body, rolling onto his side with his front facing the wall.

Jongdae sighed upon the hard work of waking young boys. He patted his son's back and received a grunt in return.

"Jonghyun, sweetie," he said and Jonghyun finally turned around and looked up at his appa groggily. Jongdae smiled. "Good morning!"

"Now," he began again and straightened himself up. "Taehyung, Minki, you need to wake up too; it's morning."

Changjo sat up in his bed and started climbing down with the help of Jongdae. Then he and Junhong followed each other out of the room, probably to greet their parents a 'good morning'.

"Jonghyun, why don't you go wake up papa? He seemed very tired, I'm sure he'd be delighted to be woken up by a sweet boy like you." Jongdae smiled and Jonghyun groaned before climbing out of the bed and dragging himself out of the room. Kyungsoo was only half asleep, as Jongdae had awakened him before. He knew Kyungsoo wasn't a morning person, but he couldn't get mad at their child - even though he had grunted angrily at Jongdae.

"The sooner you wake up, the sooner there's breakfast," Jongdae announced in the room for the two remaining boys. Minki twitched in his bed and after a moment he sat up, heavy eyelids but somewhat awake. Taehyung also made some movements, before sitting up and slowly slipping down from the top bunk - with the help of Jongdae's quick reflexes, as the boy had seemed like he was ready to fall over the edge. Jongdae smiled at his own success when both boys slowly made their ways out of the bedroom.

Jongdae himself made his way to the room he had been in before; he had to make sure his squishy Kyungsoo hadn't killed their only son.

He opened the door and saw the two bodies curled up in the bed, blankets covering them and sleeping. Jongdae sighed and shook his head as he walked closer.

"Good morning," he sang and shook Jonghyun's and Kyungsoo's legs. Neither forms reacted.

"It's time to wake up!" he said, using more drastic methods as he pulled the blankets off them.

"Go away," Kyungsoo mumbled, and Jongdae knew that he would have sounded a lot more hateful if his son hadn't been lying next to him.

"Nope, not going to happen!" Jongdae grinned. He turned to his son. "Jonghyunnie, baby, you need to wake up. There's breakfast soon."

Jonghyun moved a bit, turning around to face his appa as he opened his eyes. He seemed to hesitate, thinking about what to do, before sitting up. He seemed a little tired, but not as dead as any of the other not-morning people had seemed. Jonghyun smiled as his appa did the same, and the boy patted his papa's back.

"Papa, you have to wake up. Appa's here. Appa told me to wake you," he said.

"Okay, sure thing, my boy," Kyungsoo mumbled, but didn't open his eyes.

Jongdae nodded at his son before Jonghyun went out of the room to get into his clothes.

"Babe," Jongdae sang and sat down on the edge next to Kyungsoo. He patted his head. "Wake up. You can't act like this when we're all on vacation together."

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and glared at him, making Jongdae twitch. "Act like what?" he growled.

Jongdae swallowed and cleared his throat. "I mean, you need to wake up. It's morning!" he said happily yet nervously, as he changed the subject instead of answering Kyungsoo's question. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at him.

"Fine, I'll wake up," he said and Jongdae smiled. Kyungsoo sat up and swung his legs off the edge, placing his feet on the floor. His husband leaned in and kissed his lips, but Kyungsoo pushed him away.

"Your breath..." he breathed and stood up, walking past a dazzled and dumbfound Jongdae.

 

In another room Sehun was standing in the middle of two beds, trying to wake up the young girls. He himself had been in the middle of putting on a shirt, when his son and Changjo came inside the room to wake him up. Zitao had slumbered in the bed, sometimes opening an eye to look at him, but when the kids came in, they made sure he wouldn't go back to sleep as they had begun to jump on the bed.

"Hayoung, Namjoo, it's time to get up," Sehun said, looking from one to another. Nobody moved. He went to his own daughter, tapping and gently shaking her shoulder.

"Good morning, sweetie," he whispered and she opened one eye and gave him a smile.

"Good morning," she mumbled and yawned. Sehun kissed her forehead and went to the other bed where Namjoo was lying with her back facing him.

"Namjoo, you need to get up as well." He patted her head, but the girl just hid under the blanket. Sehun smiled as she had just made it obvious that she was in fact awake. He slowly reached for the blanket, his fingers stretched, and started tickling the covers. Somebody moved and laughed under it.

"Uncle Sehun!" she laughed and soon the blanket was kicked off, and Sehun just continued tickling the girl. From the other bed Hayoung was watching and laughing with her cousin and appa.

 

Changjo and Junhong pushed the door open and peeked inside: the two older men were cuddling as they lay in the queen sized bed. They were asleep, their eyes were closed, but they were hugging with their faces towards each other. Changjo quietly closed the door behind them, before they sneaked on tiptoes towards the bed.

Changjo put his finger to his lips, indicating they had to be quiet, when they stood on each their side of the bed: Changjo on the side where Jongin lay and Junhong on Taemin's side. Then Changjo counted to three, and on the count of three they both climbed onto the bed and started jumping around. Jongin and Taemin both immediately opened their eyes by the bouncing of the bed. They noticed the two boys and smiled; first to each other and then to the kids. But then both of them put on a sneaky facial expression, as they took a hold of each boy by their legs, pulling them to the mattress and started tickling the laughing kids.

After five minutes of intense tickling, and the kids almost cried and peed of laughter, the parents decided to get defeated: Taemin and Jongin brought themselves onto their backs, lying down on the bed, and pretended that it was all due to the boys' strong arms and genius movements, while they started whining and let themselves be hovered over by the boys.

"Oh no, you've got me!" Taemin cried out as Junhong sat on top of him with a big grin, his tiny fists banging on Taemin's chest.

"Taeminnie, I think our boy is too strong for our own good!" Jongin exclaimed from the other side of the bed, and Changjo flexed his arms, sitting on his appa's stomach. "He only had one shot, and now I'm lying pinned to the bed!"

"I know!" Taemin called back. "These boys are too strong! I can't get out!" Changjo and Junhong grinned to each other.

"We'll never let you go," Changjo laughed evilly and punched his appa's chest with a light fist.

"Nooo!" Jongin cried. Then he looked to his side and met Taemin's eyes. "Should we get our secret weapon?" He winked and Taemin smirked.

"We'd better, Jongin; I think that's our only chance," he said. Changjo and Junhong looked nervously from one to another.

"What's your secret weapon?" Junhong asked, but both Taemin and Jongin just grinned.

"If we told you, it wouldn't be a secret, now would it?" Jongin asked.

"I guess not." Junhong shrugged with a small pout.

"But what is it?" Changjo asked curiously. Jongin smirked; he'd gotten the boys' attention.

"Well," he began. "When we bring it, you won't stand a chance." Changjo and Junhong looked nervously at each other. "I'll count to three." Jongin shrugged.

"I suggest you run before he's done. Or else," Taemin helped. "Well, let's just say it won't be pleasant."

"One..."

Changjo and Junhong hesitated and looked at each other with big frightened eyes. They were curious, but...

"Two..."

They decided they couldn't risk it and both of them jumped off the bed and ran out of the room, before Jongin could count to three. Back in the bed Jongin and Taemin laughed, happy they had gotten success. They didn't really have a secret weapon, they would probably just have ended up tickling them or something like that, so Jongin was happy his plan had worked out for their benefit.

 

"Sohee, will you please go in and wake your brother, Aron and Byunghun?" Minseok asked the girl when they met in the hallway upstairs. Sohee sighed and hung her shoulders low, but did it anyways without quarrels. She was ready anyways, had put on clothes and everything, and as she was a morning person, she had gotten up from her bed easily.

She didn't knock on the door, because she knew her brother and cousins liked to sleep in, so chance that they were in the middle of getting dressed or something was pretty low.

"You need to get up, it's morning," Sohee announced into the room, but got no response at all, so she had to get inside. She looked around and noticed that Aron wasn't even there. Strange, she thought, but shook it off. He was probably just downstairs.

Sohee walked to her brother and shook his back.

"Chanhee, wake up," she said, but the boy just shook her hand off. She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yes!" she said and took the pillow from Aron's bed. She hesitated only shortly, before slamming the pillow onto the back of Chanhee's head.

Chanhee grunted and turned his head to glare at his sister.

"What are you doing?" he said angrily by the way she had woken him up. Sohee just stood with her hands covering , surprised she'd actually hit him with the pillow. Though a smile and a soft laugh escaped her lips.

"Don't laugh!" Chanhee exclaimed and threw the pillow back at her. She stuck her tongue out at him and avoided the pillow with ease. Then she her heel and walked towards the door.

"Appa said you need to wake up now," she called over her shoulder to him. "And wake Byunghun, too." Then she closed the door behind her and Chanhee buried his face in his pillow.

 

"Ji Yong, it's morning," Minseok called into the room, as he peeked his head inside. He got no response, so he walked inside towards the bed. "Ji Yong, sweetie, wake up." He put his hand on Ji Yong's back - as the boy almost never wore shirts to bed - and shook him gently.

"Go away," Ji Yong mumbled sleepily. Minseok furrowed his eyebrows and walked out of the room. Now there was no need to play nice. He knew that the boy could be really difficult to wake up, but he had figured he'd better put his nice mask on as they were on vacation and there was no reason to get angry. But now that the boy had rejected him he figured, "why not?"

 

The door to Ji Yong's room got opened again ten minutes later by a child's hand. Yes, Minseok had put the task onto a child. Well, more specifically four children: Changjo, Junhong, Hayoung and Namjoo.

"Oppa," Hayoung put her hand on Ji Yong's arm, shaking it softly. Ji Yong didn't react.

"Oppa!" Namjoo called louder and Ji Yong squinted his eyes open and turned his head. When he noticed the four kids standing there, glaring and smiling at him, he turned his head away with a groan.

"Ji Yong hyung, uncle Minseok says it's time to wake up," Changjo told and shook Ji Yong's leg that was covered under the blanket.

"Oppa, wake up!" Namjoo yelled, being very loud with her high pitched child voice. Ji Yong covered his ears with his hands.

"Ji Yong oppa, please," Hayoung begged.

"Uncle Minseok said that you can't have breakfast if you don't wake up, hyung," Junhong told. Ji Yong didn't say anything.

"Dum di dum," Namjoo sang as she started tapping Ji Yong's body with her finger. The other kids seemed to catch up on her way of doing and started tapping him, too.

Finally Ji Yong opened his eyes again and blinked at the four staring faces. He groaned. The kids stopped tapping him and instead sent him their innocent smiles. Ji Yong grunted but couldn't help but smile as well.

"Fine," he said and sat up in his bed under the cheers of the kids. Ji Yong giggled and the kids retreated so he could get dressed. Instead the kids took up their other task: to wake up Sandara.

"Sandara unnie!" Hayoung sang immediately when they stepped inside the room. Sandara slept peacefully with her tank top and shorts on a bed standing in the corner. Her bags and clothes were left all over the floor.

"Sandara noona." Junhong tapped her shoulder. "Wake up please." Sandara grunted in her sleep and opened her eyes slowly. Then she smiled, seeing the small kids.

"Good morning," she said.

The kids grinned, happy that this task had been more easy and already done.

"We were sent to wake you up," Namjoo said and climbed up her bed, sitting on the edge.

"Oh were you?" Sandara said, her eyelids seeming heavy, but she smiled. "Well, I'm awake now. You did your job." She patted Namjoo's head and Namjoo smiled proudly.

"Uncle Minseok said that if you don't get up, you won't have breakfast," Changjo said.

"I can just make my own breakfast," Sandara argued gently.

Changjo thought about this; that didn't seem to have come to his mind.

"But then you wouldn't be eating with us," Junhong said and Sandara smiled at the cute boy.

"That's true. And I wouldn't want to miss out on that," she said.

"Good!" Hayoung grinned. "I'll find you clothes." She began to walk across the room, aiming for Sandara's bag.

"Oh no, that's alright!" Sandara quickly called, before the little girl managed to mess around in her bag. "I'll find it myself. Thank you."

The kids nodded and walked out of the room, leaving Sandara to herself.

 

"Good morning," Chanyeol greeted with a smile when he came inside the living room from his bedroom. He looked around the room at all the younger kids sitting around the table waiting for breakfast. He walked into the kitchen. "Where's Taehyung? Is he sleeping?" he asked the two people there: Jongdae and Lu Han. Taehyung had in fact been the only younger child to not be sitting by the table.

"Good morning to you, too," Jongdae said from the counter, at the abruptly questions from the morning, not even receiving a 'good morning'.

Chanyeol forced a smile. "Good morning," he said.

Jongdae smiled widely and turned his head to look at him. "Good morning!"

Chanyeol raised his eyebrow, waiting for an answer.

"And no," Jongdae retreated to his work. "I woke him up. He's not sleeping."

"Then where is he?" Chanyeol asked.

"I don't know," Jongdae answered. "Probably with the other kids."

"The other kids are sitting around the table," Lu Han informed him, as he'd absentmindedly listened to their conversation.

"Really?" Jongdae asked surprised. "And Taehyung's not there?"

"No, that's what I'm saying!" Chanyeol said.

"Oh," Jongdae just said. "Then I don't know. He's definitely not sleeping though."

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and walked out of the kitchen.

"Hi," Kyungsoo said with a smile as he walked past him.

"Have you seen Taehyung?" Chanyeol asked him.

"No, he's probably just somewhere in the house," Kyungsoo said, heading for the kitchen.

"Thanks for the help," Chanyeol said sarcastically and Kyungsoo looked after him confused. Chanyeol just headed for the boys' bedroom.

He opened the door and looked inside, but no sign of him was there. From the room to his right, Zitao walked out.

"Oh good morning," Zitao said friendly.

"Good morning, have you seen Taehyung?" Chanyeol asked.

"Um, no, I've been..." Zitao started, pointing at his bedroom.

"Okay, thanks!" Chanyeol hurried on, looking inside the other rooms. When he got to Jongdae and Kyungsoo's room, he saw a bump on the bed.

"Taehyung?" he said and lifted up the blanket; the boy was curled up, hugging one of the pillows and half asleep. Chanyeol sighed of relief and gently shook Taehyung awake.

When they came back into the living room, the breakfast was ready and Jongdae smiled at them.

"So where was he?" he asked.

"In your room. Asleep," Chanyeol answered, sitting down on a chair. Jongdae just stared at him dumfounded.

 


 

A/N: Good evening, guys! This was the next chapter in my story ^_^ How did you like it?

Also, I feel like I need to explain myself. I found Chanyeol being pretty angry when he walked into the kitchen and asked around for Taehyung... It was because he was being paranoid; afterall he and Baekhyun have "lost" Taehyung at least three times... so naturally he would be a bit on edge... But luckily Taehyung was just asleep, keke ^_^

As always thank you so much for reading and commenting and subscribing! It makes me smile so much whenever I see a notification ^_^

Until next time <3