Chapter 6

How I Met Your Appa

Chapter six

"Appa, will you please tell us a story?" Sohee asked, as they sat by the dining table the next day.

Minseok looked around at the others to look at their reactions. "If it's okay with everyone?" Minseok looked at Luhan who nodded, then at Chanhee who smiled and lastly at Ji Yong. "Is it okay with you too, Ji Yong?" he asked his son.

"Sure," Ji Yong nodded.

"Okay..." he began.

 

After debut we had a lot of interviews and promotions; both in Korea and China. Me and baba were in China together with the rest of EXO M, while the others had activities in Korea. As you know we had debut in 2012, so this was during our Mama era. This day we were at an interview.

"I've heard something about none of you being at auditions to become a trainee. So how did you all become a part of EXO?" the male interviewer asked the EXO M members, as the cameras and lights were on them.

"Actually four of us in EXO M were at auditions," Kris answered in Chinese.

"Oh?" the interviewer said and looked around at the others. "So who were at auditions?"

"Me, Chen, Lay and Tao," Kris answered on behalf of the band, while pointing at the three mentioned members.

"I was at auditions here in China," Lay said.

"Me too," Tao said.

"It was a global casting and I was at auditions back in Vancouver," Kris explained.

The interviewer nodded interested. "And what about you Chen-shi?" He looked at Chen.

"I was at audition in Korea," he said with Korean accent. The interviewer nodded again. Then he looked at Luhan.

"How did you become a trainee, Luhan-shi?"

"I was shopping with my friends in Myeongdon when I was discovered. And then I came into SM entertainment after auditioning," Luhan replied.

"And what about you, Xiumin-ah?" the interviewer asked Xiumin.

"I won 2. place in a SM competition," Xiumin said, too with a Korean accent. The interviewer nodded interested.

"I've also heard something about your debut song being special? Your concept is different?"

"Mama?" Luhan said.

"Yes, our concept is that we come from EXO Planet. All of us have different powers. Both in M and K," Kris explained.

"And what are your powers then?"

"I can fly," Kris said.

"Can you show us?"

"Maybe next time," Kris said with a smile.

"And you?" The interviewer looked around at the others, anticipating.

"My power is telekinesis," Luhan said.

"I can heal," Lay said. "And my symbol is a unicorn."

"Oh really?"

Lay nodded.

"Maybe you can heal me? My back hurts so much," the interviewer said with a glint in his eyes.

Lay giggled, looking as if he didn't know what to say.

"It's alright," the interviewer said with a friendly smile, showing that Lay didn't have to do anything. Then he looked at Tao. "What power do you have, Tao-shi?"

"I can control the time."

"Exciting. And for our Korean friends?"

"My power is frost," Xiumin said with a little embarrassed smile.

"My symbol is a scorpion and my power is lightning," Chen said, also with an embarrassed and shy smile.

The interview continued for about half an hour, and after that they went back to their dorm. They had some free hours before their next interview, and each of them decided on different things to do. Tao, Kris and Lay immediately went to their own rooms to sleep, while Xiumin sat in the couch to read a book. Luhan went to his room, finding pen and paper so he could write a letter to one of his friends from the other group: Sehun. The two had become close friends, maybe due to their passion about bubble tea, and weirdly enough the interviewers often knew about that; the interviewer that day had asked about their relationship too and asked Luhan to give Sehun a video message. Weird, Luhan thought.

As he sat down by his desk, he soon realized he needed some help with Korean words. He stood up and went to the living room to find Xiumin.

"Umin-hyung?" Luhan said and Xiumin looked at him.

"Why do you call me hyung? You don't need to call me hyung," Xiumin wondered. Then he furrowed his eyebrows. "What do you want?"

"How do you say 'hooking up' in Korean?"

"Why do you want to know that?"

"I'm writing a letter to Sehunnie," Luhan said. Xiumin looked questioningly at him.

"And you need the phrase 'hooking up' because...?"

"I'm asking if he and Kai is still hooking up. And I also need another word to ask if Kai is still heartbroken."

"I'm not helping you with that." Xiumin turned to look in his book again.

"Why not?" Luhan whined. "Please, Umin-hyung! Baozi!"

"No, I don't think we should intrude in their relationship. And I don't think you two should be gossiping about Kai either," Xiumin said. "And stop calling me hyung!"

Luhan pouted. "Fine! I'll go ask Chen then." He walked to Chen's room and knocked on the door. Chen was sitting in his bed monitoring videos, and luckily for Luhan, Chen was more than happy to help him with the Korean words: actually he was really excited himself to know the answers to the questions, and Luhan wondered why he hadn't just walked to Chen in the first place.

 

"Was uncle Jongin heartbroken?" She looked sad. "Why?"

"Because he and uncle Taemin had broken up - before debut though - but the breakup had been quite rough on him."

"But they're together now," Chanhee stated and Minseok just nodded though it wasn't a question.

"But why did they break up?" Ji Yong questioned. "And why was uncle Jongin together with uncle Sehun, if he was heartbroken over uncle Taemin? And did uncle Jongin and uncle Taemin become boyfriends again right after uncle Sehun and him were together? And when were uncle Sehun and uncle Jongin even a couple?"

Lu Han and Minseok looked at each other. Then Lu Han said: "A lot of those questions, we can't give you an answer to."

"Why not?"

"We don't know them..."

"Can we ask them?"

Lu Han and Minseok looked at each other once again. "Sure. We were actually thinking about inviting them all over in the coming weekend. How does that sound?"

The three children beamed.

 

When the three children lay in their beds, Minseok and Lu Han made the phone calls, hearing if their friends could come this weekend.

"Okay, we will gladly do that for you. I can pick them up around twelve o'clock." Minseok said, talking on his cell phone. "We'll just see you another time. Bye, and good luck!" He hang up the phone, just as Lu Han did the same.

"What did he say?" Minseok asked Lu Han, who had been speaking with Sehun.

"He and Zitao can come, and so can the kids," he answered. "What about Joonmyun?"

"He and Taeyeon are busy, but he said he was very happy that I called. He said he has an important meeting and neither he nor Taeyeon can look after the kids, so he asked if we could pick them up. Of course I said yes." Lu Han nodded.

"Should I call Yixing and then you'll call Jongin?" Lu Han said. Minseok nodded and found the number on his phone.

"I don't think Lay and them can make it, but it would be rude not to include them," Lu Han said, as he placed his phone on his ear. "Hello? Yixing? It's Lu Han!" He then started speaking Chinese and Minseok had gotten Jongin on the phone. As Minseok hung up the phone some minutes later, Lu Han was still eagerly talking Chinese with Yixing. He shook his head and called up Jongdae. As Jongdae didn't answer his phone, he called Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo? It's Minseok." Kyungsoo had immediately picked up his phone. "How are you? We were wondering if you, Jongdae and the kids would come home to us this weekend?"

Finally, Lu Han hung up his phone with a big smile on his face after talking with his good friend who he hadn't seen for a while. He managed to figure out who Minseok was talking to, so he decided to call the last person: Baekhyun.

When the two were finally done with their phone calls, they catched up with what the other had found out.

"Baekhyun, Taehyung and Luna can come, but Chanyeol apparently has an important presentation of a song, so he can't come. Yixing and Yi Fan would have loved to come, but they're obviously still in China. But they miss us and would like to do something together soon," Lu Han told, and then waited for Minseok to tell about his phone calls.

"Jongin and Taemin are not available, as they are going to Taemin's parents. And Kyungsoo and Jongdae would love to come with the kids."

"Sounds good. We should tell the kids tomorrow," Lu Han said. "Should we go to bed now?" He smirked. Minseok smiled lovingly at him and they got ready for bed.

As they lay in their bed together with their arms around each other, they were silently talking about the day and the weekend to come. They were also talking about the story they were telling their kids and laughed quietly at the thought of how their friends would take it, when their kids were going to harass them with questions. They were especially looking forward to Jongdae's answer about his and Minseok's relationship and Sehun's answer to his and Jongin's.

 


 

A/N: Hello! Did you have a good Summer? I did. I just got back to school again.. hope this year is going to be a good one; it's my last. Did you get back to school from Summer vacation yet? Maybe you did a long time ago or maybe you haven't yet... anyways, I hope you'll be happy when enjoying summer and when going back to school. :)

Thank you for reading this chapter! Did you like it? Are you excited for the next one? In the next chapter you'll meet other members and their kids. I hope you liked this chapter and are excited about the one to come.

So what you know by now: SeKai used to date, TaeKai dated before, but broke up, and XiuChen used to date. You'll get more details, don't worry, and much more is yet to come.

Thank you once again for reading. Please comment and subscribe and stay happy! ^_^