Christmas Bonus 2

How I Met Your Appa

 

     

 

 


*Disclaimer: Whenever it is written in italic it's an imagined scenario - by the last person to speak - and not an actual represantation of the future.

 

Christmas Bonus

Year 2028, August

 

Ages of the kids:

9-year-olds: Youngbae, Ji Yong

6-year-old: Chorong

5-year-old: Sohee

4-year-olds: Aron, Amber, Seokjin

3-year-olds: Chanhee, Byunghun

2-year-olds: Namjoo, Jonghyun

1-year-olds: Minhyun, Minki, Changjo, Jimin, Taehyung

13 months: Hayoung

10 months: Junhong

 


 

The families had gathered for Ji Yong’s nine year birthday party in Minseok and Lu Han’s house. Everyone was there. The former SHINee members were there and Yixing and Yi Fan (with Aron of course) had also travelled from China to Korea for the birthday party.

Ji Yong had opened all his presents and currently he, Youngbae, Chorong, Sohee and Amber were playing with his new toys. Aron had taken it as his mission to tease the newly adopted 4-year-old boy, Seokjin, even though Seokjin didn’t look like it was much fun for him. He kept calling him princess – much to the other boy’s dissatisfaction.

Chanhee and Byunghun were also sitting on the floor, playing with some of Chanhee’s toys – since they weren’t allowed to play with Ji Yong’s new ones, even though it was very hard not to do so. The two-year-olds and one-year-olds (Namjoo, Jonghyun, Minki, Changjo, Jimin, Taehyung and Minhyun) were playing with an autonomous model train. They seemed very fascinated with it and Changjo was running around the funicular railway along the model train, together with Jimin and Taehyung, who were holding hands and singing. Minki kept taking objects from the game, saying “mine”, for example the model trees and small houses which the older kids had helped decorate with (they had also build the railway, since the younger were too impatient and clumsy to do so), and he even began taking the extra wagons for the train off, claiming them as his as well.

Junhong and Hayoung were unfortunately too young to play with the other (older) kids, and were playing with some plushies by their parents’, aunts’ and uncles’ side; they were both in the phase where they kept putting stuffs in their mouths. Hayoung had learned to walk, in contrary to her brother who was three months younger; all he could do was crawl, which he fortunately loved to do - especially crawling away from his parents, was something he had grown fond of.

“Aron,” Yixing said when Aron and Seokjin came running past them, Aron continue calling him ‘princess’ and Seokjin telling him not to. “If Seokjin doesn’t think it’s funny, then stop doing it.” Aron pouted slightly but then he nodded and walked towards the kids playing with Ji Yong’s new toys, leaving the other boy with the adults. Yixing had spoken in Chinese, since Aron was still not very good at Korean, but for a boy who didn’t know the main language of the company, he wasn’t shy at all. He did struggle to communicate with the other kids, but he didn’t seem to mind and enjoyed just playing along or by himself.

Seokjin silently went over to where Jinki was sitting and Jinki let him sit on his lap. It had been almost a year since Seokjin and Minhyun had been adopted, but Seokjin was still a bit uncomfortable with the big family; it was easier for Minhyun to get adapted with everyone since he was only 1 year old. Luckily though, Seokjin had become all used to Jinki and Minho – maybe a bit more to Jinki, but he still liked Minho though! – he had even begun to call them papa and appa; or at least sometimes. It was still a bit unfamiliar for him to suddenly have a new family.

“When are you expecting your baby?” Jongdae asked Jonghyun and Kibum who were sitting holding hands and looking like excited new dads.

“The first of September,” Jonghyun replied with a smile.

“How are the others taking it?” Minseok asked, motioning to their kids playing on the floor. Kibum and Jonghyun both hesitated to answer. It was Kibum who spoke first.

“Well…” he said. “I don’t think Jimin has properly realized what is hopefully going to happen in a couple of weeks. But I hope he’s going to be happy when we’re bringing home a baby brother.”

“What about Youngbae and Chorong?” Minho asked, since they all knew how the two of them had reacted to Jimin when he was even younger than he was now.

“Well…” Kibum hesitated and looked at Jonghyun. “They seemed happy enough, I guess, when we told them. They haven’t really mentioned it since, but we hope they’re not going to be a problem when the baby is here; I mean, they are older after all now, and they already have a younger brother, so…”

“Yeah, they’re probably going to be happy when there’s a new cute baby in the house,” Jonghyun concluded with a smile.

“Imagine, you’re going to have four kids soon,” Taeyeon stated with an overwhelmed but friendly smile.

“Yeah, we only have one and I feel like we’re getting domineered by him already,” Baekhyun said and they laughed.

“It must be nice, though, for the kids, you know, to always have someone to play with,” Yixing said and Yi Fan squeezed his hand gently. All the parents with more kids nodded knowingly.

“It is,” Taemin said. “When we’re not with all of you and your kids, Byunghun and Changjo are always playing together. It’s really nice.”

“Of course, raising two boys also mean that there’s plenty of fights to break up,” Jongin said with a small grunt but still, he couldn’t help but smile.

With a small glance at Yixing, Yi Fan said, “We’re actually considering adopting another child.” The adults all looked surprised at him and Yixing.

“Really?” Sehun asked and Yixing nodded.

“We’ve also thought about moving to Korea permanently,” he said. “A lot of our family is here and Aron’s Korean could improve a lot easier; plus you guys are here and we love you and Aron loves you too.”

“But he doesn’t know anything yet and we don’t want him to, either,” Yi Fan said, referring to the boy and asking the adults not to say anything to him.

“Right, because we want to be completely sure. We don’t know yet,” Yixing said.

“It does seem like he has a lot of fun with the others,” Joonmyun said and they all turned to look at the kids playing with Ji Yong’s toys.

Kibum laughed and Jonghyun asked him what he was laughing at. “Look at them! They play so well together.” The other adults followed his gaze to the younger kids where Jimin and Taehyung were singing and holding hands.

“They’re pretty cute,” Chanyeol agreed.

“Imagine our kids ending up dating and getting married,” Lu Han thought out loud. Some of them considered it.

“Then we would end up being in-laws,” Jongin stated.

“That would be really cool,” Jongdae considered with a grin.

“Who do you think would end up dating?” Zitao asked. The adults thought for a while.

“I think Taehyung and Jimin would make a cute couple. I hope they keep being close,” Baekhyun said. Chanyeol and Jonghyun nodded.

 

Taehyung waited for Jimin outside his classroom and when he finally came out, kissed his cheek and grabbed his bag for him, making Jimin smile. Taehyung carried the two bags on his shoulders so he had his hand free to hold Jimin’s when they walked home to Taehyung’s.

Walking into the living room, Taehyung asked, “What do you want to do?”

“How about watching a movie?” Jimin suggested and Taehyung agreed.

Settling on the couch while an animated movie started playing on the television, Taehyung wrapped his arm around Jimin.

“You’re cute. I’m lucky to be in love with my best friend,” Taehyung said when Jimin cuddled closer to Taehyung. Jimin looked up at him with a smile and Taehyung kissed his lips. Jimin grabbed Taehyung’s hand and intertwined their fingers.

“We’ll be together forever,” Jimin said and Taehyung nodded.

 

“That would be cute, they’d probably do everything together!” Jonghyun said.

“Just like Taehyung’s parents,” Jongdae said teasingly and Baekhyun slapped his arm.

“What about Ji Yong and Youngbae? They’re best friends, maybe they’ll develop feelings for each other as they grow a bit older, too,” Kibum said.

 

Being 19 was a difficult time, but when you were in love, it was so much easier. Youngbae felt like he was floating in the sky. He had made dinner and gotten rid of his parents and siblings who were nice not to put up a fight. At six o’clock someone rang the doorbell and he went out to answer.

Of course it was Ji Yong.

“Hey, handsome!” Youngbae greeted and pecked his lips before inviting him inside. It was Valentine’s day and Youngbae had invited his boyfriend over for a homemade meal.

“Hello,” Ji Yong said back with a smile. He took off his jacket and shoes and Youngbae grabbed his hand and guided him into the dining room, where the table was decorated with a bouquet in a vase and live candles.

“The dinner is almost ready,” Youngbae said. “But first, a present.” He went into his own room to get the present for Ji Yong and came back a few seconds later. “Here you go, love.” He handed him a small red box.

Ji Yong smiled and opened it, to reveal a ring inside.

“It’s a promise ring,” Youngbae told. “That I’ll marry you some day.”

Ji Yong was speechless and hugged his boyfriend in a tight hug. “Thank you so much,” he said.

“You’re welcome.”

 

“Then we’d be in-laws,” Minseok said and Jonghyun smiled.

“That’d be fun. Imagine all the family dinners we could put together,” Jonghyun said.

“And Chanhee and Byunghun are best friends too,” Lu Han said. “They’d make a cute couple, right?”

 

“When is Byunghun coming over?” Lu Han asked Chanhee, but just as he asked, someone knocked on the door.

“I bet that’s him,” Minseok said.

“I’ll open!” Chanhee called and ran to the front door. He came back a few minutes later with Byunghun.

“You’re always right, Minseok,” Lu Han said and kissed his husband.

“Let’s eat,” Minseok said. They all sat around the dining table.

After they had eaten Chanhee and Byunghun went to Chanhee’s room; but they kept the door open of course.

“Thank you for coming over, I think my parents approve of you,” Chanhee said and Byunghun smiled, both of them sitting down on Chanhee’s bed.

“Yeah, well, we’ve also always known each other,” Byunghun said. “They’re like parents to me, but of course not, since then we couldn’t date each other…” As Byunghun was talking he slowly realized what he was saying. Luckily his words made Chanhee laugh and Byunghun looked at him. “I love your laugh.” Chanhee smiled at him and grabbed Byunghun’s hand, who brought their hands to his lips to kiss Chanhee’s.

 

“Yes! They’re going to date. I can feel it,” Jongin said, looking at his oldest son and Chanhee playing.

Then Baekhyun exclaimed an excited sound and looked at Jongdae. “Imagine Taehyung and either Jonghyun or Namjoo marrying each other; then we’d be in-laws. How cool would that be?” Jongdae grinned and nodded.

 

Baekhyun opened the door and welcomed Namjoo inside; she was wearing khaki pants and a sweatshirt along with a bag pack. As soon as she saw Taehyung her face lit up in a happy smile.

“Taehyungie!” she exclaimed and jumped to his arms. He flashed her a huge grin as he caught her and kissed her in greeting, before carrying her to the living room.

“So where are the two of you going today?” Baekhyun asked them as he followed them inside.

“We’re going hiking,” Namjoo replied with a smile. Taehyung nodded agreeing. Like Namjoo, he was wearing clothes appropriate for long walks.

“My appa bought new boots for me,” Namjoo told Taehyung, and Baekhyun thought in his mind that Jongdae was really spoiling his daughter too much.

“Then I’d better make you guys some lunches, right?” Baekhyun offered and went to the kitchen, but got stopped in his action by Taehyung’s call.

“No need; I already made sandwiches for the both of us.”

His son was so good, Baekhyun thought with a smile.

 

“I would love to be in-laws to Taehyung; then we’d be in-laws together!” Jongdae exclaimed and grinned together with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, imagining that their kids would marry each other.

“I think Taehyung better be fast then,” Taeyeon said with a small laugh as she motioned to where her son and Namjoo were sitting, playing with the toys Minki had ‘stolen’ from the funicular railway.

 

“No, you’re doing it wrong!” Minki said and stopped Namjoo abruptly. The two were dancing in Minki’s room.

“What? What should I do then, huh?” Namjoo asked him, placing her hands on her hips and looking impatiently at Minki.

“Like this,” Minki stated and showed her how the move was properly done. She mirrored the action and Minki looked indecisively at her.

“What?” she asked him with a raised eyebrow. They had been practicing for a while and were both panting slightly, sweat increasing on their foreheads.

Minki hesitated; he wanted it to be perfect, but didn’t want to make his girlfriend angry with him. “Like this,” he said and moved closer to Namjoo so he was standing behind her, placing his hands on her hips and moving their bodies in sync, to show exactly how it was done properly.

Namjoo blushed and turned her head slightly to meet Minki’s lips.

“Now it’s perfect,” Minki said with a smile, breaking the kiss. Namjoo smiled too.

 

“Oh that would be so fun, right, Joonmyun hyung?” Jongdae grinned as he looked teasingly at Joonmyun, obviously knowing what the other was dreading.

Joonmyun didn’t say anything, already imagining the torments that Jongdae would bring. Although, he and Kyungsoo would have nice moments together as in-laws. Of course it wouldn’t really matter who would be in-laws or not; they were all family after all, no matter what.

“What about Aron and…” Taemin grinned and motioned to the kid still sitting on Jinki’s lap. Jinki looked down at Seokjin, who seemed to be paying little attention to the conversation the adults were having.

 

Seokjin had just set the table when someone knocked on the door.

“I’m coming,” he called to the hallway, fixing his shirt, and then running to the door. “Hey!” He greeted Aron with a warm hug and Aron smiled back at him.

“Here, I have something for you,” Aron said and handed Seokjin a bouquet of flowers.

“Thank you, they’re beautiful; I’ll put them in a vase on the table.”

“You’re welcome, princess,” Aron smiled. “Something’s smelling good,” he then commented when Seokjin lead him into the dining room.

“Thank you; I’ve made spaghetti, because I know you like it,” Seokjin said and Aron kissed his cheek.

“You’re the best, princess,” Aron said and pulled out a chair for Seokjin, when all the food had been placed on the table. He sat down himself afterwards. “Where are your parents?”

“They’re eating dinner at a restaurant and Minhyun is with some friends,” Seokjin answered. “We have the house to ourselves. It is our anniversary after all.” He smiled and Aron smiled back and reached out to take his hand across the table.

Then they ate and afterwards watched a movie, cuddling on the couch, sitting close and kissing once or twice.

 

“Seokjin?” Baekhyun said kindly and gained the boy’s eyes on him. “What do you think about Aron? Do you like him?”

Seokjin’s facial expression told much when he looked up at Jinki’s face. Jinki just smiled at him and told him that it was okay to tell the truth. Seokjin looked back at Baekhyun and vigorously shook his head, making the adults laugh.

“I bet you that at least two of our kids will end up falling in love,” Kibum said then.

“I bet you that at least five turns out to be gay,” Baekhyun said.

“Well, then, let’s bet,” Lu Han said and they looked at him. “Why don’t we bet for real?”

“Do you want to bet about our kids’ future love life and ual orientation?” Kyungsoo asked, brows raised. Lu Han shrugged.

“Why not?” he said.

“I don’t know, Han…” Minseok said. ”Maybe it’s not…”

“Yes! Let’s do it!” Baekhyun interrupted, completely ignoring and not listening to what the older was about to say.

“I’m in,” Kibum said and his husband looked at him with slightly raised eyebrows. “It’d be fun! And it won’t hurt anybody,” he said to justify it to his husband. It seemed that Jonghyun had nothing to say against him.

“What do you want to bet about then?” Chanyeol asked.

Kibum, Lu Han and Baekhyun began thinking and slowly came up with different scenarios with each kid. And that became the start of the adults’ long bet of who was gay and who was straight and who would end up dating one another. Of course not all of the adults were consenting – Kyungsoo, Minseok, Joonmyun, Taeyeon and Jonghyun didn’t think it was a good idea to bet about their children’s future and privacy. Minho, Jinki and Yixing were talking with Seokjin, quickly deciding that they didn’t want to participate in that conversation. Over the years, whenever something cute happened between the kids that could mean the start of something, the adults would secretly smile or whisper with each other.

 


 

A/N: I am so sorry for the looong wait.. I've been struggling with writer's block. But! I hope this Christmas Bonus was worth the wait, even though it doesn't actually take place around Christmas time! :3 Nonetheless I hope you all had an amazing Christmas!! :D

Soo... a lot has happened and I can with guarantee not mention everything! But! I will mention the things I remember :)

Happy birthday to: Chanyeol, Changjo, Byunghun, Seokjin, Minho, Jinki, and to Taehyung in a few days! ^_^

There's been a lot of award shows in the time I haven't uploaded. Congratulations to everyone who won! And I have to mention BTS who won "Best Artist of the Year" at MAMA 2016, because it was unexpected and they deserve it so much! :D Every artist deserves to feel like they've achieved something, because they all have!

I hope you all liked this chapter, if you did, please like and comment; it makes me so happy! ^_^ And I promise I will upload more in the future! I can say that the next chapter will contain a flash back of a couple someone's been waiting for :P

Have a nice day/evening and happy new year to you all!! <3