Chapter 3

How I Met Your Appa

Chapter three

"The next day we revealed our stage names as we had come up with them," Lu Han told the kids. "And the managers also told us how we would be divided into the bands: of course this influenced some of our stage names. For example I simply became Luhan, while your appa's stage name became Xiumin due to him being in the Chinese band, so that his name sounded Chinese. Your uncle Jongdae too came in the Chinese band and his name became Chen. Zitao just took his past nickname, Tao, while Yi Fan took his American name, which was Kris. Uncle Yixing needed all of our help coming up with a name, and due to him being kind of tired all the time, I came up with the name Lay, because it reminded of the Chinese name for tired."

"And in the Korean band, uncle Chanyeol, uncle Baekhyun and uncle Sehun all called them their real names. Uncle Kyungsoo used his last name Do, just calling himself D.O. instead," Minseok explained and the kids listened interested. "Uncle Joonmyun's reason for his stage name, Suho, was because he was the leader and the guardian of all of us. Uncle Jongin called himself Kai - probably with the help of either managers or Chinese members - as this means "to open doors" in Chinese."

"Why did he want to be someone opening doors?" Ji Yong asked his appa with furrowed eyebrows.

"It didn't have a literal meaning for him: it means that a lot of new opportunities came, and also he opened up the door for us with all his teasers."

"But we already knew this, appa and baba!" Sohee said. "When did you fall in love?"

Lu Han and Minseok looked at each other with smiles. "We're heading there," Lu Han said.

"Love isn't anything you can force, Sohee. You need patience," Minseok said.

"The next months we practiced hard every day and soon we had our debut. We were so happy when we won our first award, just being nominated as a start was really overwhelming. We were so new, but became popular really fast," Lu Han told.

"Baba had become really close to uncle Yixing," Minseok suddenly said.

"We were all really close, pabo!" Lu Han grinned.

"They were best friends," Minseok continued not being affected by Lu Han; totally ignoring what he said.

"Were you jealous?" Lu Han asked with a smirk. Minseok looked surprised at him.

"Me? No! I was not jealous." He pouted slightly and the kids laughed.

"You were totally jealous, appa!" Chanhee laughed.

"I think it's sweet," Lu Han pecked Minseok's cheek. "But you got really close to Jongdae too!" Lu Han quickly pulled back from Minseok, remembering this.

"Yeah, but we were all close." Minseok shrugged. Lu Han stuck his tongue out at him.

"I mean, you were really close, and don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about." Lu Han smirked and winked at Minseok, who slightly looked at the floor, trying to avoid his kids' wondering and curious eyes.

"Were you and uncle Jongdae a couple?!" Ji Yong was the first one realizing, understandably, him being the oldest. He looked almost repelled at his father.

"Wait what?!" Sohee and Chanhee blurted out at the same time.

Lu Han smirked at Minseok, who didn't know what to say. That'll teach him to joke with him.

"Um, kind of..." Minseok said.

"What do you mean kind of!?" Ji Yong exclaimed. It was clear that he was being appalled by the thought of his appa being together with another man - the very thought of him being together with anyone was weird. The fact that him and his baba were together was the fact; that was something he had lived with his entire life, and not something to be questioned.

"Well, we were a couple, yes. But we'll tell you all about it when we get there in the story!" Minseok explained. All of his kids looked alienated at him - like he was a complete stranger for having dated before being with their baba!

"But why uncle Jongdae? That's icky!" Chanhee said with scrunched nose.

"Chanhee, remember that your uncle Jongdae isn't actually blood related to any of us," Minseok gently said. "Even though you have known him your entire life."

"But I thought you were like brothers?" Sohee asked cutely, but also with a scrunched nose.

Minseok and Lu Han looked at each other, not really sure how to explain it. "Well, we are," Minseok said hesitatingly. "But..."

"Me and Chanhee are not blood related either, but we're brothers," Ji Yong said, smiling smugly as he knew they couldn't explain themselves out of this one.

"Um..." Lu Han said. "You'll have to be older to understand." Ji Yong looked unsatisfied at this answer, and Lu Han continued. "We were all really close, like brothers, but also had other feelings for some..." Minseok could see that Lu Han struggled, and took over.

"It's really hard to explain, but I promise that you'll understand one day."

"I don't think I will." Ji Yong shook his head. "But I guess we'll accept this one, right?" He looked at his siblings, who nodded, trusting their older brother.

"Okay..." Minseok looked at all of them, not really sure how to take this and what to say.

"Can we move on? Go on with the story?" Lu Han asked the kids with a smile.

"Yes," Ji Yong said on behalf of all of them. "But I think I'll have to confront uncle Jongdae with this fact." He looked serious at them. Minseok and Lu Han sighed.

"Please do, I don't think he'll have a better answer than us, really, but if you want to," Lu Han said.

"I will."

"Okay so after our debut..."

"Wait! Hold on!" Sohee said with her hand in the air to pause them. Her eyes were widened as if she suddenly remembered something.

"What is it, Sohee?" Minseok asked her, and her whole family looked at her questioningly.

"What was your band name? You haven't mentioned that." Sohee smiled.

"Oh, right," Luhan smiled back. "We were called EXO. EXO is the name of a planet that does not orbit around the sun. It's a planet not related to our solar system."

"Why were you called that?" Ji Yong asked.

"Because we had special powers," Minseok said, actually not sure if that was the reason.

"Powers? Like magic?" Chanhee asked, furrowed eyebrows but kind of excited at the same time.

"Well, kind of," Luhan answered smiling. "For example my power was telekinesis; I could move things without touching them."

"What power did you have, appa?"Sohee asked Minseok.

"Frost. I could freeze things."

"What about the others? What did auntie Baekhyun have?" Chanhee asked.

"Aunt Baekhyun had light."

"And uncle Kyungsoo?" Sohee said.

"He had strength," Minseok replied.

"Really?!" the three kids exclaimed at the same time. Minseok and Luhan laughed.

"Yeah. And uncle Chanyeol had fire and uncle Jongdae had lightning."

"Uncle Sehun had wind and uncle Zitao could go back and forth in time, and stop it too."

"Uncle Kai could teleport himself from place to place. And uncle Yixing could heal people."

"Uncle Joonmyun had water."

"What about uncle Yi Fan?" Ji Yong asked.

"His power was flight."

They sat in silence for a short while, taking it in. Then Minseok spoke: "You ready? Should we move on?"

"Yes!"

"Okay, so on with the story..."

 


A/N: Hope you liked this chapter :) If you did, please comment and subscribe ~ thank you ^_^