Chapter 22

How I Met Your Appa

Chanhee (Chunji) ! ^_^

 


Chapter 22

"So last night we talked about what we were going to do today," Joonmyun began, as they were all gathered around the morning table. The night before when the kids had all gone to bed, the adults had stayed in the living room, discussing what they should do the following days.

"And what is that?" Amber asked and looked at her father for an answer.

"We were thinking about going to an... amusement park! How does that sound?" Jongdae announced with a grin, as all of the kids started cheering, quickly getting rid of their yawning states they'd been in before.

"Yeah! Seriously?!" Jonghyun said with a big smile on his face. Jongdae nodded, also smiling brightly, seeing his son so happy.

"Can we go?" Taehyung asked with big pleading eyes and a happy smile, as if he hadn't realized yet that they were actually going.

Chanyeol laughed and nodded to his son. "Of course!" Taehyung cheered higher than everyone else at this answer, making Chanyeol laugh even more.

 

Most of the children waited outside by the cars, mere excitement on their faces and only nearly containing their patience. They were waiting for the last few kids and the parents to come, who were just packing up the last things - not that they needed to have many things with them; money, water, a little food, (some extra clothes for the kids to change into if any incidents happened), sunscreen, and jackets (if the weather got chilly in the evening).

"When are they coming, noona?" Taehyung whined, almost jumping up and down holding onto Luna's arm.

"They'll come soon enough!" she replied, getting a bit annoyed of him already as she pulled her arm from his grip. Taehyung pouted, seeing the annoyed expression and hearing the irritated tone in his cousin's voice, but soon that disappeared into a big smile when the door opened.

"Uncle!" he called and Jongdae smiled at him as the kid ran towards him, jumping in his arms.

"Woah!" Jongdae exclaimed, catching the grinning boy. "You have a lot of energy, huh?" Taehyung nodded excitedly and vigorously.

Kyungsoo came out of the house behind the two, carrying a bag. He pushed himself past them, walking to his car where Jonghyun and Minki were standing.

"Minki wants to ride with us," Jonghyun said, as his father put the bag in the front seat. "Can he?" he asked.

"That depends on your sister, because all three of you need to sit in a child seat, and there's not enough space for three in my car," Kyungsoo answered with an apologetic smile. Minki pouted and Jonghyun patted his shoulder.

Luckily for them, Namjoo wanted to drive in Sehun's car with Hayoung. But that also meant that Junhong would have to sit in another car. Therefore he and Zitao sat in Joonmyun's car with him and Taeyeon, and Amber sat with Luna and Taehyung, in Baekhyun's car. As Yi Fan and Yixing didn't have a car in Korea, Yi Fan sat in Joonmyun's car, Yixing sat in Sehun's car, and Aron sat with Byunghun and Changjo in their parents' car. Everyone else sat in their own cars.

When they arrived the sun was shining even brighter, making the parents relieved they had remembered sunglasses and sunscreen. They were all sitting on the parking lot preparing the kids for the sun.

"Do I really have to put sunscreen on?" Ji Yong asked, clearly annoyed by the fact. "I'm already wearing sunglasses!"

"That won't cover up your skin, only preventing the sun from shining in your eyes. And yes, you have to put on sunscreen," Minseok said, handing him the lotion.

Ji Yong groaned. "But it'll leave me all pale and white and moist!"

"Not if you rub it correctly on your skin," Lu Han said with a warning tone, helping his husband; neither of them were really in the mood of making a scene on the parking lot. He shared a glance with Minseok before looking back at his son. "Please just put it on, Ji Yong!"

Ji Yong pouted, but took the sunscreen from his appa's hand, pressing out the lotion. Even though he hadn't made a scene completely, apparently it was enough for the butterfly effect.

By the other cars the parents were also in the middle of protecting their children's skin.

"I don't want this!" Jonghyun whined, as his appa rubbed the lotion on his face.

"But you have to or else you'll get burned," Jongdae said calmly and continued rubbing. Jonghyun grimaced as he closed his eyes.

"But I don't like the feeling of it! And it's cold."

Jongdae started putting it on his son's arms. "In a moment it won't be cold anymore," he simply said. "And everyone else is putting it on as well, so stop whining, please."

Jonghyun looked around; as Jongdae had told him, everyone else were in the middle of getting the lotion rubbed on the skin revealing parts, too. Even his sister by his side - though she did not whine.

"Stop being such a baby," Namjoo mumbled, while Kyungsoo was covering her arms in the white lotion. Their parents shared a quick glance at each other, afraid that Jonghyun might say something back to her and create a fight, but luckily their son just looked offended as he raised his nose to the sky.

By another car Minki was pouting the entire time he was getting on the lotion, standing motionlessly, afraid that it might touch his clothes.

"Is it done yet?" he asked through a thin line being his lips, not even daring to move any part of his body. Taeyeon nodded, but Minki still didn't move.

"Honey, it's not going to paint on your clothes," she sighed.

"You don't know that," Minki said, his arms stretched out and his legs stiffly planted to the ground. Taeyeon shook her head at her son, before starting to put the lotion on herself.

The last person to whine was Taehyung, as he claimed it to be sticky and not pleasant at all. The other children were surprisingly accepting of the process, and only whined at the very beginning.

As they went inside the amusement park there were a lot of people, and the adults predicted that there would only come more as they had arrived early around 10 am. But there wasn't really anything to blame them: it was summer and the weather was nice, so of course many people thought it to be a perfect day for going on a trip.

The big group moved forward in the park, looking for the first thing to try.

"How about that? Can we try it?" Namjoo asked, pointing at a carousel.

"Sure," Jongdae said. She smiled. "Who wants to try it? There's no height limit."

"Can we try something a little more exciting than a carousel?" Aron asked with a raised eyebrow, not really caring about what he thought of as a kiddy-ride. Namjoo glared at him offended.

"Aron, some of the others want to try it. If you don't, then that's fine," Yixing said, as he noticed how the younger kids' faces fell. "Though I remember how much you loved rides like this, some years back."

"I was younger then," Aron argued.

"But who wants to try this now? I know I want to!" Chanyeol said, changing the focus from Aron and making the younger kids smile again.

"Really?" Hayoung asked Chanyeol with a surprised smile.

"Are you kidding me? I love carousels!" Chanyeol grinned and the kids got more excited again, forgetting about Aron's thoughts of it being boring. Chanyeol and Sehun went to the line with the four to six year olds.

"What are we going to try in the meanwhile?" Aron asked, really having no patience being in an amusement park.

"Aron, we have all day," Jongdae said, waving and smiling to the kids on the ride. "There's no need to be in a rush. Right now we're just going to wait for the others to finish this ride, and then we'll move on - unless they want to try it again of course."

Aron sighed while the parents just waved and smiled at the laughing younger kids in the carousel. When the ride stopped, they pleaded to try it once more and this time it was Baekhyun and Lu Han's turn to join them.

After the second ride the older kids asked if it could be their turn to choose something.

"I want to find a rollercoaster! A wild one!" Aron said as they went further into the park.

"Yeah, me too!" Chanhee agreed. "It better be fast."

Byunghun on the other hand looked hesitant, but didn't say anything.

Soon they came to a large rollercoaster where children's and adults' screams and laughter were heard.

"Woah! Let's try that one," Luna said and Aron nodded in excitement.

"I'm not sure if I want to try," Sohee said.

"If you don't want to, it's okay, sweetie," Lu Han told her. She nodded.

"Can I try it?" Chanhee asked.

"Are you sure? It looks pretty wild to me." Lu Han said, looking at the high rollercoaster and flinching by the sound of screams.

"Please? It looks so fun," Chanhee pleaded, also looking at the ride but with a different feeling of excitement.

Lu Han hesitated. "Maybe some of the adults should try it first. Just to make sure it's safe..."

"Baba, it's safe," Ji Yong burst in. "Can we please try it?"

Lu Han looked at Minseok for help.

"Han, if it wasn't safe, it would be closed," Minseok said to Lu Han, and the kids smiled as they had now gotten their appa's permission.

"Okay, then," Lu Han sighed, and Minseok put his arm around him.

"I can try it too, right?" Amber asked Joonmyun.

"Sure," he said with a slight smile.

"Oh, Hunnie, let's try it too!" Zitao chirped, grabbing Sehun's arm, and Sehun nodded, looking almost as excited as his husband. Telling their kids they would be right back, they went in line.

Byunghun stared at the rollercoaster with mixed feelings: fright and amazement.

"You okay?" Jongin asked his son. Byunghun just nodded. "Are you not sure if you want to try it or not?" Byunghun hesitated, not really sure if he should be honest, but then shook his head as an answer. "Do you want me to go with you?" Byunghun looked at his appa, then nodded.

In the end Aron, Chanhee, Luna, Amber, Ji Yong, Sandara, Byunghun, Jongin, Zitao and Sehun all went with the ride. And when they came back down to the ground, they told everyone how fun it had been.

"I want to try it too." Taehyung pouted.

"Sweetie, you're too short," Baekhyun said, never really imagining he would be telling someone that. This only made Taehyung pout even more.

"That's your fault!" he said and looked up at his eomma accusingly.

"No, that's because you're only five years old. You'll grow, don't worry," Chanyeol told. "You're not going to inherit your eomma's height." Taehyung smiled at bit because of that, but then it was Baekhyun's time to pout.

"You think my height's bad?" Baekhyun asked Chanyeol. Chanyeol chuckled.

"No, I think your height is adorable. I love your height. It fits me perfectly." Chanyeol put his arms around Baekhyun's shoulder, pulling him into a hug. Baekhyun couldn't help but smile and the two of them stood like that for a while, with the others talking.

"Can we try it again?" Amber asked.

"I think I might want to try it this time too," Yi Fan said. "It seemed like fun."

"You like rides, dad?" Aron asked, seemingly shocked.

"I do, yeah," Yi Fan said with a smile.

"Do you like rides too, baba?" Aron asked Yixing.

"Well, they're okay," Yixing said hesitantly, and Yi Fan squeezed his hand slightly with a smile.

"Did you like it too, Sandara?" Jongdae asked the girl.

"Yeah, it was fun," she said with a smile which slowly turned into a smirk. "But you do realize I'm supposed to be grounded, right?"

"Let's say you're having the day off." Kyungsoo smirked slightly, and the girl smiled brightly again.

"Does that mean I can try it again?"

The two nodded.

"Maybe I'll try it too," Jongdae said. "Let's hear what the maknaes thought of it."

"Did you like it, Sehunnie?" Jongdae asked Sehun when he and Zitao came over to them.

"Yeah, I think it was fun," Sehun said.

"It was awesome!" Zitao agreed. Jongdae nodded, then he kissed Kyungsoo's cheek.

"I'm going to get in line," he said, walking to Baekhyun and Chanyeol who still stood together hugging.

"What do you say? Care to join me?" he asked teasingly, motioning to the rollercoaster. Chanyeol's face turned playful and he nodded with a grin, but Baekhyun just shook his head. Chanyeol and Jongdae left him to stand in line for the rollercoaster.

"You liked the ride, Jonggie?" Taemin asked with a smile, as Jongin and Byunghun came to him with big smiles on their faces.

Jongin nodded. "It was so much fun! Don't you agree, Byunghun?"

Byunghun nodded.

"You really should consider going on the ride, Tae! It's really fun!"

"Okay, then."

Everyone who had wanted to try the rollercoaster once more - or for the first time - did, and as they came back they all had the same laughing expressions plastered on their face.

They went on with their walk, searching for rides.

 


 

A/N: So what do you think? They're in an amusement park! ^_^ And there's going to be a couple more chapters in the amusement park, 'cause there's just so much to write about... keke XD

I found it a bit difficult to find out who find rides fun and who doesn't... 'cause I don't know everybody equally as much, so apologies if anybody finds it wrong... But this is my story and it's purely made up so... XD

Oh and happy birthday to Jin from Bangtan Boys whose birthday was in this past week!

I plan to upload a bonus chapter with the "mystery family" this week, so keep an eye out for it! I hope you're excited!

Congratulations to everybody who won at MAMA 2015!!! :D And to everyone who was nominated; that's a big something in its self!

I hope you liked this chapter! Please let me know what you think, my dear readers! Thank you for reading and subscribing and commenting! You make my day ^_^ See you next time~