Chapter 47

How I Met Your Appa

                                           

Boys aka EXO getting wet ;)


 

Chapter 47

Byunghun and his parents went back outside. Byunghun sat next to Aron by the pool and Taemin and Jongin went to Yi Fan, Minseok, Lu Han and Yixing, who were still standing together.

"So how did you deal with it?" Yi Fan asked the couple. Taemin shrugged with a slight smirk.

"He lied," Jongin explained, earning questioning looks from the elders. "He told him that it was an old video that had slipped its way into the phone. From before Byunghun was born," he told further and Taemin just smiled - slightly proud of his quick explanation to the boy.

"You lied to your son?" Minseok asked with eyebrows raised, a bit of disapproval to spot in his voice. Taemin nodded - now a bit embarrassed.

"Well, it helped." Jongin, who wanted to help his husband out, shrugged with a small nod towards the boy; Byunghun didn’t seem to be in as much shock as he had been in before. The others nodded at his statement.

"What did you say to Aron?" Jongin asked Yi Fan, as he continued looking at the boys by the pool.

"Nothing really," Yi Fan said with a quiet sigh. "I just repeated what I said to them together; that it's normal for grownups to do and that I hope he can just go on with his life, but of course if he has any questions about it, he could ask me or Yixing or you guys."

"And then you blamed it on them," Lu Han added, nodding towards Taemin and Jongin who looked at the ground shamefully.

"I did that too," Yi Fan said with a smirk looking at the two culprits.

 

Half an hour later, they were on their way to the beach. Taehyung was singing all the way inside the car, getting Luna and Amber, who were sitting beside him, slightly annoyed. Baekhyun and Chanyeol did their best to block out the noise from the back, not wanting to tell their son to be quiet - who were they to complain about noise and singing? But finally, after fifteen minutes of driving and intense singing, they reached the clear, golden beach.

"Yay!" Taehyung yelled and looked out the window with shining eyes. He had almost taken off his seat belt and was about to open the door - even before Chanyeol had parked the car properly.

"Sit still, Taehyung!" Baekhyun warned, getting a bit nervous on his son's behalf. Taehyung did as he was told, and only went out the car when his parents said he could.

Aron and Chanhee were the first ones to reach the admirable water. They kicked off their shoes and stepped into the tempting water.

"Hold on! You need to put on sunscreen! And don't walk into the water with your shirts on," Lu Han grinned at them, as he stood on the sand in his flip flop sandals.

The kids weren't as complaining to the sunscreen as they had been by the amusement park. All of them stood still, glaring excitedly and longingly at the blue ocean while their parents smeared on the lotion to protect their kids' skin from getting burned. But as soon as the parents told them they were clear, they ran to the blank water - as they had changed into bathing suits at home - splashing on each other as they duck into the water. The parents grinned at them, happy that they enjoyed themselves; even though they could swim nicely at the house too, thanks to the swimming pool.

"Jonghyun, let's build a sand castle!" Minki said as he sat down on the sand close to the water.

"I want to swim, Minki," Jonghyun stated and looked at his cousin with a small pout and pleading eyes. Minki looked up at him. "I'm going to swim, okay?" He waited until he received a small nod from Minki, before running towards the water following his appa. Minki sat back with a small pout as he stared down at the sand in front of him. Taeyeon came over to him and sat down.

"I'll build a castle with you, sweetie." As soon as he heard those words he sent a bright smile to his eomma, and started telling her what to do.

Meanwhile Namjoo was standing by the water, laughing out loud as she watched her older cousins and uncles and aunties splashing and playing in the water. She wanted to join them, like Jonghyun, Junhong and Changjo had done, but she was afraid the waves might take her under water and she'd float away.

"Won't you come out to join us, honey?" Kyungsoo walked to the shore where his daughter was standing. She shook her head. "Why not?"

"I'm afraid," she said.

Kyungsoo smiled at her. "Don't be," he said. "Here," he reached out his hand, "take my hand. I'll make sure nothing happens to you." She hesitated for a short while, but then she smiled and grabbed her papa's hand, as he led her into the water, all the time keeping her close to him.

At the same time Joonmyun was lying on a blanket he had placed on the soft golden sand, and was in the middle of reading some papers through. Taeyeon had told him not to bring work with him on the vacation, but he had done it anyways, and now - as he had predicted from the house he didn't want to swim - he felt it was the perfect time to read it through. He did have bathing shorts on though, as Taeyeon asked him to, but he didn't take off his t-shirt as a prevention of getting burnt on his back.

A little further away Yi Fan and Yixing were lying on a blanket together. Yi Fan had his sunglasses on and laid back relaxed with closed eyes, getting some sun on his already tanned body, while Yixing was lying beside him having a conversation with him while all the time keeping an eye on the playing kids and especially Aron.

Minseok, Lu Han, Sehun and Taemin were playing in the water with the older kids. They had brought the beach ball and were playing a two-team game with it. Sandara was also playing with them and laughed as much as the rest, while Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae were playing in the water by themselves, splashing at each other and swimming further out than any of the others. Zitao was swimming in the water by himself, and Taemin had given the task on Jongin to stay where the water wasn't very deep, to play with the younger kids including Namjoo, Changjo, Jonghyun and Junhong. The game the elders were playing had turned too rough and on too deep water for the six, five and four-year-olds and therefore they had been asked to stay at the low water instead. Kyungsoo was also playing with the young kids, as he didn't want to play with the beach ball.

"Here!" Something green-brown and slimy was dropped in front of Minki's feet. He looked at it in confusion, but then turned his gaze up at Taehyung.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" he asked. Taehyung smiled brightly.

"It's decoration for the sand castle!"

"But it's slimy," Hayoung said. She had joined Minki and Taeyeon in building the sand castle, because she didn't want to swim or play in the water, and she was now staring at the slimy green thing with a scrunched nose.

Taehyung just kept smiling. "It's pretty."

"Thank you, Taehyung, we might get to use it," Taeyeon said and smiled at the boy, who proudly smiled back, before running around like he had done before. He had been in the water for a little while but then decided on running around on the sand instead, collecting stones and seashells and whatnot in a small pile.

"Changjo, I found a big one!" Jonghyun said as he stumbled through the water to get to Changjo. He had a walnut-sized seashell in his hand.

"Wow," Changjo exclaimed as he saw it. "That's the biggest one yet!" Jonghyun nodded and looked proudly at the shell in his hand.

"Look look!" Junhong came over to them with a shell on the same size as his hand - twice the size of the one Jonghyun had found. Jonghyun's smile faded at the look at it while Changjo's grew.

"That's awesome!" Changjo took the seashell from Junhong's hand to take a closer look at it. "Good job, Junhong." Junhong smiled and Changjo handed it back to him. "You can give it to Minki if you want. But you can also keep it for yourself." Namjoo came over to them, as she had collected a handful of different things - stones, small seashells etc. And her eyes grew and smile brightened when she saw the seashell in Junhong's hand.

Junhong nodded at Changjo's words. "I'll give it to Minki. For the castle." Then he, Jonghyun, Changjo and Namjoo went up from the water and walked towards Minki and Hayoung who were sitting on the sand.

"Here, Minki." Junhong knelt and gave his cousin the seashell he found. "It's for the castle."

Minki smiled and took the seashell from his younger cousin. "Thank you."

"I also have one for you," Jonghyun said - a bit embarrassed by the size of his, now - and gave him his seashell. Minki smiled brightly and took it from him.

"And I have stones," Changjo put down a small pile of stones next to Minki on the sand. Namjoo also put down the things she had collected and Hayoung and Minki smiled at her thankfully.

"Thanks," Minki said as he looked from the stones and seashells to his cousins. Taeyeon had left the two kids some while ago, to go swimming, as they all now seemed to be playing together. She had tried to get Minki to go in the water too, but he refused to.

"You're welcome," Jonghyun said and smiled back. "We're just doing our job - getting the needed things, as men do."

“But I’m a girl,” Namjoo said and looked at Jonghyun. But Jonghyun ignored her, when Minki spoke.

"I'm a man, too," Minki said, feeling Jonghyun had referred to him as a girl. Jonghyun's eyes widened a bit as he hadn't really meant any harm with his words. Luckily Minki smiled. "But I'd rather sit back if you want to get me the things I need." Jonghyun smiled relieved since Minki wasn’t mad.

"We can put this on the top," Hayoung said and took the biggest seashell - the one Junhong had found - and put it on top of the sandcastle.

"No, I want this one on top; that one doesn't go on top." Minki took the one Hayoung had chosen, off the sandcastle and put the shell Jonghyun had given him, on instead. Hayoung stared at him with beginning rage.

"But that one’s bigger, therefore it should be the main attraction," Hayoung argued and pointed at the big shell. The others didn't say anything and just stood there awkwardly, listening to the beginning argument.

Minki turned his face to look at his younger cousin: his eyes were wide and expectantly, like if saying: "you really wanna fight me?". Hayoung just put her lips into a thin line and stood up with irritation in her eyes directed towards Minki. She knew she couldn't fight him; he was older and no younger would get any advantage of getting in a fight with her oppa. So instead she stomped off, even though she was getting real tired of the one who always seemed to get his will. Minki just scoffed seeing this and started decorating his sandcastle. The four who had witnessed the scene, hesitated before silently sitting down and starting to help Minki.

"Hey, hyung!" Jongdae called to Joonmyun, as he, Baekhyun and Chanyeol came running from the water.

"Don't you want to play with us?" Baekhyun asked, finishing Jongdae's question. Joonmyun looked up from the papers in his hand and gazed over his shoulder at the three men.

"No, I have work to do. I don't feel like swimming," he said and turned his attention back to the papers.

"Work?" Chanyeol exclaimed dramatically. "You didn't bring work with you on our vacation, did you?"

Joonmyun sighed. "I'm sorry, guys. I have a lot to do, I couldn't just leave everything behind me."

"Yeah, you could have! You should have," Baekhyun said. Joonmyun apologized again. "We're on vacation. And we're on the beach!" Baekhyun argued.

"Baek's right," Jongdae said. "When you're on a beach, you're supposed to swim or at least have some fun." Joonmyun turned his head to look at them again.

"I'm sorry, guys. I don't feel like swimming."

Chanyeol's lips suddenly curled into a slight smirk - clearly not listening to Joonmyun - and he turned his face to look at Baekhyun. Baekhyun quickly caught his thoughts and smirked at Jongdae, who also seemed to get an insight telepathically. Joonmyun furrowed his eyebrows and looked at them with confusion and precaution.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun were the first ones to grab their hyung by the arms. Then Jongdae grabbed one leg and together they started carrying Joonmyun towards the water, despite Joonmyun's opposition.

"No! Baekhyun, put me down!" he yelled, but the three just laughed and continued to carry him. "Jongdae, I swear, if you throw me in the water..!" Joonmyun kicked his free leg in the air and tried to wiggle himself free from their grip.

"Then what?" Chanyeol laughed. But the three were too strong for Joonmyun and he failed at getting free.

Soon everyone had turned their attention to the four grown men and Sehun came running to help the three of them: he grabbed Joonmyun's other leg, earning a yell from the latter.

"Sehun, how dare you do this to me?! I'm your hyung!"

"But the others are also my hyungs," Sehun said teasingly and Baekhyun, Jongdae and Chanyeol laughed at this.

They reached the shore and the four males went to where the water touched their knees. Everyone looked at them with either admiration or laughter, but nobody came to Joonmyun’s rescue, as they started swinging him from side to side and counted down from five.

When Joonmyun's back touched the blue ocean, the water splashed at everyone around him. They laughed as he quickly found foothold again in the moving water. His whole body was soaked: his hair was plastered to his face and neck, his eyes squinting and his mouth open, probably due to the sudden cold wet feeling from the water, and his white t-shirt was sticking closely to his upper body, revealing where there had once been toned muscles.

"You. Are. So. Dead!" he groaned as his eyes stared at the four grinning males. Soon a war of water splashing began.

It started with just the five grown men, but soon Minseok and Lu Han felt the need to help Joonmyun out and then everyone wanted to join in. While all of the adults were having a water fight, the older kids wanted to play as well, and after a bit of hesitation from the four, five and six-year-olds, they couldn’t resist it anymore either, and Taehyung, Jonghyun and Changjo began to run into the water and lead the others to join as well. Namjoo and Minki still hesitated, but Jongdae and Taeyeon came running into the shore and lifted the two, putting them on their shoulders and walking back into the water with them, grinningly. Namjoo and Minki were finally having fun in the water again.

 


 

A/N: Hey, guys! I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to update T_T I've had writer's block... I hope you can forgive me and that you're still looking forward to new chapters, despite some long waits.

A lot of things have happened. There's been comebacks, birthdays, anniversarys, etc. I'm not going to mention all of it, I'm just going to speak about one thing. And that's not a very new thing, but it just hit me some days ago. My favourite group is Teen Top. And I was watching one of their new videos, when I suddenly realised (not that I didn't know it, it just really hit me then) that L.Joe is not coming back. And I felt really sad. But I hope that L.Joe gets all of his wishes coming true and I support him nevertheless. I don't know why he left, but it was his decision and I respect that. I will continue to support and love both him and Teen Top, and I hope all Angels will too! <3

I hope you liked this chapter! If you did, please leave a comment and/or subscribe ^_^

Thank you so much for reading my story! You, my dear readers, make me very happy! <3