Bonus 3 OnHo

How I Met Your Appa

OnHo's here!! ^_^

Happy Birthday to Minho (birthday 9th) and Onew (bithday 14th). You are the reason I waited posting this chapter (it had to be in between their birthdays. Keke xD )

 


 

Bonus 3

Minho turned off the engine and glanced at his husband who looked really nervous. Jinki took a deep breath and exhaled slowly without looking at the other male sitting beside him. Minho reached over and took the other's hand. Jinki flinched slightly by the sudden contact.

"Are you ready?" Minho asked Jinki. Jinki turned in the car and looked at him with big eyes. Minho had to bite his lip not to grin brightly at him. Not just because his husband looked adorable with those big scared eyes, but also due to his excitement for the thing they were about to do. In the end Minho couldn't contain it.

"Come on," he said with a smile and kissed Jinki's hand before going out the car. Jinki came out on the other side and Minho waited for him to come to his side, so he could take his hand again and they could follow each other across the street to the yellow house with the red door. Minho pushed the door open and together they went inside.

"Oh, hello!" a woman's voice said. She shook Minho's and Jinki's hands. "I'm so glad to see you. And I'm so excited to show you around! Was it difficult to find?" she asked them with a big smile. It was the young lady from their interviews, Yoo Seoyeon.

Minho smiled back at her. "No, it was no problem, really," he answered and glanced once again at the nervous face of his husband who looked from side to side, looking all over the room. Minho gave his hand a squeeze and smiled at him reassuringly when Jinki looked at him. Jinki managed to give a smile back.

"So, should I show you around? I bet you're really excited!" Seoyeon asked and Minho smiled at her again with a little nod.

"Yeah, we can't wait."

They walked up the stairs, Minho's hand all the time in Jinki's; Jinki didn't dare let go. Not that he was scared. Not anymore. He was just... nervous.

They came to a big room containing a lot of noise and colors. Kids were running around, playing with toys, and adults were sitting in chairs or playing or nursing the small ones. Jinki was overwhelmed and Minho looked at the kids with stars in his eyes.

"So, these kids are about three to six years old," Seoyeon stated and they walked inside the room. "In this age they start to do things themselves. We kind of keep them separated; the younger kids and older kids, but they do enjoy playing all together too. You talked about a kid at age five or six, right?"

"Well, yeah, we think that would suit us," Minho replied.

"Noona." A little boy walked over to them and pulled at Seoyeon's shirt.

"Yeah, what's wrong, sweetie?" She knelt down to the kid with a motherly smile on her face.

"Minhyunie is crying," the boy said.

"Okay, I'm coming," she said and stood again. "Would you excuse me for a moment," she said to Minho and Jinki, and left inside an adjacent room with the little boy following her. Minho and Jinki weren't sure of what to do with themselves, so they quietly went in behind them.

"Aw, baby, what's wrong?" Seoyeon had picked up an even younger boy from a blanket settled on the floor. It was a blanket with the motive of a super hero. Jinki recognized it as Iron Man and his lips unconsciously turned into a smile.

"Are you tired?" Seoyeon said while patting the kid on the back and keeping her arms in a gentle swaying movement. The kid kept crying. "Oh, you need a new diaper!" she realized and as soon as she put the little boy on the changing table, he stopped crying. She rolled her eyes with a small giggle. Then she looked back at the other young boy who had followed her closely to the table. "Seokjin, go out and play with the others."

"What about them? Who are they? And why are they allowed in here when I'm not?" The kid, named Seokjin, pouted with a pointing finger towards Minho and Jinki. Seoyeon sighed.

"It's okay," Minho smiled to her reassuringly. "We'll just wait outside." Seoyeon smiled thankfully and pushed Seokjin gently out the door with Minho and Jinki following behind.

Minho and Jinki stood a bit awkwardly outside the room they had just been in, not sure of what to do. Seokjin, the little boy, went over in a corner to where a bookshelf was placed. Jinki looked around.

Around eleven kids were to be counted in that room. Jinki didn't have a very good eye on how old small kids were: for all he knew the ones who were playing in the room could be from one to eight years old. He shook his head at himself. But he trusted Seoyeon when she said they were three to six. He glanced around at the kids, all playing with each other or the adults, and his eyes landed on the little boy with the blue t-shirt alone by the bookshelf. He stood on his tiptoes, trying to reach a tall book with zebra print on the side.

Jinki hesitated as he looked around; all adults were occupied by either entertaining or comforting the other kids. Even Minho was helplessly occupied by playing with a little girl on the floor; a girl who had rolled a toy car over to him. Both the girl and Minho grinned and Jinki could see the sincere happiness of Minho by the mere look at the girl. Jinki sighed and went over to the bookshelf and Seokjin, and leaned down to take the book out of the shelf to hand it to the little boy. Seokjin took the book from Jinki's hand and stared at him with curiosity, yet something close to a neutral expression on his face.

"Thank you," Seokjin said quietly. Then kept staring at him for a little while longer - with Jinki mirroring the expression - before asking, "Do you want to read with me?"

Jinki was startled and hesitated for a second, before slowly nodding. Seokjin then made a little nod of approval before walking towards an armchair and settling on it. Jinki had followed and stood a bit awkwardly while looking at the boy who settled comfortably in the big armchair, before moving down to sit on the floor in front.

"There's enough room for the both of us," Seokjin's voice sounded and Jinki looked up at the boy, who was now settled higher than him. He nodded and stood up, then hesitated, waiting for approval to sit in the chair.

"You can sit under me," Seokjin stated and jumped down on the floor again, to let Jinki sit down in the chair before crawling on top of him. As he had settled, he turned with the book in his hand to look at Jinki. "Okay?" he asked and Jinki nodded and managed to give a little smile.

Then Jinki experienced twenty minutes of intense reading with Seokjin. Seokjin was quite good at reading at his age, Jinki thought. Not that he knew exactly how old the boy was, but one thing was clear: Jinki had not been as good a reader at that age. Twenty minutes went by. Jinki hadn't quite expected how long something like that would last, but it seemed to him that Seokjin was determined to finish the book. It wasn't a very long book, and there was plenty of pictures, but Seokjin seemed determined to read it through. Jinki had actually expected it only to last five minutes or so, before the little boy would be bored or wouldn't have the patience to go through every page. But he thought wrong. Not even when Seoyeon came out of the room, from changing the diaper, distracted Seokjin. And Jinki wouldn't even be distracted when Minho would glance lovingly up at him. It was an intense reading session, which Jinki would later find to be one of the most treasured memories he had.

"So is everything all right in there?" Minho asked when Seoyeon came out of the room.

"Yeah, everything's fine," she smiled. "He always does that." She motioned to the room behind her which contained the little boy. "He starts crying and demands to get his diaper changed. And when I finally do, almost nothing is in it." She laughed a bit. "I swear, he's one of the most clean kids here. He's only one year old."

"Oh really?" Minho sounded surprised. He looked over to where Jinki and Seokjin sat in the armchair. "And how old is he?" He made a little nod towards them.

"Seokjin? He's four," she replied. "They're brothers, him and Minhyun," she said, talking about the two boys. Minho looked at her interested and she continued. "They came here when their mother died. She died giving birth to Minhyun; the delivering was too hard on her. Their father died in war."

"What about grandparents?" Minho asked, feeling awfully sad for the two kids.

"Their grandparents didn't want to have anything to do with the kid that 'killed' their daughter. And the father's parents never showed up," Seoyeon told. Minho pouted slightly, looking from Jinki, who couldn't hide his smile looking at the boy in his lap, to Seokjin, who unaffected kept reading the book.

"Minhyun doesn't know his parents or his grandparents," Seoyeon continued. "But Seokjin has a faint memory of his mother and grandparents. I wonder what's worse: to not know who's given birth to you, or to faintly remember a mother's embrace." Seoyeon looked at Minho with kindness and sadness in her eyes. Minho just looked at the scenario in front, having a lot on his mind.

"I guess just knowing that somebody's been there, but are not there anymore, is a loss and something to count ourselves lucky to not have gone through. Especially in such a young age."

 

Some days went by and Minho and Jinki discussed. Jinki wanted a boy and, as they had told Seoyeon, they wanted him to be around five or six years old. Although this had been the goal at heart the days before, Jinki and Minho couldn't forget about the little four years old Seokjin. They both found him adorable and caring and Jinki had told that he seemed smart too. They called up Seoyeon and said they had talked about adopting him. She had then told them that Seokjin refused to get adopted without his younger brother and Minho and Jinki had been in discussion again.

"Can't we just adopt one of them and give both a locket so they can find each other ten years from now?" Jinki had asked, despair in his eyes, as they stood in the kitchen. He let himself fall down on a chair.

"No, that would be incredible cruel," Minho said. "And Seokjin doesn't want to get adopted if his brother doesn’t get adopted with him; he'd rather not get adopted, if not Minhyun gets, too."

Jinki sighed and Minho turned around to face him. "Either we adopt both, or we find someone else. We can go another way."

Jinki now looked at the floor. "But Minhyun is just so small..."

Minho kneeled down in front of his husband and looked him in the eye. "He's a kid. He's one year old and Seoyeon told us about how good and clean he is. Seokjin is four. You said yourself how cute he is. And that you can't get his face out of your mind." Jinki smiled by the thought of it. "See? You can't even stop smiling just by thinking of him." Minho gently patted Jinki's knee with a giggle. Jinki shook his head.

"But the other is so small. I don't know anything about him. And what if I mess up? I don't want to mess up with a small kid like that," he argued. Minho rolled his eyes.

"You won't mess up," Minho reassured, biting his lip as to not ask out loud what difference it would make whether the kid was one or four if he did mess up. Instead he took his hand. "I could see it in your eyes when you looked at him: you already have feelings for him. You felt like a father. And I know you're going to be a great one. For both Seokjin and Minhyun. Besides you're not alone; I'm here with you. And I'll always be here with you."

Jinki looked in his eyes and Minho leaned closer to peck his lips.

"I love you," Minho whispered.

"I love you too," Jinki said. "And... I'm going to love Seokjin and Minhyun, too."

Minho smiled at the convinced and determined look on Jinki's face. Now he just hoped that the adoption would go smoothly and neither kids would mind them as new parents.

 


 

A/N: The other "mystery" family has been revealed! Yay! Hope you like it! (^o^)

So, this was a flashback to when Minho and Jinki adopted two sons. The family consists of: appa Minho (from SHINee), papa Jinki (Onew from SHINee), Seokjin (Jin from BTS) and Minhyun (from NU'EST). This was a flashback, so Seokjin was four and Minhyun was 1, but in the "now" with EXO family, Seokjin is 8 and Minhyun is 5. And if you have no idea who they are, then check them out! And I'm serious: they look so much alike! I wouldn't even be surprised if they revealed that they were in fact brothers in real life.

ATTENTION!!

I will make a Christmas special and I already have some ideas in mind. But one of the scenes are kind of sad... So I want to know, whether or not you would like me to include it. Because Christmas is not supposed to be sad... But the scene is also (kind of) sweet! So should I include it?? Or change it? (It has something to do with Luna..)

THANK YOU for reading!! You make me VERY happy. And thank you for your comments. You make my day. \(^_^)/

See you next time~ and let me know what you think in the comments!