Chapter 36

How I Met Your Appa

 

 


 

Chapter 36

All the adults - except for Joonmyun and Kyungsoo who had taken the job as dish washers - were sitting around the table, talking happily together - or sort of happily. It was right after they had eaten the dinner made by Sehun and Jongin, and the kids were playing in the living room.

"Sehun and Jongin, the dinner was lovely. You surprised me positively," Taeyeon said and the two maknaes smiled thankfully at her.

"Yeah, Sehun, you did well. Congratulations!" Baekhyun said with exaggeration in his voice while slow clapping. Sehun glared at him.

"Well done, baby Sehun!" Jongdae joined in on the teasing.

"And, Jongin, not bad for you either!" Chanyeol said, including Jongin in it too.

"Like you are so good at making dinner!" Jongin argued and looked at Baekhyun. Jongdae and Chanyeol both sat beside him smiling proudly, as they weren't mentioned.

"Yeah, who are you to talk?" Sehun joined with a mocking face.

"I'm just saying that it's a miracle your kids get fed." Baekhyun shrugged and Sehun and Jongin looked at each other, considering what he meant. "With you two and then your husbands... It's surprising that your kids are still alive." He smirked when he noticed the offended expressions of the three maknaes and the pouting expression of Taemin.

"What are you saying?!" Zitao exclaimed. "That me and Sehun are not good parents? That we don't know how to take care of our kids? Of course we feed them!"

"Yeah, but with what?" Baekhyun said with a slight shrug.

"I think you pissed him off real bad, Baek," Jongdae told him. Baekhyun just smirked.

"I know."

"It's not even funny anymore, Baekhyun." Zitao glared at him. Baekhyun shrugged.

"I think it is."

"Calm down, Zitao, you know he's only joking. Of course we know that you and Sehun are good parents and feed your kids a proper meal," Yixing said, trying to settle the argument.

"And it was actually a good dinner that the two of you made," Lu Han said to Sehun and Jongin. "You did good."

"Thank you, hyung," Jongin said.

"Yeah, thank you, hyung," Sehun said too. Lu Han smiled.

When Joonmyun and Kyungsoo were done with the dishes they all gathered in the living room and settled down; it was story time.

"What's it about today?" Namjoo asked excited, sitting next to her brother on the couch. Their parents had given them a short lecture about the rights and wrongs in their actions earlier that day - much to Namjoo's satisfaction as she got to see her brother being corrected.

"It's still Baekhyun and Chanyeol's turn. They haven't told us how they got together," Kyungsoo explained, and they turned to the two when Baekhyun started telling.

 

It was Saturday night and they had the weekend off. Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Chen had decided to have a small movie night, and the three of them were all gathered in Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room, sitting on Chanyeol's bed. It was only 7 pm, they had put Chen's laptop on a chair in front of the bed and were now staring at the black screen in front of them, as the first movie had just ended.

"Should we eat something?" Chanyeol asked and looked at the boys.

"I'm hungry," Chen stated.

"Then let's go," Baekhyun said and stood from the bed. The two followed him out into the living room.

"Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun called when he saw the boy sitting on the couch, quietly reading a book. "We're hungry!"

"And that's my problem because?" D.O. commented without looking away from the book.

"Make us some food!" Baekhyun whined.

"Please," Jongdae begged. D.O. looked up at him. Then he looked at the others: all three of them were staring at him with big begging eyes.

"No." He turned his attention back to the book.

"Come on!" Now it was Chen's turn to whine.

"No. We have the weekend off, and usually I would love to cook, but right now I'm in the middle of my book. So please disturb someone else."

"But you're the only one who cooks!" Chanyeol argued. Then Baekhyun looked at the boys with wide eyes.

"Minseok hyung!" he exclaimed.

"No, he won't do it," Kyungsoo said, again without taking his eyes off the pages.

"Party pooper…!" Baekhyun said and the three of them went to the kitchen by themselves.

"So will you cook for us, Jongdae?" Baekhyun asked when they were standing in the kitchen.

Chen whined. "Argh, come on, Baekhyun, I don't want to cook today."

"Fine, then we'll order a pizza," Baekhyun stated and took out his phone from his pocket.

They used the time waiting for the delivery in the living room, annoying D.O.. And D.O. did the best he could to ignore them. They were like three yelling disrespectful five year olds. Or three energetic never-tired puppies. No wonder they were called beagle-line.

Luckily the delivery only took a quarter to be there, and soon they would be out of D.O.'s way.

They decided to eat the pizza in the bedroom, and D.O. sighed relieved when they were gone, not really in the mood to yell at them this time.

"So, let's say," Chanyeol said with his mouth full of pizza. "That the first one falling asleep will do a punishment."

"Sure!" Chen agreed. "But what?"

"He'll have to do everything we tell him to in the morning," Chanyeol proposed.

"Or we'll just wake him up by scaring him," Baekhyun said.

"Or!" Chen exclaimed. "They have to walk around the next day."

All of them agreed that this was their punishment, and when they were done eating and taking the pizza box out of the way, they huddled up in Chanyeol's bed once again. They had also agreed that they would only watch horror movies, making it harder for each of them to fall asleep.

When they had watched half a movie they went out to make popcorn: another thing to distract them from sleeping. And they went back to the bedroom again, sitting in Chanyeol's bed, continuing the movie and eating their popcorn.

The clock was 12 pm when the first one fell asleep. They were in the middle of the third movie, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol didn't notice the sleeping boy, before Chen lightly mumbled in his sleep. Baekhyun and Chanyeol looked at each other with grins, which, at the same time, turned into more serious folders when they kept their gazes at each other. They leaned in at the same time. But was caught off by the screen in front of them, because the main character suddenly was surrounded by monsters and screamed her head off. Baekhyun had a shy smile on his lips, while Chanyeol's cheeks were pink.

They noticed at the same time that they were holding hands. They had probably unconsciously grabbed at the other's hand when one of the scary scenes were playing. And once again they looked straight into each other's eyes. Now they didn't back away, they didn't get distracted by the scene playing on the laptop and they didn't even think about the sleeping Chen beside them.

The kiss was sweet and everything each of them had ever dreamed of, though the other had never known. Everything suddenly made perfectly sense, from the moment their lips touched; they fit each other perfectly and there didn't seem to be any other solution.

They had let go of each other's hand, and Baekhyun turned his entire body, making the kiss more passionate while Chanyeol laid down on the bed so Baekhyun could lean closer to him.

They didn't go further. Nothing else happened. But this couldn't have been any better – except of course if Chen hadn't been sleeping next to them.

 

"What happened next?" Taehyung asked and he looked interested from Chanyeol to Baekhyun to Jongdae.

"Well, then uncle Jongdae had to walk around the next day, Taehyung," Baekhyun answered.

"So did you, uncle Jongdae?" Taehyung asked Jongdae excitedly. Jongdae nodded. "Really?" Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed at their kid, and Baekhyun ruffled his hair.

"Yes, I walked around the next day," Jongdae said embarrassed.

"Ugh, I remember this," Zitao exclaimed and covered his face with his hands. "That was something I didn't need to see."

"Hey!" Jongdae slapped his arm.

"But we told him that it was fine if he only went around the house once, and then he could put his clothes back on," Baekhyun told. "We figured nobody wanted to see that." He shrugged and Jongdae slapped him too.

"I'm not that horrible looking!" he exclaimed.

"I actually saw you too." Minseok scrunched his nose at the memory.

Jongdae looked at him surprised. "Really? Why didn't I notice you?"

Minseok shrugged. "I figured it was just something typical Chen to do or something to do with Baekhyun and Chanyeol. I was right. Plus I didn't really want to go closer..."

"Why do you all think I'm so horrible looking or that it's just something I do? I don't walk around on a daily basis! I really don't!" Jongdae exclaimed. Baekhyun and Chanyeol laughed.

"But did Baekhyun hyung or Chanyeol hyung ever tell you that they were kind of hooking up where you were sleeping?" Sehun asked.

"No," Jongdae said. "And I think I'm actually happy to only find out now." They all laughed.

Half an hour later the parents decided that it was time for the kids to go to sleep. With some small quarrels from the younger kids, they finally got them to bed, while the slightly older kids were talking by the dining table. But it didn't take long before the parents decided that it had been a long day, and they also needed to sleep. Just as Jongin had turned off the light and closed the door to the boys' bedroom behind him, Aron flicked on his flash light.

"So when do we take action?" he asked the two other boys.

"We have to wait until the adults go to bed," Byunghun said and turned to his side so he could look at the boy.

"When is that?" Chanhee asked.

"I don't know. But I suggest we wait until midnight," Byunghun said. "Then we're sure that nobody's awake and that the girls won't anticipate it."

Aron and Chanhee nodded as they agreed, and Aron set an alarm so they would make sure to wake up in the middle of the night. Then they turned to sleep. But after about three hours the alarm rang and woke up the three boys.

"Ugh, turn it off!" Byunghun growled and pulled his blanket up to cover his ears. A second later he felt a pillow hit his head. "Hey!" he exclaimed and removed the blanket covering his face, to glare at whoever the culprit was.

"We have a mission to complete, remember?" Aron said from his bed, sleepily dragging his feet down to the floor.

The three boys stood from their beds and opened the door. Then they sneaked down the hallway with the piece of string and the tape that they would need. They had planned it out the first day, talking about how to prank the girls. And they had found the perfect and most unexpected thing to do. And the only thing they needed were some string and some tape, which Chanhee had taken care of, as he knew his parents carried everything with them - just to be on the safe side.

Aron opened up the door quietly and they all sneaked inside before Chanhee closed the door behind them silently and secretively.

"Who's going to do it?" Byunghun whispered when Chanhee showed them the string. Aron shrugged.

"I can do it, just help me make sure they don't wake up," he whispered and took the string from Chanhee's outstretched hand. They went closer to the bed the three girls were sleeping in. Then Byunghun gently lifted up one of the blankets to reveal the feet of Sohee. Luckily she was sleeping with her feet close next to each other, making it easy for Aron to tie them tightly together.

The next victim was Luna: her feet were placed slightly more apart, but with slight resistance Chanhee lifted her feet closer to each other and Aron tied them together too. She grunted in her sleep, making them freeze, afraid she might wake up. Luckily she slept solidly.

When it came to Amber, they decided that it would be too hard for them to tie her feet together, as she was having one leg bend under her and the other leg outstretched. So they settled with just tying her one foot together with Luna's and Luna's together with Sohee's, so the three sleeping girls were tightly tied together all of them.

Then Chanhee took out the tape which he tried opening quietly and softly, though it was difficult due to the sound it was making. But they succeeded in making some long pieces of tape, which could reach from one side of the bed to the other, so the girls were now stuck to the bed, too. The boys imagined that when they woke up, the girls wouldn't be able to move much, since their bodies were pressed to the mattress thanks to the tape and when they would finally get free, they would stumble upon being tied together by their feet.

The three culprits managed to do their mission without waking up the girls and they successfully made their way back to their bedroom unnoticed. Then they fell asleep with grins on their faces, hoping to wake up to their cousins' horrid faces.

 


 

A/N: Okay, first I would like to say that I hope you didn't think Baekhyun was being too mean, 'cause that wasn't my intention: he was only teasing them (TaoHun and TaeKai)! Second, the boys have taken action now. The "war" has begun. Kekeke ^_^

By the way, it crossed my mind that I should probably mention that KaiStal (Kai+Krystal) is not going to happen in my fanfic, even though I try to include events happening in real life (fx. BaekYeon + depatures of several people). Not because I do not approve of their relationship (I am not a superficial person + they shouldn't even be needing anyone's "approval"), but because it would be impossible - if not gross and illegal. Amber and Luna are children in this fanfic, which means the rest of their group F(x) are kids, too. Just saying.

Happy birthday to Lu Han whose birthday was the 20th! ^_^

As always, thank you so much for reading, and have a nice day/weekend/week!