Chapter 46

How I Met Your Appa

     

 

Warning: there are ual undertones in this chapter


 

Chapter 46

It was early in the morning when Sehun woke up. He wasn't even sure whether it was morning or not. Maybe it was still night time. Nonetheless he woke up by a light poke on his forehead and a small voice saying his name.

"Appa."

He didn't want to wake up just yet. He wanted to just curl up next to his husband, but that couldn't be arranged. Not with two four-year-olds. That was the prize of kids, he guessed. But he didn't mind. He loved his kids.

"Appa."

He decided he'd better show the kid that he was awake before he would speak any louder and wake up Zitao lying next to him. Sehun opened his eyes.

"Hey, Junhong," he mumbled with a smile and patted his son's arm. "What's the matter?" Sehun yawned.

"I peed my bed."

So many thoughts ran through Sehun's head. First, he suddenly got very awake. Second, he wanted nothing more than to just sleep in, ignoring the kid. But he couldn't do that. Third, he figured he'd better do something about it.

Sehun sat up in the bed. "What time is it..." he mumbled and looked at the watch on the night stand. 4 am.

He turned his attention to the kid, whose lip trembled and eyes were watering. "Hey, sweetie, don't be sad. It's okay." Sehun smiled at his son, making sure to sound reassuring. But Junhong didn't smile back, instead his tears started falling down his cheeks.

"Hey... Junhong, why are you crying? There's no need to be sad. You didn't do anything wrong," Sehun said, as he wrapped his arms around his son and whispered reassuringly. He kissed his head. "Is it because it's uncomfortable?" He put Junhong out from his embrace so he could look at him. Junhong quietly nodded while he sobbed.

"And... embarrassing..." he said while the tears kept falling.

"Oh, no, sweetie." Sehun wrapped his arms around the little body again, hugging his son tightly. "It's not embarrassing. Everyone's done it. But nobody has to know about it, if you don't want them to. We can keep it a secret, you and I. Do you want that?"

Junhong nodded and Sehun wiped the tears away from his face.

"Okay." Sehun smiled at him. "The others are probably still sleeping so we can't fix the bed right now, but we need to get you into some clean clothes, okay? I'll get your bag from the room, you just stay here." Sehun kissed his head once again before standing and leaving to go to the other room to get the boy's bag with his clothes. Soon he came back with the bag in his hand.

"Okay, got your clothes," Sehun said with a smile as he took some clean pajamas from the bag. Junhong had stopped crying and put on his clean clothes.

"You can sleep in here tonight. Then tomorrow I'll fix your bed," Sehun said and Junhong nodded with a smile as he climbed up the bed and laid down in the middle. Sehun smiled and got under the covers as well.

Zitao groaned and rolled to his back. He turned his head and looked at Sehun and Junhong.

"What are you doing here?" he asked Junhong with a sleepy voice.

"It's a secret," Sehun said and winked at Junhong who grinned. Zitao narrowed his eyes at Sehun, but Sehun just smiled at him with an apologetic shrug and laid down in bed.

 

Later when everyone had awoken, they ate breakfast and Sehun changed the sheets on Junhong's bed. The adults then played outside with all the kids, except for Namjoo, Minki and Taehyung who sat on the couch indoors. Namjoo was sitting in the middle with a phone in her hand, and the three kids were grinning and laughing as they looked at the little screen. They were taking selcas.

"Okay okay, one more!" Namjoo said, a big smile on her face that showed off her dimples. Taehyung stuck out his tongue and Minki pursed his lips, and Namjoo clicked on the screen to take a picture. Then she clicked on the button going to the home screen and found the photo gallery. Now they would flip through all their pictures; deleting or saving.

"Hey, what are you guys doing?" Lu Han came inside noticing the three kids on the couch. Yixing walked in after him. "Why aren't you playing outside?"

"We're taking pictures," Namjoo answered, beginning to flip through every single one of them.

"Oh, can we see them?" Yixing asked interested and the two adults walked closer, standing behind the couch to look over the backrest.

"And whose phone is that?" Lu Han asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Uncle Taemin's," Namjoo and Minki said at the same time. Lu Han smirked. Of course, it was.

The kids flipped through the pictures, showing every bit of fun they had had with their laughing, grimacing and scowling faces, and Lu Han and Yixing smiled at the pictures. But then after the twentieth picture of the kids, they started changing to different images.

"Hey, that's uncle Jongin!" Taehyung exclaimed as he pointed at the screen which showed Jongin's smiling face. Namjoo swiped again and a different picture of Changjo and Taehyung was shown: the pictures were taken on this trip. The following pictures were also taken on this vacation, but suddenly one picture stood out from the rest: it was Jongin laying in a bed, covered from the waist down in a white blanket with no shirt on, probably no pants, and a seducing smirk on his face. It was obvious that he was posing, but Namjoo quickly swiped to the next picture, finding it boring, before neither Lu Han or Yixing managed to react.

"Woah, no! No, no, no!" Yixing and Lu Han both exclaimed and Lu Han took the phone from Namjoo's hand as the girl had pressed play. The three kids stared at them confused.

It had been a video; not very long, but Lu Han quickly stopped it. Jongin had lain in bed, not wearing anything, sweaty and . The video had been filmed from somewhere between Jongin's stomach and legs, so all they could see were Jongin's sweaty stomach and chest and his face. Lu Han had stopped it before the video could reach its anticipated .

The two adults looked at each other with wide eyes but the three kids seemed oblivious to the situation.

"Why couldn't we watch it?" Namjoo asked, kind of disappointed.

"Was uncle Jongin sick?" Taehyung asked.

"Why did he keep ?" Minki wondered.

"I think he was sick," Taehyung told him.

"If he was sick he shouldn't be ," Minki said knowledgeable.

Namjoo nodded. "He should have put on some clothes."

Lu Han and Yixing just looked at each other. But since the kids kept asking questions, they couldn't ignore them for long.

"He wasn't sick," Yixing said and the three got silent, looking at them interested. But the two didn't know what else to say. Instead they glanced at each other for a second, then turned around and walked through the open glass door with the phone in Lu Han's hand.

"Hey!" Namjoo exclaimed and the three kids followed quickly behind.

"You! And you!" Lu Han called, pointing at Taemin and Jongin as they were in the middle of playing soccer with the kids. Taemin and Jongin looked questioningly at them, then at each other, before walking closer to their hyungs.

"What is it?" Jongin asked.

"Why did you just leave?" Minki asked slightly irritated, when he and the other two caught up to their uncles on the field. The two 5-year-olds and the 6-year-old all looked up at their uncles, feeling offended and confused.

"Just... go play or something," Yixing said, still very shocked at what he'd seen. The kids looked hesitant at them for a second; they hadn't heard that indifferent tone from their uncle before. But nonetheless they went over to their cousins who were sitting on the grass.

"What is it, Lu Han hyung?" Taemin asked.

"This is yours," Lu Han said and shoved the phone into Taemin's hand. Taemin looked surprised for a moment then smiled.

"Thank you," he said.

Lu Han and Yixing didn't say anything else, making Jongin furrow his eyebrows. It seemed as there was something they needed to confront them with.

"What is it, hyung?" Jongin asked and looked from Lu Han to Yixing to get an answer.

Yixing hesitated.

"The kids... the kids used your phone, Taemin, and as they were flipping through the pictures they had taken, they came upon something..." he finally managed to say.

"What?" Taemin looked at them confused as he furrowed his eyebrows. Then he looked down at the phone in his hand and flipped through the pictures himself, before getting to the possibly revealed picture and video. He covered his mouth with his hand and looked at his hyungs with wide eyes.

Lu Han and Yixing looked down. Jongin just looked confused from one to another, before grabbing the phone from Taemin's hand and seeing for himself. When he noticed the video, he sighed, rolled his eyes and shook his head, as he shot a blaming look towards his husband. Taemin looked apologetically back at him.

"What did they say? Did they watch it?" Jongin asked Lu Han and Yixing. They nodded.

"They thought you were sick and said you needed to put some clothes on," Lu Han said. "Also, they asked why you kept ."

"And what did you say?"

"I said you weren't sick," Yixing said. Jongin sighed.

"What should I say to them?" He looked towards the small kids playing in the grass. He couldn't help but smile as they were laughing unaffected.

"I don't know. Maybe you don't need to explain anything to them. It didn't seem like they had a big interest in it. Rather that it was quite boring; they quickly swiped away from the photo," Lu Han explained.

"They didn't seem to understand it," Yixing added. "Don't say anything to them, unless they bring the topic up themselves."

Taemin and Jongin nodded.

"But I suggest you either put a lock on your phone or keep it with you at all causes. Or just delete that picture and video," Lu Han said firmly. Taemin nodded and looked at the ground embarrassed and Jongin looked at him blameful once again. Then Lu Han and Yixing returned to the terrace and Taemin and Jongin went back to the soccer game - after Jongin had taken the phone out of Taemin's hand and shoved it into his own back pocket.

After the game, they stayed outside on the grass for a while, talking and congratulating the winning team. But something in the grass caught Aron's eye.

"Hey, whose this?" he said and bend down to pick the item up. He looked at the phone in his hand.

"Whose that?" Byunghun came over to him.

"I don't know." Aron shrugged. He clicked on the button to light up the screen, trying to find out who it belonged to. But the screen didn't lead to a background showing a picture of the owner; instead the phone was already in an application, displaying a video. Aron furrowed his eyebrows and Byunghun curiously clicked on the play button. Aron's jaw dropped and Byunghun covered his mouth with his hand, both boys staring at the screen wide-eyed.

"Oh no! No no!" Taemin ran over to the boys and grabbed the phone from Aron's hand - hopefully before the video reached its peak. The eight- and seven-year-olds stared blankly at Aron's hand where the phone had been a moment before.

Jongin walked over to the three, determined, and grabbed Taemin by the wrist before pulling him indoors. Probably to scold him invisible for everyone else.

Minseok and Yi Fan came over to Aron and Byunghun.

"What's wrong?" Yi Fan asked Aron. Aron just looked up at him with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"Why did your parents walk away like that so fast?" Minseok asked Byunghun. The boy had an almost frightened look on his face.

"Boys, what did you see?" Yi Fan asked firmly, wanting to get an answer from either one of them.

Aron just shook his head without uttering a word.

"Hey, what's going on?" Chanyeol came over to them, but his smile faded as he sensed the seriousness surrounding them. "What happened?"

"Aron and Byunghun saw something, but they don't want to tell us what it is," Yi Fan said as he kept looking at the kids. He knelt. "Aron, Byunghun, we can't help you or get rid of whatever terrified you, if you don’t tell us what it is." He looked up at each of them, waiting for an answer.

Suddenly Lu Han and Yixing were by their side. They'd been sitting on the terrace talking, and they'd seen Aron pick something up from the ground, whereas his and Byunghun's facial expressions changed drastically. They had a pretty good idea of what had been the cause to that.

Lu Han leaned in and whispered something in Minseok's ear, and Minseok's expression changed to a more understanding one.

"You can't be serious?" he said to Lu Han, but Lu Han just nodded, indicating that he was indeed serious.

"What?" Yi Fan was still left oblivious. He stood back up on his feet again.

Minseok turned around on his heel and marched to the house where Jongin and Taemin had disappeared into. Though it was not his kids that had seen the scene, Minseok was determined on explaining the situation to the two adults and make sure nothing like that would happen again.

"What is it?" Yi Fan asked and Yixing hesitated before whispering something in his ear. Yi Fan's jaw dropped and he looked at the kids before looking at his husband. Yixing just nodded at Yi Fan's unspoken question, and the tall male looked at the kids again, trying to figure out what to say to them. He knelt once again in front of them.

"Guys," he said and Byunghun and Aron looked at him, as he was now slightly shorter. "Taemin and Jongin... What you've seen..." He looked up at his husband who smiled and nodded supportively at him. Yi Fan looked back at his son and nephew again, thinking about how to begin. Then he spoke with a calm, slow voice, making sure the boys had time to take it all in. "What you saw; it's normal for grownups. I'm sorry you had to see it and I can't believe Jongin and Taemin weren't more careful. I'm sure they would like to speak to you about it." He looked at Byunghun for a moment and the kid looked to the ground. Then he turned to both of them again. "I wish you hadn't seen it. But what's done is done, and I hope that both of you can go on with your life, not thinking more about it."

Byunghun just looked at the ground. He didn't say anything. What he'd seen... Why did it have to be his parents? He could never look at them the same way ever again. Why had he clicked the play button?

Aron didn't look at the ground or his parents. He looked elsewhere, staring blankly into space as he put his thoughts together.

"Byunghun!" Minseok called from the terrace as he started going down the hill. Byunghun turned his head and looked at his uncle. "Your parents want to talk to you." Byunghun turned his head back to the ground and slowly shook his head.

"I don't want to..." he mumbled.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Minseok asked as he had reached the little group. Byunghun nodded and together they went back indoors.

As they came inside the house, Minseok lead him down the hallway where Taemin and Jongin were sitting in Zitao and Sehun's bedroom.

"Byunghun," Jongin said and stood from the bed, as his son and friend came inside the room. "Kid, I'm sorry you saw that video." He had knelt to the floor and looked up at his son's face, but Byunghun avoided his gaze.

"Byunghun, please say something," Taemin pleaded. Byunghun glanced at him for a second but then looked away again.

"I don't think I can look at you the same way again," he mumbled. Jongin and Taemin looked at each other.

"Minseok hyung, can you leave us alone for a sec?" Taemin asked Minseok after the silence, as he stood from the bed. Minseok hesitated and looked at Byunghun. Then he nodded and walked outside to the others again, closing the bedroom door behind him.

"Byunghun, I don't know what to say. You shouldn't have seen it. It's my fault that I'm careless regarding my phone. And I'm sorry you had to see that old video..." Taemin said as he knelt in front of Byunghun, like his husband had done. As Taemin said that last sentence, both Jongin and Byunghun looked at him.

"Was it old?" Byunghun asked hesitantly. Taemin nodded.

"Yeah, it's from years back; from before we got you," he replied. Jongin didn't say anything and Byunghun seemed to consider this.

"Why was it on your phone?" he asked.

Taemin shook his head. "I think it was when I wanted to upload some of the pictures from my laptop to the phone and it accidentally made its way in there." He shrugged. "You know I'm not so good with technology."

"But why do you have it?" Byunghun asked.

"You know eomma has a hard time deleting and throwing away old stuff. That's why we still have your old blanket from when you were a baby, too," Jongin said and Taemin glanced at him for a millisecond, before looking back at Byunghun again and nodded agreeing to his husband’s words.

Byunghun was silent for a while, but then he nodded as he settled with their explanation and apology. Jongin and Taemin smiled and hugged him after he seemed to forgive them for their mistake, but Byunghun just pushed them off him as he wasn’t much of a hugger - even though nobody was in there to see him getting a hug from his parents.

"Don't think about it anymore, sweetie," Taemin said.

"It's already deleted," Jongin added, talking about the video. Byunghun nodded and went outside with his parents following, their fingers intertwined behind their backs.

 


 

A/N: Hey, guys! I'm finally uploading another chapter; I'm sorry for the long wait :( But thank you if you're patient with me and keep reading my story <3 :D

So TaeKai had a little "accident"... Taemin you need to stop losing your things, because we all know you have some stuff on your phone xD Poor kids... :/

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please leave a comment and subscribe, if you haven't yet - it'll make me very happy ^_^ And I promise I'll keep uploading :3

Btw, it was obviously not the video that Taemin is filming at the beginning of the chapter ;)