Chapter 32

How I Met Your Appa

                  

EXO and our happy llama, Amber! ^_^

 


Chapter 32

The next day they had decided to go on a trip at sea. The trip on the ship would take a couple of hours, then they would arrive to a small island where they would spend the day and eat lunch.

They arrived at the harbor where the ship lay: it was a big ship that could contain all of them - the big family, the captain and a cabin where he could steer his ship undisturbed - and there were enough room to walk back and forth.

"Wow!" Changjo exclaimed, looking at the ship in front of him as his appa was putting on his life jacket.

"I know!" Jongin replied with a smile, eyeing the ship and was almost as excited as his son.

"Can we go on now?" Taehyung asked, jumping up and down with big eyes; he was too excited to stand still.

"Hold on," Chanyeol mumbled and took a tighter grip on the kid. "I need to make sure your life jacket is closed correctly." He fastened it around Taehyung's waist, but the boy didn't seem to notice as he was only tripping on his small feet, impatient to go onboard.

"Baekhyun, can you please hold onto him a bit? I need to help Luna," Chanyeol asked, holding onto Taehyung's shoulder and waited to let go of him, until he made sure that Baekhyun was by his side. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Calm down, it's only a ship. Nothing's going to happen. You're being paranoid," he said, but held onto Taehyung's shoulder when he received a glare from his husband.

"Yeah, I can't wait to hear you say that when your son falls into the water," Chanyeol mumbled sarcastically while he checked Luna's life jacket. Again Baekhyun just rolled his eyes at him, but didn't comment further.

"Minki, stand still! You have to get your life jacket on," Taeyeon told the boy with a grin when Minki was being cute, stamping his feet on the ground, wanting to go to the ship.

Minki sighed with a pout and let his eomma put the jacket on him, stretching out his arms.

"Amber, you too. Put it on," Joonmyun said as he looked at his daughter glaring down at the vest in her hand. She groaned.

"Why? Are you putting one on? I don't see any adults wearing them. Why should I? Nothing's going to happen to me," she argued with a pout.

"That's not true. See, your uncle Sehun is wearing one now." Joonmyun pointed at the man, as Sehun was glowing a bright orange, helping his son into a life jacket as well. "And I'm putting one on, too. Everyone has to wear life jackets at sea. It can be dangerous."

Amber groaned, but finally put on the jacket, glaring at her appa as he was doing the same.

"Jeesh, Namjoo! Come back here! You are not going on that ship without a life jacket!" Kyungsoo yelled after her when Namjoo was heading towards the ship. She stopped in her tracks and looked hesitantly and wanting at the ship, before reluctantly turning around and tugged herself over to her papa.

"Thank you," Kyungsoo breathed out when she reached him and stretched out her arms for him to put on the life jacket. Kyungsoo sent a glance towards Jongdae, who was helping Jonghyun in one. "How's it going over there? Can you handle it?"

"Relax, Kyungsoo. Of course I can manage to put a bright orange life jacket on my son," Jongdae said with a slight grin. Then he clapped his hands together. "Tadaa! Done!" He admired his own work with a big smile, while the little boy looked down at himself, too, with a scrunched nose.

Kyungsoo only looked up for a second, before returning to his own work again. "Well done, Jongdae. Now, can you put one on yourself?" he mumbled concentrated, as he buttoned the jacket on his daughter.

Jongdae rolled his eyes. "Of course I can! Kyungsoo, you need to calm yourself down. You don't have to worry about us all the time. It's going to be fine!" He started putting on his life jacket. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes.

When they began to go onboard, Namjoo, Taehyung and Minki were the first ones on. Joonmyun and Kyungsoo had to run after them, making sure they weren't going to run around making a mess on the ship. Luckily they only managed to get onboard the ship, before the adults caught them; Kyungsoo holding onto Namjoo's and Taehyung's jackets and Joonmyun holding onto Minki. Everyone else started going onboard as well, Byunghun and Taemin being the last ones.

"Okay listen up, everyone!" The captain started a small lecture on a few ground rules onboard the ship, and just some common manners accordingly. Of course none of the kids were listening, as they were too excited actually being onboard and their eyes flew in every direction, scanning every corner and finding the best playing locations. When the lecture was done, the adults applauded and thanked him, and he returned to his cabin.

"Did you listen to what the captain told us?" Yi Fan turned to them all, talking with his loud demanding voice. He was standing in front, facing all the kids trying to get their attention. Suddenly the engine started roaring and the ship shifted from the harbor, slowly making its way out on the open.

Aron quickly nodded, starting to breathe heavily as he stared at the floor of the ship. He grabbed Yixing's shirt, who was standing beside him, and his baba looked down at him, worried. Yi Fan continued.

"The captain told us that we need to be careful and not run around on the ship." He looked at the younger kids warningly, though they were still just looking around excitedly. He sighed and just hoped that they were listening to what he was saying. "And you must keep your life jackets on at all times. The waves are not big today, he told us, but the ship can still be a bit unsteady, as we are out on the ocean. Do you hear what I'm saying to you?"

Most kids nodded understandingly at their uncle's words. Except for Namjoo, Taehyung and Minki.

"Kids, please listen to what your uncle Yi Fan is telling you; it's important," Joonmyun said, trying to help Yi Fan gain their attention. Minki nodded absentmindedly.

"Namjoo, what did uncle Yi Fan just tell you?" Kyungsoo asked her, forcing her attention. She shrugged. "He told you not to run around on the ship and that you have to keep your life jacket on at all times. Do you understand?" he asked and she nodded.

"Can I go play now?" she asked.

"Namjoo, do not get yourself into trouble. You are not allowed to run on the deck. Do you hear me?" he asked again demandingly, trying desperately to make her understand the seriousness. She looked at her appa instead.

"Be careful, Namjoo," Jongdae told her with a smile. She smiled back with a nod.

Kyungsoo straightened up and turned to Jongdae. "You can't just tell her to be careful. She needs to know that she cannot run around."

"Relax, sweetie; she won't get harmed." Jongdae put his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders, though Kyungsoo just shot him an angry glare.

"Taehyung, don't run and don't take off your life jacket, okay?" Chanyeol said to his son who just nodded, before walking off with Namjoo and Minki. Chanyeol rolled his eyes with a sigh and Baekhyun grabbed his hand to calm him down and reassure him.

Aron tugged on Yixing's shirt once more, as the ship made a turn and released itself completely from the harbor. Yixing kneeled down to face him.

"What's wrong, Aron? Are you okay?" He touched his forehead with the back of his hand, before caressing his cheek. Aron had closed his eyes and breathed out slowly. He shook his head at the question.

"I'm not feeling very well..." he mumbled, speaking in Chinese.

Yixing looked up at Yi Fan who came closer.

"Aron's seasick. Is there something we can do?" he asked Yi Fan, switching to Chinese as well, and Yi Fan shook his head thinking.

"Maybe he needs to lie down," he suggested. Yixing nodded.

"Okay, Aron, dad's going to carry you to the front of the deck where you can lie down," Yixing told his son gently, and Aron slowly nodded his head, before Yi Fan put Aron's arms around his shoulders and carried him bridal style towards the front of the ship. Yixing followed closely behind. When they came to the front, Aron was gently and calmly put down to lie on the long bench that was going all the way round on the front deck. Yixing sat down by Aron's head.

"He got seasick in China too," Yixing said to Yi Fan, speaking their native language, as he gently brushed some bangs out of Aron's eyes. Aron still had them closed and his skin was slightly pale.

Yi Fan nodded. "It's going to get over soon. It was only in the beginning and end of the trip, remember?" Yixing nodded.

"Hey, what's going on, guys?" Joonmyun came over to them and sat down next to Yixing.

"Aron's seasick," Yixing told him, switching back to Korean when speaking to his friend.

"Oh," Joonmyun said. "Zitao's too." He pointed at the tall Chinese maknae, who was sitting on the edge of the bench across from them, head down staring at the floor and breathing in and out slowly. They watched as Sehun came over to him with a bucket.

"Lu Han hyung gave me this," he said and put the bucket down between Zitao's legs. "If you throw up."

"I'm not going to throw up, Sehun." Zitao sounded annoyed. "I'm just a little dizzy. It's going to be over in a minute."

Sehun didn't say anything, but sat down beside his husband and patted his back.

On the other end of the deck, completely away from the others, Taemin lay on the floor, his head resting in Jongin's lap. Changjo was sitting by his side and Byunghun up on the bench.

"I just don't see why we can't sit with the others." Jongin pouted. "They're all at the other end of the ship... having fun without us..."

"I don't want them to see me like this," Taemin mumbled with closed eyes. Jongin patted his forehead, gently brushing his hair away from his face.

"There's no shame in being seasick, baby," Jongin told him.

Taemin sighed, trying to control his breathing. "I know, Nini. But I still don't want them to see me like this." Jongin sighed.

"But can I go? Please, Taeminnie?" he pleaded with a small pout. Taemin opened his eyes halfway.

"Jonginnie!" he exclaimed with a whine.

"I know, baby, I'm sorry, but I'm on a ship!" Jongin said apologetically. "And I'm not seasick. I love the ocean!" He pouted. Taemin sighed, seeing this. He couldn't force his husband to stay with him, knowing he would feel left out.

"Fine..." he mumbled and Jongin beamed.

"Thank you!" Jongin carefully lifted Taemin's head so he could stand up. But before he left, he leaned down and kissed him on the forehead. "I love you!" he whispered cutely against his skin and Taemin couldn't help but smile. Then Jongin took off his life jacket.

"Jongin!" Taemin exclaimed and widened his eyes at this. "Don't take that off!"

"Wait, hold on," his husband reassured him and took off his hoodie. "I'm not going to let my husband suffer on the hard ground." He kneeled down to Taemin's head, lifted it and placed his hoodie. "You're welcome." He stood back up and put on his life jacket once again. Taemin smiled thankfully at him as he lay back down.

"Come, Changjo!" Jongin extended his hand towards the boy with a smile, when his life jacket was fastened once again. Changjo grabbed his hand, and Jongin turned to Byunghun. "Do you want to come, too?" Byunghun hesitated but then shook his head. Jongin shrugged, and he and Changjo left to go to the other side of the ship to join the others.

"Are you seasick too?" Taemin quickly looked at Byunghun before closing his eyes.

Byunghun nodded his head, though his eomma couldn't see. "I don't like the way it moves."

"Me neither," Taemin mumbled.

Meanwhile on the other side of the ship, Jonghyun, Hayoung and Junhong were sitting on the floor. They were sitting in the middle of the deck, playing with some stuffed animals they had brought with them from home. Junhong was sitting with his panda, Hayoung with her horse, and Jonghyun with his Agumon plushy.

On the bench Sohee was sitting with a book that she was currently reading. Luna was sitting, staring out at the ocean, enjoying the view. Ji Yong was leaning against his appa, as he wasn't very fond of sailing. Chanhee was as Luna, also enjoying the view, while he took photos of the ocean and himself in front of it. Lu Han was sitting on the bench, looking at the young kids while he was talking with Kyungsoo, Yixing and Chanyeol. Aron had slowly started to feel better, as they were now on the still ocean. Yi Fan sat beside his son, making sure he was okay at all times, while talking with Sandara. Jongdae and Baekhyun were loudly talking and laughing together, sometimes pointing at something in the ocean, but not really caring much about their other surroundings. Joonmyun and Taeyeon were sitting holding hands and enjoying the beautiful view around them.

Suddenly three kids came running across the deck, laughing. In front of them Amber was walking hastily, also with a huge grin on her face.

"Stop following me!" she exclaimed, but couldn't hide her smile from the fun. Her cousins just laughed and ran after her, making her take up pace so she was running slightly.

"Do not run on the ship!" Kyungsoo stood from his seat, noticing this. The four kids all stopped in their tracks, their laughing expressions turning fearful as they looked at Kyungsoo with wide eyes. They were surprised to hear him yell at them and turned their gazes to the floor. "I'm sorry I yelled at you," Kyungsoo sighed and walked over to them. "But it's the rule on a ship: don't run."

Amber nodded. "I'm sorry, uncle Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo smiled slightly at her apologize. "It's okay. But don't do it again. Dangerous things can happen on a ship."

"Calm down, Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo felt a hand on his shoulder. "No harm done."

"I'm sorry, Baekhyun, but I can't be as calm as you on a ship, knowing how many dangerous things can happen out here if you don't respect the sea." Baekhyun rolled his eyes at him. "Besides I don't only have two kids today, but three." He glared at Jongdae, who had followed Baekhyun to them.

"Hey!" he exclaimed. "I'm not a kid!"

"Though you sometimes act like one," Kyungsoo mumbled. Jongdae pouted.

"Are you going to be mad today?" he asked, in a tone not angry nor mad, just questioning and sad. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and left them.

"I think he already is mad," Baekhyun told his friend.

"I'm sorry I ran, eomma," Taehyung said, tugging on Baekhyun's hand. Baekhyun looked down at him.

"It's okay, baby, just don't tell your appa." Baekhyun quickly glanced towards Chanyeol, hoping he hadn't noticed anything. Taehyung nodded obeying.

"Is papa mad at me?" Namjoo looked up at Jongdae as he took her and Minki's hands in his, walking back to the place where he and Baekhyun had been sitting before.

"No, I couldn't imagine that," Jongdae said, hoping he wasn't mad at him either.

 


 

A/N: Hey, my dear readers! I'm sorry it took so long for me to upload. I was in Spain from Tuesday to Tuesday.. My plane got cancelled so I was "stuck" in Malaga for two extra days and arrived late in the evening last Tuesday. Then I got sick and wasn't really up for uploading a new chapter, so I decided to wait til the weekend... I'm still sick, though... T^T

But anyways, did you like this chapter?? ^_^ If you did, please comment and subscribe; it makes me incredibly happy :D

And happy birthday to Xiumin, who's birthday was yesterday!! ^_^

Thank you so much for reading my story :3