Chapter 8

How I Met Your Appa

Chapter eight

They had planned to meet each other in the holiday. The summer holiday coming up in a week. And this time it was going to be with all the members and kids: they had persuaded Yi Fan and Yixing to come to Korea during the vacation, which hadn't been very hard since they missed them too, and the rest hadn't been difficult to convince either: it was summer vacation after all and nobody had school or work to do.

Now the mission was to find a place to be. Zitao had suggested they went on vacation to another country; preferably a warm one. But the others had argued that it would be too expensive. Jongdae had then suggested they just rented a house to live in a couple of weeks. That sounded good. And they had agreed that it should either be a house by a beach or a house with a swimming pool. Baekhyun had said he wanted to find it, and so they settled with that. And of course the most important agreement: no work.

They were leaving Sunday, and Yi Fan, Yixing and their eight year old son would arrive in the airport Saturday afternoon. Joonmyun and his family would pick them up and so they would be sleeping at their place for the night. Amber had wanted to come with Joonmyun to pick them up, and Taeyeon stayed at home preparing dinner and cleaning up a bit, while Minki didn't go because then there wouldn't be enough space in the car. As they stood there in the airport, waiting for the little family to arrive, many people came out of the plane and it was only when few people were left, that Joonmyun's daughter noticed them.

"Uncle Yi Fan!" she called and waved with a big smile. And there they were: the tall dad with his fashionable hat, black sunglasses and long trench coat; the dad with a standard shirt and tank top, too with black sunglasses; and the son wearing a cap, boyish jacket and earphones. All three carrying big bags. As they noticed the two people waving and smiling at them, they happily smiled back walking towards them.

Amber managed to throw her arms around Yi Fan, who laughed and hugged her back, before her dad could. Luckily he laughed too and gave Yi Fan a big hug after Amber had let him go.

"How have you been? I missed you," Joonmyun said, and gave Yixing a hug too.

"We've been good. I finished a movie that's going to be in the cinema a day in the winter and Yixing's doing great too," Yi Fan said. Then he looked down at his son and lightly slapped his shoulder, gaining his attention. "Take those earphones out, Aron, and say hi to your uncle and cousin!" Aron did as he was told and gave both Amber, who was a year older than him, and Joonmyun a hug. Then they went to Joonmyun's car and drove back home to their house.

The first they were met by was the wonderful smell of stew coming from the kitchen, and they all breathed in.

"Smells good," Yi Fan commented as they took their coats off and put their bags in the hallway.

"Taeyeon, Minki, we're home!" Joonmyun called and his wife and son came to the hallway, greeting their quests.

"Hi!" Taeyeon smiled and gave them all a hug. "Dinner's almost ready, so I hope you're hungry." Then she left to the kitchen again.

"Should I help her? I would love to help her, she doesn't need to make such an effort for us," Yixing said, already feeling like a burden, but Joonmyun just smiled at him.

"No need. I'm sure she's almost done anyway, and you're our guests for tonight. There's no need to think you're a burden for us. We're happy to have you!" he said. "Now, go to the dining room and I'll be coming with drinks!" With that being said, he also left to the kitchen and Yi Fan, Yixing and the kids went to the dining room.

"So, kids," Yixing started as he sat on a chair. "How's school?"

"Fine," Amber replied. They looked at Minki.

"Fine," he said.

"Nothing exciting happened lately?"

They shook their heads.

"I hear you started playing basketball. How's that going?" Yi Fan asked Amber and her face immediately brightened up.

"That's good. It's so much fun and the coach says I'm good too!" she beamed. "Did appa tell you that?" Yi Fan nodded.

"Aron plays too. Perhaps we can play on the vacation?" Yi Fan suggested. Amber and Aron nodded.

"I'm going to beat you, noona," Aron said to Amber and she glanced at him.

"Oh yeah? I'll bet you my best cap that I'll win!"

Aron stuck his tongue out at her as she did the same, and Yi Fan and Yixing smiled at them. The two were really good friends, even though they picked on each other and teased, but that was just for fun. They always challenged each other and each wanted to become better than the other.

"Maybe we could form teams on the trip? I'm sure that Lu Han hyung and others would like to join too," Yixing said. "I would like to as well, if I may?" Amber and Aron nodded.

"Here's drinks!" Joonmyun came in with a tray of filled glasses: four wine glasses and three water glasses, supposedly with lemonade. "Cheers!" he said, as all had taken a glass, and they toasted, bringing them together.

The dinner was lovely: the food was delicious and the company was good. They all laughed and talked, and as they were done Yixing helped Taeyeon carry out the plates and clean. Yi Fan, Joonmyun and the kids watched television, though Amber and Aron used most time playing and arguing with each other, and Minki fell asleep resting his head in his appa's lap.

 

The next morning they woke up and ate breakfast together. They had agreed with the rest of the members that they would meet up with them around one o'clock at the house Baekhyun had rented. They had also decided that, even though Joonmyun and Taeyeon both had a car, Yi Fan, Yixing and Aron would just split up and ride with two other families. Therefore half past twelve it rang on the door and Jongin stood outside with his family consisting of Taemin, seven year old Byunghun and five year old Changjo. They welcomed them inside and waited for Sehun and his family to come, so they could follow each other to the house. A quarter of an hour later Sehun, Zitao and the two kids, Junhong and Hayoung, came, and they all went to the three cars, ready to drive to the house. Yi Fan sat in the back of Taeyeon's car between Amber and Minki (Minki was sitting in a child seat); Yixing drove with Sehun and Zitao, sitting between the two child seats in the back; and Aron sat next to Byunghun in Taemin's car.

When they arrived at the house ten past one, two cars were parked there indicating that two families had come. They took their bags and together went to the front of the house, knocking on the door. Soon Baekhyun came to open - naturally he was the first one to arrive, since it was him that had talked with the renter.

"Hi! Welcome!" he greeted with a big smile and invited them all in. It was a big house consisting of a big kitchen, living room and dining room and it had a huge garden with a green lawn and swimming pool. They couldn't tell how many bedrooms there were as they were both down some hallways and upstairs.

"Wow, it's so big!" Joonmyun said as he came inside. "And there are enough rooms?" Baekhyun nodded.

"There are enough rooms for the adults and enough beds for everyone. I figured the kids can sleep together."

"Hello!" Lu Han came to the living room where they were currently standing. He smiled and gave them all a hug. "It's good to see you. The others are in the bedrooms, unpacking. Me and Minseok have chosen a bedroom upstairs, and of course Baekhyun and Chanyeol have chosen the master bedroom down here. The kids are discussing where to sleep and with who, so if you want to have an opinion on that, they are upstairs in mine and Minseok's bedroom: the first door to the right." He smiled at the kids, who all hurriedly took off their shoes, forgetting all about their luggage, and ran up the stairs. The parents laughed heartily, taking their own luggage and looking around the house.

The kids swung the door open to Lu Han and Minseok's current bedroom and as Lu Han had told them, all the kids and Minseok were in there. Minseok was unpacking while the children were sitting on the bed discussing who they would share a room with. As the seven kids came inside the room, both Minseok and the kids sitting on the bed looked surprised up from what they were doing at the sudden noise. The kids jumped off the bed and happily hugged their cousins whom they've missed. Minseok on the other hand didn't look so satisfied.

"Okay, listen!" he said and gained everyone's attention. "It's really good to see you all, but if you have to discuss stuff, I'd appreciate it if you went to another place to do it." The kids obediently walked out the room and down to the living room. The adults were nowhere to see anywhere, as they supposedly had found a bedroom each and were settling their stuff.

"Okay, so who will be sharing a room?" Byunghun asked, as they had taken a seat in the big couch and in the armchairs surrounding.

"I don't care. I'm not sharing a room with any of you, but myself," Ji Yong said.

"But if there's not enough rooms, hyung?" Aron said. He had lived his entire life in China, but his parents and uncles had taught him Korean since his birth, so he was quite good at it. Also, his dad had taught him English, so he could speak that slightly too.

"Do you know how many rooms there are?" Amber asked the ones who'd arrived before them.

"Thirteen," Luna replied.

"Okay, we know that our parents all need a room, so there's six left for us to share," Amber said.

"And I've taken one," Ji Yong said.

"I will share a room with Sohee unnie," Luna said. "We've agreed on that beforehand." Sohee smiled and nodded.

"Who would you like to share a room with?" Amber asked her little cousin, Hayoung.

"Namjoo unnie," she said. Amber nodded.

"Okay," she said.

"I'll sleep with Jonghyun!" Minki exclaimed.

"Okay, let's hope he'll agree on that," Amber said. "Will you three then share together?" she asked Taehyung, Changjo and Junhong. They all smiled happily and nodded. "Great!" she said. "Should we share a room together then?" She had turned to Aron and Byunghun.

"Of course!" Aron said gladly.

"What about Chanhee? He's not gotten any roommate," Byunghun said.

"Right. Who would you like to share with, Chanhee?"

Chanhee shrugged. "I don't care."

"But how are the rooms organized? I mean according to the beds," Byunghun said.

"There's one room with two bunk beds, the rest are either with single beds or one king sized bed," Luna said as she had memorized them all.

"Then if we get the bunk bed room, the four of us can sleep in there," Aron said to Amber, Byunghun and Chanhee, who nodded.

"So we've figured it out?" Ji Yong said, and they nodded. "Great!" Then he stood up and left to get his bag into his room.

Just when the others got up from their seats to get their bags too, they heard wheels and the thud of car doors being shut.

"It's uncle Jongdae!" Taehyung exclaimed excitedly and the kids all ran to the hallway, opening the door to see the Kim Do family getting out of their car and taking their bags from the trunk.

"Jonghyun!" Minki called and Jonghyun turned his head and smiled at the waving boy. Jongdae turned his head too and smiled.

"Hello kids!" he said and walked towards them with his backpack over his shoulder. "Are we the last ones?" The kids nodded. Namjoo and Jonghyun followed their dad to the door. Behind them a sixteen year old girl with sunglasses, a beanie, tight jeans and a t-shirt came out from the front of the car. She went to the trunk and took out a big shoulder bag, before walking towards the house together with Kyungsoo.

"Who's that?" Minki whispered.

The girl and Kyungsoo reached the house and Kyungsoo said: "Hi, kids!" with a smile. But as the kids only kept staring at the sixteen year old, he said: "This is Sandara. Maybe you don't remember her, it's been some years since you last saw her. Most of you were three. It's Ryeowook's daughter."

"Is she going to stay here?" Taehyung asked hesitantly. Kyungsoo sighed and smiled.

"Yes, she is."

"Can we come in? Not because it's cold, but because it's a bit awkward just standing in the doorway and our bags are heavy," Jongdae said as no one said anything for a while. The kids giggled and stood aside so the new coming family could come in. "Thank you."

 


A/N: Now everyone's in the story! :D

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank you to everyone who's reading :)