Christmas Bonus

How I Met Your Appa

                            

Here is EXO elves and SHINee santas for you :3


 

Christmas Bonus

 

Lu Han rubbed his eyes with a yawn. Then he looked to his side and smiled. Minseok was so beautiful, even in his sleep. Lu Han maneuvered closer to his husband silently and kissed his forehead. Minseok opened his eyes, when Lu Han caressed his hair.

“Good morning, beautiful husband,” Lu Han said. Minseok smiled sleepily.

“Good morning, Han,” he mumbled.

“Did you sleep well?” Lu Han asked and kissed Minseok’s cheek.

“Mmh,” Minseok nodded with closed eyes and a smile.

“That’s good,” Lu Han smiled. “It’s Christmas Eve tonight.”

“I know. It’s going to be nice to have a relaxed Christmas for a change; just us and the kids,” Minseok smiled and looked at Lu Han.

“Yes. I’m so excited to just celebrate Christmas the five of us,” Lu Han said. “Not that I don’t love everyone else, but it’s nice to have this holiday for just us this year.”

“I agree. It’s going to be so good and mellow,” Minseok said and closed his eyes again, wanting to sleep just a little bit longer before the world woke up.

Lu Han kissed Minseok’s hand. Then he kissed his shoulder and his neck. Minseok smiled and suppressed a moan.

“I have an early Christmas present for you, Minseokkie,” Lu Han mumbled and ran his fingers down Minseok’s chest, tickling him slightly at the soft touch.

“Oh,” Minseok mumbled. “You don’t have to, Han. I… mmh. Nevermind…”

 

Changjo stood in the living room and looked at his parents. His appa was making gestures with his hands and his eomma looked defeated.

“Taemin, you can’t be serious. I told you yesterday that you had to buy Christmas dinner, because I would be home late, and it’s already late buying groceries the day before Christmas Eve,” Jongin said to his husband.

“I’m sorry, Jonginnie. I forgot, okay?” Taemin said.

“No, it’s not okay, Taemin! What are we supposed to do now? What are we going to eat today?” Jongin asked and his hands fell to his sides.

Taemin sighed. “I don’t know… But I’ll handle it! Okay?” he said, not waiting for a reply before he walked to the hallway.

“Wait! I’m coming with you,” Jongin called after him. He turned to Changjo shortly. “Your brother is in charge, okay? Be good, and listen to what he says. We’ll be home soon.” Then he followed Taemin to the hallway and a minute later Changjo heard the door close behind them.

 

“Merry Christmas, everyone!” Kibum cheered, walking into the living room where his kids were sitting on the couch, watching television.

“Merry Christmas, eomma,” Chorong said back.

“Merry Christmas,” Youngbae said, too, and added, “What are we doing today?”

 “Well,” Kibum began when Jonghyun joined them in the living room. Jonghyun put his arm around Kibum. “We were thinking that, since we’re celebrating Christmas just the six of us this year, it would be nice to just have a really nice relaxing day and evening together. You know, just cuddling in pajamas, maybe playing some board games or watching some movies together, and drinking hot chocolate. What do you think about that idea?”

“Of course we will only do it if you are onboard with the idea,” Jonghyun added and Kibum nodded.

“I think it’s a brilliant idea!” Chorong said.

“Yeah! Can we start by watching Finding Nemo?” Jimin asked. Kibum and Jonghyun grinned.

“What do you think, Youngbae?” Jonghyun asked his oldest son.

“Sure. It’s sounds nice,” he replied.

“What about you, Kookie? Do you want to stay in your pajamas all day?” Kibum asked the four-year-old, and Jungkook nodded.

“Yes!”

“Can we watch Finding Nemo now?” Jimin asked again.

“Of course, Jimminie!” Jonghyun smiled. “We’ll bring some blankets in here, too, to get it cozier.”

“We’re going to have such a nice day today; just huddled together under the blankets, watching movies, eating cookies and drinking hot cocoa,” Kibum said and his husband kissed his cheek before going to bring more blankets to the living room.

 

Changjo and Byunghun were playing Ludo in the living room, when Jongin and Taemin came home.

“Hey, guys,” Taemin greeted his kids with a smile.

“Hey,” Byunghun said. “What are we eating tonight?”

Jongin looked from Changjo to Byunghun. “Very few stores were open.” He glanced at Taemin. “We’ve bought two chickens. That’s the best we could find.”

Byunghun snorted. “Chicken on Christmas Eve?”

“We’re sorry, Byunghun. We were too late out,” Taemin said.

“Are you okay with eating chicken and rice tonight?” Jongin asked both his boys.

“We’re always eating chicken and rice. I thought tonight was going to be special!” Byunghun said.

“We also thought about calling some of your uncles to ask if we could eat at their house tonight,” Taemin said. “How would you feel about that?”

“And don’t get your hopes up; we agreed not to celebrate Christmas together this year, so we can’t promise you that it can happen,” Jongin said.

“Can we ask uncle Minseok and uncle Lu Han?” Byunghun’s face lit up.

“Sure,” Jongin said.

“I want to go to Jonghyun and Namjoo’s house or Taehyung’s house. Can we do that?” Changjo asked.

“We can ask,” Jongin said.

“Appa and I are going to make the calls now. Just behave and don’t expect too much, okay, guys?” Taemin said and Byunghun and Changjo nodded.

 

“Hello, Jongin,” Baekhyun answered the phone.

Hello, hyung. Merry Christmas!” Jongin said on the other end.

“Merry Christmas to you, too! How’s it going?” Baekhyun smiled.

Actually, we have a bit of a situation over here… We kind of forgot to buy the Christmas dinner.”

“Really?”

Yes… So now we’re hoping to celebrate Christmas with some of our good friends…”

Baekhyun knew where this was going. “Oh, I’m sorry, Jongin. But actually our oven is broken, so we’re looking for another place to celebrate Christmas, too.” He looked at Chanyeol who was on the phone with Jongdae.

Oh… that’s too bad. I’m sorry to hear that, hyung.

“That’s actually perfect!” Baekhyun suddenly exclaimed.

Um, what, hyung?

“We can bring our food to your house! Your oven works, right?” Baekhyun asked excitedly.

Yes, it does.

“Can we come celebrate Christmas at your house then? We’ll eat our food and we’ll use your oven,” Baekhyun suggested.

Sure! Of course! That’s a good idea, hyung. You can come over. Just text us when you’re on your way,” Jongin said.

“Okay. We’ll probably leave in a couple of hours then. This is so great! See you later, Jongin,” Baekhyun said.

Bye, hyung,” Jongin said and they hung up the phone.

 

“Chanyeol asks if he and Baekhyun can come over later to celebrate Christmas. Their oven doesn’t work,” Jongdae told Kyungsoo, while holding his phone to his chest so Chanyeol couldn’t hear them talking.

They looked at each other, both of them thinking of what to answer.

“Let’s just say yes. It’s only four more people,” Kyungsoo said with a shrug. “We can manage to clean up before they come, so I guess it’s fine.”

Jongdae nodded and put the phone to his ear again. “Chanyeol? You can come.”

Great! Thank you so much.

“You can come around…” He looked at his husband. “Five o’clock?”

Sure!

“Good. We’ll see you then. Bye!”

Bye

“If you vacuum around the house, I’ll get the kids to take a shower,” Kyungsoo said.

“Okay,” Jongdae kissed his husband and went to get the vacuum. Kyungsoo smiled successfully.

 

Taemin put his phone in his pocket just as Jongin finished his conversation, too.

“Great, news!” Taemin said. “Jonghyun hyung and Kibum hyung didn’t want us to come over, but Jinki hyung and Minho hyung did!”

Jongin looked at him. “But I just told Baekhyun hyung that he and Chanyeol hyung and the kids could come home to us, because their oven doesn’t work but they have the food.”

Taemin stared at his husband, not knowing what they should do next. “Um, what do we do then? Should we ask Minho hyung if they can come, too?”

Jongin thought. “Yes, let’s ask him. And if they can’t, we’ll just celebrate Christmas here with Baekhyun hyung and Chanyeol hyung.”

“Okay,” Taemin said and found his phone again. Then he looked at his husband hesitantly. “Is it rude to change plans now? Now that we just agreed to come to Minho hyung and Jinki hyung’s house?”

“No, it’s fine,” Jongin said.

“Okay.” Taemin dialed the number for Minho’s phone.

Hi again, Taemin,” Minho said.

“Hello, hyung,” Taemin greeted back. “Thank you for letting us celebrate Christmas with you.”

Oh, it’s fine,” Minho said and waited for Taemin to talk. When he didn’t, he said, “Was that it, Taemin?

“No,” Taemin said. “I wanted to ask if Baekhyun hyung and Chanyeol hyung and their kids could come, too?”

Minho took a while to respond. “Sure, they can come. But I’m not sure if we have enough food, then.”

“Oh, it’s okay; they have food they can bring,” Taemin said. “Thank you, hyung.” Then before Minho could say anything else, Taemin hung up the phone. “He said they can come if they bring food.”

“Great. I’ll call Baekhyun hyung.”

 

After Baekhyun had talked to Jongin, Chanyeol and Baekhyun agreed on going home to Jongdae and Kyungsoo; they didn’t want to bother Minho and Jinki with too many people, now that they had agreed on welcoming four more people to their home.

 

Zitao and Sehun had traveled to China the day before Christmas to celebrate Christmas Eve with Zitao’s parents. Before going to Hayoung and Junhong’s grandparents, the family went ice-skating.

Zitao was skating along the whole skating rink, while Sehun was skating slowly holding the kids in each hand.

“You’re doing so good!” Sehun said to both kids.

“Where’s baba?” Junhong asked, looking around the rink without noticing the boy he was almost running into.

“Whoa, look where you’re going, Junhong!” Sehun said and quickly steered Junhong out of the other boy’s way.

“Sorry,” Junhong mumbled.

“He’s over there.” Hayoung pointed across the rink and Sehun took a tighter grip on her when she wobbled.

“Yeah, that’s fine, he’ll be here in a few seconds; baba is fast on skates,” Sehun said.

“Hey, guys!” Sure enough, about five seconds later, Zitao was skating by their side.

“Hi, baba. Look at me!” Hayoung said and let go of Sehun’s hand to skate a bit further by herself.

“Wow, you’re so good at it, sweetie!” Zitao praised her.

“You’re doing it all by yourself! You’re so brave,” Sehun said, too.

“Me too, me too!” Junhong chimed in and let go of Sehun’s hand, too, like his sister did.

“You’re good, too, Junhong!” Zitao exclaimed and the boy smiled.

“Yes, you are!” Sehun said.

“Kids, look at what baba can do,” Zitao said and Sehun took Hayoung’s and Junhong’s hand to stop them from moving further.

The kids stopped and looked at their baba with amazement written on their faces, when Zitao made a pirouette.

“Wow! I want to do that, too!” Hayoung exclaimed and Zitao bowed.

“Okay, let me help you, sweetie,” Sehun said. He held her hand above her head and she spun with the help of him balancing her.

“I want to do what baba does, too,” Junhong pleaded and, while still holding onto his appa’s hand, put his hand above his head, as he’d seen Hayoung do, and started going round and round himself.

“Wait, hold on, Junhong, I’ll help you in a bit,” Sehun said, already seeing where this was going, as he was helping both kids balancing themselves. But Junhong just continued doing his own pirouettes and so did Hayoung, and Sehun couldn’t quite keep an eye on both of them, even though they used some of his strength to spin and keep themselves upright. Then it happened. Sehun didn’t notice it until it was too late; his eyes were on Hayoung, and while spinning, Junhong had accidentally moved himself closer to his appa. Their skates touched. Junhong tripped over Sehun and before Sehun could prevent it, the three of them were lying on the ice.

“Oh my god, are you okay?” Zitao knelt and touched Hayoung’s and Junhong’s faces to see if they were all right. When Zitao became a father, he had quickly learned not to laugh when somebody fell – no matter how funny it had looked.

Hayoung and Junhong shared a look… and then they broke out laughing, much to Zitao and Sehun’s surprise and relief. The parents smiled and agreed that it must be time to head home.

 

For once Changjo had been easy to get dressed. And Byunghun barely made any arguments with them. What had started out as a stressful and annoying Christmas, began to look more enjoyable and pleasant for Taemin and Jongin. The two looked at each other with a smile and kissed in the doorway, when they were about to leave.

“Eomma! Appa! Come on! We’re going to be late; you know how uncle Minho gets if we’re late!” Byunghun called from the bottom of the stairs. Jongin and Taemin smiled and ran down the stairs.

The family was greeted by an excited Minhyun.

“Merry Christmas,” Minhyun said. Then he turned around and ran back into the apartment, while yelling, “They’re here! They’re here!”

“Merry Christmas,” Minho said when he came to the hallway. He hugged the guests and invited them inside. They had a big Christmas tree with beautiful red and gold ornaments hanging on the branches.

“It’s so pretty,” Jongin said to Minho.

“Thank you. Me and Minhyun decorated it this morning. Isn’t that right, Minhyun?” Minho asked the boy who was sitting in an armchair. Minhyun nodded proudly.

“Hi, guys.” Jinki walked into the living room, drying his hands in his apron. “Sorry I didn’t come out; me and Seokjin are in the middle of making dinner, but now I thought I’d better come say hello.” He hugged Taemin and Jongin.

“Hi! Merry Christmas!” Taemin and Jongin said.

“Merry Christmas,” Jinki said back with a big smile.

“Papa!” Seokjin called from the kitchen.

“Oops, I think he needs my help,” Jinki said and went back to his post in the kitchen.

Minho, Jongin and Taemin grinned.

“We’ve also baked cookies for Santa Claus,” Minhyun said.

“We haven’t,” Changjo said. Taemin couldn’t tell if he was disappointed or just stating a fact.

“Yes, that’s right, we have,” Minho said and smiled. “But there’s enough for everyone to get one after dinner.” Minhyun smiled happily.

 

Yi Fan and Yixing were sitting on their couch, when Aron came out of his room and stood in front of them.

“When are we picking up the Christmas tree?” he asked his parents. Yi Fan and Yixing looked at each other.

“I thought we’d already told you,” Yixing began. “Dad and I talked about not getting a Christmas tree this year.”

Aron’s face told it all; he definitely did not know that. Aron shook his head, as saying that they didn’t tell him.

“Well, Dad and I talked about not getting a Christmas tree this year,” Yixing said.

“I get it!” Aron interrupted. “You don’t have to tell me again.”

“We’re sorry, Aron. We thought we’d already told you,” Yi Fan said.

“Why can’t we get a Christmas tree? We’re already not celebrating with the others; it’s already different,” Aron argued.

“Does it mean that much to you?” Yi Fan asked.

Aron nodded. “It doesn’t feel like Christmas…”

His parents shared a look again.

“Well… then let’s go out and find us a tree,” Yi Fan said. Aron’s face lit up.

“Really?”

Yixing nodded. “Yes. We don’t want you to feel like it’s not Christmas Eve, just because it’s only the three of us. This is your Christmas, just as much as it is ours,” he said.

Aron smiled big. “Yay!”

“I’ll stay here and make sure the food doesn’t burn, and dad will go out and find a tree with you,” Yixing said and Yi Fan nodded.

“Go put your coat on, Aron,” Yi Fan said, and Aron ran to the hallway. “We’ll be back soon,” he said to his husband and kissed him.

“I know. I love you,” Yixing said with a smile.

“I love you, too,” Yi Fan replied, and then went to get a tree with his son.

 

“We’re so happy you allowed us to come here,” Chanyeol said to Jongdae and Kyungsoo, when the two families were sitting around the dining table to eat the delicious meal Kyungsoo and Jongdae had made.

“Yes, we literally didn’t know what to do; if we couldn’t come here, we would just end up buying take out or something,” Baekhyun said. “And that’s not very Christmassy.” Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Luna laughed.

“Although, we did actually get another offer,” Chanyeol pointed out.

“Yes, that’s right,” Baekhyun said. “Minho hyung and Jinki hyung actually invited us, too.”

“Really?” Jongdae said.

“Well, Taemin and Jongin called them and then they made them invite us, too, since we’d already told Jongin about our situation.”

“But we would rather celebrate Christmas with you, and we thought we shouldn’t intrude on Minho hyung and Jinki hyung,” Chanyeol told.

“But you could intrude on us,” Kyungsoo said the unmentioned.

“Yes,” Baekhyun beamed.

“Taehyung, stop tilting the chair,” Chanyeol said and grabbed the chair’s backrest to stop it from moving.

“I can’t sit still,” Taehyung said and stood from the chair and started jumping up and down. “I want presents.”

“Taehyung, you know we don’t open presents until tomorrow,” Baekhyun said.

“But I want to play with my new toys with Jonghyun and Namjoo,” Taehyung said.

“How do you know you get toys?” Chanyeol asked him.

“Appa,” Taehyung said, stopped jumping and looked at Chanyeol seriously. “I’m five. I don’t care about anything else than toys. You know that. Santa knows that.”

Chanyeol couldn’t say anything to that. Baekhyun, Jongdae, Kyungsoo and Luna laughed at how Chanyeol just got lessoned by Taehyung.

“Taehyung, just eat a bit more and then you and Jonghyun and Namjoo – if they are done eating at that time – can go play with some of their toys,” Baekhyun said when he was done laughing.

Taehyung obeyed, quickly taking three spoonfuls of food in his mouth, chewing quicker than ever before, and then running to the living room with his cousins. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, but grinned at how excited his son was.

 

“Eomma, look at what I made!” Minki said proudly and Taeyeon came to his side of the tree to see how he had decorated it.

“Wow, it’s beautiful, Minki,” Taeyeon said and looked at all the golden tree decorations Minki had collected. “It’s very shiny.”

“You can’t put all the gold things on one side, Minki,” Amber said when she came around the tree to look, too.

“Why not?” Minki asked and crossed his arms over his chest.

“Because… you have to mix the colors,” Amber said.

“Why?” Minki asked again.

“It’s just prettier if there’s different colors around the tree.”

“It’s fine, Amber. One side can be gold and one side can have lots of other colors. Okay?” Taeyeon said with a gentle smile. Amber huffed.

“Fine,” she said and Taeyeon smiled as a thank you.

“It’s beautiful no matter what, because we’ve all helped each other,” Taeyeon said and kissed Amber’s head. Amber smiled.

“Do you want cookies?” Joonmyun came in with a plate full of homemade cookies.

“Joonmyun, not before dinner; it’ll ruin their appetite,” Taeyeon said.

“Relax, it’s Christmas. They can have sweets, as long as they don’t eat too much,” Joonmyun said and Amber and Minki happily grabbed a cookie each. Joonmyun kissed Taeyeon. “There’s one for you, too, sweetheart.” Taeyeon tried staying against the idea, but couldn’t stop herself from smiling and taking the cookie her husband gave her.

“The tree looks beautiful,” Joonmyun said when they had all taken a seat in the couch. “I like the idea of putting all the gold on one side,” he said and gave Minki a wink.

“That means that side is special!... And it’s my side,” Minki said. “And it’s the most pretty.”

Joonmyun and Taeyeon grinned at him.

“By the way, you should get dressed before we’re dancing around the tree and taking a picture of us all together,” Taeyeon said to the kids. “I’ve bought new Christmas clothes for both of you.”

Amber sighed. “Eomma, I don’t want to wear a dress,” she said, already fearing what her eomma had bought for her.

Taeyeon smiled. “Actually, I’ve not bought you a dress this year. I know you don’t like them, so I’ve found something I think you might like.” Amber looked confused at her, and Taeyeon went to find the clothes she’d bought. When she came back into the living room, she handed a bag to both her kids. “Go ahead and take it out,” Taeyeon said with a smile.

Minki quickly reached down his bag and revealed a burgundy dress shirt.

“Wow, that’s nice,” Joonmyun said.

Amber took the clothes Taeyeon had bought for her out of the bag. It was a black overall in soft fabric; the pants were long and the sleeves were like a t-shirt.

“This is cool! I like this! Thank you, eomma,” Amber said and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek, before going to her room to get dressed. Minki went to his own room to get dressed, too.

“This is going to be a nice Christmas,” Joonmyun said and kissed his wife.

 


 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this Christmas Bonus :)

Thank you for reading my story ^_^ and thank you for subscribing and commenting - you're all the reason I keep uploading chapters, because you make me so happy ^_^

I wish you all a happy New Year!!