Chapter 37

How I Met Your Appa

Cutie Sohee


Chapter 37

The boys woke up to the fulfillment of their hopes. No loud noises (aka the girls' screams) woke them up, but when they were in the middle of getting dressed, three angry girls came barging in.

"What the fudge!?" Amber yelled when she slammed the door open and glared at the three boys. Luna and Sohee stood by her side, looking really mad too. They were all fully clothed while the boys stood in pajamas or half , about to get dressed.

"Hey, you can't just barge in like that!" Aron exclaimed, holding up his shirt in front of his bare chest. "You're intruding on our privacy!"

"Like you didn't intrude on our privacy by going into our room last night!" Sohee exclaimed, taking a step towards him.

"Well, you were all dressed," Byunghun said in defense.

"So what? It isn't like there's much to see here," Luna said. Byunghun was actually still in his pajamas, while both Aron and Chanhee were only wearing pants.

"We already know it was you, guys, so don't try and defend yourself," Amber said.

"We had to call for help; we couldn't get free from that stupid tape!" Luna complained.

"And guess who were the first ones to come to the rescue," Sohee said and turned to look at Chanhee. "Appa and baba, of course." Chanhee gulped.

"Did they seem angry? Do they want to scold us?" he asked her. She smirked; he'd gotten scared now. She shrugged teasingly.

"Maybe," she said and turned around to leave.

"Noona!" Chanhee exclaimed before she went out the door and she looked at him.

"They didn't ask about anything," she sighed, since she wasn't one to lie. "They won't scold you, because we didn't say it was you. Though I'm sure they've already figured it out by themselves."

"But just know that we'll get our revenge," Amber warned the boys when the three girls turned to leave.

"When you least expect it," Luna added. The boys rolled their eyes and continued getting dressed as the girls closed the door behind them.

 

During breakfast Yi Fan, Yixing and the kids made agreements of having their basketball match - which they had already agreed on before the vacation - after they had eaten breakfast. They carried out their plates - by instructions from Minseok - and went to the grass area where they installed the portable basketball hoops that Joonmyun had brought. Then they began to form teams.

"So Aron and Amber, do you want to be the captains?" Yi Fan asked them, with the two sending confident and offending glares at each other. Amber nodded.

"Yeah, I'm going to make your team crawl in the dust when I'm done with you," Amber warned Aron, who glared right back at her. Yixing looked surprised at the sudden trash talk.

"You tell him!" Luna cheered Amber on.

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm going to make your team weep yourselves to sleep, because you will so hard!" Aron said back, and Amber took a step towards him. Yixing almost looked startled as if he'd only now realized that his son was capable of trash talk and bad mouthing too. Yi Fan put an arm between the two kids when Aron took a step forward as well.

"Okay okay, calm down," Yi Fan stopped them. "First we're going to make teams. Can you do that without killing each other?" He looked from Amber to Aron and they both nodded. "Good." He took down his arm.

"Rock paper scissors?" Amber suggested Aron, and Aron just nodded, knowing exactly what his cousin meant. They both threw their fists in front of them, hitting the air three times before creating different types of hand movements. "I'll choose first," Amber smirked as she looked down at her outstretched hand slipping around Aron's fist appearing as a rock. Yi Fan, who had looked confused at the two throughout this little act, made an 'oh' expression when he finally realized the meaning behind.

"I'll choose uncle Yi Fan," Amber pointed at the man.

"But he's my dad!" Aron argued. Amber rolled her eyes.

"So what? I won, I get the best player," she said. "And you can still pick your other appa."

"Baba," Aron corrected with a mumble.

Then Lu Han and Jongin appeared next to them.

"Wait, we want to play too," Lu Han claimed with a smile. "Have you started yet?" He put his arm around Ji Yong's shoulders, who shrugged it off immediately.

"No," Ji Yong answered. "We're just picking teams."

"I want uncle Lu Han!" Aron exclaimed, putting his arm in the air. Amber rolled her eyes at his exaggeration and Lu Han looked confused from one to the other.

"You're on Aron's team, Lu Han," Yi Fan explained to him, and Lu Han smiled with a nod before he went to Aron's side. Yixing seemed a bit sad that Aron didn't pick him, but it quickly went away by the mentioning of his name.

"Uncle Yixing," Amber said and smirked when she noticed the irritated look on Aron's face. It was obvious he'd wanted to choose him next.

"Hyung," Aron said and Ji Yong smiled at him thankfully and proudly.

"What about me?" Jongin asked, apparently sad that Ji Yong was being chosen before him.

"Sorry, uncle Jongin, but Ji Yong hyung is slightly better than you..." Aron said embarrassed and looked at the ground when Jongin pouted.

"I'll choose you, uncle." Amber smiled at him when the man seemed to lighten up again.

"Byunghun," Aron said. Byunghun went over to his side, seeming a bit gloomy that he was being chosen as the third last.

"Choose me, Amber," Luna said, looking at Amber with pleading eyes. Amber hesitated, looking from Luna to Sandara and back again.

"Okay, I'll choose Luna," Amber finally said and Luna smiled brightly as she went over and hugged her.

"You're going to lose; do you know that?" Aron told Amber, when Sandara had joined his team.

"Yeah, with her on your team, it's going to be so easy," Byunghun teased, motioning at Luna with a nod by his head, and Luna made a kick towards him.

"Hey hey hey!" Jongin said and put his arms between them surprised. "Is that how you treat each other?" He seemed shocked. He looked at his son.

"It's only for fun, uncle Jongin," Amber cleared out for him. Jongin looked around at the kids hesitant and suspicious.

"Really?" he asked unsure. Amber, Byunghun, Luna and Aron nodded.

"We're only kidding, appa," Byunghun told him.

"Okay," Jongin seemed relieved, but then turned to Byunghun. "But don't say stuff like that if you're not sure everyone knows you're playing! It can sound really mean if they're not a part of it," he warned and Byunghun nodded, but when Jongin turned his back on him he stuck out his tongue at Luna who made a grimace at him back. Then they grinned.

"Let's play!" Ji Yong announced and the ball was sent to the air.

By the side watching them, Minseok and Changjo were sitting on the grass. Changjo was sitting in Minseok's lap and every time one team would throw the ball in the basket they clapped; Minseok's hands covering Changjo's, making the little boy laugh.

Up the hill on the terrace Sohee was playing with the two younger girls who had brought some dolls with them outside. Jongdae came outside to them with a sunscreen lotion in his hand since the sun was shining brightly. He covered the three girls in lotion, knowing that it would hurt everyone if they got burnt. Then he went to the other side of the house where the cars were parked and two boys were riding on skateboards. He handed the lotion to Chanyeol and he and Sehun covered Taehyung and Junhong. Then the boys continued riding their skateboards up and down the path between the house and the cars.

Inside Chanhee was sitting by the table collecting a puzzle. He loved solving puzzles and he didn't want anyone to help him. Every time he solved one, he felt a satisfaction and happiness and he was usually so proud he had to tell someone about it - usually just his parents. Right now he was in the middle of his puzzle with one hundred pieces, but unfortunately he wouldn't get the pleasure of sitting with it alone.

"What are you doing?" Minki climbed up on a chair, sitting on his knees as he watched Chanhee's movements closely.

"Solving a puzzle," Chanhee mumbled concentrated as he was looking for the right puzzle piece.

"That doesn't sound difficult," Minki stated bluntly when Jonghyun climbed to the chair next to him. "Can we help?" he asked with a smile to Chanhee.

"No..." Chanhee mumbled, and grinned by himself when he found the piece he was looking for. He placed it neatly in the right spot.

"Why not?" Jonghyun asked with a beginning pout.

"Because I don't need any help," Chanhee said. "I want to make it on my own." Then he added with a quiet mumble that none of the kids heard, "It's one hundred pieces and it's too hard for two small wreckers like you."

Minki pouted at the decline for help, but kept looking at Chanhee's movements.

"It seems to me that you are stuck..." Jonghyun mumbled, only wanting to help.

"But I'm not, okay!" Chanhee exclaimed, slowly starting to get irritated since they distracted his peace and quiet. He placed another piece in his created picture.

"Can we help you, hyung?" Minki asked again.

"I already said no."

"Please?" Jonghyun added to Minki's pout.

"No."

There was quiet for a little while, making Chanhee sigh of relief, though it still bothered him that they were there. But as long as they didn't say anything, it wouldn't matter, he thought. Though it annoyed him to know that they were watching him closely, judging him silently.

"This should be here!" Minki exclaimed. The silence didn't last long, and Minki took a red puzzle piece and placed it next to Chanhee's finished part, which was creating the picture of a woman. Unfortunately, the piece didn't fit, but seemingly Minki didn't find that possible, and he kept on pressing it down to fit the tiny hole.

"Stop! You're ruining it!" Chanhee exclaimed with wide eyes as he grabbed Minki's hand and made him let go of the puzzle piece. Minki pouted.

"But it should be there..." he mumbled. "It fits..."

"No, it doesn't," Chanhee said, trying to sound overbearing, though all he felt like was yelling at the little boy. "Look." Chanhee gently put the piece over the place Minki had tried pressing it down to, showing him that there was absolutely no way that the piece could fit there. "It doesn't go there." Minki looked from the place to his older cousin and back again.

"But it looked the same..." he said, trying to make it up to himself. Chanhee fought back the urge to roll his eyes and talk back to him. Instead he just took a deep breath and continued solving the puzzle.

"What about this one?" Jonghyun asked a little later, handing a puzzle piece to Chanhee before pointing at a place on the board. "Doesn't it look like that? Shouldn't it fit here?"

Chanhee considered it as he looked from the piece to the place it should go and the picture on the board. "Yes, it should," he said and placed it down on the missing place. Jonghyun smiled proudly; he had helped his hyung. Minki just pouted, because he wanted to help as well. He took a piece from the table and showed it to Chanhee.

"Where should this go?" Chanhee took the piece from his hand and examined it.

"I don't know," he said. "I can't use it right now." He put it down on the table again, making Minki furrow his brows. Jonghyun took a quick glance at him.

"I think it should go here!" he said and took the puzzle piece, putting it to the place Chanhee had been in the middle of creating and pressed it down, wanting to force it to fit between the pieces. Chanhee's eyes widened again as he looked at the pressing hands of Jonghyun and the puzzle piece to the picture under it that started wrinkling on the puzzle. Then, as if the pieces were really slippery and oily, the piece slipped between Jonghyun's fingers and in the movement made a mess of the remaining puzzle pieces; the created part ruined and some of the other pieces fell to the floor. Chanhee's mouth fell open.

"What are you doing?!" he raged. "You ruined it!" He hesitated in yelling and scolding them further himself; he wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do. So he figured he'd better get help from a person he knew he could always count on. He stood from his seat and went to the terrace glass door. "Appa!" he yelled through the open door and down at the grass area Minseok looked up questioningly. "Come here!"

"What's up? Something's bothering you?" Sohee asked teasingly, sitting on the terrace floor playing with the girls and looking up at her younger brother as he was clearly mad about something. He just sent her a furious glance and walked back inside when his appa - plus Changjo - reached the house and followed him inside.

"What's wrong, Chanhee?" Minseok asked him, before he discovered the ruined puzzle spread across the table and floor and the two guilty looking boys leaning over it. "Oh no," he mumbled as the crime was obvious to anyone who would walk in.

"They ruined my puzzle!" Chanhee exclaimed angrily and pointed at his younger cousins. Minseok nodded since he had understood the second he saw the broken masterpiece, just as Sohee came inside curious to see what was going on. Seeing the pieces, she immediately understood too and felt bad for mocking Chanhee a second earlier, because she knew how much those puzzles meant to her brother.

"I want them to get away from me!" Chanhee complained to his appa.

"Changjo sweetie, will you help Chanhee collect the puzzle pieces and put them back on the table?" Minseok asked the boy by his hand and Changjo nodded, kneeling to the floor and starting to collect the pieces. "Sohee, will you please help too?" he asked when he noticed her standing by their side, and she started picking some of the pieces up. Chanhee looked at his appa with crossed arms, clearly feeling like he was missing some justice. Minseok just sent him a reassuring look before turning to the two guilty boys sitting by the table.

"Minki, Jonghyun, do you know what you did was wrong?" he asked them. They nodded and looked down at the table. "Do you know why your cousin feels upset?" They nodded again. "Do you mind sharing with me what you think the reason is?" Minki and Jonghyun daringly and slowly looked up at their uncle.

"We ruined his game..." Minki mumbled.

"I pressed on the puzzle piece and ruined the puzzle..." Jonghyun explained further with a mumble. Minseok nodded, almost satisfied by their confessions.

"Do you regret it?" he asked. They nodded and looked at the table once again. "Why did you do it?"

"We wanted to play with him..." Jonghyun said.

"Now that he knows that was the reason, would you like to apologize to him?" Jonghyun and Minki looked up at Chanhee, looking sad.

"I'm sorry, hyung, for ruining your puzzle..." Jonghyun said and Minki just nodded agreeing. Chanhee tried looking mad at them with his arms still crossed across his chest. But seeing the pouting and obviously regretting younger cousins of his, he couldn't stay mad for much longer - especially with Minseok's expecting gaze burning his side. He let his arms fall down.

"It's okay..." he mumbled. "I forgive you."

Minki and Jonghyun looked relieved for a millisecond, but then they both looked down and sad again, remembering how they shouldn't look too happy about it.

"And now, Minki and Jonghyun, help your cousin pick up the pieces before coming down to the field to cheer your uncles and other cousins on with me and Changjo," Minseok told them and he turned around and grabbed the hand of the smiling Changjo. They walked outside. Sohee also stood back up with a slight shrug before she went back outside to play with the girls again. Jonghyun and Minki of course did as was told.

Outside by the cars Junhong and Taehyung were skateboarding, with Sehun and Chanyeol supposedly looking after them and talking, making sure they didn't skate further away than the driveway.

"Junhong, look! Look what my appa has taught me!" Taehyung called to the younger boy, and Junhong stopped to look at what Taehyung wanted to show him. Taehyung grabbed his board - which he had gotten last Christmas from his parents - and cautiously moved his feet to the right places whereas he made a little jump, so the wheels lifted from the ground for a millisecond. Junhong still looked amazed though.

"Wow!" he exclaimed and Taehyung stepped down from the board - which he had landed on - and smiled proudly.

"I can teach you if you want me to," he said.

"No thanks," Junhong just replied. "I can already do it." Taehyung looked at him with slight open mouth, surprised. "Appa taught me." Junhong stood on his skateboard and made a perfect little jump which made the board lift slightly higher from the ground than Taehyung's had done. Taehyung looked with open mouth at him, obviously shocked and perhaps a bit jealous as well.

"Well," he began, not really sure what to say. "That was good!" He decided to smile brightly at the younger boy with his hands clapping together. Junhong smiled back at him, feeling proud that his older cousin complimented him. Then they continued skating back and forth. Chanyeol and Sehun didn't seem to care much about them anymore, being deeply in talk.

But then something made Chanyeol and Sehun twitch in surprise and turn their wide eyes towards the boys: on the ground by one of the cars Junhong sat, face in surprise with wide eyes and open mouth, clearly shocked as well. Sehun and Chanyeol took big steps, quickly approaching him. Sehun knelt down and Chanyeol placed his arm around Taehyung, as the boy was standing by Junhong's side.

"What happened?" Sehun asked his son.

"I..." he began, almost too surprised to speak. "I skated into the car."

Sehun and Chanyeol looked at each other and back at the little boy, both scared that he would begin to cry.

"Are you okay?" Sehun asked him cautiously. "Did it hurt?" Junhong turned his face towards his appa, still open mouthed. Then he shook his head and Sehun sighed relieved. "Good," he said and smiled at his son, before helping him to his feet.

 


 

A/N: Hey guys! ^_^ This chapter was just a nice fun chapter with all the kids playing :D Hope you enjoyed it!

Happy birthday to Baekhyun and Zitao who celebrated their birthday this week <3

Did you see BTS' comeback? It's hot, right? ;)

If you liked this chapter, please make sure to subscribe and comment! :)

Thank you for reading, dear people ^_^