Bonus 5 TaeKai Proposal

How I Met Your Appa

                                                                                            

 


 

TaeKai:

Now Jongin had finally made it to his destination. The final path. The path to the apartment of the last friend he needed to ask. As he made his way towards the front door, down the front lawn's concrete path, he thought about the last person he met up with.

 

"So, you're saying that you want to marry Taemin?" Minho asked slowly, looking at Jongin in front of him. They had met at Minho and Jinki's house and were currently sitting around their dining table across from one another. Jongin wasn't sure where Jinki was, but he wasn't home. He looked back at Minho a bit hesitant.

Jongin hadn't exactly used those words; marry or propose. He didn't know why he was so nervous in front of Minho, but he had felt the need to somehow cover his intention.

But of course Minho understood. Which obviously was what Jongin had hoped.

Jongin nodded. "Yes." They were silent before he added quietly, "Is it okay?"

Minho stared at him for a while, examining, before laughing. "Why are you asking for my permission? You know that me and Taemin haven't dated for like 7 years, right? And you've been together, for what, 7 years? Have you seen me walking around upset all the time, or what? I'm with Jinki. And I've been together with him for the last 6 years! I'm not upset with you, Jongin. I'm over that. I've moved on and I love Jinki. So of course I'm okay with you proposing to Taemin!"

Jongin felt slightly dumbfounded by that reaction, but of course he was also relieved that Minho didn't seem to mind. In fact he found himself wondering why he had felt the need to ask all of his friends for a so-called 'permission'.

Minho looked at him more kindly now, and said, "Jongin, I'm really happy for you and Taemin. I hope he says yes. You two deserve each other and you're meant to be; I know that now."

Jongin smiled. "Thank you, hyung."

Minho laughed slightly again. "But let me ask you, why did you want to ask me? I mean, you've dated the last 7 years, why only ask now if I was okay with it?" Even though his question was serious and could have sounded offending, Jongin could see that Minho didn't mean it like that, since he was laughing and had no secret agenda. They were just two friends talking together, now.

Jongin shrugged. "I don't know." He grinned, too. "I mean, of course I didn't want to hurt you ever... I don't know why I'm only asking you now. Maybe I was too nervous or something."

The two men laughed. They may be different and have had difficulties in the past, but now they were equals; they had no hard feelings towards each other and they were mature and could talk freely and comfortably with one another.

Minho smiled at the younger man. It had been a long time since he would get mad at Jongin for flaunting his relationship with Taemin. Now... He couldn't be mad. He had Jinki and he loved Jinki. With all his heart. If anything, he was glad that he and Jongin were now comfortable around each other and could be in the same room. He was happy that it meant something for Jongin to have his approval - even though his approval shouldn't change Jongin's feelings, and even though he could only be happy for Jongin and Taemin. He could never dream of saying no to Jongin's request of marrying Taemin. They belonged together. They had always done so. Just like Minho belonged with Jinki.

Minho smiled at Jongin. He extended his hand across the table. Jongin looked questionable at it.

"I'm sorry for everything in the past. Let's only look forward from now on, okay? I'm happy for you," Minho said and Jongin grabbed his hand with a single nod. They were brothers. They were family.

 

Jongin was standing in front of the door now. He sighed and shook his head at himself with a quiet huff. This was ridiculous! Why was he so nervous?

His hand reached up for the doorbell to the right floor and waited less than five seconds before a voice was heard through the speaker, "Yes?"

"Hey, it's Jongin," Jongin responded and he heard the buzzer meaning that the person on the other end was letting him in. He pushed open the front door and began his walk up the stairs. They were living on the fourth floor; maybe to avoid nosy neighbors, Jongin figured.

He shouldn't be nervous. It was ridiculous! All his other friends had been on his side. Everyone had been happy for him and they were all cheering for Taemin to accept. And this was his best friend! Well, one of his best friends. Jongin considered himself having three best friends: Sehun, Taemin - of course - and the person he was on his way to see. But he was more than a best friend. Just like Taemin was more than a best friend.

Jongin wasn't sure if he could go through with it, if this friend of his wasn't supporting him. It just meant so much for him to have all his friends support him. And if he wasn't... Of course it would break Jongin's heart.

But that wouldn't happen, Jongin was positive.

"Hi!" his friend greeted him and hugged him tightly, after Jongin had knocked on the door. "Come on in." Kyungsoo stepped aside, letting Jongin walk past him into the apartment. "Jongdae isn't home, but he'll be here soon, I think." Kyungsoo lead the way into the living room after Jongin had taken off his coat and shoes.

"That's okay. I was mainly coming here to speak with you," Jongin mumbled back.

"Oh?" Kyungsoo turned to him after taking a seat in the couch. "Is it something important?"

Jongin looked around the apartment before answering. He couldn't avoid looking at all the pictures decorating the living room. So many pictures of Kyungsoo and Jongdae together. Probably Jongdae putting them up, Jongin figured and smiled to himself. There were also some pictures of the whole group, the whole family. And there were pictures of only Jongdae, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Pictures of Kyungsoo and Jongin together. And several others.

"Yes." Jongin looked back at Kyungsoo who raised an expectant eyebrow. "It is important. And it would mean a lot to me if you are with me on this."

Kyungsoo just looked at him, a bit impatiently, but Jongin knew he didn't mean it like that.

"I love Taemin. I want to marry him. I'm planning to propose on Friday... well the day after tomorrow," Jongin finally said and Kyungsoo widened his eyes.

"That's great!" He leaned forward and hugged Jongin warmly. "I'm so happy for you!" He looked at him with a big sincere smile.

Jongin smiled back. "Thank you!"

"Why did you want to ask me?" Kyungsoo grinned. "You know that I'm always supporting you, right? I've been there from day 1, Jongin. Ever since we began in EXO I knew that you and I would do just fine."

Jongin smiled. "You and me. You're one of my best friends, do you know that?"

Kyungsoo smirked. "Of course. What would you even do without me?" He slapped Jongin playfully on his thigh and Jongin grinned.

"A lot worse."

Kyungsoo stuck out his tongue, then turned serious. "Taemin's a lucky man."

"So is Jongdae."

 

It was Friday. Jongin's big day had arrived and he was nervous. Yesterday he had had a day for himself to gather his thoughts and get the things he needed. He was so nervous. It had to be perfect. Taemin was going to come over in three hours for their movie night - in which Taemin of course didn't know what awaited him - and he didn't know how it was going to go. He wanted it to be perfect; he'd practiced what he wanted to say over and over again in front of the mirror and around the apartment when he went around preparing.

He had bought so many red roses, there wasn't a clean surface in the dining room anymore; they were standing on the dining table, the little space that was left on shelves and even each chair had its own bouquet standing. He had bought two chickens: one fried and one uncooked which he wanted to cook himself - but if that went wrong, he would have a backup! Good plan! And it was romantic, right? The roses, the homemade meal. Yup, Jongin surely knew how to make one's night filled with love and butterflies.

The hours went by fast and the moment finally arrived when Taemin walked up the stairs to Jongin's apartment and Jongin opened the door to welcome him inside. Taemin barely made it over the doorstep before cracking up with laughter.

"What is going on?! Why are you so dressed up?" Taemin laughed and Jongin closed the door behind him. Jongin looked down at himself standing in his black suit; black pants, white dress shirt black jacket and black tie. Then he looked at Taemin as he dropped his coat and shoes, standing in sweatpants and a comfortable shirt. "It's just a movie night, isn't it?" Taemin laughed. Jongin decided not to reply as he wasn't the best liar and really, what could he tell him?

Jongin followed him further into the apartment to the living room where all the roses were placed. Taemin stopped in his tracks, dumbfounded.

"Uh what's going on?" he laughed nervously; all he had expected was a simple normal movie night as usual. He looked from Jongin to the flowers and back at his boyfriend standing in his fancy suit. "Do you have something to tell me, or something?" The moment he said it something seemed to dim for him - the most possible explanation his head could make for it. "Oh my God, did you get a part in a movie?! Is it a spy movie?" Then a teasing smirk was plastered on his face. "Or is it your secret identity? Is my Jonginnie in reality a secret agent or a y spy?"

Jongin giggled, looking at the floor and then back up at Taemin who grinned at him. He shook his head.

"I have something I want to tell you..." He guided a confused Taemin over to one of the chairs, giving him the bouquet that was lying there, and gently setting him down. Taemin looked up at him when Jongin began. "All my life I've felt like something was missing; I had it all, but not all I ever wanted. I just didn't know what I didn't have. But then I met you." Taemin smiled up at him. "And suddenly everything seemed so easy to me. You made me feel comfortable and when I had a hard time, I would think of you. You were one of my role models and my best friend." Jongin grabbed Taemin's hand while he was talking and Taemin squeezed it gently. "I know that people say you can't respect others before you respect yourself, that you can't love another person before learning how to love yourself, and that you can't be fully committed to someone if you haven’t completely identified yourself as an individual. But the truth is that I can't identify myself as an individual. I know who I am, and there's just always going to be something missing when I'm alone. There's always going to be a hole in my heart. You're the thing completing me. You're the thing that's missing. I'm not an individual. You're a part of me. And I love you."

Jongin knelt down on one knee, still with Taemin's hand in his, and Taemin widened his eyes and covered his mouth with his other hand, when Jongin pulled out a little black box from his jacket pocket.

"Lee Taemin, will you spend the rest of your life with me? Will you marry me?"

The ring was simple and silver with crystals around the surface. They were not pointy nor big, only around five of them, but they were nice and small and gave a little sense of something meaningful along with them hiding by the side of the shine from the ring itself.

When Jongin showed it to Taemin, Taemin felt speechless. Not that that was the right moment to be, but he was taken aback by his boyfriend's beautiful words and now the ring's mesmerizing effect. Taemin had had no idea of where this was going; only when Jongin spoke the words of 'will you marry me' and pulled out the ring he knew what was in Jongin's mind. Except he couldn't respond. He was so shocked.

Taemin looked from the ring to his boyfriend's face. And Jongin was so beautiful. He was so handsome. And so sweet. Taemin knew that Jongin was romantic; he'd often bought him flowers and chocolates and stuff, but this? This took the prize! This was more than Taemin could have ever dreamed of.

Seeing Jongin's smile fade and him gulping in nervousness and hesitation, made Taemin pull himself together. How could he even say no to such a question?! He wanted to spend the rest of his life with Jongin, the man he loved. Now was the time to speak up! Of course he loved him! Of course... "I will," Taemin stuttered. Jongin's eyes widened a split second. "Yes! I will marry you! Of course I will!" He cheered, standing up and throwing his arms around Jongin's neck, with the flowers in one hand.

Jongin widened his eyes even more and hugged the man he loved back, standing as tall as he was. Hugging him so tightly, that he only noticed his own tears falling down his cheeks when Taemin pulled away and grinned at him.

"You're so silly, baby," Taemin said and gently rubbed his thumb over Jongin's cheek, drying the tears away. "You shouldn't cry. It's a good thing."

Jongin grinned and couldn't stop his tears, but sniffled and Taemin pulled him back into a hug, laughing lightly.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." Jongin's voice was husky, but unexpectedly clear. Because this he was sure of.

"Come on..." Taemin said, lightly pulling Jongin in the direction of the couch when Jongin stopped crying. "Let's watch a movie. It is our movie night after all, right?" He blinked and Jongin smiled.

"Oh!" He became aware of something and let go of Taemin as he produced the box from his pocket once again. He opened the lit and took out the ring. "You have to wear the ring, Tae."

Taemin smiled and gladly extended his ring finger for his soon-to-be-husband.

 

Taemin woke up early the next morning with a smile on his face. He lay in the bed for a couple of minutes, just staring at his boyfriend's sleeping face. No, not boyfriend. Fiancé. It was weird thinking of Jongin as his fiancé but comfortable. It felt right. And the more Taemin thought about it, the truer it felt. It just felt natural.

Taemin silently leaned forward and kissed Jongin's forehead, praying that the sleeping beauty wouldn't wake up. He didn't. And Taemin could unnoticeably snake himself free from the covers and make his exit - after grabbing a shirt and some pants from the floor. He quickly put them on in the living room and put on his shoes and jacket, closing the door to the apartment after him quietly.

There weren't many people on the streets which made it very easy for Taemin to make his way around. He couldn't even help himself whistling a sweet melody on his way. He was that happy. And after Taemin had used about an hour to run his errand, he went back home to Jongin.

After closing the door to the apartment he made his way to the bedroom. He had kicked off his shoes on the way and took of his jacket beside the bed. Jongin was still sleeping. He was so cute. And he looked so innocent just lying there, Taemin thought. So handsome. So amazing. So perfect. How to steal all that from the world... Well, Taemin thought, the world would just have to deal with it. Because Jongin was his.

Jongin didn't move in his sleep. His upper body was kept hidden under the blanket. Secretive. And Taemin just had to wake him up now. He had to give him his surprise.

Jongin blinked when he felt a finger on the tip of his nose. Looking up, he saw Taemin standing fully clothed and with a big grin on his face.

"Hello!" Taemin greeted when he realized that he had succeeded in waking up Jongin.

"Good morning," Jongin mumbled sleepily. "Why are you up so early?"

"I have something for you," Taemin said, without quite answering Jongin's question. But he probably didn't realize.

Taemin sat on the bed and Jongin lifted himself up on one elbow.

"What do you have for me?" Jongin asked, before Taemin revealed his hand he'd kept hidden behind his back. "What is it?" Jongin asked curiously, looking at the brown paper bag.

"Breakfast!" Taemin said and ripped - only half on purpose - the paper bag open, revealing pastries inside. It crumbled in the bed and Jongin bit his lip to not show his slight annoyance. "... In bed!" Taemin finished and Jongin had to smile at him.

"Thank you, Taem..."

"No, wait, that's not all!" Taemin interrupted him, letting go of the bag exposed on the bed. Instead he put his hand inside his pocket, then the other, slowly getting a confused facial expression after feeling through both his pants' pockets without feeling what he expected to find. "Aah! Hold on!" he exclaimed, suddenly remembering where he'd put it. He stood from the bed and bend to the floor to get his jacket, before feeling in both jacket pockets after the supposed material he was looking for. Finally he got it and retreated his hand, throwing the jacket back onto the floor and sitting on the bed again with an excited expression.

"Are you ready?" he asked Jongin and Jongin could do nothing but nod. "Tadaah!" he stated, showing the small object in his hand that turned out to be a gold ring made out of plastic that looked like one of those toy rings you can get from vending machines.

Jongin looked a bit doubtful at Taemin. But Taemin just shook his head at him with a big smile, taking Jongin's hand and putting the ring on his finger.

"I wanted to give you something nice, because you were so sweet yesterday, okay?" he said, a bit embarrassed. Jongin realized his intention and smiled at him, sitting straight up in the bed and leaned forward so he was an inch from Taemin.

"It's perfect. I love it," he said honestly and Taemin smiled when Jongin kissed his lips.

 


 

A/N: Good evening, guys!! Did you have a nice day? And did you like this part?? Keke :3 You got your TaeKai moment, I hope you enjoyed it!! I liked writing it anyways ^_^

There's a numourous of things I want to say, so let's start! ^_^

First, I'm going to Spain this week and am coming back home on Sunday, so I'm not sure when I'm going to upload next time. Maybe Monday or Tuesday next week...

Second, I figured this proposal-thing is going to be a nice theme for the next couple of bonusses. SO I have a question for you! Which couple do you want to hear about in the next bonus?? I would like to know your thoughts on this so I can work accordingly ^_^

Third! It's NU'EST's 4th anniversary today/-night (I don't know anymore...) Yaaay! Congratulations!

Fourth, this moment happened in 2020!! (I forgot to write it yesterday, but I've fixed it now)

And fifth! Thank you thank you thank you for reading my story!!

Last but not least, please comment and subscribe if you like my story so far and liked this chapter, too! ^_^

Bye ~    <3 <3