Chapter 51

How I Met Your Appa

                                                                              

Helloo! Finally an update on the actual story ;)

If you can't remember the last chapter, I suggest that you read that, but if you don't want to, I'll give you a short recap.

The families were out to dinner at a restaurant and they agreed on buying some dessert on the way to their cars. Various treats were bought, and they were eating while walking. Being his clumsy self, Chanhee stumbled and dropped his ice cream, making his cousins laugh. Feeling that Aron laughed the most - and being a hot tempered kid - Chanhee pushed the ice cream out of Aron's hand, resulting in an argument between the two.


 

Chapter 51

Yet again they were gathered in the evening, sitting in the living room on the couches and armchairs and on the floor. Aron and Chanhee hadn't solved their quarrel from earlier and were seated far away from each other. Aron was sitting next to Amber, and Chanhee was sitting next to Byunghun and Luna with crossed arms. Sohee had taken a seat next to Luna, but felt the quarrel was too childish and refused to get involved. They didn't speak about it, though, and just ignored each other.

"So!" Lu Han said with a clap of his hands, gaining the others’ attention. "Should we tell the next story?"

"Who is it about?" Minki asked excitedly.

"Me and uncle Sehun," Lu Han told and Sehun nodded.

"Oh," Zitao sighed with a roll of his eyes and Sehun smiled at him and squeezed his hand. Zitao grinned at him, showing that he was only kidding.

"Oh, this story's going to be special," Baekhyun said with a smirk. Lu Han rolled his eyes and just began telling the story of him and Sehun.

 

"Hey! We're here!" Tao called as he opened the door to the dorm. The others followed him inside and Yixing closed the door behind them, being the last one. Sehun and Baekhyun came running into the hallway to hug their members. EXO M had just come back to Korea from a long promoting time in China and EXO was finally reunited.

"Hey, it's so good to see you! Did you have a safe flight?" Suho - followed by the rest of the Korean members - came to the hallway as well and hugged them all.

After quickly catching up, the Chinese members went to unpack and washing up. Unfortunately, they only had one evening free since they had a lot of practice and interviews tomorrow - they were new in the business and there was no time to slack. They had arrived kind of late as they had had interviews right before leaving China. But they had the evening together, with no practice and no stress.

At the dining table, eating chicken and pizza, they were talking and laughing and enjoying that they were finally back together again. They shared stories of what had happened when they were apart, and they expressed how much they had missed each other.

"Hey, by the way," Sehun said, after another conversation seemed to come to an end. "Do you think that me and Luhan hyung are done pretending how close we are, soon? I mean, the interviewers keep asking us if we're in love with each other and stuff. It's ridiculous." He rolled his eyes.

"What? You mean, you're not in love?" Baekhyun asked, pretending to be surprised. Sehun stuck out his tongue at him.

"Don't be stupid. They're only asking because one fan saw us drink bubble tea together," he said.

"Hey! That’s no way to talk to your hyung!" Baekhyun exclaimed exaggerated.

"Yeah, well, the fans love it," Suho said with a shrug. "I don't think there's much to do about it. If you want them to keep loving you."

"Hey, they'll still love us, even if we don't pretend that there's more to our relationship than there is," Sehun pointed out. Luhan nodded.

"Of course, they'll still love you," Chen said. "But you know, fans love shipping us with each other. And it makes it easier for them to find couples they like if we do skinship or interviewers ask questions for their benefit."

Sehun seemed to ponder for a moment, not saying anything.

"Well, we're friends, right, Luhan hyung?" Sehun asked.

"Sure! Of course," Luhan answered.

"See? Something's there," Chanyeol said teasingly and blinked at Sehun, who just tried slapping his arm, but Chanyeol duck behind Baekhyun who was sitting beside him.

"Hey!" Baekhyun exclaimed, not satisfied with being used as a human shield.

"Sorry," Chanyeol mumbled.

"But, hey, you've got to admit that there's more to your relationship than just friends," Kai said. Sehun raised an eyebrow at him. "I mean, I could see it. I understand why those interviewers ship you guys."

"Yeah, me too," Suho said, nodding. Sehun and Luhan looked at him too, before looking at each other. Then Luhan looked at Suho again.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because you're going on all those bubble tea dates. I mean, if that's not dates, I don't know what it is," Chanyeol answered on behalf of Suho. Sehun tried once again to hit him with his hand. But once again Chanyeol avoided him.

"It's just two friends hanging out with each other," Luhan argued. "And it's not even been that many times we've been to a bubble tea store together. "

"But every time you do, you seem to have become a lot closer," Chen said.

"You do have a special bond," Xiumin added. Luhan and Sehun looked at each other.

 

The night was completely black when they were getting ready for bed, except for the light coming from outside, from buildings and signs. D.O. was getting ready in the bathroom and Sehun and Luhan were lying on their beds in the shared bedroom of the three, waiting for D.O. to come back so they could go to sleep.

"Luhan ge?" it came from Sehun's top bunk. Luhan blinked his eyes open; he'd already partly given in to the slumber. But Sehun only called him 'ge' when he wanted something or when he was being very serious.

"Yeah?" Luhan asked.

"Are you getting uncomfortable when the interviewers ask you to send a message to me?"

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. "No."

"What about when they ask you if you're in love with me...?" This question was said more hesitantly.

Weirdly enough, Luhan wasn't sure of how to respond. He was getting unsure of how Sehun felt, upon hearing his hesitant and slightly mumbling voice. Like if he was embarrassed to ask, yet like he really wanted to hear the answer.

"No," Luhan said. He didn't know if he should give a reason. "Are you?"

Sehun hesitated and Luhan wondered if Sehun had fallen asleep when he didn't answer. Luhan was just about to close his eyes again, when Sehun finally replied.

"No... I just think it's weird..."

Luhan smiled by himself at the boy's answer. Sehun didn't say anything for a while and Luhan let himself close his eyes again, letting the sleep take over once again. Some minutes went by, but then Sehun's voice was heard again.

"Luhan ge?"

"Mmh?" He was too tired to open his mouth and eyes.

"Do you think the others are right? I mean, regarding our relationship?"

Luhan's eyes became wide open. What?

"Uhm..."

"I mean that we have a special bond and that we're... I don't know... maybe more than just ordinary friends."

What should he say? Luhan didn't know.

"We're friends, Sehun..." Good answer, Luhan. "I don't know... I guess you're one of my closest friends out of the members, yeah."

"Mmh." Now it was Sehun's turn to be quiet.

"Is something on your mind, Sehun? Or do you just not quite understand the situation?" Luhan asked.

"No, hyung, it's fine." Luhan could practically see the little dorky smile on Sehun's lips, to reassure him nothing was troubling him. He could hear it in his voice, and he knew Sehun was shaking his ponders off him. Luhan smiled. "Good night, hyung."

"Good night, Sehun."

Another maybe ten minutes went by, and Luhan was very close to falling asleep, just as Sehun broke the silence yet again, just with a simple question.

"Do you want to go out on a date one time?"

Luhan blinked his eyes open, then closed them again as he smiled up at the ceiling. "Yes."

When D.O. later came into the room, the two were fast asleep. Both with small smiles on their faces.

 

"Were you in love with uncle Lu Han then, uncle Sehun?" Namjoo asked and looked up at Sehun.

"Uhm..." Sehun thought for a moment. "I wouldn't say I was in love at that moment. But later, yeah, I was in love with him. Here, I guess, it just kept going through my head and I considered the possibility of me and him together. And with all the interviewers and then our members teasing us with it, it became an almost inevitable possibility."

"What about you, uncle Lu Han?" Luna asked.

"If I was in love with him? Not at that moment, but I got to grow very strong feelings for him when we went out," Lu Han answered.

"But why did you say yes, then?" Byunghun asked him.

Lu Han thought about it. He had never really put words on that before. "I really liked Sehunnie, and I didn't want to make him sad. Also, I think a little part of me knew that I was in love with Minseok deep down, but he was together with Jongdae at that moment. Therefore, when Sehun asked me out, I got happy and I hoped that my own heartbreak would heal."

"Were you in love with appa already at that moment?" Chanhee asked him with surprise in his voice. Lu Han nodded.

"Yes, I was." He smiled at Minseok who grabbed his hand. "I just hadn't quite figured it out yet."

Hayoung stood up from her seat and went over to her appa to give him a hug. Sehun looked surprised.

"What's wrong, honey?" he asked her, but hugged her, nonetheless.

"I just think it's sad that uncle Lu Han was in love with someone else, when you were in love with him," she answered, face buried in his chest.

"Oh," Sehun said with a small smile. "But it's okay, honey. I found my own true love later, so everything turned out fine."

"I know," Hayoung said, still buried in her appa's clothes. "It's just sad to think about what you have gone through."

Sehun smiled at her and leaned down to kiss her head, before pulling her up on his lap, so he could hug her properly.

"Will you stop?!" Chanhee suddenly exclaimed, making Hayoung turn her head away from her appa to look surprised at her cousin; Chanhee wasn't even looking at her though, but instead at Aron with an infuriated glare.

"What have I done?" Aron exclaimed, playing innocent.

"You know what you do! You keep sending me those glares! And it's getting me pissed!" Chanhee said.

"Like you're not doing the same thing," Amber mumbled and Chanhee glared at her instead. The parents looked at each other confused.

"Hey hey, what's going on?" Lu Han asked, but the kids ignored him.

"Don't play innocent, Amber. I saw you whisper something to Aron before. I know it's you who has started this again," Luna interjected.

"Yeah, like I would love to see them fight again," Amber said sarcastically and made a grimace at Luna. Luna did one back.

"Seriously, Amber? You could have just not whispered to Aron just now, that he should piss me off!" Chanhee said.

"Hey! That's not even what she said to me! I'm pissing you off by my own will. Just because I love to see you getting boiled up," Aron said with a teasing smirk, as he knew it would only upset Chanhee even more – he and Amber had this under control. And he was right; Chanhee rushed up from his seat with clenched fists.

"Calm down, guys," Taemin said, his hands raised as he tried soothing the boys. Chanhee seemed like he was ready to punch someone, and it made the parents and younger kids worried.

"Chanhee, sit back down!" Minseok said, his voice filled with authority, but got ignored as well as Taemin.

"Are you sure you want to piss me off that badly? I have two on my side, after all, and you only have one," Chanhee hissed between his teeth to Aron. Aron just furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you talking about? Byunghun's on my side," he said, clearly confused at how bad Chanhee was at counting.

"What? Can't you see he's sitting next to me? That clearly indicates that he's on my side. Right?" Chanhee turned to Byunghun, and Byunghun got taken aback by the sudden attention to him and the anger burning from Chanhee, now directed at him.

"Uh," Byunghun said.

"Which side are you on, Byunghun?" Aron said from the other side of the room.

"Uh." Byunghun didn't know what to say. He looked up at Chanhee, who seemed to get more and more angry in the moments that went by without Byunghun's answer. Then he looked at Aron, who raised an eyebrow, clearly expecting him to choose him. What should he do?

"Really, Byunghun? You sat beside Chanhee. That's clearly because you're with him, right?" Luna asked, raising an eyebrow with the rage also seething in her.

"Hey!" Yixing yelled, and the kids stopped immediately. "What is going on?" Usually he wasn't the one to yell, but in this case, he couldn't take it anymore. He looked from one side to another, waiting for one of the kids to come with an explanation.

"He just...!"

"I did...!"

"They're so...!"

All the kids spoke up at the same time and it was impossible to know what either of them were saying.

"Hey!" Joonmyun yelled to outshout the kids. The kids stopped talking at once. "Either you tell us what is going on right now! Or! I'm not even going to tell you what horrifying consequences are awaiting you!" He looked around at the four kids who all tried to look unaffected and still angry, but it was clear that they were all taken aback and slightly frightened by Joonmyun's outburst and threat. "Amber?" he asked his own daughter for an explanation, with a firm facial expression to tell her not to mess with him now.

"Aron and Chanhee are still upset about those ice creams," Amber said, too scared of her appa to tell anything but the truth. "And Chanhee thought that Aron was sending him evil glares." She quickly glared at Chanhee and then back at her appa.

Joonmyun nodded considering.

"What? You're still upset about dropping your ice creams?" Yi Fan asked. He couldn't quite believe what uproar had been, due to such an unimportant matter.

"He pushed the ice cream out of my hand, appa," Aron said, clearly not beyond the fact, but now with a more settled tone in his voice.

"Because you laughed when I dropped mine," Chanhee said, also in a quieter voice.

"We all laughed," Amber said.

"I just felt like Aron really meant it. Like he was happy that it was me, who dropped it," Chanhee explained, a bit embarrassed as he looked to the floor. He didn't like to show his feelings. Especially not in front of everyone.

There was silence for a short while, but finally Aron spoke up.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that," he said. Chanhee didn't look at him.

"No... you probably didn't," he said. "Maybe I shouldn't have pushed your dessert on the ground, just because I dropped my own..." That was close enough to an apology for Aron, and he smiled sympathetically; he knew Chanhee didn't like apologies.

"It's okay," Aron said and Chanhee looked up at him. When he saw Aron smiling friendly at him, he smiled back.

"So, are you good, now?" Yixing asked to be sure. Aron and Chanhee nodded. "And the rest? No hard feelings?" He looked at Amber and Luna. They shook their heads to say no. He sighed relieved with a small smile, before yawning.

"Okay!" Jongdae said with a small laugh at his hyung. "Maybe it's time for bed?" he suggested.

 


A/N: Hello, my dear readers!

I hope you liked this chapter ^_^

Thank you for reading; it always makes me grateful :) - especially when I am so bad at updating the story...