Chapter 16

How I Met Your Appa

Taehyung!

 


 

Chapter 16

Minseok and Lu Han came out of Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room.

"The kids are still playing. But they can entertain themselves," Lu Han said to the four in the living room. Lu Han and Minseok sat on the couch, across the one Baekhyun and Chanyeol were lying in.

"Yeah, I told them they could just play with your lotion and clothes." Minseok shrugged with a serious expression on his face.

"What?!" Baekhyun sat up abruptly in the couch, letting go of Chanyeol's hands.

Minseok laughed. "I'm kidding! Relax. Nobody's touching your eyeliner."

Baekhyun laid back down in Chanyeol's arms, but had an angry and offended look on his face, directed towards his hyung. "I don't use that much eyeliner," he growled.

Minseok smirked. "Sure."

"Not anymore," Baekhyun mumbled, and Chanyeol giggled and patted his head.

"Kyungsoo told me about a restaurant that he and Joonmyun hyung saw," Jongdae said, changing the subject. Kyungsoo turned his head and looked at him. He was still sitting on Jongdae's lap.

"I told you we shouldn't go there," he mumbled, so only Jongdae could hear.

"Relax." Jongdae smiled, not even trying to whisper. "So what do you think?" he asked the others.

Lu Han hesitated. "Are you sure it's a good idea on top of the incident earlier?" He thought about Minki, but also Amber's reaction.

"Well," Jongdae started. "I think that we should put this thing behind us as fast as possible."

"I agree," Chanyeol said. "The kids should learn that they shouldn't stop their entire lives, because of a little accident. They shouldn't live in fear, and we all need some fun after a thing like this."

"I can see that," Baekhyun said. "But Minki nearly drowned. I don't think it's a good idea to go out and party; the kids would think it was no big deal, then."

"It's not a party," Kyungsoo mumbled, but nobody heard except Jongdae, and he just smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Baekhyun's right; Minki would feel like nobody cared about him," Minseok said.

"But..." Lu Han started, not really knowing what to say. "I think we should go to the restaurant..."

"I think so too, but just not tonight," Minseok said and the others nodded.

"Maybe we should ask how Minki's feeling?" Jongdae suggested. The others nodded again and just at that moment Joonmyun, Taeyeon, Jongin and Taemin came down in the living room to where they were sitting. All in the living room turned their heads and looked at them, curious to how Joonmyun was feeling.

"Hi?" Lu Han hesitated, breaking the silence.

Joonmyun smiled. "Hi." He sat down in an armchair. Taeyeon, Jongin and Taemin sat down in the couches. "I'm sorry that I yelled before. Maybe I did exaggerate a bit; I was just worried about my son."

"It's okay," Minseok said and Lu Han agreed with a smile.

"Of course!" Chanyeol said. "We were worried, too."

Joonmyun smiled, relieved that they weren't mad.

"Where's Sehun and Zitao? And Yixing and Yi Fan hyung?" he asked and the others looked around.

"I think they're all in their rooms," Baekhyun said.

"Maybe I should go apologize to the kids," Joonmyun said and was about to stand up, when Baekhyun interrupted him.

"I suggest you don't: you never know what those are doing when they're alone," Baekhyun said, knowing that Joonmyun was referring to Sehun and Zitao.

"I suppose I can wait then," Joonmyun said. "Where are the other kids?"

"Playing in Baekhyun and Chanyeol's room," Lu Han answered.

"Me and the others talked about a restaurant you and Kyungsoo saw," Jongdae said.

"Oh yeah, we considered going there tonight." Joonmyun nodded and looked at Kyungsoo. "But I don't think it's a good idea. Maybe tomorrow?"

They nodded.

"So what about tonight?" Baekhyun asked. "Who'll cook?" He looked at Kyungsoo.

"What?! Just because I like to cook and I used to cook for you, that means I have to do it every night on this vacation?" Kyungsoo exclaimed. Baekhyun shrugged, indicating he couldn't see anything bad in that. Kyungsoo shook his head with a huff.

"If Kyungsoo doesn't want to cook, he doesn't have to," Jongdae supported Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo smiled at him. "I mean, other people can cook than him."

Baekhyun looked at Minseok, making his hyung move back a bit and furrow his eyebrows at him.

"I can cook, but that doesn't mean I have to," he said.

"How about this?" Chanyeol suggested. "We all cook one day each. That way, no one will feel used. It'll only be fair."

Kyungsoo and Minseok nodded.

"That sounds good. Then I've already done my share," Kyungsoo said with a smirk directed at Baekhyun.

"You probably need to cook at least one more time, Kyungsoo. We all have to," Joonmyun said.

"That's okay." Kyungsoo shrugged.

"But that didn't answer my question. What do we do tonight?" Baekhyun repeated.

"I think you and Chanyeol should do the cooking," Kyungsoo said.

"Wait, why?!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"We all need to cook one time, Baekkie," Jongdae smirked. Baekhyun pouted. "And I don't enjoy eating your cooking, Baek, but I know Chanyeol can be pretty firm in a kitchen, so I'll trust you."

"I can cook," Baekhyun mumbled and crossed his arms. They ignored him.

"I can buy the groceries if you want me to." Taemin shrugged. "I'd like to explore the city."

Yi Fan and Yixing came into the living room, holding hands.

"What's going on?" Yi Fan asked, as they joined them in the room and sat down.

"We're talking about tonight," Chanyeol explained. "Taemin says he wants to buy the food, and then me and Baekkie will cook for you."

Joonmyun stood up and went in front of Yi Fan and Yixing.

"I'm sorry about before. I shouldn't have raged like that. I hope you can forgive me for my stupidity," he said to both of them, but mostly to Yi Fan as he'd talked bad to him. Yi Fan stood up and grabbed his outstretched hand.

"It's okay, Joonmyun; we all make mistakes. And we can only imagine your horror, finding out about Minki," Yi Fan said and patted his back as they hugged.

"Thank you, both of you, for saving my son," Joonmyun said, when he and Yi Fan let go of each other. He looked from Yixing to Yi Fan with a grateful smile. The two warmly smiled back to him, and they sat back down.

"So," Baekhyun changed back the subject. "Is anybody going with Taemin, or shall he go by himself?"

"I can go with him." Minseok shrugged.

"Yeah, that'll be fun." Taemin smiled.

"Okay, then, let's go." Minseok stood up and went to the hallway, followed by Taemin.

 

A little while later, four people sat in a car driving to the city. They had asked the kids if they wanted to go to the city with them and after a short moment two five year olds agreed: Taehyung said yes immediately, saying that it was no fun only staying at the house, but it was only after telling that Taemin would be there too, that Changjo agreed as well.

After fifteen minutes they were at the city. Well, the place they'd driven to was actually more like a market, but it was exactly what they'd aimed for.

"Wow, this is amazing!" Taemin said, looking at the market stalls glowing with delicious food. By his side Changjo was holding onto his hand. "Doesn't it smell delicious?" Taemin asked his son, and Changjo just nodded.

The four people moved down by the isles of food and stuff, looking around.

"Can we have this?" Taehyung asked Minseok, grabbing onto a bag of cookies.

"No," Minseok answered. "We're not going to buy you sweets, we're only here to buy things for dinner."

"And breakfast," Taemin reminded him. "And maybe lunch for tomorrow too."

"Will you buy me this?" Taehyung stood with a lollipop, which he showed to Minseok. He'd apparently not listened closely to what Minseok had told him.

"No, Taehyung," Minseok simply said. "I can't imagine your parents allowing me to buy you sugar."

"They wouldn't mind," Taehyung said, still holding onto the lollipop with a pleading look at Minseok.

"Sure, but your parents aren't here right now, and I'm not going to use my money so you can have cavities." Minseok looked at the table with meat, barely noticing the kid who sighed devastatingly.

"Maybe we should buy things to make dakjuk?" Taemin suggested and the two started discussing which things to put in the porridge. At some point, when the two adults had been talking for about ten minutes, Changjo tugged on Taemin's hand.

"Eomma," he said and Taemin looked down at him with a smile.

"Yeah?"

"Where's Taehyung?"

Taemin and Minseok looked around them, but there was no sign of the little hyped boy.

"Where is he?" Minseok exclaimed, starting to get nervous.

"I don't know," Taemin said, looking around confused and also getting a bit anxious.

"I saw him going that way." Changjo pointed down the aisles. Taemin and Minseok just stared at him with shocked eyes.

"Why didn't you say so?" Taemin asked, and the three started walking quickly down the aisles of market stalls. When they had walked for ten minutes without any luck, they stopped in their tracks in front of a stall selling balls.

"Where the..." Minseok looked down at Changjo, who looked curiously up at him, and swallowed his swearword. "Where can he be?" he asked instead and Taemin looked thankful at him, knowing what he'd been about to say.

"I have no idea. What's a thing he likes? Maybe he's gone to a place selling that?" he suggested, in a loss of something else to say.

Minseok just shrugged.

"He likes water," Changjo said, trying to help his eomma and uncle. "And bubbles."

Minseok sighed, looking around for a place supposedly selling bubbles, about to give up, when he heard a whisper.

"Don't say a thing, Mr. Lion, no one else but me can understand you. It would be no use." A child's whisper. It was a child half whispering and half speaking.

Minseok and Taemin furrowed their eyebrows, looking for the source of the voice. They went to the stall selling stuffed animals that were close by where they were standing. Changjo pointed: there, in between two animals as big as a child, Taehyung sat. Minseok and Taemin kneeled down in front of him with open mouths. Taehyung just grinned.

"Hi!" he greeted.

"Where have you been?" Minseok asked. "Do you have any idea how worried we were?"

Taehyung shrugged. "I've been around. I looked for something fun and now I'm here. And I found new friends!" He motioned to the big stuffed lion and big stuffed wolf by his sides.

"Why did you leave?" Taemin asked him.

Taehyung shrugged again. "It was boring. And I didn't want to interrupt; I've learned I'm not allowed to."

Taemin and Minseok looked at each other, dumbfounded but relieved they've found the boy without a scratch and alive.

"Can I have this?" Taehyung asked them, showing a bottle of soap bubbles. He took the lid off and blew the bubbles in their direction.

Minseok sighed. "Well we can't return them now, since you've already opened them."

Taehyung's entire face enlightened. "Yay!" He blew air in the ring again, creating beautiful shining bubbles. "And what about these? Can I have them?" He hugged the toys.

"You really want them?" Taemin asked him. Taehyung nodded. Then Taemin looked at Minseok, not knowing what to do.

Minseok sighed. "I'm sorry, Taehyung, but no." Taehyung pouted.

Taemin looked sadly at the little boy, but took his hand. "Come on, let's move on. We need to buy the food for dinner, right?" Taehyung stood up with the help of Taemin, and sadly nodded, still pouting.

"Sure."

 

An hour later they arrived at the house and went inside with the bags.

"Eomma!" Taehyung called as he entered the living room. Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen, but Kyungsoo and Jongdae who sat in the living room, nodded towards the door for the terrace. Taehyung ran out to where he found Baekhyun sitting on a chair on the terrace. "Eomma!" he said and Baekhyun looked at him with a smile. "Look!" Taehyung showed his bottle of bubbles from behind his back and blew in the little ring, happily creating colorful bubbles glowing in the sun.

"Wow!" Baekhyun exclaimed and looked admiring and happy at his son. "That's awesome!"

"I want one of those too!" Chanyeol said, sounding envious, as he sat across from Baekhyun looking at the bubbles flying.

"That's so cool." Yi Fan sat there as well, looking at the happy boy proudly showing his prey from the market. "Are you creating those bubbles yourself?"

Taehyung looked around at the envious adults with a smug and proud smile, as he nodded.

"I think you have some explaining to do, Baekhyun," Yi Fan laughed. "Your son is suspiciously good with water!" Chanyeol laughed as well, knowing what Yi Fan teasingly hinted at. Taehyung looked curious, yet confused at them.

"What?" he asked, wanting to know what was funny.

"Nothing," Baekhyun said, glaring at Yi Fan. "Your uncle is just playing around. I don't think he should drink anymore of that beer he's holding in his hand. We all know how that can go wrong, right, Yi Fan hyung?" Yi Fan's laughing face changed into a more serious one, mouthing "well played" and Baekhyun smirked. Taehyung looked confused back and forth between them.

"How did you create those bubbles? Is it something I can learn?" Yixing's voice distracted Taehyung, who turned back to the bottle in his hand and started explaining his uncle how to create the perfect and biggest bubble.

 


 

A/N: I actually don't imagine that they would wear make up when they are not idols anymore (maybe on special occasions still), I just thought it was fun to include ^_^

Did you like this chapter? Did you find it cute? If you did, please comment and subscribe ^_^

Thank you for reading!