Chapter 11

How I Met Your Appa

SeKai for you~


Chapter 11

The parents were sitting in the living room, drinking coffee and eating the box of chocolate they had opened after the kids had gone.

"So who's telling?" Jongdae asked, looking from Jongin to Sehun and back to Jongin.

Jongin sighed. "What's the point? You all know the story. You were all there."

"Yeah, but it's funny. Interesting," Taemin supported.

"Really?" Jongin said, looking around at all of them with a raised eyebrow. "You all have a weird sense of humor."

"He didn't mean 'haha'-funny, he meant interesting funny," Lu Han said. "Besides we all need to get through it."

Jongin and Sehun looked at each other. "Fine," Jongin said. "Let's just tell it."

 

"Kai?" Sehun knocked on Kai's door as he heard quiet sobs from inside. "Are you okay?" Kai didn't answer and he knocked on the door once again. "Kai? I know you're in there. I can hear you cry." Sehun smirked, but Kai still didn't reply. Sehun sighed and turned the doorknob. Inside Kai was curled up in his bed, legs under him and arms around himself. Sehun sighed once again at the crying boy in front of him. He went to the bed and sat down.

"Kai." Sehun put his hand on Kai's leg and he could feel the boy twitch. "What's wrong? Why are you crying? You never cry."

Kai quickly glanced at Sehun, but then turned away again. "You don't need to worry, Sehun. I'm older than you."

"You're not that much older. And you're my friend. I... I care about you." Sehun looked away and Kai looked at him. Then Sehun looked back and caught Kai's eye. "Tell me what's wrong."

Kai hesitated, but then sighed before answering Sehun's request. "Taemin broke up." He looked away, without really knowing what reaction to expect.

"Wait, broke up? How broke up? I thought you were best friends." Sehun looked confused.

Kai sighed at the innocent boy. "We were best friends, Sehun. But we were also... boyfriends..." His lips turned slightly upwards into a smile at the thought.

"Really?" Sehun looked at him with widened eyes. Kai nodded. "Oh." Sehun looked elsewhere again. "I thought you were just really close friends." Kai snorted and smirked; his face and eyes were still swollen and wet, but no tears fell.

"You know," Kai started, making Sehun look back at him. "You're a good friend, Sehun. Even though you're dumb." Kai smirked and Sehun pouted. Kai giggled and sat up in the bed. He wrapped his arms around Sehun in a hug. "Thank you," he whispered.

"For what?" Sehun looked wonderingly at him.

"For cheering me up," Kai said. "And for being my friend." Then he looked at Sehun. Just stared at him for a long time, and Sehun furrowed his eyebrows to look at him questioningly. But Kai ignored him and didn't explain, and then he slowly and almost unnoticeable leaned towards Sehun, until they were just an inch apart. Sehun's mouth had parted and he stared at his friend with wide eyes. Kai closed the gap between them to kiss the sweet pink lips and Sehun's eyes widened even further, for then to close entirely in bliss and understanding.

 

The next morning the door to Kai's bedroom opened, only to be shut quickly again. D.O. had opened the door, to see if Kai was okay: Kai was his good friend and he knew that Taemin had broken up with him, so he was concerned. But when he had opened the door, he was met by a sight which made his eyes grew even bigger and by reflex quickly shut it again: two bodies were curled up close next to each other, fast asleep. They were lying under the blanket, only revealing their upper bodies, and D.O. could only assume that their bottom parts weren't covered in anything either.

D.O. walked, with wide eyes and shocked expression from the bottom to the top, into the kitchen where the rest of the members were sitting eating breakfast.

The first one to notice the shocked looking boy was Chen.

"What's up, Kyungsoo?" he smiled at him and returned to his breakfast. But when D.O. didn't respond he looked at him again, questioningly. "Kyungsoo?"

D.O. turned his wide eyes and looked at Chen. Now the others also noticed him and they all looked up at him.

"Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol joined Chen. "What's wrong?"

"You look like you've seen a ghost," Baekhyun stated. D.O. turned his gaze and stared at Baekhyun instead.

"Seriously, what's wrong?" Baekhyun asked under D.O.'s staring gaze.

"It might as well had been a ghost..." D.O. quietly whispered, still with wide eyes. Tao twitched uncomfortably in his seat.

"What is it, Kyungsoo?" Kris asked, standing up and putting a hand on D.O.'s shoulder.

"Kai..." he said. "I went to see if he was okay, and I found him... and Sehun... lying in his bed... ." The members' eyes all grew wide and they looked at each other, twitching in their seats.

"What are you saying…?" Chanyeol said, even though he knew the answer.

"I think they are... you know... doing stuff together..."

"No, they can't do that. We're a team..." Suho said from his seat. D.O. shrugged.

"It looked like they did."

"Hold on, I'll check." Baekhyun stood up and determined went to Kai's room, with Chen following. Soon they came back with the same big eyes D.O. had had.

"Yup," Baekhyun said and nodded with wide eyes. "They're doing the nasty."

 

Around 12 am the door to Kai's bedroom opened once again, and now the two sleeping-'till-noon-boys came out. The members all stared at them when they entered the living room.

"What's wrong?" Kai furrowed his eyebrows at his glaring hyungs, wondering about what they were up to.

"We need to talk," Suho said, after looking at the other members and receiving small nods.

Kai sighed. "Not another group meeting, please, hyung."

Suho looked down, and then up at the two unknowing boys again. "D.O. found you." Kai and Sehun looked at each other, then at D.O. and then back at Suho.

"What are you talking about?" Kai asked him confused.

"We're a group. You can't sleep together. You can't have those feelings for one another," Suho said and the two boys mirrored the wide eyes all of them had had earlier. They were dumfounded and at loss for words.

"H-how do you know?" Sehun finally managed to breathe out.

"As I said, D.O. found you." Suho sighed. Sehun stared at D.O. with his mouth opened.

"But... but we..." Kai didn't know what to say.

"You need to think about the fact that we've gotten this opportunity, and we can't have those personal feelings involved. We can't let the fans down."

"What if it won't get in the way of our performances and when we're in front of our fans?" Kai exclaimed. He was getting a bit annoyed. "I mean, before when I was dating Taemin, it wasn't a problem! Why should it be now that I like Sehun?!" The members were all a bit surprised and taken aback of Kai's sudden attack and his change in mood, even though they knew about the second youngest's temper. "We haven't even had our debut yet!"

"Exactly. That's why we're asking you to stop now, before it gets serious." Suho took a step forward. "Kai," he said. "You also have to consider if this is what you want and need right now. You've just gotten out of a relationship and I know it was rough for you." Kai looked down and Sehun took his hand. He sadly smiled at Kai, telling him that it was okay, and Kai smiled back at Sehun.

"I like Sehun. He comforted me when I was sad and he's a good friend." Then he looked at the members, kind of pleading them to understand. "I won't stop. We like each other and it won't become a problem for us as a band. I promise. Just, please, give us a chance." The two boys looked at their members, hopefully waiting for acceptance. And the members looked around at each other, considering their answer.

 

"It ended after two weeks. Before our debut," Jongin ended the story. He held hands with Taemin, who kindly smiled at him. "And as I promised, it didn't get in the way of our performances!" he smirked.

"I've always wondered how you managed to do it," Lu Han said. "I mean, you kind of became closer after breaking up, without awkward tensions or anything between you." Jongin and Sehun nodded.

"That's actually true," Jongin said after thinking about it.

"We're just that good friends," Sehun said with a smirk, before smiling at Jongin. "Truth be told, we weren't really in love either. I think we just wanted to try it out." He shrugged.

"Yeah, and it was great." Jongin winked at Sehun, who stuck his tongue out.

"But how could you sleep with Sehun, almost right after Taemin broke up with you?" Kyungsoo asked, scrunching his nose.

Jongin shrugged and looked at Sehun, who smiled sadly at him and nodded, telling him that it was okay to tell them. "To be honest, it was kind of a rebound thing, I guess. At that moment I didn't really think about what I did, I think. I was just so sad about Taemin breaking up with me, and then Sehun came and he was pretty and innocent and he made me stop crying. I mistook my friendly feelings as something else. I was just a mess of confused feelings." He looked at Taemin, who leaned his head on his shoulder.

"How did you feel about it, Sehun?" Chanyeol asked Sehun, and they all looked at the man. He shrugged.

"It was a deal," he just said. "I knew that Jongin only used me to get over Taemin, but it kind of worked for me. I didn't feel bad about it. Besides I liked the idea of losing it to my best friend. No regrets or bad experiences." He smiled at Jongin who smiled back. "And we did get closer after that, so it was fine."

"I really can't understand you two's relationship." Minseok shook his head. "You're friends, like brothers, but yet lovers. You aren't in love, but don't feel awkward. I don't get it. How can you...?" he didn't even know what to ask.

The two boys smiled and shrugged. They couldn't explain it either.

One who'd been sitting still throughout the story, was Zitao: he looked at the floor with a somewhat sad expression on his face. Sehun took his hand and made him look at him.

"I love you the most, don't worry," he whispered in his ear, making Zitao smile. Then Sehun leaned in and kissed his lips.

"Hey, cut it out! Keep it PG13, please," Jongdae exclaimed. Sehun and Zitao broke the kiss and smiled at each other.

"Speaking of which, you might want to come up with a different story to tell the kids. Ji Yong might be 13, but my sweet little Taehyungie isn't ready to hear about all those things!" Baekhyun said and everyone laughed agreeing.

 


 

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thank you for reading! Have a nice upcoming week :)