Chapter 5

How I Met Your Appa

Chapter five

Lu Han picked his 7 year old son and 9 year old daughter up from school and they sat in the car.

"So how was it in school today?" Lu Han asked them as he drove off.

"Fine," they said in synchronization.

"Can we pick up Ji Yong hyung, too?" Chanhee asked.

"Um, no, your brother doesn't get off from school at the same time you do," Lu Han said as he watched the road. They remained silent the rest of the drive home, and after fifteen minutes they arrived at their door. The three went inside and took off their coats.

"Do you have homework to do?" Lu Han asked the kids as he went to the kitchen.

"Yes," they said at the same time.

"It would be great if you could do them before appa comes home, and then after you have finished them you can play, okay?" As the kids nodded he continued, "I have soccer practice later on, so when Ji Yong or appa comes home, I'll be leaving, so if you need my help I am here now."

"Baba?" Sohee said, as she sat by the dining table with her homework.

"Yeah?"

"I need your help."

Lu Han smiled and walked over to her.

 

At three o'clock Lu Han had to go. Neither Minseok or Ji Yong had come home yet, but he knew that Ji Yong would be home within the next half hour, so he figured it was okay. He had knocked on his neighbor's door though, to ask her to keep an eye on his kids. Half past three Ji Yong came home and thanked the neighbor for keeping an eye on his siblings, and then she left again. Now it was only the three kids alone in the house.

Minseok and Lu Han had made Ji Yong babysit a couple of times, but not for more than three hours. And Ji Yong knew that his parents would be home soon, so he didn't worry about it. Besides, his younger siblings weren't difficult to look after. Usually.

"Ji Yong oppa!" Sohee called and walked into his room. Ji Yong was sitting by his desk doing his homework.

"What is it?" he asked Sohee and looked up from the papers.

"I'm hungry," she said.

"Then go make something to eat." Ji Yong looked back at the papers on his desk and Sohee pouted.

"But you're supposed to make it. You're the babysitter."

"Sohee, you're 9 years old, and appa and baba wouldn't do it for you either. You know that."

Sohee walked out of Ji Yong's bedroom and went to the kitchen instead, where Chanhee sat by the counter.

"He doesn't want to help; we'll have to do it ourselves." She opened the fridge and took out bread and jam.

"Chanhee, I have to go to the bathroom, can you cut the bread?" she said and went to the bathroom, when Chanhee nodded.

But just as Chanhee took the knife and arranged it on the bread, it slipped and he accidentally cut his finger.

"Auch!" he yelled and tears starting forming in his eyes.

"What is it?" Ji Yong called from his room as he heard Chanhee's scream. Chanhee didn't answer. Instead he started crying and Ji Yong ran out of his room and into the kitchen, where he found the crying Chanhee.

"What happened?" Ji Yong asked and he saw Chanhee's bloody finger as his younger brother stretched his arm out in front of him.

"Sohee?" Ji Yong called and Sohee replied with a "yeah?" as she came to the kitchen.

"Can you get me the patches from the bathroom, please?" Ji Yong said and quickly put Chanhee's bleeding finger under the running water. Sohee saw the blood and widened her eyes. "Quickly!" Ji Yong demanded and Sohee ran to the bathroom. Soon he heard a bump and a second later things fell to the floor. "What happened?!" Ji Yong called and he heard his sister's voice reply as she came to the kitchen.

"I fell off the chair as I was reaching for the patches, and then everything fell down." Sohee gave the patches to Ji Yong, and he was relieved she didn't seem like her eyes were tearing up.

"And are you okay?" Ji Yong asked and Sohee nodded. Ji Yong sighed relieved and gently dabbed Chanhee's finger with a paper towel. Chanhee had stopped crying now, and after Ji Yong had put on a patch on his brother's finger he kneeled down in front of him.

"Can you tell me what happened, Chanhee?" Ji Yong said with a gentle and kind voice.

Chanhee slightly nodded and sniffled, before mumbling: "I needed to cut the bread, but the knife hit my finger. And then it started bleeding." His lip started trembling again and Ji Yong spoke.

"What do you say if I make you food, and then we can do something together?" Chanhee nodded at this with a pout. Ji Yong smiled and stood up. Then he started cutting the bread, and said, "After we've eaten, you have to put the things that fell onto the floor back on the shelf, Sohee." Sohee nodded, and the two kids looked at Ji Yong as he prepared their food.

 

When they were done eating, it was fifteen minutes past four. The two kids sat by the dining table where they had eaten while the oldest was cleaning the dishes.

"So what do you want to do?" Ji Yong asked his younger siblings, as he dried the plates. Both of them shrugged. "Come on, please come up with something. I don't have all day; I've got to do my homework."

"We can help you, hyung!" Chanhee exclaimed happily, already over the incident before. It was like it never happened.

"You can't. You don't know how," Ji Yong said, and sat on a chair by the dining table in front of the two kids.

"Can we play on your computer, oppa?" Sohee asked.

Ji Yong didn't even take a second to think about it. "No!" Both kids pouted.

"When will appa and baba be home?"

Ji Yong sighed.

 

At half past five, Minseok and Lu Han came home.

"Hello?" Lu Han called in the hallway. Nobody answered. "Is anybody home?" Lu Han and Minseok furrowed their eyebrows, as they once again didn't receive any response. Together the two of them searched their home, until they were standing outside their teenage boy's room.

"Hello?" Minseok said as they opened the door and stepped in. Inside they were met with a sight rarely seen: Ji Yong was sitting by his desk supposedly doing his homework, as he was scribbling on a piece of paper; meanwhile Sohee and Chanhee were sitting in his bed with Ji Yong's laptop, laughing at something on the screen in front of them.

"Hey, what's going on?" Lu Han asked with a smile.

"Baba!" Sohee and Chanhee exclaimed as they jumped off the bed and hugged Lu Han. Lu Han laughed.

"It's good to see you too!"

"Don't I get to receive a hug as well?" Minseok pouted. The kids grinned and hugged him too.

"So what's going on? What were you looking at on the laptop? And is Ji Yong okay with you borrowing his computer?" Lu Han asked.

"Yeah, we asked him." Sohee smiled.

"How's it been?" Minseok asked Ji Yong.

"Fine," Ji Yong replied with a shrug. Minseok smiled.

"Are you doing your homework?"

"Yeah, I'm almost done," Ji Yong nodded.

"They didn't bother you?"

"No, they were fine."

"Oh no! You did not search on that!" Minseok turned around as he heard Lu Han's exclamation; he was sitting on Ji Yong's bed with the computer in his lap, seeing what the two kids had been laughing at.

"What is it?" Minseok came over to the bed and saw the screen: pictures of himself, Lu Han and the rest of the EXO members were showing brightly on the screen.

"Why did both of you have pink hair?" Sohee laughed. Luhan and Minseok looked at each other and laughed.

"So, they didn't bother you, huh?" Minseok smirked at Ji Yong, who also started laughing.

"Not other than continuously showing me pictures of you with pink hair or other weird dress codes!" Ji Yong laughed. "It was a bit difficult to concentrate."

"I bet!" Minseok laughed. "But luckily you've already seen every one of the pictures!"

"What?" Ji Yong said, trying to contain his laughter.

"Yeah, when you were younger, you kept wanting to look at the pictures from our younger times," Lu Han said with a smile. "You even told us that you wanted to have pink hair as well!" Ji Yong raised his eyebrows, as each of his siblings laughed.

The family laughed for a good time: even more when one mentioned Sehun's rainbow colored hair, or Zitao's blue one. But the laughter stopped, when Lu Han asked about the mess being in the bathroom.


A/N: I changed Chanhee's age in this chapter (in the foreword it says he's 8), because his birthday is in November, ergo he hasn't turned 8 yet... Ji Yong is 12 as he didn't have his birthday yet either.

I hope you liked this chapter ^_^