Chapter 29

How I Met Your Appa

Angry!Soo O_O'

 


 

Chapter 29

Four adults were cleaning the table after breakfast, while the kids were playing outside and the rest of the parents were doing whatever; talking and stuff. Kyungsoo piled the rest of the dirty plates that the kids had left behind.

"So, you two seem quite friendly this morning," he said, remembering the couple's quarrels from the past day. He walked towards the kitchen with Baekhyun and Chanyeol following close behind, each of them carrying dishes. "How did you make up?" He turned his head and gave them a quick glance, as he put the plates down on the kitchen counter where Jongdae was getting the dishwasher ready.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol smirked as they looked at each other. Then Baekhyun shrugged with a not so innocent smile towards Kyungsoo and Jongdae who both looked curiously at them.

"We made up."

Chanyeol s his hand down Baekhyun's back, and Baekhyun tried hard not to laugh. Jongdae and Kyungsoo stared at them with shocked faces.

"You didn't?!" Jongdae exclaimed. Baekhyun and Chanyeol just nodded.

"And with the kids so close by?" Kyungsoo was taken aback. Baekhyun shrugged.

"Well..."

"I can't believe you guys!" Kyungsoo said.

"Well somebody has to on this vacation!" Baekhyun stuck out his tongue.

"Is that really your answer?" Kyungsoo asked repelled. Baekhyun shrugged nonchalantly. "And you're just going to... you know... whenever you fight?!"

"Hey, it's not like we didn't talk about our misunderstanding!" Chanyeol argued. Then he couldn't help but smile mischievously. "We just didn't get very far with that..."

"Besides it's none of your business how we deal with our unimportant quarrels!" Baekhyun defended from Kyungsoo's accusation.

"It is when you flaunt it like that!" Kyungsoo exclaimed, his arms waving in the air.

"Hey," Jongdae said and tried calming Kyungsoo down by standing in front of him and looking him in the eyes. He put his hands on his shoulders. "If they want to fix it like that, we shouldn't be arguing against them. It's their decision, not ours."

Kyungsoo was still kind of shocked and somewhat pissed at Baekhyun and Chanyeol's (immature) action, but looked at Jongdae and then sighed. "Fine," he mumbled. He looked past Jongdae at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. "I'm sorry," he said. "I shouldn't be degrading your choice like that. All I ask, is if you would be careful next time: I don't want my kids to be scarred for life."

"We locked the door!" Baekhyun said in a defending tone, but Jongdae turned his head and glared at him, telling him not to make an issue, resulting in Baekhyun looking down at the floor like a harmed puppy.

"And we were quiet..." Chanyeol mumbled, but were also facing the floor.

 

Now it was early noon, the kids were playing ball games and swimming outside, the parents looking at them and talking. Sandara walked out of the door to the terrace, her phone in her hands, laughing, supposedly at a text she'd received. She sat down in a chair.

"What's that?" Kyungsoo asked, glaring at her phone. She turned her head to him and furrowed her eyebrows.

"My phone?"

"Yes, but what's it doing in your hand?" Kyungsoo asked again.

"I'm texting?"

"But didn't Jongdae take it from you?"

"Yeah? But I figured I was nicer now, so I took it back." She shrugged and turned her attention back to the phone. Kyungsoo sat straight up in the chair.

"You what?" he said loudly and gained back Sandara's attention. "You are grounded, Sandara! You are not allowed those things in your possession! It's barely enough you have to be in this luxurious house, you are not allowed stuff like that when you are grounded!" He stood up and grabbed the phone from her hand.

"Hey!" she exclaimed and straightened up.

"Hey, what?!" Kyungsoo turned back to her. She was taken aback and shrunk in the chair by the glare glowing from her uncle. "I thought so." He closed the door behind him as he went inside the house.

 

Because they'd walked around all day yesterday, they had decided that they would just stay at the house today. But that didn't stop the kids from running and playing and being noisy. And around twelve o'clock, Kyungsoo had had enough, so he went inside and started making lunch. Jongin and Baekhyun helped him; though Baekhyun was actually pretty much just sitting by the table and chatting.

Half an hour later they had made kimchi and were about to carry out plates and other tableware they were going to use, to the dining table.

"Jongin, will you please tell the guys and the kids that the lunch is ready?" Kyungsoo asked as he put down the plates. Jongin nodded and went out the terrace door. Kyungsoo turned back into the kitchen to carry out the pot of kimchi. When he came back into the dining room, he heard Baekhyun's voice.

"We've made kimchi and it's delicious!"

Kyungsoo watched as everyone sat down around the table with big smiles. But biggest of all was Baekhyun's as he proudly sat down at the table's end.

Kyungsoo put the pot down on the table.

"You didn't even help, Baekhyun," he said, sitting down at the other end of the table. Everyone went silent at his words.

"I helped!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "I talked with you..."

"You talked with yourself," Kyungsoo simply stated. "You can't say 'we've made kimchi' when you didn't even help making it."

"Ey, come on, Kyungsoo," Jongdae said by his side. "Did you really think Baekhyun wasn't going to take credit? He can't help it! That's just the way he is." Kyungsoo saw Baekhyun shrug and smirk smugly but innocently, by the corner of his eye. Jongdae twitched when Kyungsoo turned his glaring eyes towards him.

"Are you defending him?" he asked smoothly, with a voice that could cut through glass.

"Um no, I'm just saying that you can't blame him, because it's in his nature to..." Jongdae's voice died out by Kyungsoo's continuation of a death glare.

"Maybe I'm not that hungry after all." Kyungsoo stood and left his seat, heading towards his bedroom. The dining room was left in silence. Jongdae was about to stand up from his seat too, to follow after his husband, but Lu Han interrupted him.

"Maybe you shouldn't go after him," he said. Jongdae looked at him, puzzled. "I think he just needs some time alone." Jongdae sighed and sat back down.

"Did I say something wrong?" he asked nervously and confused around the table, looking at all the adults.

Lu Han hesitated. "He just needs some time," he repeated. Jongdae looked down at his plate, contemplating what had just happened.

"It was Baekhyun's fault..." he mumbled and Baekhyun glared up at him, but luckily Minseok cut him off in whatever he was about to say.

"Mmh, it looks delicious, Jongin," he said motioning to the food. Jongin smiled and Minseok took a bite.

"Yeah, it sure does!" Chanyeol agreed, also putting a mouthful in his mouth.

"Thank you," Jongin said. He also began eating and soon the kids started as well. There was a thick awkward silence surrounding the dining room, but everyone tried their best to ignore it. Jongdae and Baekhyun didn't look at each other or anyone else for that matter, just kept glaring at their food as they ate in silence.

 

In the afternoon everyone had gathered in the living room. Jongdae had apologized for whatever it was he had done towards Kyungsoo, and so had Baekhyun. Neither of them really knew what they had done to make the small man's blood boil, but they felt the responsibility to apologize. Kyungsoo only forgave them when Jongdae had felt really sincere and actually started to annoy him a bit by his earnest apology over and over again.

Now Kyungsoo and Jongdae were sitting in the couch, leaning against one another, with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, too. All the other parents were also sitting in the living room, spread out over the couches and armchairs.

Namjoo, who had sat down on the floor leaning against the couch and looking in a book, turned to Kyungsoo.

"Papa, who has the biggest feet out of all of you?"

Kyungsoo looked at her.

"I don't know, Namjoo. Why do you want to know that?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, because Sandara told me that men with big feet have big packages. So I want to know who has the biggest feet, so I can tell who will give me the biggest present for my birthday," Namjoo answered with her innocent little-girl-logic.

"Sandara!" Kyungsoo exclaimed and turned around, staring at the girl who couldn't stop laughing.

"What?" she said in between laughs.

"Why would you tell my daughter that? She's six! She doesn't understand! Besides it's not even...!" Kyungsoo didn't know what to say, he didn't know how to end his sentence.

"Not even what?" Sandara laughed. "It's funny! It doesn't matter that she wouldn't understand, that's not the point!"

"Then what's the point?!" Kyungsoo exclaimed. "To get my daughter to believe in such rumors? To get her fixed on those things?!"

"I don't know what you're on about. I just thought it would be funny!"

"Well it's not! Now somebody will have to explain to her what you meant by your statement! And that's most likely to be me. So thank you!"

"What? I don't see the big deal. She doesn't understand. It's a harmless joke." Sandara shrugged and tried with a smile.

"Well it's not funny. Grow up!" Kyungsoo yelled. Sandara looked hurt and all the kids around the room pulled together; either moving closely to each other or to their parents. They had never seen their uncle Kyungsoo like that, and to be honest it was quite a scary view.

"You've got to pull yourself together! You crossed a line. You may be older now, but why are you acting so immaturely?!" Kyungsoo continued. Jongdae put a hand on his shoulder, wanting to calm him down.

"Kyungsoo," he said quietly, but got shut down by Kyungsoo's glare.

"You might want to calm down, Kyungsoo," Yi Fan said with a firm almost threatening voice. Kyungsoo suddenly became aware of his surroundings and he looked around the room: Namjoo, who had been sitting by her appa's legs, had moved away together with her brother, as he was now covering his ears with his hands and having Yixing hugging him; Namjoo was patting Jonghyun's back, trying to be the responsible sister even though there were only a few months’ difference. Junhong had retreated to his baba's arms, while Sehun had taken the responsibility of lifting Hayoung, in case she'd be uncomfortable or frightened too. Changjo was leaning against Taemin's legs and Taemin had wrapped his arms around him, somewhat protecting him. Minki on the other hand didn't seem frightened or worried, instead he was following the scene with curiosity and interest; so was Taehyung as his eyes grew big and he forgot to close his mouth. In contrast to Minki though, he was holding onto the armchair's material and twitched at every other high pitched sound coming from Kyungsoo, showing slight shock and fear.

Kyungsoo's facial expression changed immediately: where he'd before showed pure anger with yelling and furrowed eyebrows, he now parted his lips, slightly open mouthed and wide eyed, being surprised of his own actions and sudden anger.

"I am so sorry," he said. He looked at his own two kids who stared at him with fear, shock and sadness. He didn't like to see his children like that, he didn't want them to be afraid of him. It hurt his heart. But he was also quite shocked and scared of himself; he didn't know he felt this angry. He wanted to do something, but he found his kids moving away from him. He stood from the couch before anyone could say anything. Then he walked to the hallway, going out the front door. Then he was gone.

 


 

A/N: Poor kids seeing their papa/uncle that mad... Kyungsoo is really angry... T^T

Happy Valentines day, guys! I hope you spent the day with all the things and people you love ^_^ And don't worry, I haven't forgotten about my promise; I will post a TaeKai bonus soon (hopefully)! And I hope it didn't ruin your day of happiness with a little Angry!Soo~

As always: thank you for subscribing! And thank you for commenting! And thank you for reading my story in general! (^o^) I can't believe I have 134 subscribers!!

*HUGS* until next time <3