Chapter 42

How I Met Your Appa

                                                                          

 


 

Chapter 42

"You used half a bottle?! It's 35%!" Baekhyun exclaimed as he examined the green bottle in his hand. Jonghyun, Junhong and Ji Yong had been put to bed and the parents were talking around the table. The rest of the kids were all playing outside, except for Aron who was sitting between his baba and dad, still feeling guilty.

Aron didn't answer his aunt's question, since it was pretty obvious that the bottle was indeed half empty. Instead he looked down at his legs. Yi Fan put a hand on his shoulder.

"Aron, you don't need to feel guilty, okay?" he said. Aron looked up at his dad.

"But what about hyung and Jonghyun and Junhong?" he said. "They're not feeling well."

"They're going to be fine, Aron," Yi Fan assured him.

"My sweet Aron," Yixing said and Aron turned to the other side to look at his baba. "You don't have to worry about them. When they wake up from their sleep, they will feel a lot better. It wasn't your fault. Now you just need to have fun, okay? Go outside and play with the others," Yixing reassured his son and smiled at him.

Aron hesitated before dragging himself outside, his head bowed and his arms limp by his side. The other parents seemed to wait until he was out of hearing range before they began speaking.

"As if you didn't think about others too," Baekhyun said. Yixing looked at him confused.

"Huh?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "I can't believe you're forcing your son out to play, when he's just being like you; worrying too much about others before caring about yourself."

"I don't worry too much about others," Yixing said. "You can't worry too much about others."

"I just mean that it's weird you're not proud of him for actually worrying that much about them," Baekhyun said, with a small smile, showing he wasn't offending him.

"I am proud of him!" Yixing exclaimed.

"Okay okay." Baekhyun put his arms up in surrender. "Sorry."

Yixing took a breath and sighed, giving Baekhyun a smile. "He's still a kid. I'm very happy that he cares about others, he just needs to care about himself too. He's only a kid and he has to feel that we can actually worry and take care of him still. I don't want him to grow up yet. He's not done..."

"Done?" Jongin furrowed his brows. "Are you cooking a chicken or something?" They laughed and Yixing looked embarrassed. Yi Fan took his hand.

They heard steps and turned towards the terrace door and noticed Byunghun and Changjo sneaking inside.

"What's going on?" Taemin asked with a grin at his sons as they were walking on tip toes. Byunghun had Changjo's hand in his.

"Shh," the oldest boy shushed with a finger to his lips. "We're playing hide and seek. Namjoo's it." He and Changjo hurried over to the staircase.

"Try not to be too loud. Ji Yong is sleeping," Lu Han said after them. Byunghun and Changjo nodded as they went up the stairs. Taemin and Jongin looked after them with smiles, and Taemin took Jongin's hand.

"Where's oppa?" Hayoung came running inside, moving her head from side to side and looking around.

"Who, sweetie?" Zitao asked her with a smile while he twirled her hair between his fingers. She shook her head, pushing her baba's hand away.

"Byunghun oppa," she said.

"He ran upstairs with Changjo," Taemin answered her and she ran towards the stairs.

"But be quiet, honey," Lu Han said after her, though she didn't reply back as she was already gone.

They heard laughs from outside and figured the kids had run to the other side of the house.

"It's so nice that the kids can play together," Yi Fan stated.

"Yes, and also that the older kids want to play with the younger," Taemin agreed.

"Yeah, I really miss you guys," Yixing said with a sad look on his face.

"Why? Why this so suddenly, hyung?" Baekhyun exclaimed confused.

"Sorry, guys," Yixing said. "It's just been so long. And I'm so thankful that Aron can play with the others still; even though we haven't seen you for so long." Yi Fan gave his hand a squeeze and Yixing laid his head on his shoulder.

"It's okay, hyung," Sehun said with a hesitant mumble. Yixing smiled at him and his hand with his thump after grabbing it.

"Of course they'll always want to play with him," Baekhyun said as if there was no such question. "You're family!"

"Hyung, we've missed you too," Jongdae smiled at Yixing. "And we're so glad that you're finally..." Jongdae didn't get to finish his sentence when they suddenly heard a scream from outside. Everyone looked towards the terrace entrance with wide eyes.

"Appa! Come quick!" Taehyung had come running inside and pulled on Chanyeol's sleeve. Chanyeol widened his eyes and ran outside after his son.

"Jongdae!" The deep voice of a yelling Chanyeol could be heard inside and Jongdae and Kyungsoo widened their eyes further and hurried outside, the rest of the parents following behind. They managed to get outside the house just in time to see Chanyeol, fully clothed, jump into the pool.

"What's going on?" someone mumbled with a gasp, but neither Jongdae or Kyungsoo heard, as both of them hurried down the small hill towards the pool. Chanyeol helped the little girl up from the water, lifting her while being inside the pool himself. She was crying, obviously in shock, but conscious.

"Oh, sweetie." Jongdae knelt by the pool, hugging Namjoo as she climbed to the ground. She sobbed and Jongdae lifted her in his arms. Kyungsoo hugged her too and together they comforted the little girl.

"I'll go find the others," Minseok mumbled from the terrace and with Joonmyun left inside the house, to find the rest of the children, telling them that the game was over.

"Why does this vacation keep going wrong?" Yixing said with a pout and turned to Yi Fan. Yi Fan pouted at him and kissed his forehead.

"Don't be like that, hyung. Why are you so depressing?" Baekhyun interrupted them. Yixing glared at him.

"I'm not depressing..." he mumbled. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, right."

Jongdae and Kyungsoo came to the house, Kyungsoo carrying Namjoo and Chanyeol following behind with Taehyung in his arms. None of them said anything. Jongdae and Kyungsoo just quietly pushed themselves past the staring adults inside the house and Chanyeol just took Baekhyun's hand with a sad look on his face. Taehyung leaned his head in the crook of his appa's neck. They all went inside.

Jongdae and Kyungsoo went to their daughter's room with Namjoo. They closed the door behind them, and Minseok and Joonmyun came inside from the front door with the rest of the children.

"What happened, appa?" Byunghun asked. He, Changjo and Hayoung were sitting in the couch. They all looked at the parents and the rest of the children joined them in the living room.

"Namjoo fell in the water," Jongin said. He actually didn't know what had happened and didn't know what else to say.

"Taehyung, did you see what happened?" Lu Han asked when Chanyeol sat down in the armchair with Taehyung on his lap. Taehyung shook his head.

"We played hide and seek and she found me. And I ran from her, but I'm actually not supposed to run away in hide and seek," he said truthfully and a bit embarrassed. "And suddenly she was gone and she yelled that I should get help. So I got appa." He looked at his appa. Chanyeol patted his head with a small smile.

"You did good, Taehyung," Chanyeol said.

"But I wasn't supposed to run away from her," Taehyung said. He seemed to be troubled and he pouted.

"You didn't do anything wrong, sweetie," Baekhyun said and kissed his head reassuringly.

"Yeah, your eomma would have done the same." Lu Han winked at Taehyung, and Baekhyun just turned to glare at him.

 

Now all of them were sitting in the living room. Namjoo had somewhat recovered and was resting in her appa's embrace. Two of who had slept, had also recovered and were sitting together with the big family in the living room; Jonghyun was sitting in Kyungsoo's lap and Junhong sat in Sehun's. Ji Yong was still sleeping and his parents didn't want to wake him up - not that either Sehun or Kyungsoo had woken up the boys.

The parents had agreed that it was best if they settled down inside, because the kids had experienced so much in only a few hours. Therefore, they decided to tell stories. But some of the kids still had a lot of energy and wanted to play.

"Can't we please play still? It's not even night time, we haven't even eaten dinner yet," Amber said with a pout.

"If you want to play, honey, you can play," Taeyeon said to her with a kind smile. "But your uncles will still tell stories, so you're going to miss that." Amber hesitated and looked at her cousins.

"Do you want to play?" she asked them.

"We can play basketball," Byunghun suggested.

"But you're not even good at basketball." Luna smirked teasingly. Byunghun ignored her.

"Okay, let's go," Amber said and stood up. Byunghun, Luna, Chanhee, Aron and Sohee followed her outside.

"Can we play outside too?" Taehyung asked. He was still sitting in Chanyeol's lap in the armchair.

"No, I don't want you to play outside," Baekhyun said, not even thinking twice about it. He seemed shocked at himself for a millisecond but quickly covered it up.

Taehyung pouted.

"Maybe you can draw while you listen to stories?" Jongdae suggested him, knowing that the kid could be a bit restless at times. Namjoo turned in her seat on Jongdae's lap to look at her appa.

"Can I draw too?" she asked. Jongdae grinned.

"Of course!" Jongdae then looked around at the other parents. "Zitao, will you please go get some papers and pens?" he asked Zitao. Zitao glared at him. "Sorry, it's just that you don't have a child on your lap. I would do it myself but..." He shrugged with an 'apologetic' grin. Zitao rolled his eyes, but then stood nonetheless.

"You could have asked Joonmyun hyung or Yi Fan ge to do it. They don't have a child to carry either. Or even Baekhyun hyung," Zitao argued. Yixing, Jongin, Taeyeon and Minseok were also some who didn't have small children to hold. Hayoung was sitting with Lu Han and Minki was sitting on the floor.

"Yeah, but he asked you, so just do it," Baekhyun said with a poker face. But if you knew him, you would know that he was grinning from ear to ear smugly in his mind. Zitao made a grimace.

"There's some paper in our room," Taemin said, sitting with Changjo on the floor. "You're welcome to take that; it's in the drawer."

Zitao turned around, going towards Taemin and Jongin's bedroom. Baekhyun stuck out his tongue after him and grinned, finally letting go of his smugness. Jongdae and Chanyeol laughed at him.

A moment later Zitao came back with papers and pens, putting them on the coffee table. Taehyung and Minki crawled closer to the table and Namjoo reached her hand out, giving her appa the indication of giving her a paper and pen. He did what she wanted, and the three kids happily began drawing; one in the lap of her appa, the two others sitting on the floor, concentrating.

"Papa, please tell the story," Jonghyun said from Kyungsoo's lap. He sounded tired and he leaned his head heavily against his papa's chest. Kyungsoo sent a worried look towards Jongdae, but Jongdae just smiled reassuringly at him, as he could see his son's face and could tell that he was okay.

"Minki, be careful with the coloring, okay?" Joonmyun said, looking behind Minki's shoulder. Minki was about to color out of the paper, but nodded at his father's warning.

"Taehyung, you too," Chanyeol said, but the boy didn't seem to listen when he made a big arm movement, accidentally drawing a line on the table with his black marker. "Taehyung! I said careful!" Chanyeol exclaimed. The boy looked up from his drawing surprised, and Chanyeol hurried to the kitchen to get a wet cloth.

"Don't worry, he's just being artistic," Baekhyun said, when Chanyeol came back with the cloth in hand.

"Try saying that to the man who rented us this house," Joonmyun said, while Chanyeol tried washing the line off. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

"Well, I think it was pretty," he said and Taehyung smiled at him, when his eomma spread his arms for the boy to get into his embrace.

"I think it's pretty too - as long as it's not on the furniture," Chanyeol said and rubbed the table one last time.

"Sorry, appa," Taehyung said. Chanyeol sighed and got up from the floor. He smiled a little at his son.

"It's okay, Taehyung, I got it off. Just be more careful next time, okay?" The boy nodded with a smile and Chanyeol went out the kitchen with the cloth again.

"Just put another paper under it, jeez," Baekhyun said and lifted Taehyung's drawing from the table, to put another clean paper under it. Now Taehyung had a bigger area. The boy sat on the floor again and continued drawing - now a bit more careful.

"So can we hear the story now?" Hayoung asked.

 


 

A/N: Hey, my dear readers! Another accident happened to the kids... sorry :/

Next chapter will be storytime (KaiSoo), so I hope you look forward to it ^_^

A lot has happened and I'm only going to comment shortly on some of it.

First, Agust D, aka Min Yoongi/Suga from BTS, has released his mixtape and it is perfection and swag and everything you could wish from that boy! He is so talented! Check it out! Agust D!

Second, CL's music video and song "Lifted" is also out and it is truly great. I think I'm addicted..

Third, NU'EST had a comeback!! Yes! And it's awesome! Please go check it out if you haven't, and support them; they deserve a win! <3

And then Jungkook (BTS) just had his birthday, happy birthday, Kookie <3

And today it's f(x)'s 7th anniversary!! Yay! Congratulations!! \(^_^)/

Everyone, thank you so much for reading and subcribing <3

I hope you liked this chapter. Stay respectful to each other and I'll see ya next time ~