Chapter 41

How I Met Your Appa

                                                       

Get ready for a crazy chapter XD

(Ji Yong on the pictures)


 

Chapter 41

After breakfast the parents decided to go to a museum. None of the kids wanted to go and therefore they stayed at the house with Baekhyun and Chanyeol, since they needed some adults to stay back. When the parents drove off around noon, Baekhyun and Chanyeol went to the pool to go swimming. They had told Ji Yong to look after the kids and call for them whenever they needed help.

"What are we going to do?" Namjoo asked, sitting down on the couch besides Ji Yong. "Oppa," she whined.

"I don't know what you want to do, Namjoo," Ji Yong replied and put down his book on the table.

"I want to play a game," Taehyung announced.

"What game?" Amber asked.

"A puzzle!" Minki said excited.

"Do you have one with you, Minki?" Byunghun asked him. Minki shook his head.

"But Chanhee hyung does!"

"You're not going to ruin my puzzle more than you already have," Chanhee said firmly from the armchair. Minki pouted.

"The floor is made of lava!" Taehyung exclaimed suddenly. All the younger kids immediately jumped on top of the furniture. The older kids looked at them confused.

"Excuse me?" Luna asked.

"You can't touch the ground," Taehyung said as he was standing on the couch he had previously been sitting on.

"It's the game where you can't touch the ground, and if you do, you're dead," Jonghyun explained to his confused noonas and hyungs.

"Oh that game!" Luna said, now smiling. "That's so much fun. Let's do that!" The kids grinned when they agreed, and soon everyone was jumping from couch to chair to pillow around the living room. Except for Aron, who decided to play a little game by himself. He went to the kitchen.

"I'm going to make a little surprise drink for everyone," he mumbled to himself and giggled mischievously while he found glasses for his cousins. Then he looked out the window to make sure his uncle and aunt wouldn't suddenly barge in; Baekhyun and Chanyeol were happily swimming in the pool, acting like kids as they threw with the beach ball and played with the blow-up animals. Aron rolled his eyes.

"I can't believe I'm more mature than them," he mumbled, but giggled yet again when he remembered about his mission. He went back to the fridge and looked inside: soy sauce, ketchup, wasabi, chili sauce, eggs, milk, juice, lemon juice, honey and vitamin drink. That can be useful, he thought and took everything out on the table. Not the eggs though; he didn't want them to get sick. Then he looked in the freezer, checking if anything interesting was missing, and noticed a green bottle. What was that?

"Soju?" he read from the bottle. He didn't know what it was. He opened the lid and sniffed. "Ew!" he exclaimed and put the lid back on. "That's going in there too!"

Aron set up 14 glasses in a row; one for each kid including himself. Though he would wait for his own drink for last. He put various amounts of each liquid in the glasses, so that each drink would end up different from the other. He didn't put every ingredient in all the glasses though; it had to fit together. He smiled to himself after he finished and looked at the drinks; some were red, some were green, some were black. Some were clear, some were more milk-like. His own was orange like orange juice. They would never guess anything. Nor would they be suspicious.

He put everything he had used back to their places and found a tray. Then he put every glass on it, making sure he could tell his own apart from the rest. He had prepared one especially for each cousin. But before he took the tray to the living room, he quickly filled two more glasses with orange juice.

"Junhong?" he called into the living room.

"Yes?" Junhong replied.

"Can you do me a favor?"

Junhong hesitated, standing on a pillow. "But if I touch the ground I die."

Aron sighed and went into the living room. Then he grabbed the kid who swung his arms around Aron's neck, and Aron carried him quickly to the kitchen where he put him down.

"What is it, hyung?" Junhong asked and looked curiously up at the table with the tray.

"Don't mind that," Aron said quickly, afraid the boy would already suspect him of anything. He gained back Junhong's attention. "Will you do me a favor and walk out to uncle Chanyeol and aunt Baekhyun with these two glasses? I've made them some drinks."

Junhong nodded obediently and took the glasses, before walking through the living room and outside the house, going down the little hill and passing the glasses to his uncle and aunt. He quickly returned back inside the kitchen to Aron. Aron thanked him and took the tray from the counter, as he and Junhong went inside the living room.

"I've made you some drinks," he announced and the kids paused their game and turned their attention towards him. Then they all went closer, and he put the tray on the table, before passing everyone their personally made drink. When he had given them permission to drink, he quickly took a sip of his own before discreetly walking to the other side of the table.

"Ew, what is this?!" Amber exclaimed and looked down at the green drink she had tasted. "It tastes like wasabi!" Aron had a hard time trying not to laugh.

"Mine tastes like ketchup. I feel like I've just drunk a bunch of ketchup!" Luna stuck out her tongue as the taste hit her taste buds.

"And mine tastes like soy sauce. Did you put soy sauce in this?!" Byunghun asked outraged, looking at Aron with a scrunched nose after tasting the black content. Aron couldn't hide his giggles anymore.

"This hurts my teeth!" Minki said with his face scrunched up. He put the glass on the table and the content splashed, making a small puddle underneath itself. "It's lemon juice."

"Not purely!" Aron grinned.

"And what's yours?" Chanhee demanded to know, taking a few long steps towards Aron, making it impossible for Aron to get away before he snatched the glass out of his hand. He took a small sip. "This is orange juice!" he announced to the others who looked really unsatisfied. "You drink orange juice, while mine tastes like dirty socks!" he exclaimed and Aron laughed harder.

"What is this?" Ji Yong mumbled curiously and confused. He had already drunk half a glass of whatever his contained.

"Does yours taste good?" Amber asked him.

"I'm not sure," he replied and hesitantly tasted again. Aron had the hugest grin on his face. "It tastes like... something sour... but there's also something sweet like honey..."

"Mine is also like that," Sohee said, her nose was scrunched. She hadn't drunk as much as Ji Yong though. "But mine is more sour than sweet."

"Are you okay, Jonghyun?" Luna knelt down to the boy sitting on the floor. Jonghyun looked really confused, his eyes a little blank as he stared right ahead. Slowly he shrugged his shoulders with a little shook of his head too.

"Jong-jong?" Minki knelt down too. "What's wrong?" Jonghyun didn't answer. So Minki just talked. "Mine didn't taste good either. I think hyung put purely lemon juice and chili sauce in mine. And maybe a little pepper or something. But I'm still standing. We just need to take revenge, Jonghyun. You don't need to be sad."

"Minki," Luna said and gently pushed him aside so she could crawl closer to Jonghyun, who was sitting under the edge of the table. "What is it, Jonghyun?" He turned his head and looked at her. His mouth was open and his head slightly went from side to side, like he couldn't hold it properly. "Okay," she said, making a decision and grabbing a hold of the little boy, before carrying him in her arms. He hiccupped. And she put him down on the couch to lay down.

"I'm dizzy," he mumbled.

"Close your eyes," Luna said and sat down beside him while he did as told.

"I want water!" Namjoo whined with her tongue out of . "My mouth is burning!" She put down the glass with red liquid on the floor.

Byunghun grabbed her hand and went into the kitchen to get her some water. Hayoung and Changjo followed them, also with scrunched noses or tongues out like dogs.

Taehyung had taken a huge sip from his glass as soon as they were allowed to, but he had also immediately put down his glass again. "It tastes like chalk," he mumbled. Then he looked at Junhong who had seemed to get into a daze. He poked his shoulder, making Junhong look at him. Then he showed him his big smile and Junhong gave him a little smile back.

"Hey! We're back!" somebody called from the hallway and a second later Jongdae came into the living room, just as the door to the terrace opened and Baekhyun and Chanyeol stepped inside, each with an empty glass in hand. Jongdae's smile faded when he saw Jonghyun laying on the couch with closed eyes and Luna by his side. The other parents followed him into the living room.

"So what have you been doing?" Lu Han asked, before he also noticed the kids' unusual behavior; especially Jonghyun and the now swaying Ji Yong who held onto the dining table with a palm on his face. "What's going on?" he asked and went over to his son. Byunghun and the three younger kids came back from the kitchen.

"Appa!" Namjoo exclaimed happily and ran over to Jongdae and jumped to his arms.

"Hey, sweetie," Jongdae said hesitantly, still with a confused look at the others. "What happened to your brother?"

Kyungsoo went over to sit on the couch and see how Jonghyun was doing. Luna then stood and went to the table to her cousins.

"Aron oppa made us some drinks, but I think Jonghyunnie fainted from it," Namjoo replied honestly and innocently. Aron had suddenly seemed to get smaller at the place he was standing at behind the dining table. Chanyeol and Baekhyun stood behind him, utterly confused.

"What did you do, Aron?" Yixing stepped forward and Aron shrank, if possible, even more.

"Nothing, I just made them some drinks..." he mumbled under his baba's gaze.

"And where have you two been while he was doing that?" Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who both jumped by the sudden attention on them.

"We were swimming," Baekhyun told truthfully. "That's why we're wearing bathing shorts..." He motioned down himself.

"Have you been drinking?" Jongin asked, looking at the wine glasses in their hands. Chanyeol looked at the glass he was holding.

"No, it was only orange juice. Aron made it for us," he explained.

"Wine glasses by the pool?" Joonmyun in. "You know how dangerous it can be if glass gets in the pool, right?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "Of course, hyung; we got out of the pool and drank it on the grass," he said.

"Eomma, my drink tasted like lemon juice. It hurt my teeth." Minki walked over to Taeyeon while pointing at his teeth.

"Aron, if I may ask, what did you make the drinks of?" Joonmyun asked the eight-year-old and they all turned their attention to him.

"Various things..." he mumbled embarrassed. This wasn't how it was supposed to go.

"I think I drank chalk, appa," Taehyung said as he walked over to Chanyeol who picked him up. Baekhyun looked at him confused.

"Yours was actually only vitamin drink, milk and pepper," Aron said, but quickly covered his mouth when he realized he wasn't supposed to reveal anything.

"My head is buzzing," Jonghyun mumbled and Kyungsoo gently touched his forehead and cheeks.

"Is this... alcohol?" Lu Han said as he had sniffed to Ji Yong's glass and his eyebrows furrowed. He turned to Aron. "Did you put alcohol in their glasses?" Aron widened his eyes and quickly shook his head from side to side, knowing how bad alcohol was. Sandara, who stood in the doorway to the living room, suppressed a laugh.

In that moment Baekhyun heard a small thump. He looked down and noticed Junhong sitting on the floor, looking really confused and sleepy, his head moving from side to side as if he had a hard time holding it in place. Baekhyun knelt down and picked the boy up.

"Um, Zitao, Sehun, I think your kid needs a nap," he said to the couple, since Junhong was now laying limp in Baekhyun's arms, relaxing his body like he had no energy left in him. He gained the parents' attention and Sehun went over to take his son.

"Aron," Yi Fan said with a stern voice. He had a pretty good idea of what might have happened to the kids.

"I didn't give them alcohol! I swear!" Aron exclaimed, his arms in the air. "Look, I can show you exactly what I put in each of their glasses." He went to the kitchen with his dad following.

"I'm pretty sure mine was soy sauce. It was really disgusting," Byunghun said when he went over to his parents.

"Oh, you're one to talk! Mine was wasabi!" Amber said, shivering at the thought of it.

Yi Fan came out of the kitchen, Aron following with an embarrassed expression as he looked at the ground. Yi Fan had a green bottle in his hand.

"Who brought this?" he asked with a serious face and looked around at the adults. Most of them shook their heads, motioning it wasn't them, and they looked confused as if they hadn't noticed it before.

"Um, that's ours," Baekhyun revealed and Yi Fan turned his gaze at him and Chanyeol.

"Why did you bring soju?" Joonmyun asked, completely taken aback.

"We thought it would be nice to have one evening," Baekhyun said.

"Well, it seems like Aron has put some of it in the kids' glasses," Yi Fan told them all, changing back the subject. "Of course without knowing what it was," he added, not giving them the chance to harass his kid.

"Wait," Sehun said. "Did my kids drink soju?" Yi Fan nodded. Sehun and Zitao widened their eyes.

"They're four!" Zitao exclaimed. "I didn't have alcohol until I was 20!"

"Zitao, he didn't know what it was," Yixing defended when Aron looked even more sad and embarrassed.

"But still."

"I didn't put it in everyone's drink," Aron mumbled.

Lu Han had helped Ji Yong to a chair and Changjo had sat down in one of the armchairs, looking around at the people around him, not really sure what was going on. Chanhee, Sohee, Luna and Amber were still standing by the dining table where they had gotten the drink. Hayoung had went over to Sehun, who was carrying her brother, and she was currently hugging his legs.

"I'm putting Jonghyun in bed," Kyungsoo said and stood with Jonghyun in his arms. "He's not feeling very good." He walked to the boys' bedroom.

"Jonghyun!" Minki exclaimed and ran after him into the bedroom.

"I'm sorry, uncle Jongdae," Aron apologized.

Jongdae hesitated for a short moment before replying. "It's going to be okay, Aron." He gave a small smile to the boy, to reassure him that they weren't going to be very mad at him. Yi Fan put his hand on Aron's shoulder and gave it a little comforting squeeze.

"I didn't know what it was," Aron said and looked up at his dad. Yi Fan looked down at him and he could see that his son was full of regret.

"I think we should follow him to bed," Minseok said when he walked over to Lu Han. They were looking at Ji Yong who was sitting on a chair, his head on the table.

Lu Han nodded.

"But I'm fine," Ji Yong said, his head still on the table.

"Come on," Minseok sighed and grabbed Ji Yong's arm, helping him from the chair and up the stairs to his room.

"I'm just going to get a bucket," Lu Han said and went into the kitchen, only to come back a few seconds later with a bucket in his hand. He hurried up the stairs where his husband and son had disappeared from a moment earlier.

"Who else did you give soju to, other than the three obvious?" Sehun asked Aron - his voice firmer than what was to Yixing's liking - while Zitao picked their needy daughter up from hugging Sehun's legs.

"Hyung, noona, Jonghyun and Junhong." Aron counted on his fingers.

"Did you give soju to Amber?" Taeyeon asked. Aron shook his head.

"No, Sohee noona."

"Really?" Sohee asked surprised. "So that's why it tasted so bad..."

"And how are you feeling, sweetie?" Taemin sat down on a chair next to her. She shrugged.

"Fine," she said. "I don't feel any different. I only sipped it."

 


 

A/N: Hey, guys, it's been some time since last chapter (the last one was Kray's proposal). Did you like this one?? ^_^

To be honest, I have never tasted soju myself, so I don't know how it tastes or how strong it is. I also realize that I may have exaggerated the kids' reaction to the alcohol.. but it was for entertainment's sake XD

Minhyun and Luna both celebrated their birthdays! Happy birthday to them ^_^ And G-Dragon's birthday is coming up; happy birthday to him, too! (If I forgot someone, I'm sorry)

Thank you for reading! And please continue reading and subscribing to my story; there's still many chapters to go! ^_^ And please please please leave comments; that'll make me happy, too :D

Have a nice week(s), dear readers!