Chapter 12

How I Met Your Appa

 

Warning: mentions of (but no descriptions or details)

 


Chapter 12

The next morning they woke up and ate breakfast together. Yi Fan, Yixing and Baekhyun had set the table and made breakfast - with the supervision of Jongdae - and they were all enjoying the eggs, bread and cereal they had put on the table. It was fun to see the differences of the way people were in the morning. Joonmyun was bright and tried lifting everyone's mood, and the same was Baekhyun; Minseok was happy, drinking his morning coffee, didn't talk much though, but fresh as if he had just taken a run; Chanyeol and Jongdae were smiling and happy, but not entirely their usual fresh selves - they would be in an hour or so, though. Zitao, Sehun and Jongin on the other hand were completely the opposite of their hyungs: they looked like they had just woken up from the dead, still half asleep, and as if they could still sleep a couple more hours - maybe even the entire day. Kyungsoo was also not very bright looking in the morning: he was sitting by the end of the table, his eyes half closed, glaring at the people around him, looking very tired or very angry, and it was like his gaze could kill a man.

"Hey, Zitao! What have you been doing all night? Why are you so sleepy?" Baekhyun asked Zitao, just as Zitao yawned.

Zitao looked at him drowsily. "I've been sleeping..."

"Then why are you so sleepy still?" Baekhyun laughed. Then he turned to Sehun. "And what about you, Sehun? Seriously, I thought you two had been doing something that kept you awake. But apparently you've just been sleeping."

"What would they have done in the night? It's all dark," Luna wondered.

Sehun glared at Baekhyun. "Look what you've done."

"Don't worry, it's his own kid." Zitao smirked. "Maybe you should ask your aunt that, Luna," he smiled to Luna, who turned to Baekhyun.

"What did you think they were doing, auntie?" She looked at him with big curious eyes.

Baekhyun sighed and sent a death glare to Zitao and Sehun, before turning to Luna with a smile. "You don't need to concern yourself about that, sweetie!"

"What's up with Kyungsoo hyung?" Sehun laughed as he looked at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo just glared at him, too tired to react.

Jongdae laughed heartily and gave his tired husband a kiss on the cheek.

"Um, appa?" Sohee said to Minseok, gaining his attention.

"Yeah, honey?" he replied.

"Did you ever play truth or dare together?" she asked, attracting all the others around the table's attention as well, so that now everyone was looking at the two.

"Why do you ask?" Minseok asked her with a kind smile.

"Well, because last night we wanted to play truth or dare as we sat in the bed, but the boys didn't want to. But can't boys play truth or dare too?" she asked innocently. "That's why I want to know if you've ever played it."

Minseok looked around at the former EXO members, and they knew they all thought about the same thing. The same day.

 

They were sitting in the living room. There was nothing to do: well they felt like there was nothing to do; they were so used to intense training and schedules, and they probably would have come up with something to do if it hadn’t come so suddenly. The reason they just sat motionless in the living room was Suho - and a little bit Kris; Suho had asked him as the first one and convinced him. Suho had noticed how much they had all been practicing the past days, especially Kai, Xiumin and Chanyeol, and had asked the managers for a day off. They had agreed and he had then told the members that they were not allowed any sort of practice: neither dance, singing nor rapping. And he especially didn't want to see Kai, Xiumin or Chanyeol move a muscle, as he said.

Tao sighed noticeable. "I'm bored!" he groaned. "What am I supposed to do?"

"We know you're bored, Tao! You've already complained five times!" D.O. said.

"But I'm bored!" he exclaimed again.

"Six, if anyone's counting," Chen mumbled.

"Can't I play on the Playstation or something, hyung?" Sehun asked Suho. Sehun was too very bored, as the rest of the members were.

Suho sighed. "I think we should do something all together. Besides, if you play on the Playstation you're going to be so hyperactive and won't be able to sit still. Then there's no point in our relaxation day," he pointed out. Sehun pouted.

"So what should we do, hyung?" Baekhyun asked Suho. "You wanted to do something together, right?"

Suho thought for a moment. "Well, what would you like to do? I'm fine with everything you would want to!"

"Apparently you're not," Kai mumbled, also wanting to play the Playstation.

"Hyung, it's you who wants to do something all together! You must have something in your mind!" Chen exclaimed.

"Well, if you don't want to do something together, you can just say it..." Suho said, looking kind of hurt.

"He didn't mean it like that. Of course we want to do something together. Suho hyung, do you have something in mind, as you were the one suggesting it?" Chanyeol said, telling the others to calm down and sending Chen a look.

"Well, um..." Suho hesitated, knowing what he wanted to play, but not sure if the others would want to.

"Yeah?" Chanyeol asked.

"Truth or dare…?" he finally asked, already regretting. He looked around at the others, expecting them to scrunch their noses or look weirdly at him. But they didn't.

"That might be fun actually," D.O. said after a while.

"Yeah," Chen nodded agreeing. "We haven't played that before."

"So, you're in?" Suho asked surprised and excited.

"I am! Everything's better that listening to Tao's complaining," Baekhyun said. "And it might be fun."

Suho looked at the others who hadn't said anything. "You too?"

Kris, Lay, Xiumin and Luhan hesitated, but then nodded, all with a smile towards Suho. Suho smiled back.

"Let's just play that," Kai said, after Suho looked at the youngest, and Sehun and Tao agreed. Chanyeol nodded too.

"Okay then, how do we do it?" he asked. They looked at Suho.

"Um, I could download an app that will mix our names and pick one randomly? That way we'll all get asked by some point, and no one will feel left out." He took out his phone from his pocket to download the app.

"Should we sit in a circle or…?" Chanyeol asked.

Suho shrugged. "We could do that, yeah." They all sat down on the floor, creating a circle with their bodies.

"Who's starting?" Baekhyun asked. Suho clicked on the app.

"I'm going to ask..." he waited for the app to choose a person. "Kris." They looked at Kris. "Truth or dare?" Suho asked him.

Kris looked surprised and thought for a second about what to choose. "Truth."

"Okay," Suho said and thought up a question. "Who was your first crush?"

Kris thought about it, and Chanyeol took advantage of the pause to ask something.

"What happens if he doesn't answer?"

"There has to be some sort of consequence," Baekhyun said. "So that no one backs out."

"True. But what would it be?" Luhan asked.

"How about the person who can't succeed or won't do the task or answer the question, strip ?" Baekhyun suggested.

"I'm not going to strip , that's stupid," D.O. said.

"Exactly! None of us - maybe except Kai - wants to strip , and therefore we have to answer the questions or do the task that we're given," Chen said, explaining it.

"Hey!" Kai exclaimed. "Why do you think I would like to strip ?!"

Chen just looked at him, like it was the most ridiculous question and most obvious answer in the world.

"Okay," Kai sighed. He didn't want to discuss it, because he knew he wouldn't win. He actually didn't mind taking some of his clothes off; sometimes he would even walk around topless in the dorm.

"Can I answer my question now?" Kris asked and they nodded. "My first crush was a girl from my class when I lived in Vancouver. She was really pretty and sweet, but I didn't tell her because I was afraid of rejection." The members nodded understandingly. Suho clicked the button on his app, and saw the name on the screen.

"Baekhyun," he said.

"Is it then my turn to ask?" Kris asked and they nodded. Then he smirked and looked at Baekhyun. "Truth or dare, Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun looked at him with fear in his eyes. "God, that smirk makes me think you have something real evil in mind to ask me." He thought for a moment. "Dare."

"One of us will go into the kitchen, get something from the fridge, and you need to eat it raw. The whole thing," Kris decided.

Baekhyun shivered. "There's only like raw meat, eggs and ketchup in there. I'm going to get sick from eating that. Who's going to find something?"

"Sehun," Kris said and Sehun stood up and went to the kitchen. A minute later he came back with a long green thing. Baekhyun shivered once again when he saw it.

"I can't eat that! You know I hate cucumbers!" he exclaimed with wide eyes.

"There was only a third part of it left. At least there wasn't a whole one." Sehun shrugged and handed it to Baekhyun. Baekhyun stared down at it.

"You have to eat it, Baekkie, or else you'll have to strip ," Chen said. "And it would be a real shame if the game already ended."

Baekhyun looked up from the cucumber. "Okay," he said. "I'm going to do it. For the game's sake." He pinched his nose with two long slim fingers, blocking the smell out. Then he took a big bite of the cucumber with a shiver and immediately looked sick as he had the piece in his mouth.

"Are you going to barf?" Chanyeol asked him worried. Baekhyun shook his head as he swallowed. His eyes were already watering.

"Isn't it enough already? He's going to get sick. He's suffering already," Chanyeol said, being the worried boyfriend.

"He's only eaten one bite of it!" Tao said. "It can't be that bad."

"You don't have to eat anymore of it. It's alright. I'll change the dare to just take a bite of something you truly hate," Kris said, as he saw the pain his dongsaeng was going through.

"What?! If it's going to be like this, nothing exciting is going to happen. We can all just back out, then," Tao said.

"He's right. I'm really happy that you changed the dare for me, but then we can all just complain and say we won't complete," Baekhyun said. Two tears had fallen to his cheeks, but he didn't dare drying them off, as his hands smelled like cucumber. He shoved the rest of the cucumber in Chanyeol's hands and stood up. Then he went to the kitchen to clean his hands and face.

Chanyeol looked at the cucumber. "Why did he give this to me? What am I supposed to do with it?"

"How am I supposed to know? I don't know why Baekkie does half the things he does," Chen said and grinned. Chanyeol stood up and went to the kitchen to put it back in the fridge.

"I've heard of something," Xiumin said and they all turned their attention to him. "I've heard that you can have a 'chicken', and then you can back out one time each. That way it's equal: we can chicken out once each." The others didn't say anything for a while, digesting what was just told. Xiumin sighed at the unwanted attention, as they all still had their eyes on him.

"That's a good idea," Luhan said. "And then Baekhyun has used his chicken, right?" Xiumin nodded.

"I don't get it," Sehun said. "Why do we need chickens?"

"It's not a literal chicken, Sehun, it's figuratively. It just means that you can chicken out: back out of one task or question you are asked to reply to," Xiumin explained. Sehun nodded as he now understood.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol came back to the circle on the floor and sat down.

"So what have you found out?" Baekhyun asked.

"You have used your chicken," Sehun said and Baekhyun and Chanyeol both furrowed their eyebrows and looked questioningly at him.

"My what?" Baekhyun asked.

"We all have a chicken. That means that we can all back out - or chicken out, if you will - one time each, if there is a task or question we don't want to do or can't do," Lay said. "And because you couldn't fully complete your task, you have used your chicken."

"Okay, so whose turn is it now?" Baekhyun asked, and agreed with what was told. Suho clicked the button once again. "By the way, Sehun, when it's your turn, I'm going to smash you down."

"What about Kris hyung? I only did what was told!" the boy said.

Baekhyun shrugged. "He took his challenge back and told it was okay if I didn't do it. But you were the one finding that horrible devil, so I'm going after you." Sehun pouted.

"Xiumin hyung," Suho announced as he looked at the screen.

"Truth or dare, hyung?" Baekhyun asked.

"Truth."

"When was your first time and with who?"

Xiumin blushed.

"Or have you never done it?" Baekhyun asked with a smirk at Xiumin's red cheeks.

Xiumin didn't answer. He just looked at the ground, hoping they would all stop staring at him and that he had heard it wrongly.

"I mean , if you weren't sure," Baekhyun continued. Okay, so Xiumin had heard it correctly. Unfortunately.

"I'm just going to use my chicken," Xiumin mumbled.

"Oh, come on, hyung! That was an easy question," Baekhyun exclaimed. "Nobody's going to judge you of whatever you're going to say." Xiumin looked at him.

"Fine," he mumbled again. Then he looked at Chen for support, and his boyfriend smiled at him. "I was 18."

"With who?"

Xiumin sighed. "With a girl from my school. We were dating."

"How was it? Was it awkward?" Baekhyun asked.

Xiumin looked at him, hoping the questions would stop. "It was fine."

"But wasn't it awkward? I mean, you being gay and all?"

"Okay, stop harassing my boyfriend, Baekkie! You've gotten the answer you wanted, you can't keep asking for more," Chen said. Baekhyun looked at him and pouted.

"Next," Chen said, before Baekhyun could say anything.

"Kai."

"Okay, ask him something really good. I'm sure the maknae has done something really !" Baekhyun said and Kai glared at him.

"Truth or dare?"

"Truth," Kai said.

"Um," Xiumin thought. "What do you regret the most?"

Kai didn't hesitate for more than a second. "Losing Taemin." They became silent. D.O. looked to the ground. "I regret losing him and not going after him. I regret that I can't go back to make him stay. I regret that I can't do anything about it." They could all hear it: the pain in his voice. And his eyes started to fill with tears. He looked to the ground to hide it; he didn't want the others to see him in tears.

"Who says you can't?" Lay said. Kai looked up at him, his eyes still glazed over with tears.

"I can't." Kai shook his head. "He's with Minho hyung now. He's happy, and if I start doing something, he might become sad. I'm not going to ruin his happiness." Sehun put his hand on Kai's leg, as a tear fell from his eye. Kai looked down again. Lay sighed, he didn't want to push him, and definitely not now that he was in tears: he knew that Kai hated it when anyone saw him cry.

They could see tears falling to the floor, and Sehun put his arms around him so he could sob into his shoulder. Lay moved too, so he could hug and comfort Kai. Then Lay whispered something and the three slowly stood up and went to another room, so they could comfort the boy properly without the others' eyes on them.

"Okay," Baekhyun broke the silence, after hearing the door close behind the three members. "Should we move on?"

"But what about..." Luhan began, but Baekhyun interrupted.

"Look, I really think that it's the best if they just come back in without us saying anything about that. If they could just come back in silently without any of us mentioning what just happened, I think Kai would really appreciate that," he stated. "So should we move on?" he raised his eyebrows, motioning that it wasn't really to discussion, because he knew he was right. And the others knew it as well.

"Xiumin hyung, you can ask Chanyeol," Suho said as he looked at his phone app.

Xiumin nodded. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

" someone in this circle's bare feet," Xiumin said after a while.

"Umin, I didn't know you had it in you," Luhan said.

Xiumin shrugged. "Someone did that to me once I was playing it."

Chanyeol didn't hesitate and pulled off one of Baekhyun's socks and caressed his foot with his tongue. Baekhyun laughed.

"It tickles!"

Chanyeol stopped and sat up again, smirking at Baekhyun who smiled back.

 


 

A/N: Hellooo! ^_^ So this chapter was slightly longer, I hope you didn't mind.

So... truth or dare... Yes, in my head they play truth or dare! But it's just that there are so many members and everyone needs a question XD So next chapter will also contain Truth or Dare... I hope you don't mind! But it's going to be juicy! XD

And well, if you didn't quite catch it, this was at a time where BaekYeol was dating, XiuChen was dating and HunHan was dating (more moments in next chapter). Also KaiSoo had broken up, so that's why D.O. is feeling sad.. But more to why they broke up later on ^_^   (It must have felt so awkward hearing your ex talk about his other ex, like you aren't even there... T^T )

Oh, and to those who thought it was kind of weird: Baekhyun really don't like cucumbers! Something about the smell...

As always: thank you for reading! I hope you liked this chapter. Please comment and subscribe, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ^_^