Chapter 14

How I Met Your Appa

JR/Jonghyun :3

 


Chapter 14

Jongin and Sehun were playing in the water with the younger kids. Today, Jonghyun had joined them in the water too, and Minki and Junhong were sitting by the edge, looking at them all splashing around. The reason they didn't swim with the others wasn't because they couldn't swim; they just didn't like it that much. And sure, they didn't have to sit and stare at them, but they didn't have any other idea of what to do.

As they were by the pool, the older kids and Yi Fan, Minseok, Lu Han and Jongdae were playing soccer. They had split into two teams, with Minseok and Lu Han on each team as captains. Aron had been the one who suggested they played soccer, and Minseok had convinced Ji Yong to join as well.

Baekhyun, Taeyeon, Taemin and Zitao were lying on the loungers on the terrace, hoping to become a little tanned. Chanyeol was sitting outside too, playing his guitar. Kyungsoo and Joonmyun had went to explore the city, and they had told the others that they might be gone all day, if the city was exciting. Yixing was sitting on the couch inside reading a book. And Sandara was reading in a magazine in the armchair across from him.

"Baba." A child's voice shook Zitao out of his half-dosing-off-state, and he opened his eyes as a tiny finger poked him.

"Junhong?" Zitao said, looking at his son.

"Will you swim with me?" the kid asked.

Zitao looked at him sadly. "No, sweetie, I don't really feel like swimming right now. But if you want to swim, why don't you?"

Junhong looked to the ground and pouted. "I only want to swim, if you want to play with me."

Zitao looked at him, a small pout on his lips as well. "But your appa is in the water, you know that. He'll support you."

Junhong nodded, still gaze fixed to the ground. "But he's playing with the others. Wildly."

Zitao turned his face towards the pool and looked at them playing. "It's not that wild, Junhong. Why don't you find your swim shorts, and then we can tell your appa to play with you too?" Zitao looked at Junhong as the kid thought about it for a while, before slowly nodding. Zitao smiled at him and was about to lay back down, when the kid took his hand and looked at him pleadingly. Zitao sighed inwardly, before standing up to walk inside the house to find his son's shorts, with Junhong's hand in his.

As they came back out Junhong was in his shorts and water wings, smiling, and together - still hand in hand - the two went down by the pool. Zitao called Sehun over.

"Hunnie?" Zitao said and Sehun swam to him.

"Yeah?" he asked, and smiled at Junhong.

"Junhong wants to swim. Can you please take care of him? And don't play with him that wildly?"

Sehun hesitated, as he didn't think he had played very wildly with the other kids, but as Zitao raised his eyebrows, motioning to the little boy by his side, Sehun quickly nodded. "Of course!" He smiled and stretched his arms out in front of him. "Come on down, I'll catch you." Junhong hesitated, but was helped down in the water by both his fathers, and was soon smiling again.

Zitao smiled at the two and then went back to the terrace where he lay back down.

Soon Jongin climbed up from the water. "I'm sorry, kids. Maybe I'll come down later, but right now I've had enough of water for a while. Uncle Sehun is still here though."

"Yeah, but I'm playing with Junhong and the girls, maybe you could just stay here for a little more to keep an eye on the guys?" Sehun asked. "I'm not sure it's a good idea that it's only me with all the kids."

Jongin sighed. "Fine, but I've got to use the bathroom. I'll be right back. Besides, they've all got their water wings on, so it'll be fine." He hurried to the house. Sehun sighed, but he shook it off and continued playing with the kids. Then suddenly everything happened really fast.

"Appa, my water wing itches," Junhong complained and Sehun turned his attention to him.

"Alright, I'll take it off and try to fix it," he said and took the water wing off of Junhong's arm. "Just hold onto the edge."

Then, before anyone could count to five, they all heard a scream and a splash, and everyone turned their attention to the pool. The soccer players stopped their game; the parents lying on the terrace all sat up with a jolt; even Yixing and Sandara, sitting inside, came running out.

Sehun's eyes became wide, he threw the wing in his hand and started swimming to the other end to save the child. But Yi Fan was quicker; from the field he'd been playing on before, he jumped into the water and caught the five year old from drowning.

All the parents and kids had wide scared eyes. Some of the younger kids' lips started trembling.

"Minki!" Taeyeon screamed and ran down to the pool, where Yi Fan carried him to the ground.

"Appa!" Sehun heard from behind, and suddenly became aware of all the other kids being in the pool. He hurried to his son, who accidentally had let go of the edge of the pool and was now splashing in the water, trying to keep his head above it. Sehun lifted him to the ground, before also helping the other kids up. The parents all came to the pool, worried.

"Minki," Taeyeon softly whispered to him and watched for any movement.

"Let me," Yixing said, taking the kid from her gently, and started pushing on Minki's chest. Finally Minki coughed and water came out off his lungs.

Taeyeon cried of happiness and hugged him. Minki started crying too; probably from the shock of falling down the water and then seeing and hearing his mother cry.

Some of the other kids started crying too, and the parents comforted them. Sehun lifted up the crying Junhong, but the kid got snatched away by a worried Zitao. Instead, Sehun hugged Hayoung and patted her head, comforting his crying daughter, who had run to him. Jongdae lifted up Namjoo who also cried out of shock. Jonghyun stood and looked at Minki with wide terrified eyes and trembling lips. Seeing this, Minseok went over and sat down next to him, placing him in his lap and put his arms around him, telling him it'll be okay. Taehyung stood too with wide eyes and open mouth, and as his eomma came over to him, he hugged his legs, burying his face in Baekhyun's hip. Changjo had frozen and just looked at the scenario in front of him, tears starting to fill his eyes. Taemin sat down next to him and hugged him, as Changjo blinked and the tears fell to his cheeks.

In the meanwhile Chanyeol had quickly dialed Joonmyun's number and was in the middle of explaining him the situation. Joonmyun told him that they would hurry home.

Jongin came out of the house, shocked to see them all gathered around the pool. He hurried down there and as Sandara was the first he passed, he asked her what was going on.

"What's happened?"

"A kid fell into the water, and now there's apparently some sort of crying party going on," she said.

Jongin noticed the two that seemed to be the main focus of this whole gathering; Taeyeon cradling Minki back and forth, both of them crying - one more than the other - as they were sitting on the ground next to the pool. Then he saw his Taemin and Changjo sitting on the ground as well, and hurried over there.

"Are you alright?" he asked Taemin.

Taemin nodded, trying to smile reassuringly. He motioned to Changjo. "We're both fine." Jongin nodded and gently patted Changjo's head, but the boy didn't take his head away from Taemin's shoulder. Taemin nodded at Jongin, telling him that he'll take care of him, and Jongin looked around for his other son. He went over to him.

"Are you okay?" he asked Byunghun and put his arm around his shoulder. Byunghun nodded.

Yi Fan went over to Amber, who looked very shocked as she looked at her younger brother and eomma.

"Are you okay, kiddo?" he asked her. His clothes and body were soaked, but he didn't seem to care.

Amber just nodded, too upset to speak. She didn't cry, but was obviously very affected by the incident.

"He's going to be alright. There's no damage done. He's just shocked at the moment, don't worry," Yi Fan said to Minki's older sister. She nodded. He sighed and looked at the girl's mother and brother. "Maybe we should carry him inside. Get those wet clothes off of him and get him some warmth." Yi Fan went to Taeyeon, who'd just stopped crying and now just tried to comfort Minki. He leaned down telling her something, and Amber looked at them as her eomma nodded and stood up, carrying Minki inside, supported by her uncle Yi Fan. She twitched as she suddenly felt a pair of arms hugging her.

"It's going to be alright, sweetie," Lu Han said. "Soon, he's going to have forgotten all about the feeling, and he will stop crying. In about an hour, you'll see him running around, all smiling and laughing like he usually does."

At these words Amber could feel her eyes sting with tears. She got happy to hear Lu Han's words, but her body just now acted on the previous scene. She turned around, as she was still at a loss for words, and Lu Han saw her tearful eyes. He smiled sadly at her and hugged her close to him, whispering comforting words in her ear.

Sohee came over.

"Baba?" she asked worried, seeing her baba hug the crying Amber.

"It's okay, darling," he said with a smile towards his daughter. "Just go inside together with the rest. Amber and I are just going to stay out here a little longer."

Sohee nodded, and together with Luna, she walked in doors. The other kids and parents followed them a little while later, and some minutes after, Amber and Lu Han went inside as well.

 

As they heard the wheels and car doors slam, the parents were sitting in the living room. They had put Minki to bed, where Amber was now sitting next to him. Sohee and Luna had went to their room, and Aron, Byunghun and Chanhee were outside playing again. Sandara was sitting outside, while Ji Yong was sitting in his own room. The smaller kids were sitting on the floor playing with some toys, while the parents were talking in the living room. They knew Minki was fine, but were still worried about consequences and so.

Joonmyun slammed the door open. "What happened? Tell me everything! And where is he?" He said as he looked around the room. Taeyeon stood up and went to him.

"Calm down, he's fine," she smiled reassuringly. "He's lying in his bed. Amber's with him. He's not hurt, just shocked." She hugged Joonmyun.

"That's good," Joonmyun whispered in her ear, a little more calm now. Then he released Taeyeon from his arms and looked around at the others. "Tell me exactly what happened."

Kyungsoo went over and sat next to Jongdae, as Joonmyun sat down next to where Taeyeon had been sitting. Then he patiently waited for someone to explain to him what had happened. The others looked at Sehun.

"Well," Sehun cleared his throat as he realized that it was him who was supposed to tell the story. Probably because he was the one who had been closest to it. "I was in the swimming pool with the kids, Jongin had just went up..."

"Wait, you left?" Joonmyun interrupted and stared at Jongin. "You left all the kids only with Sehun?!"

"Um, yeah, because I had to pee," Jongin defended, sounding confident, yet he still took a hold on Taemin's hand.

"Maybe the kids should play in a different room." Lu Han stood up, fearing that Joonmyun would start yelling at some point. Chanyeol stood up as well, telling the small kids to come with them. As they had left into another room, carrying the toys with them, Sehun continued.

"Anyways," he said. "Junhong told me to fix his water wing, so I did, but then I heard a scream and a splash..."

"See!" Joonmyun stood up. "That's why I can't trust you with anything!" He glared at Sehun, and Sehun stood up too.

"I started to swim after him! It's not like I didn't do anything about it!" he yelled.

"Yeah, Joonmyun hyung, don't be that harsh on Sehun. He tried saving your kid..." Jongin stood up too to defend his friend, but Joonmyun just cut him off.

"Don't think I have forgiven you, Kim Jongin! What were you thinking leaving seven small kids in the water with only one adult supervisor?! I can't trust any of you youngest with anything! You haven't matured at all!"

"Hey!" Yi Fan stood up and took a step forward. "You need to calm down, Joonmyun. Nothing happened."

"Like you're any better," Joonmyun mumbled.

"I saved your kid from drowning, Joonmyun! If it wasn't for me and Yixing he might have had it a lot worse!" Yi Fan yelled at him.

Joonmyun looked down for a moment, due to the elder's power. A second later, a door to a bedroom opened.

"Minki would like to know if you all could stop yelling? He wants to sleep," Amber said and turned around when she finished her sentence, not even waiting for an answer.

"Of course, sweetie," Joonmyun called after her, before she closed the door to the bedroom once again. He looked at where she had been a second ago, dumfounded. Taeyeon grabbed his arm and whispered something in his ear. The two left for their own bedroom to calm down. Joonmyun didn't look at the others before leaving.

 


A/N: Okay, I know this chapter was a bit dramatic, but I hope nobody minds :3 I can't promise no future chapter is going to be dramatic as well (just because I like drama; I have nothing against the people it involves!)... So I hope you liked it!

I want to thank everyone who has subscribed to my story! (Also the people in generel who reads my story) It means a lot to me and it makes me very happy to see a new person subsribe or comment :D

I hope you enjoyed reading (and sorry for the late upload). If you did, please comment and subscribe. Thank you. ^_^

Bye for now ~ Have a nice week!