Chapter 34

How I Met Your Appa

Hayoung ~

 


Chapter 34

"Oh my God! Kibum!" Changjo was saved as his eomma pulled the man away from him and gave his friend a big hug. "What a nice surprise!"

Kibum pushed Taemin slightly away from him to glare at him with misbelief. "Don't you mean 'hyung'?"

Taemin rolled his eyes. "Sorry, hyung." He pulled him back into a hug.

"Hey, what about me?" another man's voice whined, and Taemin could only imagine his friend's pouting face, before moving from Kibum's arms and into Jonghyun's instead with a big grin.

"It's so good to see you, guys!" Taemin said, hugging Kim Jonghyun.

"Youngbae!" they heard Ji Yong call and they broke the hug to see the two boys - each with a big smile on their face - walk towards each other and exchange hugs.

"Jiminie!" Taehyung screamed and slung his arms around his friend's neck with a huge grin.

"Hey, Jongin!" Kibum said and hugged Taemin's husband. "How are you?"

"I'm fine thanks, hyung. How are you?" Jongin smiled back.

"Good," Kibum answered. Jongin turned to Jonghyun and hugged him too, while Kibum started his round of hugging everyone else. When everyone had greeted each other, they all sat down on the benches since the other family conveniently also needed to order lunch; Taehyung never leaving Jimin's side, and Ji Yong taking a seat next to Youngbae.

"And then we were at the amusement park and me and Minki went to a haunted house where we were almost killed! And some days before that, Minki was almost killed again! He fell into the water in our pool and he was dead for like five seconds, until my uncle Yixing saved him!" Taehyung blabbered, his voice slowly increasing in volume bit by bit as he was telling Jimin about what they'd been doing the last days. He was excited and talked very fast, but his audience of Jimin and Jimin's younger brother Jungkook were sitting with wide eyes and listened intensely to what he told them.

"Really?" Jungkook asked, his mouth kept open. Taehyung nodded.

"He wasn't really dead, Jungkook," Changjo said while looking warningly at Taehyung, afraid of how a three-year-old would react to this story.

"Will you please stop talking about me like I'm not even here?" Minki asked the others, sitting in the other end of the small table that the seven young boys had acquired for themselves.

"But you did almost drown!" Taehyung exclaimed, almost standing up in his seat for his voice to reach Minki.

"Can we talk about something else?" Minki asked. He could still remember the drowning feeling surrounding his lungs, and he breathed out slowly.

"Fine." Taehyung sat down in his seat again.

"Me and Jungkookie have gotten a dog," Jimin said after a short while.

"Really?" Taehyung's eyes immediately widened as he looked up again. "A dog? A puppy?!" His lips parted in a big smile. "Is it cute?"

Jimin and Jungkook both nodded with grins.

"What's its name?" Jonghyun joined in, also excited about the little puppy.

"I want it to be called Dooly, but Jungkook thinks it should be called Crong," Jimin said, rolling his eyes telling Jungkook's thoughts, showing them how opposed he was to that.

"From Pororo!" Jungkook explained with a big smile.

"Oh!" Taehyung exclaimed, getting an idea. "What about Nyao? He's cute!"

Jimin shook his head. "No, it should be called Dooly. Nyao's a cat - besides, he's not cute, he's mean!"

"And Dooly is a dinosaur, so what's your point?" Minki stated. They looked at him.

"Our dogs are called Willow and Wangja," Changjo said, remembering about the two dogs his parents had bought some years back. One of them, the girl, named after the parents' nine-year anniversary as that was Jongin's present to Taemin and the other, the male, named after the Korean word for prince. Of course Changjo didn't know the meaning of their dogs' names though.

"How about Agumon?" Jonghyun suddenly exclaimed.

"Does everything have to be about Agumon with you?" Minki asked him and Jonghyun shrugged.

"I like Agumon," he stated.

"What about Pororo? He's the main character." Changjo shrugged.

"I like Rody..." Junhong said. "What about him?"

"He's a robot!" Jimin said with scrunched nose, obviously not feeling it was a very dog-like fit. Junhong just nodded, not seeing the problem with that.

"I still think it should be called Nyao!" Taehyung exclaimed loudly, again almost standing up, feeling the need for everyone around the table to be able to hear him.

"Taehyung, do you have to be so loud every time you open your mouth?" Minki asked, also raising his voice slightly. Taehyung narrowed his eyes for a sec, glaring at him, before opening his mouth wide in a grin.

"Yes!" he said.

Then the waiters came with their food and the kids became more quiet when they turned to their plates. From the table behind them Kibum turned around on the bench to see if his son needed any help.

"Do you need me to cut your food for you, Kookie?" he asked the three-year-old who nodded. Kibum stood from his seat and walked closer to the boy's seat so he could cut the meat on his plate into smaller portions. When he was done, he kissed his son's head, patted Jimin on the back, too, and turned back to his own food again to continue his conversation with the adults.

"No, I did not freak out more than Chanyeol did!" Baekhyun exclaimed at Jongdae who chuckled lightly, sitting across from him at the table.

"Baekhyun hyung, you became hysterical when Taehyung was missing," Jongin laughed.

"What are we talking about?" Kibum asked confused, since he'd been away for a second to help his son with the food.

"We are talking about the fact that Baekhyun was freaking out when we lost Taehyung at the amusement park," Kyungsoo explained to him.

"You lost your son at an amusement park?" Kibum sounded serious and his eyes widened in slight shock. Chanyeol nodded.

"But I did not freak out more than he did!" Baekhyun insisted to Jongdae with a finger pointed to Chanyeol who was sitting by his side. Jongdae just kept laughing.

"Hyung, it's okay, we would have freaked out as well," Taemin said helpfully.

"You would have freaked out more than I would have. I've raised my sons well," Jongin mumbled. Taemin looked at him judgingly.

"Excuse me, I wouldn't have freaked out more than you," Taemin contradicted.

"Who was it that couldn't even be on a boat without almost getting unconscious?" Jongin raised one eyebrow and stared at Taemin, who furrowed his eyebrows annoyed. "I thought so, so don't tell me I'm the more hysterical of the two of us!"

"It was a ship," Taemin mumbled, though it did not help his case at all.

"Baekhyun," Jongdae began, with Baekhyun just staring at him furiously. Jongdae took Baekhyun's hand across the table, and Baekhyun stared down at his hand instead. "You became angry with Chanyeol when you lost Taehyung." Baekhyun's mouth flew open in an offended action. He pulled his hand free and Jongdae grinned.

"Don't worry, Baekhyun, we would have been terrified if our little Kookie went missing, too," Kibum said and earned a little smile from Baekhyun. "Or any of the other kids for that matter!"

"Baekkie, I'm sorry," Jongdae said and took Baekhyun's hand again. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and looked suspiciously at him. "Chanyeol became pretty pissed as well." Baekhyun smirked. It was now Chanyeol's time to look offended.

"Why do you have to drag me down now?" he asked and crossed his arms. Jongdae and Baekhyun laughed, and Jongdae shrugged apologetically with his shoulders. Kyungsoo just watched with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh guys, haven't you grown up yet?" Jonghyun all of a sudden said, putting an arm around Kibum's shoulders for rest. He had a smirk on his lips while he looked at Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae. He knew he wasn't the perfect example of maturity either, but his friends knew he was only joking.

"Like you're so mature," Kibum scoffed and tried shrugging his husband's arm off of him. Taemin laughed. "Just yesterday you tried drinking water while lying down on the couch! And how did that work out for you?"

Jonghyun looked down at the table and slowly took his arm off Kibum. "I poured water on the couch..."

"And?"

"My face."

"And?"

"Down my shirt..."

Everyone around the table started laughing loudly and Kibum sat back with a satisfied smirk on his lips.

At the table beside them the three boys furrowed their eyebrows as they looked back due to the sudden noise from the supposedly grownups' table.

"What are they laughing about?" Byunghun asked with his brows furrowed.

Aron shrugged. "I don't know. But uncle Chanyeol and aunt Baekhyun is there, so it must be funny." Chanhee and Byunghun nodded acceptingly at the explanation.

"So let's continue our plan," Aron turned to the boys sneakily, as they all put their heads closer together over the table.

"But talk quietly, my appa cannot hear it!" Chanhee said, as he glared towards the other end of the table where Minseok was in the middle of talking with Taeyeon, Sehun and Sandara. When he noticed his son was looking at him, he smiled to him, though with slightly furrowed eyebrows exposing clear obliviousness and confusion to the situation. Chanhee quickly smiled back, and then looked at the other two boys again.

"Yeah, and my parents are sitting right behind us, they cannot hear it either," Byunghun said, pointing cautiously over his shoulder with his thumb. Aron nodded.

"Got it!" he said. Then his voice turned quieter, speaking with an almost whisper. "I say we do it tonight at bedtime. The girls will have no clue."

Byunghun nodded. "But we have to be quiet, 'cause I don't want my brother to be involved." Aron nodded.

"Yeah, the kids cannot be in this. It's no joke for them. And also with Taehyung and Minki onboard, they would probably just be noisy or refuse or something and then wake up our parents."

"Yeah and don't forget Namjoo." Chanhee rolled his eyes slightly. "She can be really noisy too. And Junhong would probably just tell uncle Zitao immediately. Probably not on purpose though."

"Yeah." Byunghun nodded. "So no kids!"

"Deal!" the other agreed.

"But what do we do? I mean, they probably make up some sort of revenge," Chanhee said, thinking about how the girls could hurt them back.

Aron nodded. Then Byunghun said, "But aren't we smarter than girls? And stronger?" He smirked.

"Yeah, they can't hurt us. Don't worry about that!" Aron grinned.

"Should we include Ji Yong hyung?" Byunghun suddenly asked.

"No, can we please not?" Chanhee said with a slight huff. "I mean, he's so much older than us! Okay, maybe not a lot. But it wouldn't be fun the same way if he was involved." It sounded like Chanhee was slightly tired of his older brother. Byunghun and Aron shared looks as they considered Chanhee's request.

"Okay," Byunghun said. "We won't include your brother." Chanhee smiled thankfully.

"But you do know your sister is involved, right?" Aron said.

"Yeah, but that's not the same."

Aron and Byunghun laughed slightly at him. Chanhee almost couldn't help but laugh too. They looked forward to the evening's mischief.

"What are you grinning at?" Sehun asked suspiciously, as the adults had ended their conversation and looked at the laughing boys.

"Nothing!" the three boys lied and continued laughing. Sehun shook his head confused with the other adults, and they turned back to their own business again.

"So, Sehun, what do you say if you and Zitao or Jongin make dinner tonight?" Taeyeon asked the man.

Sehun thought for a second. "Okay." He shrugged.

"Oh I should warn you though, Taeyeon," Minseok started leaning closer across the table as if he had a secret. Taeyeon smirked and leaned in too. "Sehun's food is not the best," he said with an exaggerated loud whisper.

"Hey!" Sehun exclaimed. "Hyung, you can be really mean, did you know that?"

Minseok grinned and leaned back again. Taeyeon and Sandara laughed. "What do you mean?" he asked innocently. "Nobody's ever said that to me before."

Sehun glared at him. "You know, hyung, you may seem really cute and all, but you're not."

Minseok laughed. "And that comes from you!" Sandara and Taeyeon laughed harder. "I know what you and Jongin are capable of when you work together! And you and Zitao!"

The three laughed when Sehun came with an innocent gesture, like saying "I don't know what you're talking about."

At the table behind them the six girls were sitting next to Zitao and Yi Fan.

"So, Hayoung, what do you wish for your birthday?" Yi Fan asked the girl politely. Hayoung was sitting next to her baba and across Namjoo who was sitting next to Yi Fan.

"Remember, Hayoung, those with biggest feet will give you big presents!" Namjoo said and smiled to her cousin innocently. Zitao and Yi Fan shared looks.

"But don't think about that, sweetie," Zitao said, worried she would walk around asking for shoe sizes. Or worse: wish for really big presents.

"I want a baby sister," Hayoung told.

"But you already have a brother," Zitao replied.

She nodded. "But I want someone younger. I want to have a sister to dress up." She looked up at her baba with innocent and pleading eyes. Zitao had to clear his throat, before he spoke, looking into those innocent eyes of his adorable daughter.

"Sweetie, you're not going to get a younger sibling," he said, trying to sound firm. She looked a little at him, still pleadingly, but when he didn't seem to give in she turned her gaze to her uncle Yi Fan.

"I could also use another cousin." She tilted her head to the side cutely. She really knew how to play her cards right.

"Oh, no, cutiepie, you're not going to get another cousin from here!" Yi Fan put up his arms and shook his hands along with his head, as he tried not to give in to the girl. Hayoung pouted, still looking at him. "That's not going to work," he said, though he was tempted to give in. She looked at him for a little while longer, until turning to Namjoo with a shrug.

"I did my best," she said. Namjoo nodded.

"Worth the try." She shrugged.

Zitao and Yi Fan looked at the two girls, parted lips and dumbfounded. They had to give it to them; the girls were smarter than they thought!

"So how have you been, Chorong unnie?" Sohee asked the girl sitting across from her. Luna and Amber listened interested.

"Fine," Chorong answered. "Though school's a little boring. My oppa's being mean to us, but you must know that feeling," she said to Sohee, who nodded with a sigh, understanding the misery of having a teenage older brother. "He always goes to his room after school." She rolled her eyes. "Jimin and Jungkook have gotten a dog... but I think it's going to be eomma and appa taking care of it. Jimin and Jungkook are probably just going to be tired of it in a couple of days. And honestly eomma and appa seemed almost more delighted with it than them." She shrugged. The girls around her giggled. "What about you guys?" she asked with a smile, before turning to her food.

At the last table the two teenage boys, Ji Yong and Youngbae, were talking together. Ji Yong was really happy to finally have someone his age by his side, and Youngbae seemed that way as well. As the two were the oldest boys of their families, they felt the struggle every day.

Next to them Lu Han, Yixing and Joonmyun sat. They were having their own conversation, trying not to listen to the boys next to them, since every time they seemed to have a pause in their talk, Ji Yong and Youngbae would shoot them death glares, as if they were hungering to listen to the boys' secrets.

 


 

A/N: Heey, dear readers!! ^_^ Soo the JongKey family is also on the island! Yaay! \(^o^)/ Ji Yong has a same age friend, wuhuu! And VMin is reunited! Are you excited for what mischief they will all get up to in next chapter?? Also, what are Aron, Chanhee and Byunghun talking about? Keke :3

EXO's fourth anniversary was a few days ago! Congratulations!! So proud.

And Jonghyun's (from SHINee) birthday was also some days ago. Happy brithday! And happy birthday to anyone else!! ^_^

Also a few chapters ago I asked you guys what pairing you would like the next bonus to be about (considering it's about their proposal)?? ^o^

Thank you for reading!! <3 <3 You're the reason I'm here.