Not a chapter: Jonghyun

How I Met Your Appa

Hello all.

I am sure that all of you have heard about Jonghyun's passing, by now...

I have contemplated whether or not to update this story, and I've decided that I want to continue writing it - as it is - because it is fiction and it is my work. If anyone's uncomfortable, please write to me and I'll see what to do. I have also decided that I will not upload the Christmas Bonus I have written (even though, Jonghyun isn't a part of that chapter), on the 24th; it doesn't feel right to me since it's so close to the 18th. Although I want to upload it before I'm going traveling for 2 months, so I'm planning to upload it in about a week, around New Years, instead.

Now, that's been said, I want to shortly write about what Jonghyun means to me. You can read it if you want to, or you can leave it, if you don't; that's up to you.

 


 

I'm not a big SHINee fan. I like their music and I like the members, but I wouldn't call myself a SHAWOL. Still, to me, Jonghyun is one of the biggest idols. He was very very talented and inspirational, and from the things I know, he was a really good person. He didn't judge people based on one thing, like their skin tone or uality. He wasn't afraid to speak up for what he believed in, and that is truly something to admire. He was an artist, but so much more.

When I read that he had been found dead, my heart skipped a beat and I didn't believe it. Even though it said that the police confirmed it, I didn't believe it, and I thought I read it wrongly or I was in some kind of bad dream. But then I read that his sister confirmed it, and I thought to myself, that it couldn't be a joke, and I started believing it. But I couldn't. I still can't. I can't believe that Kim Jonghyun is no longer breathing and that we won't see more of his smiling faces or hear his inspirational quotes and good advice. I know that I didn't know him in person and that I may not have been his biggest fan, but this affects me. I saw some gifs of him and it hurt and tears fell from my eyes. And I know that around the world there are million of people who is sad and who cries for Jonghyun. I can't even imagine what his family and friends are going through. But we will be strong together. And we will support each other. And we will show respect to each other and to Jonghyun's family and friends. Jonghyun has brought us all together. That's how powerful he is.

I'm sad to find out that Jonghyun was in a bad place. I'm sad to find out that he didn't feel like he was in the right bussiness. But he knew how much he meant to people. He was strong and he did so good. He lived a meaningful life and he knew when it was enough. And it must have been the right decision for him. Now he rests in peace.

Kim Jonghyun is loved by so many people. He is important both in life and in death. Jonghyun will always be loved and he will always be missed and he will always be remembered.

You did well, Jonghyun. You worked hard. Rest in peace now. <3