Chapter 4

How I Met Your Appa

Chapter four

The managers had told us that fans love it when their idols do skinship. So of course we had to, as well. For some it was easier than others.

"Come on, Jongin! We have to practice!" Joonmyun exclaimed, walking after Jongin around their practice room. All of them were gathered in there, taking a break from dancing.

"No! I don't want to hug you and kiss you and other weird stuff that fans want us to do!" Jongin walked faster, beginning to run in a big circle, zig-zagging through the members.

"I don't want to kiss you either!" Joonmyun said. "But we have to be comfortable around each other, putting our arms around each other or stuff like that."

"No!" Jongin bumped into someone: Chanyeol.

"Oh, you're running to me, are you? Want to hook up with me instead of our leader?" Chanyeol teased, walking towards Jongin who took some steps back. Everyone was now looking at them, laughing.

"Come on, Chanyeol, I don't feel comfortable," Jongin mumbled, walking backwards.

"Trying to get away from Chanyeol? Well, you can play with me too, if you want." As Jongin didn't look behind him, he stepped into Baekhyun, who s his arms around him playfully.

"Come on, guys. Don't joke around with the kid." Jongdae came over just as Jongin managed to get away from Baekhyun's grip. Jongin stared at Baekhyun and Chanyeol with hatred and embarrassment, as he stood next to Jongdae, his rescuer.

"It's obvious that he wants to be with me, isn't it?" Jongdae smirked and placed his arm around Jongin's waist, pulling him closer. Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughed and walked closer, while Jongin tried to escape.

"Stop!" Jongin yelled, but the elders didn't want to listen.

Jongdae felt a hand on his shoulder as someone pushed him away. Then Yi Fan took Jongin's arm and pulled him away. As Jongin stood up against the wall next to Sehun, Yi Fan turned towards the three guilty puppies.

"He told you to stop, you should have stopped! If Jongin doesn't want to do skinship, he doesn't have to. At least not right now. Besides it's not your job to entertain, it was obvious he didn't think it was funny."

"Sorry." The three looked at the floor.

"Good," Yi Fan said. "I don't want to be the strict leader, but if I have to, I will. So don't give me a reason to be." Then he turned away from them and sat down next to Yixing again.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongdae didn't even look at Jongin, but turned towards each other with grins on their faces, apparently already being passed the scolding.

Jongin had sat down on the floor and Sehun did the same. Then Jongin leaned his head against Sehun's shoulder with closed eyes. Sehun didn't seem to mind.

As Joonmyun saw this, he managed to get eye contact with his corresponding leader, and Yi Fan nodded as the two leaders were thinking the same. Then their break ended and they had to go back to practicing dance.

 

"Wooo!!" Fans screamed as Baekhyun put his hand on Chanyeol's chest, supposedly where his heart was. Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun on stage and they both laughed as the fans kept shouting. The others on stage laughed too as the fans kept screaming by the small action.

"Enough with the love!" Joonmyun laughed and covered up the two boys with his own body. Jongin laughed as he put his head down at Sehun's shoulder, hugging him from behind. Sehun made a small smile as he put his hands on Jongin's arms. The fans shouted even louder, some of them seeing this.

 

Ji Yong, Sohee and Chanhee all looked at Minseok and Luhan as they told the story.

"Why didn't uncle Jongin want to hug uncle Joonmyun?" Sohee asked with big sad eyes.

"Uncle Jongin just didn't feel comfortable being close and touchy with many people," Luhan explained with a shrug.

"But it's so nice to hug people," Sohee said with a smile, not really understanding.

"Well, I wouldn't like to hug anyone I don't know very much, either. I don't blame him," Ji Yong said.

"But he hugged uncle Sehun," Chanhee said.

"Well... uncle Sehun and uncle Jongin always had a special bond," Minseok said.

"Please don't tell me that they were together too?" Ji Yong exclaimed.

Luhan and Minseok looked at each other. "Kind of. But that's not why they had a special bond!" Minseok hurried to explain, before Ji Yong could roll his eyes.

"Then why?" Ji Yong asked instead, but with narrowed eyes.

"Well, we can't really explain," Luhan said. "But it's kind of like me and your appa."

"But you're a couple," Ji Yong said.

"Yeah, but before that we were really good friends. Well, we still are."

"So maybe it's more like me and uncle Yixing, Ji Yong," Luhan said. "We're best friends, you know." Ji Yong nodded.

"Can we call them and ask?" Chanhee asked hopefully. "I mean uncle Jongin and uncle Sehun."

"Well, we could, but haven't we explained it good enough?" Luhan asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah, but we would like to ask them about it too," Sohee said. Luhan smiled at her.

"Fine, but not tonight." Luhan stood up from the armchair and looked at his kids. "It's time for you to go to bed," he announced.

"Ugh, I don't want to," Chanhee whined.

"Wait! So we won't hear how you became boyfriends?" Ji Yong exclaimed. Minseok smiled at him.

"Not tonight."

"I have to listen to this another night?!" Ji Yong groaned.

"Nobody's forcing you, Ji Yong," Minseok said with a sigh. "If you don't want to listen, you can be free. But now you have to go to bed."

"But it's only 9 o'clock!"

"And you have to go to bed. It's Monday tomorrow and you have school. Have you made your homework by the way?" Minseok said, as Luhan was busy getting Chanhee and Sohee to go into their rooms.

"No, and I don't want to!" Ji Yong said and stormed to his room, as the teenager he was. He slammed the door behind him and Minseok sighed, as he got eye contact with Luhan. "Should we give him half an hour?"

Luhan sighed. "I don't know. He has school tomorrow."

"You're right," Minseok said and pecked Luhan on the cheek. "When we have said goodnight to the youngest, we'll go to him."

While Minseok went to Chanhee's room, Luhan went to Sohee's.

"Why is Ji Yong oppa always so mad?" she asked Luhan as he followed her to the rest room, so she could brush her teeth.

"I don't know, Sohee," Luhan said. "He's a teenager now. And then you start to feel all these hormones in your body, and suddenly you can't control your temper."

"Then I don't want to be a teenager," she said with full of toothpaste. Luhan smiled.

"It's not all bad."

Meanwhile in Chanhee's room, Chanhee was putting his pajamas on, while Minseok had taken a seat on the bed.

"Appa?" Chanhee said as he put on his shirt.

"Mmh?"

"I thought it was fun to hear about you and baba."

"That's good." Minseok smiled. "Now, go brush your teeth!" Chanhee ran to the bathroom to brush his teeth, and Minseok waited for him to come back. He sighed. He loved his kids, but at times they could drive him crazy.

Small four minutes later, Chanhee came back and he laid down in his bed, his dad putting the blanket over him.

"Sleep tight, Chanhee." Minseok kissed his son on the forehead and went to the door. "Your baba will be here in a second." Minseok smiled to Chanhee before walking out of the room and into Sohee's room.

"Sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite!" Luhan said and slightly tickled Sohee as she laid under her covers.

Luhan smiled at Minseok as the two went past each other. Minseok stepped closer to Sohee's bed and kissed her on the forehead, as he had done to Chanhee.

"Good night, sweetie." He smiled at her as she closed her eyes. Then he walked to the bedroom's door and closed it, after he had turned off the lights. He met with Luhan outside of Ji Yong's room, and they walked in together.

Ji Yong was sitting by his computer, playing some kind of game on it.

"No, you are not playing on your computer, young man!" Minseok went over to the desk and turned off the computer.

"Hey!" Ji Yong exclaimed.

"'Hey' what?" Minseok said back. "You are not supposed to play games right now! You are supposed to get ready for bed!"

"Appa!" Ji Yong said angrily to Minseok. Then he pouted and looked at Luhan.

"Appa's right, Ji Yong. It's late and you have to go to bed," Luhan said in his most gentle voice possible as he walked over to Ji Yong, who sat by the desk.

"But why?! It's only 9 o'clock, and all of my friends are staying up till 10!" Ji Yong jumped up from his seat.

"I doubt that, sweetie," Luhan said.

"My friends aren't liars!"

"I'm not saying that," Luhan said. "I'm just saying that it's late and it's clear to see that you are tired."

"No, I'm not!" Ji Yong exclaimed, looking as if his eyes started to tear up. "Can you please go?" He turned around, so that his parents wouldn't see his watering eyes. Luhan and Minseok looked at each other, obviously knowing that Ji Yong would hate it if anyone saw him cry.

"We'll give you ten minutes," Minseok said, his voice a little kinder now. "And when we come back, you have to be in your bed." He and Luhan turned around leaving the room, and closed the door behind them. When they came back to the bedroom, Ji Yong was laying in his bed with his pajamas on. Minseok and Luhan smiled and kissed him good night.

 


 

A/N: Thank you for reading my story. Did you like this chapter? Please let me know ~ There's much more to come!