Chapter 43

How I Met Your Appa

                                                                     

KaiSoo! (Kyungsoo is the one kicking Jongin, for anyone who was confused :P )


(this chapter starts in a flashback)

Chapter 43

"Seriously, Kai?!" D.O. yelled after opening the door to the bathroom. It was morning and D.O. needed to take a shower, but because of Kai, the floor was soaked. And that annoyed him.

D.O. went into the living room with his wet socks in his hands. He glared at Kai, waiting for him to respond and apologize.

"What?" Kai turned his face away from the television with a sigh, sitting on the couch with Chanyeol and Chen.

"You soaked the floor," D.O. blamed him.

"So? I was in the shower," Kai responded. Baekhyun and Suho came into the living room from the kitchen.

"But you need to clean up after yourself. People might slip," D.O. said reasonably. "And look at my socks now." He showed his wet socks to the boy who sighed.

"But weren't you going to shower anyways?" Kai asked.

"Yeah, so?"

"You'll get wet anyways."

D.O. rolled his eyes. "I wasn’t planning on getting in the shower fully clothed, you know." Kai just rolled his eyes too and turned his attention back to the television.

"Don't ignore me! Apologize!" D.O. demanded, standing in front of Kai so he couldn't see the program playing.

"D.O., just go in the shower, please," Suho said with a sigh. Those two had been fighting a lot lately.

"No! I'm not going to let him win," D.O. said.

"Just change your socks. It doesn't matter," Chen joined. D.O. shot him a glare and he leaned towards the side of the couch the furthest away from the smaller boy, surprised - and a bit scared.

"Maybe you don't see the whole picture," D.O. said. "It's not just socks."

"Then what is it?" Kai asked.

"It's you. You annoy the out of me!" D.O. hissed.

"Ugh, it's never ending," Baekhyun groaned and dramatically hit the table with his head. D.O. shot him a death glare as well.

D.O. opened his mouth, about to say something, but Suho interrupted him before he got the chance to make a sound.

"Kyungsoo, go take a shower now, or else we'll be late for our schedule. We have a lot to do today, and we're not going to wait on you guys to make up. Understood?" Suho said. Kai looked like he was about to say something provoking to D.O., but luckily Suho cut him off too. "Kai, go to your room and change. You don't want to be seen in your sweatpants and barefoot by the press, do you?" Kai hesitated, but went to his room to change his clothes, and Suho sighed relieved, when D.O. also went to get ready.

 

Before the showcase later that day, another incident happened. Now with hundreds of people waiting outside for them and the members getting ready in the dressing room.

"Hey, I was using that!" Kai exclaimed, when D.O. took an eyeliner placed in front of the mirror Kai was sitting by. D.O. looked at the eyeliner in his hand.

"Really?" he said. "Are you sure you're not wearing enough of that?" D.O. eyed Kai provokingly.

"Hey! Noona put this on me and it looks good," Kai said, smiling at the noona who was standing behind him, combing his hair. The girl smiled back at him.

"Sorry, noona," D.O. said, remembering they shouldn't criticize their makeup- and hairdressers. The girl smiled at him, reassuring him that it was okay. She finished Kai's hair and went out the room. The other girls had also finished up their job with the other boys, and they all went out the room, wishing EXO good luck.

"Sehun, remember to be in line today," D.O. told Sehun and the younger boy nodded.

"Don't be like that," Kai said with furrowed eyebrows, obvious annoyed with D.O.'s behavior. "Don't criticize Sehun."

D.O. looked surprised. "I'm not criticizing Sehun."

"Well, you're trying to correct him. But if it's up to me, there's nothing to correct him on. He's a lot better than you, anyways," Kai mumbled the last part, but unfortunately D.O. heard him.

"Excuse me?" he said, looking hurt. "Am I not doing the best I can?"

"Well, sure. You're doing the best you can," Kai said, blinking as he turned around on his chair to look at D.O. directly. "But maybe it's not Sehun you have to correct, then."

D.O. opened his mouth slightly, dumbfounded.

"Stop it, you two," Suho stepped in. He looked at D.O., who stared at the floor blankly. "He didn't mean it."

"Yes, he did," D.O. mumbled. Then he his heel and walked out the door, leaving not only the other members, but also Kai perplexed.

"Kai, seriously, think before you speak," Kris said and shot him a blaming look.

"Yeah, why do you guys always have to fight?" Tao said. Kai didn't answer, he just sat with open mouth, thinking about what had just happened.

"I'm going after him," Suho said, standing from his seat and walking towards the door. "We're going on stage in about half an hour, so be ready when I come back!" he said over his shoulder as he left out the door, going to find D.O.

"You used to be so calm both of you. And good friends," Chanyeol stated and looked at Kai.

"What happened between you two?" Kris asked. Kai didn't answer; he just sat silently, contemplating.

Ten minutes later Suho came back. Alone.

"What did he say?" Kai asked and stood when Suho opened the door. He couldn't quite hide his worry.

Suho shrugged. "He didn't say anything. He refused to talk to me." Kai looked at the floor.

"I'll talk to him," he then said, resolutely. "Where is he?"

"In the bathroom. The third door." Suho pointed with a thump behind him at the door to the dressing room and Kai hurried out the door.

He walked down the hallway to the bathroom where he knocked on the third door.

"Kyungsoo?" he asked gently.

"I don't want to talk with anyone. But don't worry, I'll be back in time for the performance," D.O.'s voice spoke. Kai sighed relieved; he could hear on D.O.'s voice that he hadn't and didn't cry.

"Kyungsoo, I didn't come here to tell you to get on stage," Kai said. D.O. didn't respond. "I came here to say I'm sorry."

"Don't," D.O. said. "I'm not sad."

Kai smiled sadly, even though D.O. couldn’t see him. "Well, I am. I'm sad that I said something that could have been misunderstood. I'm sad that I got carried away and didn't think of my friend before speaking."

D.O. opened the door. "I'm not sad," he said. "I know it was all an act."

"But still I shouldn't have said what I said," Kai insisted, and put both hands on D.O.'s shoulders. D.O. looked up at him. "You know I think you are the best singer and dancer in our group, right?" D.O. snorted but couldn't help but smile a bit.

"Don't say something you'll regret. I'm not a dancer," he said.

"And exactly that's why you're the best. Because you try so hard and it looks amazing whenever you do. You don't know how good you actually are. And that's what makes you good." Kai leaned down and kissed both D.O.'s cheeks.

"What if anyone saw?" D.O. asked with a slight blush, when Kai hugged him tightly.

"They won’t: they're all in the dressing room. They think we're fighting."

"Well, you are a pretty good actor," D.O. said and looked up at Kai from his embrace.

"Not as good as you." And with that Kai leaned down again and kissed his hyung’s lips.

 

"Sorry to interrupt," Sandara said, and Jongin and Kyungsoo turned to her. "But didn't anybody think it was strange that you suddenly fought over every little thing? I mean, if you were so great friends before. Didn't anybody suspect anything? Nobody had a feeling that you were getting messed with?" She looked around at the other adults, who shrugged and shook their heads.

"We actually didn't know..."  Joonmyun admitted.

"Well I had a feeling something was going on," Minseok said. "I figured they used to be really good friends, and it didn't seem like neither Kyungsoo nor Jongin to be so caught up in every little thing they'd start fighting." Minseok shrugged. The others listened interested. "I thought back and remembered that Lu Han had told me about the closet, and Baekhyun and Jongdae's suspicion that they liked each other. So I started imagining that perhaps they were giving them a lesson. I know I would have..."

"I can't believe you figured that out," Yi Fan said. Minseok shrugged with a smug smile.

"It's just because he knows us so well," Kyungsoo said.

"And what about us? We don't know you at all?" Jongdae asked and Baekhyun nodded with crossed arms, showing he agreed with what his friend said and was ready to step in with a comment.

"Of course you know us well too, I didn't mean it like that," Kyungsoo just said.

"But what then? How did you confirm it?" Sandara asked Minseok, still not completely satisfied with the story, where not one of the ten members saw through Kyungsoo and Jongin's facade.

"They did after a while," Baekhyun said. "But not before things got a bit out of hand." He shot a blaming stare towards the people in question, and both looked down embarrassed.

"What?" Sandara asked with a curious smile.

"Tell us, auntie!" Jonghyun pleaded, and Baekhyun and Jongdae looked at each other, getting ready to tell the story.

 

It was right before a showcase. The members were standing in the sides, waiting until it was time for them to go on stage. They were watching and hearing the fans scream every time a new member appeared on the big screen.

D.O. snorted loudly as a picture of Kai was shown on the screen and the fans screamed even louder.

"Do you have a problem?" Kai asked D.O. with a threatening look on his face. His face was slightly more pale than usual due to the makeup and his eyes darker.

"No, not at all," D.O. said unaffected.

Baekhyun and Chen, who stood next to them, eyed them nervously. Tao and Lay looked at them anxiously, too, afraid they might start a fight right before they needed to go on stage.

"Oh, please tell me. I wouldn’t like to discomfort you in any way," Kai said sarcastically. D.O. narrowed his eyes at him, but answered nonetheless.

"It's just the way you smirk in every picture. Even on stage you have that smug smirk on your face, and every fan falls for it," he explained.

"So what?" Kai obviously couldn't see the big deal in it.

"Well, it's a lie, for once. And why would you even like to come out as a player? I don't get it. It's not even flattering. It just makes you look insane and... player-like," D.O. said. Kai looked at him surprised for a second, but quickly covered up and looked out at the stage instead, a neutral look on his face.

"You're just jealous because nobody fangirls over you, like they do for me," he said. D.O. looked at him slightly offended, but now it was time for them to get on stage, so he didn't manage to say anything back. Baekhyun pushed him lightly out on stage where they all began dancing.

In the middle of their performance, D.O. felt someone stare at him. He noticed Kai turning his head at times and looking at him, sometimes smirking and winking, making him smile. D.O. tripped over something, but the performance went on. And after some hours their final performance was done and the boys relaxed in the dressing room.

"You! What were you doing in the beginning of the first song?" Chanyeol pushed Kai against the wall, taking a strong grip on his shoulder. Kai looked startled.

"What? I don't know what you're talking about," he confessed, looking bewildered around at everyone who had stopped in their tracks.

"I saw how you tripped D.O.!" Chanyeol said with his roaming voice, almost yelling.

"I didn't!" Kai exclaimed.

"I saw too! I saw that D.O. tripped," Baekhyun said, walking to stand by Chanyeol's side.

"Yeah, what the hell, Kai?" Tao exclaimed. "Are you trying to ruin it for all of us?"

"What?" Kai felt really confused. "I didn't trip him!"

"Then why did he trip?" Baekhyun asked interrogatingly.

Kai looked from one to another with widened eyes. "I don't know! Maybe he was clumsy."

"You two really have to talk about it," Chen said, looking at Kai and D.O. with a sigh.

"Why aren't you saying anything, D.O.?" Lay asked him. D.O. had taken a seat on a chair and didn't say anything, just looked at the floor.

"If you two can't control yourself, I don't know what to do," Kris said.

"You're about to cross the line," Suho joined. Chanyeol had let go of Kai, and he and Baekhyun sat down on a small couch. Everyone sat down except for Kai, who was still standing against the wall. It was time to talk about it.

"We have to contact the manager if you continue this," Kris said to both of them, who looked at the ground and didn't know what to say. Kris was usually very calm, but when he was serious, he was dead serious and you could hear the warning in his voice miles away. It was a bit terrifying actually.

"Please, don't make us say it to the board," Suho said, looking at the two younger males. "But we can't continue as a group, if two members behave like that. I, personally, don't know what to do then."

D.O. dared to look up at Kai, and caught his eye. They looked at each other for a moment, didn't know what to do. Perhaps it was time to cut the act.

"Maybe I should just leave then," Kai mumbled, surprising everyone, including D.O. Though of course D.O. knew that it was still just an act, and he decided to continue it too.

"Maybe you should," D.O. mumbled, breaking the silence that had filled the room. Kai sent a death glare towards him, which D.O. responded to by sending one back.

"Kai! You can't leave," Sehun exclaimed. He looked shocked and hurt and dumfounded. Kai just shrugged. He had to apologize personally to Sehun later on.

"Sorry, Hunnie, but I can't work together with that pabo." Kai motioned towards D.O. with a nod by his head. D.O. glared at him.

"This is ridiculous!" Suho exclaimed. "Are you seriously willing to give up EXO before even considering just talking together?" He looked from Kai to D.O., not believing any of them.

"You realize you're not just ruining your own career, but all of ours?" Baekhyun asked. Kai and D.O. just shrugged, motioning that it didn't really matter to them.

"Seriously!" Suho exclaimed. It was clear that he was getting pretty angry and tired of the two.

"Please tell us what happened," Lay tried.

"I remember Kai told me that he hated D.O. hyung," Sehun said, trying to think back. "I think it was the day Baekhyun hyung and Chen hyung locked him in a closet. It was two weeks ago, I think. Remember?" He looked at Baekhyun and Chen. They both slowly nodded, thinking back.

"Oh yeah," Chen said. "What happened exactly?"

"Yeah, you two liked each other. I don't care what either of you say, but it's true. Everybody could see it," Baekhyun insisted, looking from D.O. to Kai. None of them said anything or looked at anyone.

"And you came out and were so pissed off," Chen continued. He thought for a while. "What happened in the closet?"

"We didn't know that there were tensions between you two - well, only good ones. But if we knew, I swear we wouldn't have locked you in a closet together." Baekhyun facepalmed.

"Are we really the reason you're going to break up EXO?" Chen asked worried. He surely regretted it. Kai and D.O. still didn't react. Everybody else stayed silent, looking from Baekhyun and Chen, to Kai and D.O., hoping for some kind of action.

"Oh dear god, you are crazy, you know that?" Baekhyun exclaimed annoyed, as they had waited for a reaction from Kai or D.O. for a minute - without luck. "Fine!" he sighed. "I'm sorry for locking you in a closet together. I didn't know that it would have catastrophic consequences."

"I'm sorry too," Chen said. "We only hoped that you two would finally realize your feelings for each other. Please, don't leave EXO. We need both of you."

Finally, D.O. and Kai looked up. First they looked at each other and smiled. Kai then turned his smile into a smirk and took a step forward, stretching his arms out towards D.O. D.O. grinned and stood, walking into Kai's arms and completely ignoring the widening eyes around them.

"Okay, what just happened?" Baekhyun asked, dumbfounded. D.O. and Kai looked at each other, and then at everybody else. They all stared at them confused.

"Sorry to have worried you guys," D.O. said. They only furrowed their brows even more.

"We... actually didn't hate each other..." Kai confessed.

"What?!" Baekhyun exclaimed. D.O. couldn't quite hide his laugh, which made both Baekhyun and Chen look at him angrily.

 


 

A/N: I am really sorry for the long wait!! I hope you're not dissapointed with me.. T^T And I hope this chapter was still worth the wait; did you like it?? ^_^

Another thing, this was purely made for entertainment! When the members said that KaiSoo wasn't only ruining their own carreers, but also the rest of the members', I didn't mean it as a reference to the real world. I do not, in any way, believe that Wu Yi Fan, Lu Han nor Huang Zitao ruined their own or the rest of EXO's carreer by leaving the group. So please don't hate me... It was only for entertainment's sake ^_^

Also, since it has been too long since I last uploaded, a lot of things have happened!! O_o And I am sure I can't remember all of it, so if there's something I didn't mention that you thought important, I'm sorry.. :/

First! Chunji (Teen Top), Chen and Lay (EXO), Amber (F(x)) and Key (SHINee) all celebrated their birthdays! Congratulations \(^_^)/ And in a couple of days Jimin (BTS) and Zelo (B.A.P.) get a year older too! Woohoo ^_^

Second! Ryeowook from Super Junior enlisted in the military today, to perform his military duty. He then makes the tenth member of Super Junior to perform his duty. I hope he will return safely ^_^

Last but not least! GOT7, BTS and SHINee all made a comeback! (I'm sorry if I missed someone.. if I did, please let me know :)) Their comebacks are SO good, all three of them, and so different (which is obvious, since the groups are VERY different.. :P ) Anyways, go check them out and support! \(^_^)/

Thank you so much for reading and suscribing! <3