Bonus 1 JongKey

How I Met Your Appa

JongKey!

 


 

Bonus 1:

There was not quiet at all at eleven o'clock in the apartment that Saturday. The furniture were stylish and clean, mostly white and light colors, the main colors in the apartment coming from various kiddy drawings and paintings around the room. The eomma himself had also made some paintings, and both parents had decorated the walls with both them and the kids' drawings, family portraits (of their whole family) and especially a lot of pictures of the kids throughout their ages. There was also a special corner in the living room reserved for posters and albums, small merchandises and unique fan gifts that had a special place in their hearts, and the parents would occasionally think back, glancing towards that corner and smile.

The reason the apartment wasn't quiet, was because of the music sounding through the speakers. It wasn't very loud; they had to protect their baby's ears, but it became a bit louder when both parents couldn't help but sing along, with their little fourteen months old making baby noises.

Youngbae and Chorong were sitting in the big couch, reading each their book, and once in a while they would share a glance whenever the baby made a sound that drowned the music. Jimin was sitting on the carpet, playing with his giraffe and his mouse plushy. He would also glance towards his younger brother and his parents with a pout at times.

"Okay, Kookie, eomma and appa are going to prepare lunch now, okay? Can you play by yourself for a while?" Kibum asked the boy lying on the extra soft blanket with his legs in the air. Jungkook just grinned and nodded with his little head. "Or you can play with Jiminnie?" Kibum looked at his slightly older boy with a smile, but Jimin just stared blankly back at him. Kibum ruffled his hair when he went past him out into the kitchen with Jonghyun.

The music continued playing and Jimin stared at Jungkook and wondered how you could have so much fun just staring at your own legs for several minutes. But that, apparently, wasn't hard for the boy Jungkook, 'cause he kept grinning and wiggling his legs and baby on the floor. Chorong and Youngbae also sent a look down at the boy who made incomprehensive sounds to the air, rolling their eyes, before turning their attentions back to the words in their books.

They could hear Kibum and Jonghyun sing to the music from the kitchen. Jimin put down his mouse plushy and giraffe plushy. He looked at the baby just two years younger than himself; Jungkook didn't even look at him. He grabbed his ball that was silently rolling around on the floor beside him and made his move: the ball hit Jungkook on the head and the little boy began crying. Not crying; wailing. It wasn't even a hard ball! It was filled up with air and the rubber was soft!

Youngbae and Chorong, who had witnessed the incident, quickly turned their gazes back to their books when Jonghyun and Kibum came vigorously back into the living room.

"What happened?" Kibum asked and picked up the crying Jungkook. He looked from the kids who pretended to read to the three year old on the carpet, who hadn't taken his gaze away from the baby like he probably should have. "What did you do, Jimin?"

Jimin didn't answer. He just kept a neutral expression on his face. The fourteen months old didn't stop crying, though, and Kibum had to take him into another room to comfort him, while Jonghyun would take care of the others.

"Jimin," Jonghyun said after he had turned off the CD: suddenly the mood wasn't up for it. "Did you throw a ball at your baby brother?" Of course he had noticed the ball on the floor and could piece the puzzle together in his head.

Jimin didn't answer. He just blinked up at his appa.

"Jimin," his appa's voice became more firm and this was not a time to joke around. Youngbae and Chorong now looked up from their books for real; too curious to pretend to read.

Jimin thought. Appa would be really mad if he had thrown a ball at his baby's head. He'd better lie.

Jimin shook his head, and Youngbae and Chorong exchanged glances.

Jonghyun scowled instructively down at the three year old, who just looked up at him innocently. Jimin tried with a little smile; his appa couldn't resist super Jimin's killer eye smile. But this was a serious time and Jonghyun just seemed to get more stern in his face. Jimin looked down, now a little sad.

"Jimin," Jonghyun said, but Jimin didn't dare look back up. "Jimin, you can't throw balls at other people. It's not right. Especially not at your baby brother." He kneeled down and Jimin looked in his appa's eyes. "He's only fourteen months old and his body is still very fragile. How would you feel if someone threw a ball at you?"

Jimin shrugged. How would he know? "It's a soft ball..." he mumbled.

"That doesn't matter, Jimin," Jonghyun replied. "Even though it may not be very hard, it's still not funny to get a ball thrown at you. Especially when your body is as fragile as your brother's. We have to be careful, you understand?" Jimin nodded reluctantly. "And we do not use violence in our family. Ever! You hear me?" Jimin nodded again and looked at the floor.

Jonghyun stood back up and turned his eyes to look at his oldest babies.

"And you two," he said, and the seven year old and ten year old knew that they were in trouble. "How could you let such a thing happen? You were in the same room as them, and you didn't notice your brother picking up a ball to throw at your other brother?" Jonghyun sounded firm and distressed, and suddenly Chorong and Youngbae felt a little bad at their decision of ignoring the incident. "I thought more of you two. I'm disappointed. Why didn't you stop Jimin? You know what's wrong and what's right, and this was definitely not right." Jonghyun looked from one to another. "Well?" He raised his eyebrows expectantly.

"We didn't see it..." Chorong mumbled.

"I don't believe you," Jonghyun replied.

"But, appa, we didn't! I swear!" Youngbae insisted.

"Whatever's the truth, you should have known to stop him. You are not little kids anymore. I will not tolerate this in my house! Kids hurting their brothers and sister. No. Next time, think twice." Jonghyun shot one last glance at his three kids, before turning on his heel and walking into the room Kibum had disappeared into before.

The lunch was held in silence, the family of six sitting around the dining table, not speaking to each other. Jungkook had obviously forgotten about the ball to his head, smearing his mashed potatoes all over his face with a big grin, maybe finding the silence sickening and wanting to cheer up his family. But no matter how hard he tried, he only received a small smile from his appa, leaving Jungkook with a pout as he led his dirty face fall to the table of the baby chair.

After lunch the three oldest siblings gathered in Chorong and Youngbae's bedroom. They sat on Chorong's bed.

"I don't like him." Chorong was the first one to say something.

"Me neither," Youngbae agreed.

"Jungkook's stupid," Jimin stated. He was sitting between his older siblings on top of Chorong's blanket.

"What should we do about him?" Chorong asked and looked at her older brother. Youngbae shrugged but then got an idea.

"We could ignore him?" he suggested. "Maybe if eomma and appa sense that we don't like him, they'll sent him back."

Chorong furrowed her eyebrows questioningly. "Is it possible to send back a child?"

Youngbae shrugged again. "I don't know. But I guess it's like sending food or clothes or stuff back if you're not satisfied. And we're not satisfied with the new baby."

Chorong's eyebrows only became more furrowed. "I don't think you can send food back to a store."

"What difference does it make? A baby's not food," Youngbae argued. Chorong shrugged in agreement.

"So what do we do?" Jimin asked, now fully confused due to the elders' conversation.

"We ignore him," Youngbae stated.

"No matter how hard he tries to play with us, we'll pretend he's not there," Chorong confirmed. Jimin nodded in understanding.

At eight o'clock, Jimin and Jungkook were put to bed. Jimin dressed himself in the pajamas, while Jungkook was helped in a clean diaper and put in his night suit. Jungkook grinned up at Jonghyun and Kibum, as he was put down in his baby crib, and Kibum rubbed his belly making Jungkook wiggle with joy and kick his legs in the air.

"It's time for bed, Kookie," Jonghyun stated and leaned down to kiss his son's head.

"That means you have to lay still," Kibum added when Jungkook grinned and was about to sit straight up. Of course the boy was caught in the act and immediately laid back down, earning a smile from his eomma. Kibum kissed him goodnight, and the couple made their way over to Jimin's bed, in the same room.

Jimin was lying safe and sound under his blankets and Jonghyun and Kibum kissed him on his head.

"Goodnight, Jimin," Jonghyun said, moving towards the door.

"Sleep tight, my babies," Kibum said and turned off the lights and closed the door behind him. But Jimin couldn't sleep. He was left thinking in the dark, eyes wide open, while he listened to the breath and sounds that the little baby was making from his crib. Jimin waited for what felt like ten minutes (but more likely were ten seconds), before moving out of his bed, opening the door slightly, looking out to see his eomma and appa in the kitchen with their backs facing him, for then to close the door quietly behind him and making his way to his brother and sister's room. He quickly and quietly closed the door behind him.

"What are you doing in here, Jimin?" Youngbae asked him wonderingly. The lights were on in this room, Jimin noticed, and his brother and sister were both in their beds, pajamas on, his sister sitting reading her book and his brother playing on his phone.

Jimin just stood there, fidgeting with his shirt and looking hesitantly at the ground, without answering his brother's question.

"What is it, Jimin?" Chorong asked him.

"Eomma and appa didn't say 'I love you'..." Jimin mumbled with a pout. He could almost sense his brother and sister share a glance of confusion. "They always say 'I love you' when they tug me in... what if they are mad at me...?"

Chorong sighed inaudible and closed her book to set it on the windowsill by her bed. "Come here," she said and Jimin hesitated before going towards her bed. She reached out and grabbed his hands, and he looked at her.

"Listen," she said. "They're not mad at you, Jimin. They love you. They probably just had a lot on their minds, so they forgot to tell you."

Youngbae could sense that Jimin hesitated with that explanation, so he turned off his phone, leaving it in his bed and made his own way to his sister's. He sat down on the foot end.

"Chorong's right, Jimin," he lifted Jimin up to sit between himself and Chorong's legs, which she held close to her chest, "they just had a lot on their minds. You know, a baby brings a lot of troublesome issues with it. And you know that Jungkook's the only thing eomma and appa are thinking of currently. But that doesn't mean they don't love us. They will always love us: we're their children! Sometimes they might just forget that..."

Jimin pouted.

"But of course they love us!" Chorong helped reassure. "They just had a lot on their minds tonight."

"About them hating me..." Jimin said.

"No, not hating you," Chorong said and tried thinking of something that would stop making Jimin upset. "They were just sad about earlier, but I'm sure that's long forgotten now." She tried smiling reassuringly, but Jimin still hesitated.

"They do not hate you, Jimin," Youngbae said and Jimin looked at him now. "Believe me," he said with a certainty to his voice. Jimin was unsure for a second, but then he nodded, and Youngbae and Chorong smiled kindly at him.

"But now it's time for bed," Chorong broke the silence that had fallen upon them, and she gently scooted her brothers off her bed and laid down comfortably under the covers herself. Youngbae went to his own bed and laid down too. He turned off his light, and suddenly only half of the room was lit up. Jimin hesitated to leave.

Chorong sighed once again. "Do you want to stay here for the night?" she asked hesitantly. Jimin quickly nodded, and she moved over so her younger brother could crawl up into the bed to lie beside her. She put the covers over him so they could share.

"Goodnight," Chorong said and turned off the light.

 


 

A/N: Good evening, my readers! (I meant to upload it earlier, but didn't have the time, sorry). ^_^'

Did you like my surprise?? It takes place years back from the actual story with the EXO families - so it's a flashback of the Kim JongKey family.

For anyone who was confused: The parents are Jonghyun and Kibum (Key) from SHINee. Youngbae (Taeyang of Big Bang) is their oldest son, age 10. Chorong (from A Pink) is their only daughter, age 7. Jimin (from Bangtan Boys) is 3 years old, and Jungkook (also from Bangtan Boys aka BTS) is 14 months old. But in the "now" with the EXO family, Youngbae is 13, Chorong is 10, Jimin is 5 and Jungkook is 3.

I'm planning on making a description on this family, like the one I did with the remaining families; just a little explanation of how their family works. (There's actually also another surprise couple, but we'll get back to that... - although you might have a guess on who that could be..? ;) )

I have a question for you guys, too. I would like to know the reason you're reading my fanfiction. Is it due to EXO only? Or do you like and know the other people/idols, too?

Thank you, as always, for reading. And thank you for subscribing and commenting. It makes me happy :3

Let me know your thoughts on this one ~ Thank you! See you next time ~