Bonus 6 Kray Proposal

How I Met Your Appa

                             

 

"Warning": this chapter will be mentioning Yi Fan's law suit


 

Kray Bonus pt. 1

Year 2019

 

Yi Fan was so ready. He had decorated the apartment with rose petals and the food was smelling nice from the oven. The small black box with the ring safely secured inside, was in the inner pocket of his black blazer which he patted just to make sure it was still there - like he had done so many times before already. He smiled satisfied and excited. He knew this was what he wanted.

He sat down and checked his watch. About 6 o'clock PM. Good. Then there was about an hour until Yixing would arrive. He glanced around the room, checking that everything was where it was supposed to be. It was. Everything was perfect and Yi Fan couldn't wait for Yixing to step through that door, to walk on the rose petals that was spread all the way from the door to the living room, where Yi Fan would stand in his suit, ready to greet his husband home with a bouquet of flowers.

Not many people would ever be so lucky to experience the charmer and romantic Wu Yi Fan. Only his one true love, Zhang Yixing, - hopefully his last forever - would be a witness to it. And that was definitely something Yi Fan could live with.

An hour went by slowly. He just wanted to see Yixing right now! He wanted to tell him everything he'd wanted to for the last four months. But everything had to be perfect and he had to - obviously - gather his courage. Because Yixing deserved it; he deserved someone to be certain and confident and perfect. Well, Yi Fan wasn't perfect. But for Yixing he was. Or at least he hoped so...

Yi Fan looked at his watch again. 7.10. Okay, so Yixing was a bit late. That's fine. Yi Fan's been waiting all his life for this moment; he could wait a bit more.

But to be twenty-four minutes late was unlike Yixing, and Yi Fan started to get nervous. He found his phone and was about to write his boyfriend's phone number when his phone rang.

"Hello?" Yi Fan said into the phone.

"I am so sorry, Yi Fan. I'm going to be late; the work is keeping me here for a bit. I'm sorry," Yixing replied on the other end.

Yi Fan sighed inwardly, but made sure to smile through the phone. "That's okay, Yixing. When are you going to be home then?"

"I don't know... Within an hour I think. Don't wait for me, okay? Just go ahead and eat," Yixing said.

"No, I'll wait. I wouldn't eat without you, babe."

"You're so sweet. I promise I'll come home soon, okay?"

"Okay. Love yo..." Yixing hung up the phone before Yi Fan could end his sentence. Well, he was busy, Yi Fan excused on Yixing's behalf. He probably just wanted to get back to work so that he could wrap it up quickly and come home.

He went to the kitchen to check on the roast. He had already turned off the oven, but had kept the roast beef inside. It still smelled good, though, and it was still warm, he felt when he opened the oven just a bit. He smiled satisfied.

Then he went to sit on the couch and the television. He might as well do something while waiting for Yixing to come home. And something to keep his mind off the upcoming evening and Yixing being late, would be a good distraction.

A little more than an hour went by before Yi Fan's phone rang again.

"Hey, Fan," Yixing greeted through the phone. He sounded in a hurry. "Did you eat yet?"

"No, I'm waiting for you," Yi Fan replied.

"Oh, you're sweet. But you really don't have to. Listen, I think I have to stay here for a longer while," Yixing said. Then Yi Fan heard a ruckus in the background and Yixing shouted, "No!"

"What happened?" Yi Fan asked concerned. He could only imagine Yixing rubbing his forehead in frustration.

"Someone tripped and spilled water over some papers I was working on..." He sounded upset and tired.

"I'm sorry," was all Yi Fan could say. He wished he could do more, but he couldn't from where he was.

"Yi Fan, listen to me; just eat. I don't know when I'll be done here, but now it's probably going to take longer since someone ruined my work!" Yixing growled.

"Hey hey hey," Yi Fan said, wanting to comfort his boyfriend. "Babe, relax. Okay? You're going to get this work done, regardless of some person who spilled water. You can do this. I believe in you. Just do your best. You'll be done soon and then we'll enjoy a nice dinner together, okay?" He could hear Yixing sigh.

"Thank you," Yixing mumbled into the phone and made Yi Fan smile.

"You're welcome. I'm here for you. If you need anything else, just call me, okay?"

"Yes."

"Be done soon, okay, babe?"

"I'll try."

"I love you," Yi Fan said and hoped to create a smile on Yixing's smile. Just a small one, at least.

"Love you too, Fan."

After Yixing hung up the phone, Yi Fan went back to the television, that was still playing, with a heavy sigh. Of course he had meant what he said to Yixing about him continuing his work and do his best, but a part of him had wanted so badly to demand him to come home to him this minute, so he could surprise him and make him smile and hug him. But fate wouldn't want Yixing home so soon.

"Hey, Yi Fan." Yixing sounded so exhausted after only another half hour, and Yi Fan had to restrain himself from yelling at him to come home right now so he could get some sleep.

"Are you alright? Is work still keeping you there?" Instead he acted just as a normal worried boyfriend would.

"I'm afraid so. I just wanted to take a short break from it all and call you."

"That's sweet. Thank you for keeping me updated."

There was quiet on the other end for a short while and Yi Fan had to check the display on his phone to make sure Yixing hadn't hung up.

"Do you think you'll be done soon?" Yi Fan dared to ask.

"I have no idea, Yi Fan... I hope so. I just want to go to sleep... I don't even have an appetite to eat."

"Hey, don't say that. Won't they let you go soon?" Yi Fan asked. Not wishing his cooking to be wasted.

"Yi Fan, I'm the boss, I can't just leave before my co-workers... Sorry, but I have to go," Yixing replied and Yi Fan heard him sigh.

"Just tell them all to be done for the day and come home," Yi Fan said.

"I can't do that. There's too much work that has to be done. You don't understand. I have to go now. I'll see you when I get home." Yixing hung up the phone before Yi Fan could manage a reply, and it made Yi Fan slightly angry. Yixing had no right to be angry with him; all he wanted was for him to come home! Yet Yixing had sounded frustrated with him. Why? Yi Fan had waited so long to only be with his husband! He should be the one to be angry! Not Yixing! Yixing didn't even know all the things he had prepared for him.

Speaking of which, Yi Fan looked around the room he was standing in. Suddenly the rose petals spread all the way from the door to the living room seemed so stupid. The roast in the oven was far too cold to be delicious anymore. Besides, he didn't feel like eating. It didn't matter. Any of it. The bouquet of flowers that was lying on the table was starting to get droopy. Or maybe it was just Yi Fan's imagination.

He took off the jacket to his suit and swung it over a chair, before he ran his hand through his hair with a frustrated sigh. Then he looked at his watch. It was 11 PM already. Yixing was four hours late. And he wasn't even home yet! Dammit Yixing...

 

An hour went by and Yi Fan heard a key turning in the lock of the front door and soon the door closed quietly. The sound of footsteps drew closer and Yixing became visible in the doorway between the hallway and the dining room where Yi Fan was sitting.

Yixing looked tired. His feet had been dragged across the floor and Yi Fan doubted that he had even spotted the rose petals under his feet.

"Hey," Yixing said softly and Yi Fan just looked ahead of himself, not sparing Yixing one glance. He heard Yixing let his shoulder bag fall to the floor and approach him. "I thought you might have gone to sleep," Yixing said and pulled out a chair to sit down.

"I didn't," Yi Fan replied.

There was a bit of an awkward silence before Yixing spoke again. "Did you eat?"

"No."

Silence.

"I'm sorry for coming home so late, there was just so much..."

"I get it, Yixing!"

Yixing was taken aback by the sudden outburst, but composed himself.

"Why are you so mad?"

Yi Fan turned to look at him and his jaw clenched. "Why am I mad? Because you come home five hours late! Because I prepared dinner and everything for you, Yixing, and you didn't even text me!"

"Hey, I called you three times!"

"I'm not done!" Yi Fan almost yelled. "You didn't text me when you would come home. For all I know, you could have spent several more hours at the office! You have no idea how much I've waited for you to come home! I made delicious dinner - well, that's ruined now! I decorated the apartment with flower petals and I wanted to give you a bouquet, but I doubt that you have noticed!" Yi Fan threw the bouquet of flowers half across the table towards Yixing who sat at the end, making several petals fall off before Yixing caught it. Yixing looked around himself and at the red rose petals on the floor. "Yes, you called three times, but I had to stay calm, to support you, because you are my boyfriend and that's what boyfriends do, even though all they want to do, is to tell you to come home! I put on a suit and I was going to propose and now you come home late and everything is ruined and...!"

"What?" Yixing interrupted with a single, barely hearable word. Yi Fan stopped his yelling abruptly. "You what? You were going to propose?"

Yi Fan felt like he couldn't even breathe. "Yes. But now everything is ruined and the dinner is cold and..."

"Do it."

"What?"

"Do it. Propose to me."

Yi Fan blinked a few times and found his heartbeat becoming uneven. Then, before he even realized it himself, he was on one knee in front of Yixing. "Yixing..." Suddenly all the words he had practiced was forgotten, and all the anger completely disappeared. "I love you. I have loved you for so long and I can't think of my future without you in it. Even though we've had some quarrels in the past, I would do it all over again without changing a thing, if it meant that I would stand on one knee in front of you today. You are perfect to me, my sweet sweet Yixing. And I'm sorry if I have ever hurt you in any way, and I promise to make it up to you every single day, if you will accept my proposal. Zhang Yixing..." Yi Fan patted his pants pockets and his torso, too - just in case something was hidden there. The ring, where was it?

"Mhm," Yixing cleared his throat and motioned towards Yi Fan's suit jacket that hung across a chair and Yi Fan pulled it closer and searched in the pockets, and finally! The little black box!

"Zhang Yixing," Yi Fan returned with a smile up at the other male. "Will you do me the honor of becoming my husband?"

He saw the tears in Yixing's eyes when he nodded at a loss for words. "Yes!" Yi Fan beamed and put the ring on Yixing's finger and stood up and hugged Yixing, his future husband, in earnest. He just loved him so damn much!

 

He smelled so nice. His boyfriend. His fiancé! He smiled by that mere word. They were going to get married soon! Well, he didn't know when, but sooner now than it had been before he had asked, that's for sure.

Yi Fan cuddled closer to Yixing's chest with closed eyes.

"What are you doing?" Yixing laughed at his boyfriend's cute action. They were sitting in bed and had just finished eating the noodles and spring rolls that they had ordered.

"Nothing. Just smelling you," Yi Fan said and earned Yixing laughing even more.

"Okay, that's weird, Fan! Are you going to be all weird now that I've said yes?"

"I might."

Yixing ruffled Yi Fan's hair and Yi Fan smirked up at him.

"Come on!" Yixing complained. "I can't have a proper conversation with you when you're hugging my chest."

Yi Fan sighed dramatically and reluctantly pulled away.

"Thank you!" Yixing said and grinned at the pout on Yi Fan's face. He caressed Yi Fan's cheek which only made Yi Fan pout more. "Fan, please!" Yixing laughed. "Okay, if I kiss you once, then will you behave properly again?" Yi Fan nodded eagerly like a love sick puppy, and Yixing rolled his eyes before leaning towards him and connecting their lips. But before Yixing could pull away and break the kiss, Yi Fan placed his hands on either side of Yixing's face and carried it on. Yixing rolled his eyes, but kept his eyes closed and enjoyed the kiss which only grew more intimate. Yi Fan proceeded on by putting a knee on each of Yixing's sides and gently pulling him to lie down.

"Mh," Yixing said and broke the kiss when Yi Fan's hand began moving across his chest and down his stomach. He looked Yi Fan in the eye with a sad smile. "Not now, Fan."

Yi Fan sighed.

"I'm sorry, I'm just too tired for that again. I really want to talk with you instead, though. Is that okay?"

Yi Fan sighed again but nodded nonetheless, obeying his fiancés wishes. He sat up properly again, removing his legs from Yixing and helping him to sit up as well.

They sat a bit in silence before anyone said anything.

"You know that I still love you, right?" Yixing asked quietly.

Yi Fan smiled. "Of course I know! I love you too." He pecked his lips and smiled at Yixing reassuringly and grabbed his hand to intertwine their fingers. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Mmh," Yixing thought out loud. "I was thinking that we should tell everybody we know. And that maybe we should travel to Korea."

"Why?" Yi Fan asked.

"Because many people we know live in Korea. They're our family too, Yi Fan!"

"A family that hates me, great." Yi Fan rolled his eyes.

"They don't hate you," Yixing argued.

"Do you remember at Minseok and Lu Han's wedding? Nobody talked to me. Plus, I wasn't even invited to Joonmyun and Taeyeon's wedding."

"That's not true. I talked to you, and we mingled with the other people together! They talked with the both of us," Yixing said. "And for your information, it was for your own best that you weren't invited to their wedding - it was media covered and there would have been unnecessary attention on you."

"They barely looked at me, Yixing."

"Well... truce works both ways..." Yixing mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, Fan! I just mean that maybe they were afraid to talk to you, too, because you were afraid to talk to them. Maybe they found you hostile, like you thought they were," Yixing explained and put a hand on Yi Fan's cheek, because he could sense that he shouldn't have said it. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. You know I'm not on either side, right?"

"Yes, I know," Yi Fan sighed. They had had that discussion way too many times, and each time Yixing resisted to be on either his old friends' side (Yi Fan's ex-friends) or his own boyfriend's side.

Yixing sighed and pouted at Yi Fan who had gained an absentminded gaze. "I'm sorry, Fan. Look, I love you and we're going to be an official family soon, but they're my family too. That's all. I shouldn't have brought it up tonight. Just forget it, okay?"

Yi Fan finally sighed and looked at Yixing. He nodded and Yixing smiled thankfully and sat closer to him to lean on his shoulder.

 

The next day, Yi Fan woke up with the conversation still in his head. Obviously he hadn't forgotten it; how could he? The ten people that were once in his life and had meant so much to him - like a bonus family - hadn't supported him when he had needed them the most. He knew that he had hurt them to the fullest and he regretted not leaving on a better note, but he had had no other choice at that time.

Of course they still meant something to him. They had had such a huge impact on his life. If it wasn't for them, he wouldn't be where he was today. He wouldn't be in the entertainment industry and he wouldn't be an actor. He wouldn't have asked Yixing to marry him yesterday.

Yi Fan turned around in the bed to stare at the sleeping Yixing by his side. He was so beautiful. Even in his sleep. And of course he wouldn't dare to shut down his dreams for any measure. Even deep down, Yi Fan hoped that he and the ten men of his past would once become like a family again.

"You awake?" Yixing's husky sleepy voice spoke and he slowly opened his eyes to smile at Yi Fan. Yi Fan smiled back at him.

"Good morning, babe," Yi Fan said and kissed Yixing's forehead.

"Mmh." Yixing smiled back more and stretched his arms and legs, before yawning cutely (Yi Fan thought).

"Did you sleep well?" Yi Fan spoke softly and Yixing opened his eyes completely to look at the sunrays shining in through the window on Yi Fan's face.

Yixing nodded. "I slept the best. Especially with this on my finger." He flaunted the ring with a happy smile.

"You're cute." Yi Fan caught Yixing's hand and held it close. "I've been thinking," he then said a bit more serious. "Of course we should go to Korea. They are our - or at least your - family and I want them to come to our wedding. Who knows - maybe we'll all become one big happy family again."

Yixing smiled happily and gratefully and snuggled closer to his soon-to-be-husband. "You're the best."

 

Landing in Korea was more nerve wrecking than Yi Fan had expected it to be. He hadn't been in Korea for a long time - the last time was probably for Minseok and Lu Han's wedding two years ago.

But this time it was different. It felt different. And when they landed Yi Fan felt that this was real. They were really doing it. They were going to visit everyone from the former group EXO. And Yi Fan didn't know whether to be excited of frightened.

It had been almost a month since Yi Fan's proposal and Yixing had taken time off for this week, so they could take their time with a short vacation and obviously to tell the rest that they were engaged.

They checked in at the hotel and left their bags and then they were suddenly standing outside of Minseok and Lu Han's house.

"Yixing!" Lu Han exclaimed when he opened the door after Yixing had rung the doorbell.

"Lu Han ge," Yixing greeted back with a big smile and hugged his best friend.

"Come on in," Lu Han stepped aside after hugging Yi Fan too.

Minseok and Lu Han had prepared coffee, tea and cookies when they sat down on the couch by the coffee table.

"How have you two been?" Minseok asked while Lu Han poured tea into Yixing's cup and coffee into Yi Fan's, Minseok's and his own cup.

"We've been good," Yixing answered and Yi Fan nodded affirmatively. "But what about you, guys? Are you dealing with the baby proofing and how's the surrogate mother? Is everything well? Are you excited?"

Lu Han grinned at the several questions thrown at their heads by an excited Yixing. "Yes, we're very excited. And Juhyun's doing good; everything is fine with the baby and her. She's been to all the examinations she's needed to up to this point and the doctor says that everything is as it should be."

"Yes, and we're reading a lot of parenting books and we've already bought some toys and clothes," Minseok continued. "I don't recall if we've told you, but we're expecting a boy," he said and both parents-to-be smiled excitedly.

"Oh really? That's so exciting!" Yixing exclaimed. "Congratulations!"

"When's the due date?" Yi Fan asked.

"The 25th of August," Minseok told. "In 4 months."

"That's awesome," Yi Fan said. "Congratulations, you guys."

They continued talking about Minseok and Lu Han's upcoming parenthood and other things that had happened since they last saw each other, and then Minseok decided to ask why the couple had come to Korea.

"We were really happy to hear from you when you called," he began and Lu Han nodded with a smile. "And we're always happy to see you, of course. Was there a specific reason you came to Korea this week or are you just on a vacation, or...?"

Yixing and Yi Fan looked at each other and Yixing took a deep breath and grabbed Yi Fan's hand.

"Actually we came to Korea with big news," Yixing told and squeezed Yi Fan's hand lightly to tell him to continue, when Minseok and Lu Han looked at both of them with friendly curious gazes.

"We are getting married!" Yi Fan said and Minseok and Lu Han widened their eyes.

"Are you serious?" Lu Han asked.

Yixing nodded eagerly and showed them the ring on his finger. "We're engaged!"

"Oh my god! Congratulations!" Lu Han and Minseok exclaimed and stood to hug the two.

 

The next day Chanyeol opened the door immediately when Yi Fan knocked, and he greeted both of them with a big smile and hugs. In the living room Baekhyun, Jongdae and Kyungsoo already sat, and they greeted their friends with smiles and hugs too.

"How was your flight?" Kyungsoo asked, when Yixing and Yi Fan poured coke in their glasses which were standing on the table. Jongdae pushed the bowl of candy towards them - which the four of them had obviously eaten from beforehand.

"It was good," Yi Fan answered.

"How's the studio?" Chanyeol asked Yixing.

"It's fine; we've been working a lot lately, but that's also why Yi Fan and I thought we should take a break," Yixing said and he and Yi Fan shared a look. Chanyeol nodded.

"So what have you been doing lately?" Yi Fan asked Chanyeol.

"You mean after EXO disbanded?" Baekhyun said and smirked teasingly at Yi Fan and the others.

"Yes, after you split up," Yi Fan replied Baekhyun and looked him in the eye. Baekhyun nodded like he was measuring his opponent, with a smirk.

"I've just been writing a couple of songs, nothing serious," Chanyeol answered.

"Great." Yi Fan turned to Baekhyun and Jongdae next. "And I heard you two went solo. How's that going?"

"Amazing," Jongdae said and continued, "I don't think I have as many fans as before, but I still get to sing - which I love."

"I agree with Chen-Chen," Baekhyun said. "And now I can try every genre I want to, without anyone telling me no. Well... almost; I still have an agency."

"How about you, Kyungsoo? Are you doing good, too?" Yixing asked him and Kyungsoo nodded.

"Ryeowook hyung and I are a bit busy, since we're trying to make our own radio program, but we're doing fine on our own. I hope it'll become successful once we're ready to debut," he told.

"Yes, he's always working," Jongdae complained.

"You are too!" Kyungsoo argued. "You work more than I do."

Jongdae stuck out his tongue and intertwined his fingers with Kyungsoo's.

"We should all go on vacation soon," Baekhyun sighed.

"Well..." Yixing began and looked at Yi Fan for approval. Yi Fan nodded. "We hope that you'll have the chance to take the days off to go to China for our wedding," Yixing stated and the four men looked at him questioningly.

"What?" Baekhyun asked.

"Wait, are you getting married?" Jongdae asked and looked from Yixing to Yi Fan. They nodded positively. The four faces broke into happy smiles.

"Oh congratulations!"

"When's the date?"

"Who proposed to who?"

Yixing and Yi Fan laughed.

"Thank you," Yixing said. "We haven't really planned it yet, all we know is that it's going to be in China."

"And I proposed to Yixing," Yi Fan answered the other question.

"That's great, you guys! So you're here in Korea to tell everyone?" Kyungsoo asked and Yi Fan nodded.

"Have you talked with anyone else yet?" Baekhyun asked.

"Only Minseok hyung and Lu Han hyung."

"So you're ending with the hardest ones?" Jongdae said hesitantly and Yi Fan looked nervous before he nodded.

"Relax! Of course they'll be happy for you, too! How can they not be?" Chanyeol was positive and patted his old friend's back. Yi Fan wasn't as sure.

 


 

A/N: Hello, dear readers! So this was the first part of Kray's proposal bonus! What do you think of it so far? ^_^ Please let me know in the comment section (it helps me improve and it's really motivating, dearest <3 )

Taemin's birthday is coming up (on the 18th): Happy birthday to him!

I feel like so much has happened since last time, and I'm sure I will forget something if I start to summarize... so I won't. Just keep on supporting all the boys and girls! ^_O

And just to make it clear: I do NOT hate any of the characters and this fanfiction is purely for entertainment's sake! If I made anyone uncomfortable, I'm sorry.

 

Please continue to comment and subscribe and thank you so much for reading!! :3