A Heart's Last Request

Moments Of Our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Five

A Heart’s Last Request

 

Miyeon was running as fast as she can in hope that she’ll make it to her husband on time to stop him in whatever he’s planning to do She hopes that she could still put some sense back into his angered mind.

She was now just a few feet away from the conference room and from where she is, she could clearly hear the loud shout of Joonhyung that is directed towards to Jinmo. She ran faster, and the moment her hand felt the door knob, she abruptly opened it.

“Joonhyung, No!”

Before anything could even register in her mind, Miyeon hurriedly run towards Jinmo.

And a deafening sound of a gunshot was heard along with two other voices that goes with it as their eyes saw what is it that slowly unfolding right in front of their very eyes.

“Miyeon!”

“Mom!”

Jinmo hurriedly ran towards Miyeon and catch her body before it fell to the floor.

Taeyeon didn’t know how she managed to be at her mother’s side in a flash but was at least glad that she’s already there.

The security guards who came were ready to restrain Joonhyung but stopped when the man pointed his guns towards them next.

“I’m the owner of this company you bastards! You have no right to interfere in here! Get out!”

He yelled at the guards then he swings his hand again and now, his gun is pointing back at his original target.

“I won’t let you get away from your sin, Jung! I’ll let you be with Miyeon in hell!”

Joonhyung fired his gun once again and after the loud bang. He saw that he finally hit his target.

He laughed like a mad man seeing that his sworn enemy for life has finally fallen down with blood seeping out of his body.

“Let’s all burn together in hell, Jung!”

And before anybody could even react, a third gunshot echoed in the whole room followed by another body falling straight to the floor, lifeless.

---------

 

Outside the corridor of the ICU, Taeyeon sat in one of the long row of chairs.

On the other side is where Jung Jinmo sat, with his shoulder bandaged and put in a sling cast to keep it from being moved.

Both of them were sitting far apart from each other, not even minding to throw a glance at each other’s direction.

That’s the scene that Rachel Jung witnesses when she arrived at the hospital. She doesn’t know what’s happened. How did this mess start and how did it ended like this? And also, she doesn’t know who to ask those questions of hers from the two, so she just decided to keep silent for now, observing the two silent people.

All eyes darted towards the direction of the operation room door being opened.

“Who is the daughter of the patient?”

Taeyeon abruptly stood up and run towards the doctors that is still in his operating gown. She ignores those little splatter of blood, knowing that it belongs to her mother.

“Me! How’s my mother, Doctor?”

The doctor’s only reply to her question was a weak shake of his head. Then Taeyeon felt a gentle hand over her shoulder after.

“Your mother wants to talk to you.”

Taeyeon hurriedly ran towards the open door of the operating room.

Rachel could only helplessly hold into her husband’s arm as she heard all the doctor had told Taeyeon.

“Oh my god, Jinmo…”

She felt her husband squeezed her hand in return. Rachel tried to calm down, she’s worried about her bestfriend’s condition and she’s worried about Taeyeon too.

Plus, that suffocating aura between her husband and the latter still hasn’t leaved her mind.

“I’m sorry Mr. Jung. We did everything we could to save your friend. But the gun shot on her chest was fatal.”

Jinmo looked up at the hospital’s ceiling, hoping that by doing it, his tears won’t fall. He turns his whole body towards his wife and tightly embraced her in his arms.

“Once again… We’re sorr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter