Can't Hide

Moments Of Our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-nine

Can’t Hide

 

 

Tiffany hurriedly gets off from the taxi before getting into another frantic run to get inside her aunt’s duplex. She threw her bag at the couch in their living room before dropping her whole body into the longer one.

 

She stared at the ceiling with a blank look but her mind was doing the exact opposite of her outer appearance.

 

“Damn! Damn!”

 

Tiffany frustratingly screamed to their empty apartment in hope that the fast beating of her heart will somehow decrease, so she could at least calmly breathe for her own good.

 

But her crazy heart doesn’t want to cooperate with her that makes her feel more frustrated.

 

‘Well you never really followed my orders… so I’m no longer amused now…’

 

Tiffany mentally scolded her heart before letting out a deep sigh.

 

She felt like her hopeless young self once again for behaving the way she did earlier at Yuri’s office. It seem like she’s still like the same old Tiffany that once had been driven away by Taeyeon’s father.

 

All these years, all Tiffany ever did was to build her own self esteem. She even memorized the words she’ll say in front of Taeyeon’s face once they finally meet again.

 

Just to prove to her that she had changed and that she’s no longer the naïve and helpless young girl she once knew back in Jeonju.

 

But Tiffany once again failed, she underestimated her silent heart that she thought has already moved on from her. It only proves to her that much, for everything that she planned for, vanishes into thin air when she finally stood there face to face with Taeyeon.

 

And Tiffany knows that the possibility of her and Taeyeon meeting again is very high, especially now that she’s moving into the same circle as hers.

 

She can’t avoid her now no matter how much she tries. Her avoiding tactics wouldn’t work anymore like before.

 

Yes, like before…

 

In fact she saw Taeyeon not just once from before, all thanks to her Aunt and Yuri. But during all those encounters, she manages to hide away from Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

The first time was when she was about to meet Yuri for a dinner at some fancy new restaurant in town, at first it was just supposed to the two of them and Tiffany doesn’t really mind.

 

On the last minute she receive a text from Yuri that her best friend suddenly showed up in LA and was about to leave the morning and asked her if her friend could joined them for dinner, Tiffany agreed not really knowing who was that friend.

 

But the moment she entered the restaurant, she got the shock of her life when she saw Taeyeon from a distant talking to Yuri. Luckily the two were engrossed in their talk that they didn’t notice her from entering.

 

Tiffany suddenly took a u-turn and walked as fast as she can out of the establishment and immediately looked for a place where she can hide. That night, she ditch Yuri and just send her a message that something suddenly came up and she can’t join her for dinner any more.

 

The second time was when she and her aunt were strolling down the mall and was looking for some things to buy for their home. She walked farther away from her aunt to look for something she like and when she came back to her, she already saw her aunt talking with Taeyeon with the latter smiling adorably at her aunt.

 

She immediately hides herself at the clothes racks and carefully glances if the two are still talking. She felt like a fool acting like this whenever she accidentally meets Taeyeon.

 

But this time is more hurtful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter