A New Friend [Kwon Yuri]

Moments Of Our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-one

A New Friend

[Kwon Yuri]

 

 

After that small stunt they did during lunch hour, Taeyeon and Jinah where now back at their respective table and Taeyeon starts to work on the projects proposal that were submitted to her by all the department head.

 

Her attention was captured by the ringing intercom on the left side of her desk, she took it and answered the call from her EA.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Ms. Kim, Ms. Kwon is here and was asking if you could spare her a couple of minutes and have a talk with her?”

 

Taeyeon’s eyebrow unintentionally rose due to the sudden visit of Kwon Yuri and was actually asking her to talk.

 

“Sure… let her in.”

 

Seconds later after she had returned the receiver on its cradle, her office door opened and came in Kwon Yuri.

 

The woman exudes maturity, calmness and authority that Taeyeon really finds really fascinating. It’s like it making her feel curious on how in such a young age this woman has rose to the top of this business world.

 

And what’s made Taeyeon more fascinated with Yuri is that, there’s something in the woman’s eyes that she can’t put a name on but she’s sure that she has seen it from somewhere before.

 

Taeyeon shrugs the last thought she had, she refuse to accept that she has that same melancholic eyes that Kwon Yuri has, even though she could see the exact same eyes whenever she see her own reflection.

 

“Did I do something nice to owe the pleasure of being visited by the President herself in my humble office?”

 

Yuri smiled at her and sat down in front of her working table.

 

“Nah… I just had a free time before my next meeting so I decided to drop by at your office.”

 

“Hmmm… okay…”

 

A pregnant silence passed by the two of them and Taeyeon was beginning to feel restless and no longer can ignore that Yuri is not saying anything and was just looking at her as she pretends to work on her laptop.

 

“Okay… spill it out, Kwon. Why are you here?”

 

Yuri left out a soft chuckle at her and Taeyeon felt confuse all of the sudden.

 

“For your name, you sure ain’t calm at all.”

 

Taeyeon bitterly laugh at Yuri’s statement.

 

“I’ve lost my calmness a long time ago…”

 

“Hmmm… me too…”

 

Another round of silence passed before Yuri was the one to break it this time around.

 

“Actually I came out here for a reason…”

 

“I could sense.”

 

“I’m going to LA in a few weeks and I think I’ll be staying there for a couple of years… depending on how things out there work out for me and my daughter.”

 

“You have a what?! Wait! And LA?! You’re moving there? For what?”

 

Yuri only smiled at her before answering all the question she had just hurled at the latter.

 

“For the first one, yes I have a daughter, she just e two months ago.”

 

“You’re married?”

 

“I’m shocked that Jinah didn’t tell you.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter