Pieces from the Past [Kim Joonhyung]

Moments Of Our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two

Pieces from the Past

[Kim Joonhyung]

 

 

Taeyeon was about to enter their driveway when she caught a glance of her father’s car. And she instantly wondered why he’s home early when he’s suppose to meet some foreign investors for JJK International with her uncle Jinmo tonight.

‘Maybe his rheumatism is acting up again and he’s feeling so much pain.’

Taeyeon parked her car along with the other two in their parking lot. After that she went inside of their house. She saw one of their house maids on her way and asked her to get some of her things she left in her car.

“Ajhumma, can you please get my bags on my car’s trunk and take it up to my room?”

“Yes, Ms. Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon turned around and continue to walk upstairs but her steps were halted when she heard that familiar loud noises coming from the direction of her parents’ bedroom.

Taeyeon was thinking if she should take a peek on their room to see what’s happening and why are they having yet another fight but just decided not to bother with it in the end.

She just shrugged her shoulders and starts to walk again to the direction of her room.

But all her previous plan were put to the drain when she get to hear her own name being mentioned rather loudly and angrily by her father.

Her curiosity was poked and before Taeyeon could even think what she’ll do. Her feet already moved on its own and took her to the direction of her parents’ room.

Taeyeon stood there quietly, listening to whatever her father has to say. She wonders why and how her own father could speak of her name so viciously like that.

‘Well… it’s not really the first time he spoke about me like that…’

It was like her name is a poison and it stung his tongue whenever he spoke of her name out loud.

Taeyeon thought or rather she felt that somehow tonight she might finally get to have the answers she’s been asking herself all this time.

Patiently, Taeyeon stood there, waiting for that moment where she can have at least a slight explanation to all her why’s.

“Don’t you dare go against my orders for Taeyeon, Miyeon!”

“I am not going against anything you wanted for Taeyeon to do, Joonhyung.”

Taeyeon heard her mother answered back in a very calm yet firm voice.

“Even though I could see that some of those things are already out of place and very much unfair to our daughter. Just only because you want to surpass Jinmo at the company. But not this time!”

Taeyeon got rooted to where she’s standing as she clearly hears the full determination her mother had right now. She had never once heard her go against or even answers back to her father whenever they’re having arguments.

Especially if it’s about her.

This is the very first time she had heard her mother stand up against her father in all their years of being together.

“And what’s wrong about what I wanted to happen? I’m actually helping your daughter to get a partner she can be with for the rest of her life! Someone that we already know and a family that could accept her for who she is, since she already announce to the whole society that she’s a—!”

Her father didn’t continue his last word but Taeyeon already and clearly know what it is he meant as he yelled all of those back at her mother.

“I’m urging her to court Jung’s daughter and if they somehow get to like each other then we could easily can get them get married. Is that so wrong? And beside aren’t they already like a family to you since you’re bestfriend with Rachel Jung? Don’t want our family to get even closer to theirs by marrying off your daughter to theirs? If you’ll talk it out to your bestfriend, it might be even easier since it was every best friends dream to marry their children to each other, right?”

There was a short silence after that long crazy explanation of her father and Taeyeon could almost see her mother shaking her head to his father right at that moment.

---------

 

Miyeon gather all her courage as she thought of will she explain everything to her husband without even angering him further than he already is.

She took a deep breath and calmly answers him.

“All these years since I’ve known you, you never once stopped telling me on how much you wanted to take back the company that Jinmo inherited from your father. When it’s so clear that you really don’t need to do that. You have you own company that you inherited too from your father, you even got more than him. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter