Ally or Foe

Moments Of Our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Fifteen

Ally or Foe

 

A few days after that incident, Taeyeon managed to pick up herself back again. She has finally thought that none of her problems would be solve if she’ll continue to encage herself at their ranch neither her drowning herself with alcohol could change anything that had happen to her whole family.

And she definitely need a more effective way to distract her mind from thinking of that one person who managed to turn her entire world upside down in just a span of a night.

She needs to stop thinking about Tiffany or else she’ll go crazy. The younger woman still hasn’t contacted her grandmother about her latest condition and it drives Taeyeon nuts. She’ll deal with her problem with Tiffany later on.

Because right now, Taeyeon has a much bigger problem to deal with, the other reason that made her pick up herself rather faster is because the members of the board of the Kim Industries has called for an emergency board meeting which obviously, needed her presence since she’s still know as Kim Joonhyung’s only daughter and the only heiress of his businesses.

“Good morning, Miss Kim.”

Her father’s middle aged assistant greeted her the moment she stepped out of the elevator. She only answered the woman with a slight nod and sauntered her way towards Joonhyung’s office with the assistant following her side.

“Miss Kim, Attorney Choi is already at your father’s office waiting for you. He says that he needs to brief you before the board meeting.”

Taeyeon stopped on her track and looked at the shocked assistant. The only thing Taeyeon could think of with that piece of information is that it doesn’t sounds nice at all. She took a deep breath before opening the door of the office.

She saw man that’s probably around her father’s age and he’s accompanied with a tall young woman that she could say that is maybe around her age.

“Hello Taeyeon, I’m sorry I asked you to come earlier before the meeting.”

The man extended his hand towards her for a hand shake and Taeyeon took it as a sign of courtesy.

“It’s alright, Atty. Choi. Please have seat again.”

Taeyeon walked towards her father’s executive chair and made a mental note to redecorate the whole interior of the office and get his father’s things thrown out of the garbage.

“Before we start, I’d like to introduce to you my daughter, Choi Sooyoung, and from now on she’ll be the one to handle all your legal affairs. She just recently passed her board exam and is now practicing for our law firm, she might be new in this field but I assure you that she’s good, so please trust her.”

“Oh congratulations Ms. I mean Atty. Choi Sooyoung.”

Taeyeon offered her to the young lawyer and the latter took it with a small smile.

“Thank you, Ms. Kim.”

“And I will now take my leave because Atty. Choi Sooyoung here, will be the one to explain you the things about the reason I called for you earlier.”

“It’s alright Atty. Choi, I trust you and your judgment so it’s safe to say that I also trust that your daughter will do her job as my new corporate lawyer.”

The lawyer and his daughter respectfully bowed his head to Taeyeon and all she could do is return the bow with the same respect, although she’s really starting to feel a bit uneasy with too much formality that the lawyer is showing to her.

“Thank you, Taeyeon. I’ll now take my leave and let the two of you start the short briefing.”

“Thank you, Attorney.”

“You’re welcome.”

Taeyeon once again shake hands with the older lawyer and soon watch him walk out of the office, leaving her with her new lawyer sitting in front of her.

“So… shall we start?”

Taeyeon rested her back against the executive chair before looking in the eye of the now serious lawyer and Taeyeon instantly knew that she should also get serious.

“If you’re now ready to listen, Ms. Kim.”

“Fire away, Atty. Choi.”

“Okay, it’s about the inheritance your parents have left you, but I’ll just focus on your father’s side first, I will tell you about the properties your mother alone had left for you later after the board.”

Taeyeon only nodded as an answer and Atty. Choi continued with her explanation.

“Well… we all know that you’ve been very busy with JJC since the moment you’ve got out of college which is I know was your father’s idea in the first place. And I highly doubted that your father might have not told you about the status of the company these past few years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter