Forty-one

Moments Of Our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty-one

 

Taeyeon’s rekindled relationship with Tiffany was running smoothly over the past week. She extended her stay in Los Angeles just to spend more time with Tiffany and her daughter because Taeyeon wanted to make up for all their lost time.

 

Taeyeon is now in the middle of preparing and planning the next big step in her life. The life she wants to starts with Tiffany and Andrea with it. She was so nervous just thinking about it, she had already asked Yuri and Sooyoung’s opinion and help and sad to say, her two crazy friends are no help at all.

 

Yuri wants her to just elope with Tiffany while Sooyoung want her to propose to her on a rooftop with all those romantic cliché things in a proposal could be. Taeyeon wanted to hate her for even considering to ask her two crazy bestfriend’s opinion.

 

Now, she’s only left with a much greater dilemma on how will ask Tiffany. Taeyeon even can’t remember if she already asked Tiffany to be her girlfriend yet and now she’s already planning to ask her to marry her.

 

“Aish!”

 

Taeyeon mumbled as she hit her head on the counter table. She didn’t notice that somebody was already with her all this time and silently laughing at her silliness.

 

“What’s wrong Taeyeon? Care to tell Aunty?”

 

Taeyeon’s head shot up as she heard her aunt’s voice.

 

“Aunty Rachel! Since when did you got here?”

 

Her aunt chuckled at her before giving her the same motherly smile her mother used to gave her whenever she’s in deep thought.

 

“Long enough to hear you sigh for three times before you hit the poor table with your hard head please have mercy on the poor thing I’m getting worried that it’ll just break one day because you and your siblings seems to like to hit it with your hard heads!”

 

It was Taeyeon’s turn to chuckle at her aunt silly remark. The heaviness she felt somehow lighten up a little bit as she heard the concern in her aunt’s voice.

 

“Feeling slightly better?”

 

Taeyeon only answer with a nod.

 

“Now tell aunty what’s bothering that hard head of yours…”

 

Taeyeon took a deep breath before looking at straight at her aunt’s eyes.

 

“Aunty Rae… I… I think… Iwannasettledown!”

 

Taeyeon let it all out in a one long breath, she wondered if her aunt get to understand her but as she the evident wide smile in her aunt’s lips is enough confirmation to Taeyeon that her aunt understand her loud and clear.

 

“I’m so happy for you, dear! So who’s the lucky one that made the notorious Kim-Jung Taeyeon finally want to settle down?”

 

“Aunty… what’s with the long name again?”

 

Taeyeon childishly whined upon hearing her combined name. She finally refused her father’s offer to change her name into Jung Taeyeon which obviously threw a huge fit to their old man and in return she agreed that he’ll let him to at least introduce him to all his business associates and to the rest of people that knows them as her daughter. But her Aunt Rachel insists that she will occasionally call her in both of her surname whether she likes it or not.

 

“What? I like it! It reminds me of your umma! So let the old woman have her fun!”

 

“You’re not that old! Unlike a certain grumpy old man we both knew!”

 

They both threw a fit of laughter after that.

 

“Come on Taeyeon don’t swerve the way of out talk! Tell me who is that lucky girl!”

 

“Her name is Tiffany Hwang, and yes that Tiffany Hwang that grandma Seomin take care of back in our ranch in Jeonju. I met her again after three years here in LA. Actually, all this years I’ve been looking for her but I just can’t seem to find her anywhere and now… now that fate finally brought her back to me… I just don’t want to lose her again, Aunty. Those three years as like hell and I thought I would lose my mind because I can’t have her back in my arms. It hurted me so much when I just woke up the next morning and she’s already gone in my arms…”

 

Taeyeon felt her body being tightly hugged by her aunt and it felt nice, really felt nice.

 

“Then go get her make sure to hold on to her because I definitely want to see this always smiling you for a very very long time and now it’s clear to me that that Tiffany was the reason behind in those smile of yours.”

 

“But Unc-Dad, might not like it…”

 

“Why would he?”

 

“I asked for his help before when I really can’t seem to find Tiffany back in Korea but he just shouted at me and told me that I should deal with my mess first before I go look for a missing woman who just left me… I really don’t understand him at all at that time and I just kinda grew madder at him for that.”

 

“Taeyeon… you should have come to me or to your brother. I know Yunho will help you.”

 

“It kinda slip my mind at that time, I’m sorry Aunty…”

 

“Don’t do that again okay? always remember that were all her for you because we’re all family. You’re father might be stubborn and hard headed, well all of you got that from him after all… but I’m sure he will never go against his own child’s happiness and if this Tiffany is your happiness, I’m sure he’ll accept her and your decision.”

 

“You think so, Aunty?”

 

“I know so! So you better get your Tiffany as soon as possible! And give me another grandchild to play with! I suddenly miss your nephew! I kept on bugging Yunho to have a short vacation in her so I can at least see his son!”

 

“Uhm about that…”

 

Taeyeon was intently eyed by her aunt as she starts to fiddle with her fingers a number one sign that she’s starting to feel nervous.

 

“Oh my god Taeyeon! Don’t tell me you made her pregnant already!”

 

“Aunty! No! that’s absurd! Sure, I want to have a child with her, our own child! But there’s a very long process for that! I’ll think about that later on after I secured a ring on her finger!”

 

“Oh! I thought she’s already pregnant! I guess I still haven’t recovered from what your brother did! My bad!”

 

“But Tiffany already have a child, a daughter… her name is Andrea and she’s one sweet little girl, Tiffany got her under some circumstances and I’m happy to see that little girl running around me too…”

 

“Pardon me to ask this but she already have a daughter from a previous relationship?”

 

Taeyeon vehemently shook her again and began explaining to her the circumstances she said on how Tiffany got Andrea. She wanted her aunt to know it as soon as she can to eliminate further misunderstanding again.

 

“Oh wow! That’s so very nice of her! you know what, it really doesn’t matter to me if it turns out the other way than what you’ve told me because in the end it Tiffany that makes you happy and I know that even if the world went against you, you will still persuade Tiffany. Just go and be happy Taeyeon, you have my full support! And don’t worry about the stubborn old man! I’ll bring out his leash and drag him if needed!”

 

“Thank you, Aunty! That’s exactly what I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter