How Change Begun

Moments Of Our Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-four

How Change Begun

 

 

Tiffany remembered the feeling the first time her feet landed on Los Angeles International Airport.

 

Her heart is continuously pounding under her chest with so doubts and uncertainty about what would happen to her in this foreign land.

 

She doesn’t know any one, doesn’t have anything, just her mother’s diary that contains the address of her aunt and her acceptance letter and her dean’s recommendation letter for her transfer and a little money that her grandmother gave her and of course that money.

 

She decided to go to the university first, since the semester is about to start a few days from now, she needs to settle with her enrolment first so she could at least secure a place for her to live at while she go out hunt her aunt’s current location.

 

Tiffany was smoothly adjusting to her new life, she even managed to land in part time inside the campus that helps her out with her little finances for her study.

 

She does all types of part-time since she doesn’t want to worry her grandmother back in Korea, which she occasionally sends a letter using a different name and asked her to keep it a secret from everybody, especially to that person. In that way she kept her communication with her grandmother back in Korea.

 

She met some few good friends along the way that she’s truly grateful for, since they had kept her company during the hard times when she’s feeling so homesick and had helped her in many ways.

 

Her mind has drifted on that one particular day when she finally had a time and money to go look for her aunt. Her dorm-mate, Angela Hwang who instantly became her bestfriend because according to the girl, they are now sisters from now on since they have the same surname.

 

Angela has volunteered to accompany her in her search since the very start because she’s not yet familiar with some places in LA and because the girl just don’t want her to be alone.

 

The address in her mother’s diary brought them in front of a fairly huge two-story type house in one of the finest subdivision in uptown LA. She couldn’t believe it that her mother use to live in this huge house, the house seems bigger than most of the houses that they’ve seen along the way.

 

Although she’s feeling nervous, Tiffany still managed to lift her finger up to the doorbell and gave it a little push. Shortly after she had ringed it, the door opened and an American woman around her early thirties greeted them with a warm smile.

 

“Hi, what can I do for the two of you?”

 

Tiffany smile at the woman first before giving her a reply.

 

“Hello, I’m Tiffany Hwang and I’m looking for a certain Caroline Hwang, this is the address that my mother had written in her journal for me.”

 

“And you are her?”

 

“Uhm… she and my mother are sisters…”

 

“Oh! Mrs. Hwang has already moved into a different address, sweetheart. Although she still owns this house, she let my family to lease it in a very affordable cost with just a promise that we take of the house!”

 

The woman who introduced herself as Mrs. Cole had told her and her friend Angela  about the latest where about of her aunt which also not that much since they doesn’t know very much since they only wire the monthly rent to her bank account and some occasional phone call of her aunt.

 

Tiffany’s face gloomed with the information she has just heard from the woman.

 

“Can you please at least give me her latest address?”

 

Mrs. Cole looked at her looking a little hesitant.

 

“I promise I’m a good person and I really am her sister’s daughter. She’s the only family I have and I really want to know her… please Mrs. Cole, help me out.”

 

“Okay… I’ll give you her address…”

 

Tiffany’s face instantly lit up when she heard the woman’s reply at her plead.

 

“Thank you! Thank you so much!”

 

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter