008

Tough Girl's Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tough Girl's Sweetheart 8 

 

Joonmyun POV

"Excuse me," I excuse myself from the conversation and went to look for Haeul.  

 

It's been at least 20 minutes since Haeul went to the washroom. I scan the venue to come out with nothing. She's not here then. Did something happened to her?! I exit the venue and walk around the toilet area and around the garden before I saw her. I was about to call out for her when I noticed she wasn't alone. She was talking to a guy, a very handsome and tall guy. I hid behind the wall and look at them. They are too far for me to listen to what they are saying but I can see that Haeul is surprised yet happy to see this guy. Who is he? The guy opened his hand, welcoming a hug. I was sure Haeul won't run into his embrace but unexpectedly, she ran into his embrace and they hug each other tightly while laughing. I look away feeling weird. I touch my chest as I felt this clenching feeling around my chest. What is this feeling? 

 

Haeul POV 

"Oh! What the hell?!" I exclaim when I saw who he is. 

 

"Surprised right?" The guy smirk. 

 

"I thought you were in China?!" I ask, still in shock. 

 

"Who won't fly over for his only niece's engagement?" The guy laughs. 

 

"**Park Sanghyun! You may be my uncle but it's so weird for you to call me your niece. No one would believe you, you baby faced model," I said and scoff," Last time you said that, people thought we were some weird couple with ."

**(Park Sanghyun is Thunder. Dara's real little brother who used to be part of an idol group called MBLAQ. Now he is an actor going under his real name, Park Sanghyun.)**

 

"Come here," Sanghyun opened up his hands, mentioning me to run into his embrace.  

 

"Wahh~ It's been so long!" I ran into his embrace and laugh. 

 

"Congratulations.  You guys look good together," Sanghyun said  and pat my head. 

 

"Hahahaha really?" I pull away from him and ask. 

 

"Yupp. MBLAQ & Lee Joon sent their congrats," Sanghyun smiles. 

 

"You still in contact with MBLAQ & Lee Joon oppas?" I look at him amused. 

 

"Hey, I exit the group in a friendly way. Plus we sometimes have coffee together in China. They support my modelling passion anyways so we're good," Sanghyun explained. 

 

"That's good to hear! Hey, let's go in. You haven't meet my fiancé and did you see omma and appa already?" I took his hand to pull him in but he didn't move. 

 

"Sorry Haeul ah but I got to go. I came by to say congrats to you only and I've seen your parents.  Maybe I'll meet your fiancé another day," Sanghyun explained," I have a shoot to rush to. So sorry Haeul." 

 

"Ah. If that's the case then it can't be avoided. Thank you so much for coming all the way here oppa. It really means a lot to me. Take care and good luck with your shoot. Supermodel Park Sanghyun fighting!" I cheer him on even though I was kinda disappointed that he had to go. 

 

"Horrible Bride-to-be Haeul fighting!" Sanghyun joked which earned him a slap on his arm. 

 

He gave me another hug before he really went away. I smile at his retreating back and walk back inside to the venue to search for omma and appa. I turn to a corner and saw Joonmyun standing by the balcony, looking over the horizon with a thoughtful look while putting his hand on his chest, where the heart is at. What is he doing? Heart burn? I quietly make my way behind him. He still have yet to notice me. 

 

"Boo!" I shouted and poke both side of his waist. 

 

"AHH!" Joonmyun jumps away and turn to me in a defensive pose. 

 

I laugh at his reaction while his face turns red by the second, from embarrassment I guess. 

 

"Don't scare me like that!" Joonmyun said and looks away. 

 

"Sorry but you were so deep in thoughts that you didn't noticed me," I said after calming down," What were you thinking so hard of?"

 

I was replied back with silence so I decide to just stand beside him while watching the beautiful garden below us. The weather is perfect tonight for a stroll. 

 

"Haeul, do you really want to go on with this arrangement?" Joonmyun suddenly asked seriously.  

 

"Yes. Is there a problem? You don't want to go on?" I asked and turn to him, confused now.

 

"No, there is no problem. I just want to say that you are free to get away from this arrangement if you have found the one you really love. I don't want you to suffer just because of our parents' wish. Even if we got married and you found another guy who can make you happier, I'll let you go. So, please, before things get too complicated, we can settle it if you don't feel comfortable with it," Joonmyun explained sincerely.  

 

"I don't know what made you think like this but I won't back away from my own decision. As you know, I'm no normal girl who have the privilege to meet others and falling in love before marriage. Our type of people don't get married because they fall in love, they get married to fall in love later on. My parents were arranged too but they managed till now. No divorce and I hope we could be the same too. I expected this so I accept it," I pause for a while, contemplating whether I should say what I've been wanting to say. 

 

"I may not love you now but I'm sure I will in the future. And so will you. I'll make sure you'll fall in love with me. This is a challenge Kim Joonmyun-sshi!" I said jokingly while looking at him seriously but deep inside, it's a sincere confession of my timid heart. 

 

"Okay, challenge accepted. Then let's make an agreement Kwon Haeul-sshi. Let's work hard for our future marriage. I have a feeling it won't be as easy as we think it is," Joonmyun answered unexpectedly.  

 

"Come on oppa. We'll make a pinky pledge," I suggest and held out my pinky. 

 

"Isn't it supposed to be pinky promise?" Joonmyun asks but still held out his pinky. 

 

"Well... a promise is easier to break than a pledge," I explain as I wrap my pinky around his.  

 

 "But isn't a witness necessary for a pledge to be made?" Joonmyun asks while looking at our intertwined pinkies.  

 

"The stars and moon will be our witnesses then," I said and point at the sky which is filled with sparkling stars and the moon. 

 

"You're right," Joonmyun smile after looking around," So what do we say?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter