007

Tough Girl's Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

abeoji = another term for father

 

Tough Girl's Sweetheart 7 

 

Haeul POV

"Woahhh!!!" I raise my hand to touch my face but it was slapped away by Hani. 

 

"Yah! Don't touch my masterpiece!" Hani scolded while patting the sponge onto my face. 

 

"FYI, you're masterpiece is on my face. So I have the rights. Plus it's not like I don't know how to touch up," I scoff and glare at her but I didn't pull up my hand to touch my face again. Angry Hani = unpleasant Hani. 

 

I watch in awe in the mirror how my face had changed in just half an hour. Sure I know make-ups and how to use them but not till this extend. My basic consist of foundation, powder,  concealer, eyeliner, mascara, sometimes black and grey eyeshadow and last but not least, lipstick. I'm seeing a whole new lot of products which I don't even know is an extension versions of the basics. Talking about make-up gurus!

 

"Done!" Hani chirp in excitement.  

 

I stare in the mirror and smile. Opposite from my usual minimal-to-nothing daily make-up or my fighting smoky make-up, this is a mix of minimal yet lady-like make-up. I got pastel colours on my eye lids! 

 

"Wah not bad Jung Hani not bad at all," I praise her as I inspect my face. 

 

"Of course. This is Jung Hani at your services. Go get change while I get my own make up done," Hani chase me into the walk-in closet. 

 

I strip out of my baggy shirt and shorts and change into the dress I bought two weeks ago with omma and her gang and Lee Hayi unnie. I quickly zip the dress up and return back outside where Hani is busy painting her face with products. 

 

"Done? Give me a sec. I'll do your hair. In the mean time, use your heels first," Hani said while her hands and eyes was focused in drawing her eyeliner. Amazing! 

 

After putting on the heels and waiting for Hani, finally my hair is given attention. Did I mention? That we're at the hotel were the reception will be held and we're in the presidential suite. So much grand for an engagement.  Hani swiftly bun up my locks of brown hair and top my hair style off with a  golden headband, matching my dress.  I walk infront of the full length mirror and just look at myself. 

 

"You're gorgeous," Hani said and stood beside me, all dressed up too. 

 

"Thanks. You too," I smile slightly and just stare at the both of us. 

 

"Wae? Is something wrong?" Hani ask when I just stood there silent. 

 

"No. Nothing is wrong. Just that I remember the days we used to sleep-over each other houses. We'll do stupid stuff and just eat ice cream all night. And now I'm engaging while you're gonna get married soon too," I said and turn to her. 

 

"How did you know I accepted his proposal?! It was just last night," Hani look at me surprised.  

 

"Pabo, I'm the one who help him choose the ring, the venue, the flowers and the music. Of course I'll be the one who will know the result first, " I explain and laugh," Congrats!"

 

"Ahhh!! No wonder the ring, venue and music suit my taste. It was you who helped him! Thank you Haeul ah," Hani said and laugh. 

 

"No problem. Glad you liked it because if you didn't,  Leon oppa is gonna skin me alive," I joke and turn back to the mirror. 

 

"Yeah he will," Hani smile and turn to the mirror, "We're gonna still have sleep-overs right?" 

 

"Of course. No boy is gonna change that. You're my only girl friend," I said and smile. 

 

"I like the sound of that," Hani said," Oh! Wait here.  I gonna get something." 

 

Hani rush off to simewhere, leaving me to inspect my looks for the last time. Gotta look flawless since the media will be here. I turn and look at my . My tattoo is visible for the world to see. I got it on my 18th birthday. Too fast to live, Too young to die. A replica of appa's oldest tattoo.  I've always love that sentence. It just describes life and screams freedom. Omma was horrified when I came back home from the tattoo parlour but what's done is done. She came around to it and just accepts that a tattoo won't make me less womanly.  So she ended up having a group tattoo with her gang. I came back to the present when I saw Hani rushing back here with a blue velvet box. 

 

"What's that?" I ask, looking at the box in her hands. 

 

"My gift to you," Hani push the box into my hand," Congratulations Kwon Haeul on your engagement!" 

 

"You didn't have to you know," I fumble with the box while looking at Hani. 

 

"Yeah I know. This may not cost as much as your designer jewelleries at home since I'm not as rich as you but I still want to give you this," Hani said sheepishly. 

 

"How many times must I say. I don't care about the money value, it's the thought that counts," I said sternly. 

 

"Okok! Sorry. Hehehe open it!" Hani apologise and urge me to open the box. 

 

I open the box to see a silver necklace with a pendant. The pendant is in a shape of a rose.

 

"It's beautiful. Thank you! But I've seen this before," I said as I trace the necklace. 

 

"Remember that time when we went to shop for my art materials last month? We passed by a jewellery shop. You saw this necklace at the display and said 'Wahh~ It's beautiful.'. That was the first time I heard you praise an item openly so I thought it was really a good idea to buy it as your engagement gift,"Hani explain. 

 

"Ahhh! I remember! Thanks Hani ah," I hug her and we both laugh.  

 

"I'll put it on for you," Hani took the box and went behind me. 

 

As soon as Hani successfully put on the necklace on for me, the door bell rang. We both check our appearance and walk to the door. I check on the peep hole before opening the door. Standing with tuxedos on was Monsters oppas. 

 

"Hauel~~" they all said at the same time and enter the room. 

 

Leon oppa automatically wrap his arms around Hani's waist. Daehyun suddenly pull me into a hug and it became a group hug. I look at Daehyun to see tears in his eyes. 

 

"Oppa! Why are you crying?!" I exclaim in horror.  

 

"My little sister isn't so little anymore," Daehyun said and wipe away the tears while laughing.  

 

"Bro, she's not going anywhere.  She's just gonna have an additional oppa. Or make that 10 additional oppas," Minhyuk said and pat Daehyun's back. 

 

"Oppa you're so silly you know that. I'm always Haeul. The Haeul you grew up with. The Haeul whom you raised to be tough and strong. I'm not gonna leave you oppa. Don't cry or else I'm gonna record this and give it to your fangirls at school," I said and hug him. 

 

"Arraseo.  It's just that I'll miss you following me around like a baby duckling since we were little.  Now that ugly duckling stopped following me, grew up to be a swan and have her own partner," Daehyun said and smile.  

 

"Yah! Don't make me cry also," Junyong said and look away. 

 

"Gee guys. I thought we were over this phase," I joke but I still hold onto Daehyun's arm.  

 

"We are. He isn't," Leon point to Daehyun,  making everyone laugh. 

 

"Okok I'm good. I won't cry," Daehyun said and wipe away the remaining tears," By the way, you look beautiful lil sis." 

 

"Thank you," I sincerely sm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter