021

Tough Girl's Sweetheart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tough Girl's Sweetheart 21


 

Haeul POV 

I walk out of my shower wincing in pain because I had accidentally hit my injured arm onto the sink. I look at my left hand and sigh. Oh well, at least I can still write with my right hand. I walk out and stood at the door opposite my room. I knock and waited. After a while, no response was given even if I knock a few more times. I turn the knob and just barge in. 

 

"Soyoung?" I called out. 

 

The room was clean and the bed was made. I run into the bathroom and panic when I saw no one. 

 

"Soyoung ah!" I called a bit louder. 

 

I ran out and search in the other guest rooms, in case she got lost around. I was really panicking. She was not in her room, nor in the other rooms. I run downstairs to look for my father in his study room when I heard laughter and giggles. I back track a bit to see my mom and Soyoung at the patio area, drinking tea while talking. I sigh in relief, feeling utterly stupid at that moment for overthinking. I smile at my mother who saw me by the door with her hawk like eyes.

 

"Oh Haeul! Come here," Omma calls me out. 

 

"Nae omma!" I walk towards them and sat beside Soyoung who was smiling widely. 

 

"What were you guys talking about?" I ask and stuff my mouth with a piece of pastry. 

 

"Eat more nicely Haeul ah! See Soyoung is so lady-like," Omma playfully glared at me as I faked my dramatic hurt expression.  

 

"Aniyo ommo-nim, I'm not as lady-like as you thought I am," Soyoung denied politely. 

 

"I see you have 'clicked' with my mother," I said and got a light hit on my shoulder by my mother. 

 

"Yes we did," Soyoung laugh while my mom rolls her eyes," Your mother is a very funny and kind woman." 

 

"Oh just call me omma dear," My mother insisted.  

 

"A-ah! Nae omma," Soyoung was smiling widely.  

 

"What are you girls up to?" Appa came to join us. 

 

"Appa!" I stood up to hug him. 

 

"Ah my princess. Daehyun told me what happened. Next time be more careful!" Appa nagged while I just look up to him and giggle. 

 

"Aren't you gonna introduce me?" Appa said with his eyebrow raised.  

 

"Oh ya!" I took his hand and made him stand in front of Soyoung.  

 

"Soyoung, meet my father. He's your father's younger twin brother," I introduced them but I notice Soyoung silence.  

 

I let go of appa's hand and sat beside Soyoung. I frown when I saw her shaking form. I held her hand and she flinch from my touch. 

 

"Is something wrong Soyoung ah?" I look at her in concern as she had her head hung low. 

 

"I'm sorry. I know your father and my father are two different men but they sound so similar. I'm sorry," Soyoung apologise while trying to calm herself down. 

 

I look up to see Appa having a guilty face while Omma was hugging Appa with tears in her eyes. I hug Soyoung and just tried to calm her down. Appa slowly approach Soyoung and sat quite a distance away from her. 

 

"Soyoung-sshi. I know that I and your father might sound similar but I'm very different from him. I won't force you to instantly like me but do know that I'll protect you just like how I'll protect Haeul. I've gave it much thought yesterday night actually," Appa gently said. 

 

"Ah nae. T-thank you and I'm sorry if my reaction is making you feel uncomfortable. I'll try to get used to this," Soyoung look down in guilt. 

 

" Aniya. Take your time," Appa hesitantly reach out to pat her head like how he would affectionately do to me but eventually he did. 

 

Soyoung flinch at his touch but smile when appa ruffles her hair. I giggle and did the same to her. Soyoung visibly relax but I can still see her a bit tensed. Omma sat opposite us and clasps her hand excitedly.  

 

"Your father and I had discussed this seriously yesterday. Soyoung ah, do you want to be our daughter? We decided to officially put you in our family register as our daughter. Are you okay with this?" Omma excitedly asked with hope-filled eyes.

 

"Y-you want m-me as a daughter?" Soyoung timidly asked. 

 

"Of course!" Omma excitedly said," You're family." 

 

"You're practically related to us by blood anyways," Daehyun suddenly appeared by the door," In the register or not, you're still family." 

 

"I-I...I-I'm," Soyoung stutter and omma face fell into disappointment. 

 

"We shouldn't have force this onto you so early. We'll let you think, just let me know when you're ready," Omma tried her best to persuade her. 

 

"I'm honoured! Of course I agree," Soyoung finally manage to say it," Thank you so much." 

 

"Yay! I'll contact my lawyer now!" And omma left while dragging appa along. 

 

"Wow," Soyoung said and smile," I was never a registered child. I don't even have a birth certificate but you guys welcomed me so warmly. Thank you so much Haeul unnie and Daehyun oppa." 

 

"Your welcome sis!" Daehyun ruffle her hair while I gave her a big hug. 

 

The three of us just sat there and talk as we enjoy the morning sun. I look at Haeul's scars on her hands and sigh. I should get more cream. 

 

"Ah! I forgot! Just a while ago, Joonmyun called me and asked how were you. I told him how you were and I think he is on his way with Exo now," Daehyun facepalm himself while I smile widely. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter